4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Battery Charge:

Initial power but looses it over time

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

I received this set as a gift from my parents for Christmas. I was initially impressed with the Craftsman 19.2 v drill when I first got it. .All the components were properly balanced during operation. I have had it about one year now and it has been having some issues. The battery life for the Craftsman drills is terrible and so are the chargers. The chargers do not protect the batteries from overcharging, so it is very critical you stop charging the batteries when complete.

The drills have nice performance with a fresh battery, however the batteries do not last very long. The drills are lightweight and balanced.

The drills have a very solid construction for plastic housing body and metallic systems. I have used my drills for awhile now on a remodeling project.

Versatility
Craftsman finally designed universal tools for their batteries. Craftsman finally figured it out based on their competition. Hopefully in continues.

Nice overall design. The right angle drill is very useful in many applications. Very happy I have this drill.

Battery Charge
The Craftsman tool batteries are the worst on the market. They do not hold charge overnight and wear down very quickly during usage. In addition, they take a very long time to charge. The chargers are not design very well and will overcharge causing damage to your batteries. I realized this design flaw within one month of ownership. If you are looking for one time use here and there this is the model for you if you get it cheap.

World great

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

I have several Craftsman cordless drills. These are great! I use them all the time. They come in a convienant molded plastic case that is very durable and matches all of my other Craftsman tool. The battery lasts a pretty long time and they have all the power you need for general to heavy duty household tasks.

• Battery Charge:

Save your money -- batteries are junk

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

The drill itself is good but the batteries leave much to be desired. They don't hold a charge for long. After only a year and a half (with multiple use), neither will charge at all.

The drill performed well when the batteries held a charge. Although I regularly had to tighten the drill bit with greater force than with other drill I have used in order to ensure that it would do the job.

Versatility
Tight spots are impossible because of the large battery pack.

Again, the size and weight of the battery make this drill less than ideal.

Good and dependable!

from San Mateo, CA

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

The Craftsman 19.2V Cordless drill is great dependable drill of its type and price.

Downside is the weight but is compensated for the handle for heavier drilling. I suggest getting ther Li-Ion Battery.

Good for indoor, small household use

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

The Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill is a very functional drill that works best for indoor use on smaller, everyday-type projects. The battery packs hold their charge well and you can do light work with these drills for several hours without having to recharge the batteries. I've used these drills to place screws in the wall to hang pictures on, to place screws into assemble-yourself type of furniture and several other projects. I trust Craftsman as a brand. I've bought several items from them and they've all lasted for many years without any breakdown, so I definitely feel like I get my money's worth when I buy a product from them. I like the look and feel of their tools as well. The colors are strong but not overpowering. I will continue to buy products from the Craftsman line. If you purchase this drill set and are happy with it, I think you'd definitely like other products that are produced by Craftsman.

Perfect for household projects

from League City, TX

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

I bought this drill for my husband as a Christmas gift.  It came in a package with two rechargeable batteries, 1 charger, and the drill.  I also purchased a drill bit set to go with it.  This drill has accomplished everything we have needed it to around our new home.  It is easy to use and has a lot of power.  I have no trouble using it when my husband is not around.  The dual battery is really essential because the battery can die in the middle of a project and it is very convenient to have another battery already charged and ready to go.  This way you do not have to stop your progress to wait for the battery to charge.  Another nice feature is the built in level.  This drill is a bit on the heavy side but is comparable to other similar drills.  Unless you need a professional grade drill for contractor work, etc, then this drill will meet all of your needs as a typical homeowner.  And Craftsman is a brand that can be trusted.

For the not so handy

from Rainier, OR

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

Disclaimer, I'm not a handy person.  I have trouble remembering the difference between a pair pliers and a screw driver.  I have a lot of trouble hammering a nail straight, or hanging a picture level.  I leave handyman stuff, to other people who are better at it than I am, most of the time.  My husband purchased this cordless drill set and showed me how to use it...he insists I know how to use the tools we own...even if I don't like or want to know.

We (my husband mostly) decided that we should replace the flooring in our shed.  My contribution would be limited to passing tools, holding stuff, complaining and generally getting in the way.  At one point during the project, I was bored to tears and decided that it would go faster if I helped more.  I picked up the drill, asked my husband for help getting the drill bit into the "holder thing" and started putting screws into the floor.  Wow...this tool has a lot of power, and was easy to use.  It didn't weight a ton, and so I hardly noticed just how much work I got done.  I was impressed, the battery lasted, I moved around as needed without having a cords everywhere.  It was a great experience and I would recommend to any "non Handy" person out there.

Craftsman 19.2v drill

from Schererville, IN

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

Craftsman 19.2v drill. Best I've ever used. Has plenty of power for the tough jobs as well as torque control for the not so tough. The level bubble in the back allows you to ensure you are making a straight drill hole.

The 19.2 V Cordless Craftsman Drill is Powerful.

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Craftsman 19.2V Cordless Drill:

The Craftsman 19.2 V Cordless Drill is Powerful. We have built a kitty condo, a dog house, and are currently working on a headboard for our bed. This machine really packs a punch. The battery lasts extremely long and we are very pleased with it thus far. I would recommend this cordless drill to anyone.