3.3

3.3

Quality trimmer

from Utah

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Easy to Handle
  • Powerful

Cons

• Difficult to Start

Comments about Craftsman 29cc 4-Cycle Straight Shaft Weedwacker Gas Trimmer:

When we moved to a new house, I bought this trimmer to be able to take care of maintenance. Overall, it has worked well and I have been pleased with it. I much prefer the straight shaft that comes on this trimmer (as opposed to the ones that curve near the end). It came with a package of heavy duty string trimmers. The owner's manual was clear and easy to figure out, and assembly was very quick. It is also easy to take the bottom half off and attach other pieces (for edging and things like that).
    The biggest complaint I have is that it does not start very easy for having an "easy start" system in it. I used to use an older trimmer that was difficult to start, and when I saw the advertising of this one that claimed it was easy to start, I hoped it would be better. But it is just as difficult to get started as the older models (it is possible to get started, it's just not the improvement they claimed). But once it is started, I like the feature that disconnects the motor from the head when the throttle trigger is not pulled. When you let go of the trigger, the motor will keep running even while the head stops spinning, which is very helpful if you need to set it down for a couple minutes and don't want to shut it off.

Great trimmer!!!

Comments about Craftsman 29cc 4-Cycle Straight Shaft Weedwacker Gas Trimmer:

This is the best trimmer I have ever owned. I love that I don't have to mix the fuel like in a 2 cycle trimmer. It is so convenient that I don't have to use separate gas for my mower and trimmer. After running this machine for hours you don't have to worry about smelling like 2cyle exhaust. The speed start is the feature that sets this trimmer apart from its competitors. Using a drill the machine starts with ease. I no longer have to struggle to pull start a trimmer. The design makes it easy to reach under areas like porches. Adding new string to this trimmer is a breeze. I have always struggled stringing my previous trimmer. This craftsman trimmer is simple to string. Great trimmer!!!

Powerful machine cuts through all grass and weeds.

No need to mix fuel. Speed start makes starting the machine simple.

Handling
    The straight shaft is helpful for reaching under areas such as porches.

Machine runs great.

• Handling:

Not worth a penny!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Craftsman 29cc 4-Cycle Straight Shaft Weedwacker Gas Trimmer:

We purchased this weed trimmer a couple of years ago and after using it ONCE, it broke. We used to be big on Craftsman items thinking they were higher quality, but soon came to realize, um NO - they are not, not at all! To make matters worse, we contacted the store where we purchased this item and they were of no help - didn't want to repair it, wouldn't let us exchange it for a "maybe" working one. Needless to say, you won't find any new Craftsman items in our house or garage or shed. When something needs to be replaced that we already have, it will not be a Craftsman.

• Handling: