3.9

CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades

3.9

Pros

Cons

This lipcolor is fantastic -- lasted all day and then some.

I recently purchased CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor in the cinnamon stick shade.  The color was somewhat darker than I thought it would be when I first used it; however, I applied the Outlast cinnamon stick color on my lips and after 60 seconds or so I applied the clear topcoat.  The color itself does not have a shine, but the clear topcoat does.  Neither the color or the topcoat is sticky or greasy.  I went out for dinner with friends and after eating  I was surprised and amazed that I had not eaten my lipstick off nor had I left lipstick on my glass.  The CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor comes in a wide variety of shades, so many in fact that it was difficult to select the exact shade I wanted.  As I mentioned before, the color was darker than I expected it to be, so be sure to select a color in a shade lighter than what you want.  The Outlast lipcolor lasts all day, and you only need to reapply the clear topcoat occasionally to keep the shine.  There is no bleeding and the color stays exactly where you place it.  It is easily removed with makeup remover.  I am sold on this CoverGirl Outlast All-Day lipcolor and have since purchased two other shades.  If you are tired of having to reapply lipstick throughout the day, try the CoverGirl Outlast--it does outlast other lip colors.

Apply it and forget it? Not when I have to touch up every hour!

***Quick View:*** I like longwearing lip glosses but I really don't like two steps to get it. I don't like this lip color.***About Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor...Read complete review

***Quick View:*** I like longwearing lip glosses but I really don't like two steps to get it. I don't like this lip color.***About Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor 570 My Papaya***

This lip gloss is a two step system. You first apply the color, then once that dries, you apply the second tube of lip hydrator/shine topcoat. The color is a nice pinky brown shade on my lips and is pretty but I don't get the idea behind applying lip color then having to apply the shiny stuff all day long. Why not just apply lip gloss all day long?

Cover Girl says to apply the lip color and forget it for 10 hours. But then it says to use the topcoat throughout the day for shine and hydration. It seems like I can't forget it of I am constantly touching up the shine.

I found this to be a pain in the behind. And the color, when it fades, flakes off and leaves a ring around my lips that is very unflattering. I can't wear primer or anything else under it so my lips are dry and prune-like, hence the hydrating stick.

Not worth the hassle. I will just reapply hydrating gloss and be done with it.

***My Viewpoint***

This lip color is pretty but the two-step process is a hassle and the color wears off in flakes. It is really unflattering when that happens. I will just use regular pretty gloss and touch up as needed. ***2 stars.***

Not loving it

from Los Angeles, ca

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Pleasant Tasting

Cons

• Clumpy Application
  • Wears Off Easily

• Special Occasions

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

It would work for a couple hours and then I would wear off , or become a big clump of lips sticky stuff

• Skin Tone:
  • Medium

Best Long Lasting Lip Color!

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

This is simply the best long lasting lip color I have ever purchased. I bought it on a whim and I am now completely hooked. I only have to apply it once in the morning and my lips still contain the color by the end of the day. The color does fade throughout the day but the gloss brightens it up. I have also noticed that it does dry my lips a little but nothing too bad as long as I use the gloss during the day and lip balm before bed at night. I highly recommend this product for people who do not have time to reapply makeup throughout their day! I am a teacher and and before this product I was never able to find something that would last more than an hour or two. I have already gotten a lot of compliments from friends and co-workers and my husband asked me what I was doing differently with makeup. I plan to purchase more colors but right now my favorite color is Natural Blush. It is very neutral and goes well with my fair skin. I'm very glad I found this product!

Never Found A Better All Day Lip Color

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

I've always doubted those makeup ads that say their lip color lasts all day. Mainly because I've bought a few of them and they only lasted a few hours (at best). I decided to get one of these (in a pretty berry-purple color) to see how well this stood up to other brands.

I put it on in the afternoon. I ate, drank, and even brushed my teeth. The lip color stood strong! None came off on my cups, silverware or even the edge of the toothbrush. I decided not to exfoliate my lips that night because I wanted to see how long it would last. Wouldn't you know that I woke up the next morning and you could see the color still on my lips?! Now, it's not like I'm going to sit here and wear lipstick all night very often, but it's nice to know that this product actually lives up to its name.

I plan on getting one of every color (over time) because I've never been so impressed with a lip color in my life. I love Covergirl.

A decent product.

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

I have used CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor a few times. I have it in shade #603. What I like about this is that it really does last all day. It begins to fade a little bit, but it will not come off despite eating, drinking, and kissing. I love the clear gloss that comes with it. I use it by itself sometimes! The cons about this product are that there isn't a huge selection of colors and if you choose to reapply this product, your lips become flaky. Even if you put the clear gloss on, it will become chunky. Other than that, this product is great!

Not what I expected.

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

I am not a fan of the cover girl outlast all day lip color. The colors end up looking different on your lips. I followed the directions and everything but the lip color kept sort of flaking off of my lips within about two hours. This lip color is very drying. My lips felt so uncomfortable because they were so dry.

Lasts All Day But Can Be Drying

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

There are some beautiful colors but they can look a little different on you lips than in the tube. From light-to-darker, I like #598 ,621 & 599. Most colors have varying degrees of sparkle. You must let the color completely dry prior to applying the colorless balm to get lasting results. The balm will need to be reapplied several times throughout the day to avoid a dry look. This product is drying to the lips and can be difficult to remove at night (try an oil product). You must use a good lip moisturizer overnight to avoid peeling lips. Sparingly applying a clear balm prior to application of the color helps with the dryness but does somewhat compromise the lasting properties. I usually compromise by doing this.

This lipcolor is fantastic -- lasted all day and then some.

from small town, OH

really does outlast

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

What can  say about Cover Girl Outlast All Day Lipcolor? It is great. I will admit I was skeptical at first but amazed that it actually lasted. The key with this product is applying it exactly as the instructions tell you to. You have to let the color dry before applying the gloss as I mistakenly did one day while in a hurry, and it did not last very long. The color is dry feeling on your lips, but after you wait the full minute for it to dry and you apply the gloss which is included, you lips will look fabulous all day long. I do highly recommend that you only use the lip gloss which is included with the color, because using another one may cause the product to come off which I learned after applying chap stick to my lips and my color came right off. This product really is great though If you one who hates to worry about their lip color all day. You really can eat and drink with it too, just dont scrub your lips with a napkin and you should be fine.

I found the product disappointing.

from Bloomsburg, PA

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

i found this product disappointing as the clear coat needs to be reapplied to keep shine and the color flakes off despite claims that it stays put.it does have wonderful colors but in my opion not a cover girl product i would purchase again.maybe in time they will improve it but until them i will stick with traditional lipsticks.

love it!

from 27410

Comments about CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor - All Shades:

I love the outlast lip products, they really do last 8 hours. I've worn the outlast products for over 5 years. Suggestion - once you find a color you do like, keep a list of the number or name since it will wear off the bottom of the tube by the time you want to buy another.  I wish they had samples to try since sometimes the color is different once you get it one.