2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

Easy To Use Applicator

Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast eye make up is a wet type of eye make up.  Not a powder.  Which I really like, because it seems that powder sort of breaks up and flakes and the small flakes gets in my eyes so the solid is better for me.

I have tried a few different solids and they all felt wet and sticky once on my eyelids, but the Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast eye make-up actually feels very smooth and silky on my eyes.  Other brands of the solid eye make up sometimes gets caky around the crease of my upper eye lid but the Smoky Shadow Blast from Cover Girl has yet to cake on my eyelids yet!

One thing that I do not like about this particular eye make up, is that it sometimes goes on a bit smudgy.  When I notice that it's starting to leave smear marks, I just use make up remover and start over because it seems that it will just continue to go on streaky.  Maybe it's because I'm having an oily skin day?? I do not really know.  I do know that it does not happen all the time though.

Overall, I am very happy with the Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast eye make up.  I like how the applicator is a dual tip.  One end is the smoky color and one end is the other color.  Mine is a greenish color.  BUT it's not a over the top see it before you see anything else green color.  The green color almost has pearl undertones.  Which I really like.  I've already worn the green alone and with the smoky color on my eyelids.  It's a subtle green, so it looks nice with or without the smoky color.

Also, I've worn just the smoky color alone.  The smoky color has accents of glitter.  It's not overpowering, but the glitter is something that does get noticed a bit.  I really like the glitter effect that is in this particular make up.  I've used some make up that had glitter added and it seemed to be way overdone, but not this.  It's fairly subtle.

I received a sample to use and talk about from BzzAgent.

Great concept, but it just doesn't work right!

I am a BzzAgent, so I received this product in exchange for sharing my honest opinion of the product.  Unfortunately, I don't have very many positive things to say about it.Read complete review

**CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast **is a two-sided eye shadow applicator stick that is designed to give you those gorgeous, smoky eyes we see on the commercial.  One end is a lighter color that you "draw" on your eye lid, and the other end is a darker color that you use to create the smoky look.

The eye shadow does go on smoothly, despite being in a crayon-like device.  It sweeps across my eye lid easily without tugging or pulling.  I've never used eye shadow in stick form, so this was new to me, but it was very easy to use.

Now that I got all the positive stuff out of the way, I can tell you why I gave it one star.  Number one, (and most importantly), I did NOT get any sort of a "smoky" look.  First of all, the colors I got didn't seem to go well with each other or even contrast enough to give a nice, smoky look.  I felt like I looked like a little girl that got into mommy's make-up and went to town.  It did not look smoky, high-quality or remotely nice.  If you accidentally touch your eye lid, the eye shadow disappears!  It literally can be wiped off with the slightest touch.

Thankfully, I didn't have to waste any money on this product.  Hopefully I can save YOU money by writing this review.  I do not recommend **CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast **at all.

This is a horrible product. Never buy this.

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

This has to be one of the most laughably awful make up products I have ever used in my entire life. I would really like to know how this got through testing. The creme shadow sticks are of such low quality, they have nearly no pigmentation and do nothing but smudge and they get messy even when set with a powder shadow. The two ends do not at all create a smoky look together, they just make you look like a five year old smeared shimmer on your general eye region. Awful.

This product creased on my eyelids immediately.

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I put this product on my eyelids and it was very sticky and almost itchy in a way, but I smoothed it out until it looked good to me. I left for school, and about forty minutes later, I checked my face in the mirror. This product creased on my eyelids in the most obvious way, and it was a bit frustrating. I wouldn't recommend this product.

Not bad, but I wouldn't buy again.

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I got the cover girl smoky shadow blast eyeshadow as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. I do not really like cream or stick eyeshadows, I prefer powder. If you put it on and then rub it in and blend a whole lot, it can look good. Otherwise it makes you look cheap and like a clown. It does not last all day, it will crease very easily. I'll use the one I have every now and again, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Product doesn't preform as well as I'd like...

from Green Bay, WI

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

The idea is great, but the reality of the product is not. I have about 4 of the color varieties and each and everyone has broken off at the base. So the shadow stick wobbles around or falls out if I forget to pay attention to what I'm doing. The color goes on smooth per say but will start creasing at some point. It doesn't blend as well as I'd like and it feels a bit sticky. If you need a quick eye job it will work, but if you've got time stay away from these and use some actual shadows.

What a huge dissapointment!

from Liverpool, NY

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I received two of these from CoverGirl as a prize for winning during two different Facebook promotions they had going on. I have the tempest blue and the citrus flair shades. Let me begin by saying the colors are beautiful and I prepared my eyelids by putting on eyeshadow primer and a little powder as well to help it stay on better. This product was a huge let down though, it was very easy to apply the shade that covers the entire lid but when I tried to put the other shade on that goes on the crease it just glides across it without putting the color on, instead the shade I already had on rubbed of on it. So the only way to put the crease shade on is to apply it on the crease and to make sure there is absolutely no eyeshadow color on the crease of your eyelid or else it will just glide across it without distributing any color. Once I was able to get the crease color on it would not blend at all, it was either an intense line or when I tried to blend it it would just rub off completely. I finally managed to get the eyeshadow on good enough to leave the house. Needless to say less than 30 mins. later while I was at work I looked in the mirror to see a horrifying reflection. It looked like I did my eyeshadow in the dark, it was creased in so many places it was ridiculous! Some spots had color still but most of it was creased or gone completely. The colors are beautiful, the idea of making a eyeshadow stick like this was a wonderful idea but the product itself is horrible! I hope one day they can make this product actually work like it should! I don't even know how they did the models makeup with this in the advertisements?!

I was not thrilled with CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast at all; ick!

from Livonia, MI

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I wasn't thrilled with CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast...even though I had super high hopes for this product. And who would have thought these would fail me....Drew in the commercial looks so fabulous showcasing these colors.

What this is, is a double ended eye shadow stick from CoverGirl, that gives you two complimentary shades meant to allow you to shadow, line and add major drama for that sexy, smoky look that is so popular. ShadowBlast had me at HELLO and soon heard me yelling GOODBYE!

ShadowBlast is a cream product and go on very smoothly, but are a bit difficult to perfect - they're very greasy. The colors look much different when you apply them versus what they appear to be in the stick. I purchased two color combinations; the grays and the smoky pinks - both bombed in my opinion. When I applied them, CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eye shadow looked muddy and actually cheap. The colors are not vibrant at all - the grey combination made me look drab and barely there, while the pink combination made me look ill and sallow.

So although the texture felt nice and nourishing at first as I applied it, I found that because these CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Eye shadow sticks have a very greasy consistency, they not only were difficult to apply but they smeared easily and never really set. So if you tend to rub your eyes, scratch your eyes or mess with your make up at all, these will smear. Plus, my eyes felt slimy all day long; my really expensive eye shadow primer was no help. Actually, with my primer these colors looked even duller.

I wish I could give stellar reviews, but CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast is not cheap to purchase but is cheap in look and value. One word for this eye shadow stick: BLAH!

love it...so easy to wear....

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

U can wear Cover Girls Smoky Shadow Blast Eyeshadow any color to Church, work, out to the clubs, out to ur childs baseball or softball games basically any were u go u can put more when going out or less cuz of the way this eye shadow is so creamy it just glides on an u can control how much u put on....its wonderful!!! I would give it 5 stars but for some reason I can't I can only give 4

eye popping

from Edenton, NC

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

I have to say for pencil eye shawdow, this is the best! Doesn't feel real think and heavy, color is beautiful, and so easy to use. One negative thing i would say, becareful applying the pencil can break easily if not careful. Other than that all the colors are great and looks good. I think could lower the price a little though, but still worth the money!

cover girl shodow blast , yup it blast away in about a hour

from Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

this does not stay on very long , wipes of very easy with ever blink. you see too many creases with in a short time of wearing it and make you look like you sleep in you make up . would not wast money on . very greese to me if that is the way to say it .

CoverGirl's Smoky SHadow Blast is one of the best shadows ever!

from Goshen, IN

Comments about CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow - All Shades:

This stuff is amazing! I am a fan of a lot of CoverGirl's products, especially their eye products. This is my new favorite! The only con is that they don't have enough colors to feed my addiction! They need to get more, I'd like to see more variety, but for now these are cool.

My favorite one so far is the 'Silver Sky'. It's the silver with the dark purple. It looks so good! The colors are flawless, and the whole thing is just amazing. It's super, duper shimmery. And it shines like crazy! It looks soooo glamorous. It's so easy to apply too- just swipe each end and go! They don't take a long time to dry. The only concern I have, is that sometimes it will crease during the day. But it doesn't do it horribly. If you had really deep set eyes though, it might cause a problem. For me, it's not a problem because my eyes aren't deep set at all- but other than that, fantastic product!