3.1

CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades

3.1

Pros

Cons

Who knew "stains" could be a good thing?!

I have never been a huge lipstick fan. In the 70s I discovered lip gloss and have used it ever since. In the 80s I dabbled with lipsticks and found an Estee Lauder one I loved. When I went to buy a replacement tube I found it had been discontinued. The 90s found me experimenting with gloss, lipsticks, long lasting lip colors and natural stains. Ever the wanderer I never really found what I was looking for.

With age I have noticed that my once beautifully colored lips are often pale and need a boost of color. Gloss doesn't last long, lipsticks are way too heavy (for the most part) and lip balms just don't get the job done. I may have hit on a winner though. I recently bought a tube of **Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain. **It is a different kind of lip color that glides on and stains the lips for longer lasting color.

I have found that **Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stains **come in a variety of colors. I chose Sassy Mauve and it was fairly true to the color shown near the BOTTOM of the tube. The color is applied with a rigid applicator that allows "painting" the stain on. I thought it might be hard to get the color on right but it wasn't difficult at all. Because it is a stain the color seeps into the lips and lasts a very long time without coming off on a glass, straw or someone's cheek!

**Bottom Line:**

I like it. I can use it by itself or apply a gloss over it. Even after the gloss is gone, the color remains. Good job, Cover Girl.

I didn't really like anything about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain!

I am a member of BzzAgent and received a free **CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain **in exchange for sharing my honest opinion of the product.  Unfortunately, this product wasn't anything I...Read complete review

I am a member of BzzAgent and received a free **CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain **in exchange for sharing my honest opinion of the product.  Unfortunately, this product wasn't anything I expected it to be.

***CoverGirl says: ***"The water-based colorants of Outlast Lipstain give lips a beautiful, lightweight flush of color that won't come off, lasting for hours without the heavy look or feel of an ordinary lipstick".

**CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain **is a revolutionary product in the fact that it is like nothing I have ever used or even heard of before.  The applicator is an actual marker.  You press the marker to your lips and "color" your lips with it.  The feeling on my lips was cooling and lightweight.  You can't even feel it to know it's there.  It literally stains your lips with color that is supposed to last a long time.

CoverGirl claims that this product will last for hours, but I can't get it to last one hour!  After I applied the LipStain, I waited about 45 and then ate my lunch.  After my lunch I went to the mirror to see what if anything had happened to the LipStain and it was gone!

I have tried this product several times and just don't like it.  I don't like the way it makes my lips feel dry.  I prefer the feel of lipstick or lip balm; the feeling of the LipStain was too matte and non-existing.  I also didn't like that it doesn't last very long on your lips.  It just all around just didn't meet my expectations.  I wouldn't buy one and I'm throwing the one I have in the trash.

Not too happy

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

I purchased the Cover Girl lip stain a few years ago and was not very happy with it. It goes on with what looks like a pen. The color on my lips was nothing like the color shown. I didn't like the color and it was very dull looking. There was no shine to it all. The felt-like applying tip barely even worked. I had to try to put it on with the sides of the tip instead of with the point of it just to try to get a little color applied. It didn't wear for very long as was promised. I continued to try to use it for a month or so but by that time the tip had completely dried up. I kept the lid on, so I know it didn't dry from being exposed to air. I was not satisfied with this product at all. If the only problem would have been color, I would have tried again, but the stain just doesn't last, in the applicator or on my lips. I would not waste money on this and instead get a product that actually looks and feels good.

So much better than lipstick!

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

This lipstain is so much better than traditional lipstick because it does not leave a residue. Once it dries it does not leave a lip print of any kind. Other lipstains I have tried have not compared to this one because this one actually tastes good and the color lasts really long.

Nice sheer color

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

I really like these lipstains. They are sheer but buildable and simply dry on your lips. It doesn't look like you're wearing an opaque lipstick it's just a tint. I don't find them to be drying but they're not moisturizing either so you can put a gloss or balm over them if you have dry lips. The colors are really nice. Not what you'd want if you want a strong color but good for a natural look.

Doesnt really do what its supposed to.

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

This lipstain comes in a lot of really nice shades. I tried a lighter shade of red, just to give my lips a pop of color. It is easy to put on, and goes on smoothly. However, the color does not last that long for me, and after a little while I feel my lips getting really dry.

The product doesn't last nearly as long as I'd like.

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

With this lip product, I loved the color that it gave my lips. It truly pops and compliments my skin tone, but I noticed that I had to keep applying it constantly throughout the day. It faded very quickly, and an application would be needed about every hour to keep it vibrant and nice looking. I also noticed that it seemed to dry my lips out a lot. After a day of using this product, my lips would be very chapped and dry.

It's an ok lipstain

from Lake Wales, FL

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

I have gotten this to try it out and I was very disappointed it said it will stay on. Well mine didn't the first glass I drank it already started coming off and it kind of flaked off to the point where I felt like something was on my lip. The color was nice but it was just something I wouldn't ever buy again. I was so sure it would work. I like the marker style of the lipstain it was easy to apply but for the staying power it didn't work. Sorry CoverGirl

The only lip stain that stays on under a lip gloss

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

This is so inexpensive, sold at the Drug stores, and yet it really works. I have it in several colors and then after it has dried a minute or two I top it with Buxom lip gloss. The lip gloss needs re doing several times before the day is over but the Cover Girl lip stain keeps my lips from being so pale. It is also not drying like many lip stains are on me.

Long Lasting Lipstain

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

The lipstaim comes in a tube 4 1/2" long. I found that when I pulled the wand out of the tube, there was a lot of lip color on it. When I apply the lipstain I don't really like the way it goes on. It is applied with a wand, and I don't feel I have as much control.

Cover Girl says to let the lipstain remain on the lips for a minute so you can allow it to set. When the lipstain did dry, my lips felt pretty dry. The lipstain did not give me a glossy look at all, more like a matte finish.

The reason I like lip stains is because I hate it when I leave that nasty lipstick mark on my mugs or drinking glasses. This stain really works, I can drink from a cup and not leave the lipstick behind. In that aspect I am very pleased with the product.

This lipstain lasts all day long, but I found it quite hard to remove when it was time to do so. The product that worked the best for me was plain old cold cream. Still, a little rubbing was required to get it off.

CoverGirl has a nice selection of colors to choose from, so there should be something for everyone.

Like all lip stains I have used, CoverGirl also leaves my lips pretty dry after the product has been removed. I think that is because it is sealed so tightly that air can't get to my lips, but that is just my theory.

My Viewpoint: This lipstain lasts for hours. It does not leave marks on cups or glasses, but it is more difficult to remove and it can leave the lips feeling dry.

Outlast was out first..

from Chewelah, WA

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

I purchased this lipstain during work in need of some color. I had a tired complexion and i just needed to bring out some sort of pop to my face. I opened it immediatly after purchasing and took it out of it's packaging. As soon as i opened the cap i noticed this wasn't like a lipgloss. It was almost like a sharpie tip. I tried to apply it to my lips without a mirror because i was daring. I ended up looking like a clown as soon as i got to the bathroom. The worse part of it all was that it couldn't come off with even a good washing. I had to buy foundation and cover it to get my lips to look partially normal again. I then stored it in my purse to try to use it in front of the mirror, well the thing ended up blowing up all over my purse so now it's not only a lip stain but a purse stain. I'm sure this product has potential if someone uses it right, me i just need to get with the program.

nothing like using a marker on your lips

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain - All Shades:

I bought the CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain with the hopes of having attractive looking color on my lips all day without the need for touchups. The product is a marker . . . Which is odd. The product dries out your lips horribly and causes your lips to peel. The product highlights creases, cracks and dry spots on your lips. The product does not go on evenly. The porduct requires coats of lipgloss on top of it to make it look halfway decent. The product is semi-permanent . . . Meaning . . . It lasts 12+ hours, but looks horrible. I will not be buying CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain again. I do not recommend that anyone try this product, it is a horrible product and I am quite disappointed in CoverGirl for making such a cheap and inferrior lipstain.