Other Lips:

CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm

Pros

Cons

NatureLuxe Gloss Balm Leaves Lips Soft & Shiny

I received a free tube of **COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Gloss Balm** courtesy of BzzAgent. The color I received is beautiful, number 215 - Hibiscus; a clean tone of sheer purple with just the right amount of glossy shine. Formulated with SPF 15, this colorful treat is perfect for year-round wear in sunny Florida. As a frequent lip gloss wearer, I was thrilled that COVERGIRL combined the sheer color and shine of a gloss with the soft moisturization of a balm. After just one use, my lips were softer, smoother and looked fantastic in their cute purple hue. **COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Gloss Balm** is available in 16 versatile, beautiful shades that are perfect for all occasions. After receiving many compliments while wearing my Hibiscus shade, I decided to go out and purchase several more. I will definitely continue to use this product, as I find it to be quite beneficial protection against the lip drying sun here in Florida. I love the clean, natural, yet polished look of this gloss balm. I highly recommend this product to anyone that wants fabulous looking, soft, kissable, sun-protected lips.

Different textures, okay product.

I first tried the CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balms a few years ago when they first came out. So far, I have bought two different shades. The first shade I got was I believe was Grenache. It was wonderful. Its shade really matched the swatch on the tube, and it glided on smooth like a lipstick but it was not heavy, more like a balm. The color was bright and vivid. It had a decent wear, I got an hour or two without reapplying which seems to be about average for me. I liked my first shade enough to buy another, which I believe was Anemone. Even though they were the same product, there was something different about my second shade. The product almost seemed like it had larger chunks of shimmer/glitter in it. Anemone did not go on my lips smoothly, and it almost felt like an exfoliator. The color was still good, but I did not like how it made my lips feel when I wore it. I gave it several chances but the roughness never ran out. I'm not sure if I got a bad tube or if the rest of the colors are like that, but Grenache was so good that I still have to give this product a 6/10.

Different textures, okay product.

CoverGirl's Natureluxe Gloss Balm Offers Nice Light Color

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

While shopping at my local pharmacy I came across CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm so I decided to give it a try. I have been looking to include more natural products in beauty routine so I was happy to try this product. Also it comes from a company that I trust, another big plus for me.

I really liked the variety of colors that you can find with the Natureluxe Gloss Balms. I also like the fact that the colors don't go on too dark, unlike other balms. In addition, the balm worked very well at keeping my lips nice and moisturized, so that they didn't get dried out in the winter.

This product is a little pricey on the gloss balm scale, but it is pretty easy to find not only sales on it, but also coupons in your local paper.

I would highly recommend this product for people who are looking for a nice, light lip color that contains more natural ingredients than typical lip balms on the market.

Great for color and moisture, not for long-lasting look

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

I have CoverGril's Natureluxe gloss balm in coral (#230). I mostly go with understated, natural makeup looks, especially in the daytime, so I appreciate this product. It gives a sheer wash of color on my liips, but doesn't stand out too much or looks too bold. The coral color I have perks up my face and gives me some color and life, but doesn't make me look like I did up my face a lot. That's a good middle ground for me - a wash of color but not a bold statement.

This balm feels great, moisturizing almost like a clear lip balm or chapstick would feel. It's a good choice if you have dry lips and a matte lip color would enhance any dryness or flakiness. It also has SPF 15, which is a great choice if you'll be out in the sun - it seems hard to find lip products that include this. It should be noted that the color doesn't last particularly long, but it can be layered over a lip stain if you want a moisturizing topper over a more long-lasting color.

Great. Lasts a long time.

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

This is a great lipstick in a market of mediocre ones. I am very sensitive to all makeup and I do have rosacea. I know you wouldn't think lipstick would start a rosacea flare but a lot of lipsticks cause me to break out. This one doesn't and it has a very light smell and actually seems to moisturize rather than dry my lips out. I do have to reapply it several times a day but not as often as other brands.

I wish they had more colors that weren't glittery. The colors are a little limited so I own about half of them. They are a little different on than they are in the tube. If you have the ability to try them on before you buy, I would suggest it. There are a few that are completely different than what they look like so I leave them in my car or in my purse so I have something to put on basically as a last resort. But several are great colors. If you don't mind the shimmery, glittery colors you would have a lot more options with this line.

Great light color for summer and casual outings, but not natural

from Madison, WI

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

I bought this in Muscat and Peony, which have deep colors in the tube, but go on more sheer for a medium coverage. The intensity is perfect for a more casual lip gloss/balm. My lips feel soft after it goes on, so it doubles as chapstick for me. The price is reasonable for the outcome, and the color lasts a decent amount of time for what it is (basically a tinted balm). As far as gloss, it does provide some gloss qualities, but it's not very shiny like a full out tube of gloss. A nice benefit of the balm is that it has SPF 15, to give you a little protection in the summer time.

I am not sure why it says it is "natural", I don't think the ingredients are actually natural (and looking at the list, it looks like any other commercial lip product). This is somewhat misleading to those who may think this is lower in chemicals than other products like Burt's Bees. This is why I won't rate it higher, I think it abuses the "natural" term just because it has shea butter or something.

Loved the Color and Texture but Not Long-Lasting

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

I chose the darkest color Clove although I am fair. It is a sheer, plummy copper with enough color but not too dark or glaring. It is moisturizing and very flattering to the lip texture but, like all gloss balms, it does not stay on long--especially if you eat or drink anything. Great if you do not mind reapplying often.

Sheer and Natural

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

Although this lip gloss/balm is sheer, it gives the lips a nice color while soothing and moisturizing the lips. It usually only lasts a few hours though, about 4 hours before it starts to wear off. It is good for shorter events. This gloss also comes in a variety of colors from nude to reds to pinks. Since it is sheer, the color in the tube is always darker than the actual color on your lips. So unless you want barely any color on your lips, get the darker shades of the color you want. I bought a light pink once, and it actually made my lips a little lighter, which was the opposite of what I wanted since I have pale lips. Despite the light colors, I really enjoy using this lip balm/gloss because I wanted something rather sheer and moisturizing at the same time.

Simply nice...

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

This is a great product just to wear on the go and running around. Simple to use, protects your lips with a bit of color and a bit of shine, not messy or overdone for day use. I have one in my purse all the time.

Creamy, not sticky!

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

I didn't wear lipstick and lip gloss for a long time because they all made my lips feel sticky and clumpy so I would just use my Mary Kay lip balm, which I love, so it wasn't a big deal. I took my daughter to a Taylor Swift concert this year and they were giving away these products as free samples so I thought, "What the heck, I'll try it.", and I'm glad I did. They're very creamy, not sticky, and the colors are nice. It's definitely a product I'd buy!

CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm has a hint of color and shine!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm:

I don't like wearing lipstick, but I do like to wear lip balms and glosses, so I figured **CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm** would be great since it's like having both types of products in one tube.

I bought the color *Grenache 235* and the color is beautiful. It's a nude shade of pinky mauve. It glides on your lips like a lip balm, but leaves a sheer hint of color and subtle shine behind. It's not super shiny like lip gloss and I like that.

I really enjoy how moisturizing **CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm** is. It feels just like a moisturizing lip balm and doesn't feel sticky or tacky. Also, this product contains SPF 15 and that makes it even better!

Neither the tube or the CoverGirl website say exactly how natural this "Natureluxe" product is, and I wish they did because I don't use products that contain petroleum or parabens. That aside, this is a wonderful product and I would highly recommend it to someone who prefers a more natural look on their lips.