4.1

CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation

4.1

Pros

Cons

I've been waiting for this one for a long time.

I am a BzzAgent, and was selected to try out a new makeup by Olay and Covergirl. It is a new type of foundation that will NOT accentuate the wrinkles. It "floats" somehow over the fine lines so they don't show. I don't know how they do this, but it works. I have had problems with makeup since menopause as I will start perspiring freely at a moment's notice, making my makeup a mess. I try just dabbing with a tissue or hankie, but it just removes my makeup. Well, we went to a wedding of a friend, and the weather was muggy and not makeup-friendly. I was nervous about how it would work, but packed the little compact style case in my purse for refreshing if need be. And hankies. Two hankies. I cry at weddings, too. By the time the service was over, I could feel the perspiration starting to break through, and I quietly dabbed my hankie over my forehead and cheeks. No makeup came off! I thought, "Oh darn! it must have all melted down somewhere. I must look a mess. It was an evening wedding, so it was dark when we left for the reception. As soon as we got there, I rushed into the Ladies Room to fix the damage. I was shocked... the makeup appeared untouched. I dabbed at the dampness on my forehead again, and still nothing off. I removed the spongy pad that comes in the compact and tried re-applying the makeup, thinking this can't be still good. It didn't need to be refreshed. I have to say, I am sold. I gave up on wearing foundation when I started having trouble with the perspiration thing, only wearing it when I had to dress up for something. This stuff I can wear all the time.

It washed off easily when I got home, when I used my disposable face cloths to clean up for bed. It didn't give me any problems, and I have to say I was skeptical. No lines around the eyes, skin looked nice and smooth and even toned.

I strongly recommend this to anyone is worried about fine lines and suffers the same menopausal perspiration problem. It was made for us! I also like that the handly little compact, unlike the liquid in a bottle, can be easily carried in the purse for touchups if you need to. It's not a powder, and it's not liquid, its a soft cream with moisturizers. It even feels good going on.

The best part, you can buy it at the grocery store or drug store, no department store prices!

I had a hammer and the hammer won, sort of.

I came home with .with my new foundation, Covergirl Olay Simply Ageless Foundation, and high hopes.  Then I tried to open it.

Getting to the applicator cost me...Read complete review

Getting to the applicator cost me only two broken fingernails and a little humiliation. (I rarely swear, so it was humbling to hear myself.)  On to the foundation itself:  After 45 or so minutes of squeezing and twisting and using jar lid openers and pouring hot water on it to "break a seal" or whatever that is supposed to do, and trying to pry the lid off with a screw driver, and reassuring myself that yes, I was twisting the darn thing counterclockwise, I gave up and went to work on it with a hammer  Very sturdy packaging, I must say.  But the hammer and my very good arm prevailed and finally I got to the foundation.  I have to be real careful when I use it, though, since it's got all those little plastic bits embedded in it.

PS:  The first time I dialed the "...if you still have trouble opening it number" I got a fast busy; the second time, an invitation to meet local singles, and the third, a fax tone.  Thanks a lot, Customer Service.

I'm telling Ellen Degeneres.

Not very good

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

It did not last very long and left my skin feeling flaky. I tried using this product for a couple weeks thinking that I needed to get used to it however I never did. I have sensitive skin as well as oily and possibly that's why it left my skin flaky and feeling bogged down

Great for everyday use.

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

I used this makeup for several years until I developed a skin allergy and had to switch. Before that time, I really liked it. It covers extremely well and is good for most skin types. My skin tends to be dry in winter and oily in summer, and I could use it year-round without getting to dry or too shiny.

The Olay component is wonderful. It keeps the makeup from getting too cakey or heavy or settling into lines. The makeup goes on smoothly and feels light.

There are a good number of color choices, but not so many as to become overwhelming. The Olay helps to bring the color up or down as well, depending on what you need. The price is reasonable, and it doesn't take a lot to get good coverage, so that makes it a good value for the money.

I'm not a fan of the applicator pad that comes with the makeup. It's too small to use for very long, so I just used my own sponge. The compact design makes it easy to apply as well. No need to pour it out, and you can get down to the last little bit.

Very nice foundation product

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

I had been using foundation for years. I then stopped for a few years ago due to allergies and very sensitive skin. I then found CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation. To be honest I am not sure if it was because of the spokesperson advertising it or not but I decided it was time again to try foundation. As it advertised to a more mature audience than 20 year old women, I purchase one. After a few days I discovered again why I did love foundation so much. If you look at your skin like a canvas in regards to painting (and consider the makeup as paint you apply) you are giving the canvas a nice clean to paint upon. I found my skin looks so very even with CoverGirl & Olay Simply Foundation. Then you could paint upon your canvas with eyeshadow, blush, and more. The final product is amazing. Mind you I never found this to work so well with another brand. CoverGirl & Olay Simply Foundation is now my brand to work with. I highly recommend it!

Flawless Makeup Coverage

from Nashville, TN

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

Although it is not 100% effective in wrinkle prevention. this makeup does work wonders especially when compared to many of the other competing products. the foundation is easy to apply and goes on the skin smoothly. It feels great as it is applied, and instantly you can see the difference in the appearance in your skin tone.
The makeup is lightweight and since powder and foundation is combined into one you are ready and set to go in minutes.
Most wrinkles the makeup flows flawlessly over, but others it doesn't cover quite so well.
There is a money back guarantee offered with the makeup so if you use it and do not like the results then there is really no risk at all.
There is no perfect product out there, but I definitely think this Cover Girl product is really close to it. Whether you wear makeup on occasion or on a daily basis the Ageless from Cg will not disappoint you and your expectations.

A great cream foundation

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

This is a heavy duty cream foundation that works wonders in the winter time. I like this foundation because it offers a full coverage that is extremely blendable, can be layered, and gives a very natural and flawless finish. I like to use this product in the winter time because my skin tends to dry out, so I want to get a foundation that doesn't accentuate my flaking skin. This product not only makes my flaking skin less noticeable, but it also has amazing hydrating benefits. I found that my skin looks even better when I take off this foundation that it did before. Very few foundations have skin benefits built into it, and amazingly, this one does. I absolutely love this foundation, and I think it is one of the best cream foundations on the drugstore market. Overall, this is a great foundation for people with dry skin and it is essential in winter use because of its great hydrating benefits. All in all, this is a great product that I will definitely be purchasing again.

Okay foundation.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

You get a lot of product with this foundation, so it is a good deal. The packaging is pretty bulky though and is hard to fit into one of my small purses. I do not use the sponge that comes with it because I find that it applies unevenly. I use my fingers to pat it in and it goes on much smoother. I have to do a ton of blending to get it to look natural though. It has a nice finish that looks pretty natural. It's not dewy or matte, more like how natural skin is. The coverage is not that great and I can only use it when my skin is clear. It covers light marks but does not cover acne much at all. It evens out redness but not completely. It lasts many hours, but only if I set it with a powder first, otherwise it melts off on my oily areas. If I smile a lot it can sink into the lines and wrinkles around my mouth, so I avoid wearing this if I know I will be taking pictures. I have sensitive skin and this has never broken my skin out.

Did not work at all for me

from Richmond VA

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

I need to learn to simply avoid CoverGirl cosmetics - they are just not for me! I decided to give this a try after hearing rave reviews from a friend. I thought it might help to smooth out the fine lines I am starting to develop around my eyes and on my forehead, but it was like using some kind of wrinkle highlighter instead! I know that I applied it correctly and I didn't use too much, but it was still far more cakey that I ever like my foundation to be. I prefer lighter, more subtle foundation and not something that makes my very light lines look like the Grand Canyon! It also felt fairly greasy and was difficult to remove. I don't like having to use so much makeup remover just for one product - it's just a waste of money. Maybe I just have the wrong kind of skin for CoverGirl products, I'm not sure. All I know is that I will not be trying this one again anytime soon - waste of time.

Great concept of foundation and moisturizer

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

I initially received the CoverGirl and Olay Simply Ageless Foundation from bzzagent to try two years ago but have been purchasing it for myself ever since. I really did not use any foundation prior to receiving this product. When I tried using foundation in the past, I had a hard time matching the foundation to my skin tone (which is light). Plus I found that the foundations I tried made my skin look oily so I simply gave up on using foundation. But since I received the product free to try, I figured why not? Well, I really liked it. My skin looks and feels great when I use it. I have not experienced any problems such as the product making my skin oily or causing it to break out. I liked the application sponge that came with the product. I appreciated that they provided you with something to help apply the foundation. At first I thought the sponge looked too small but it did turn out to be the right size. I found that by watching the video on CoverGirl's website on how to use the product really helped. I found the foundation applied evenly and I did not feel like I was wearing anything on my skin. I took before and after pictures and was shocked at the coverage it gave me. I have always had good skin and never felt like I needed a foundation. I didn't feel like I needed to cover anything up. But seeing the before and after pictures of myself was amazing. My make up looked even better on. This foundation really did provide a good base.

Fantastic foundation and reasonably priced.

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

I love this foundation. Best foundation I found to match my skintone. I have been wearing foundation all my life and this one is one of the best. I have very uneven skin tone and broken capillaries on my face and this covers well and applies quickly. Very reasonably priced. I have used this product for over 2 years and will continue to keep using it. Hopefully it will not disappear like most foundations do.

This foundation is too thick, cakes up, and does not blend well.

Comments about CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation:

The CoverGirl and Olay Simply Ageless foundation does not live up to its hype. It is very hard to blend into your skin. You will end up with a make up line that does not match your neck. It looks like you are wearing a mask; especially if your face is a bit darker or lighter than your neck.

Not only is it hard to blend in, but it also cakes up and settles into any lines and wrinkles you may have. This is especially true if you apply it under your eyes. It will cause every line you may have under your eyes to be very visible. I only have very fine lines under my eyes and around my mouth, but when I used this it made them look like actual wrinkles. Not only that, but it settled into lines around my nose that I did not even know I had. It looked like some drew on my face when I used this.

It also does not let your skin breathe. I could feel the make up on my face. It felt a heavy and tight. In comparison to other foundations, it was harder to wash off. I had to scrub my face more than usual to get it all off of my face.