4.1

CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation

4.1

Pros

Cons

Provides a flawless finish w/out feeling like I'm wearing a mask

I received a sample of CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation and have since purchased a tube of my own. That tells you that I liked it enough to buy it after using it, so I definitely recommend it.

I didn't really believe that this foundation was going to be THAT much different from the gazillions of others I have used, but it is different. It smells fresh, it's extremly lightweight, and it feels as smooth as satin, but it covers flaws and blemishes incredibly well! Impressive to say the least!

This foundation is so light that I forget I'm wearing it. It has the feel of a mineral foundation, but it blends and covers like other liquid and cream make-up. It's buildable, so if you prefer to make it a little more thick to cover flaws, you can do that, but you probably won't need to build it much, because a light coat blends easily and covers very well.

This is an outstanding foundation for me. I still use just a touch of mineral makeup most of the time, because I like mineral makeup. But when I want a very polished, sophisticated, and flawless look, I now reach for my tube of **CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation**. It provides all of those things very well, and I can barely even tell I'm wearing foundation when I use it.

CoverGirl gives the product the following description: *"Natureluxe Silk Foundation exchanges a heavier emollient for a touch of cucumber water and a hint of natural jojoba and rosehip extracts, which are lighter, more luxurious-feeling alternatives. *

- *Oil-free *

- *Paraben-free *

- *SPF 10*

*Natureluxe Silk Foundation is part of Covergirl Natureluxe, a luxury makeup line that exchanges a select heavier synthetic for carefully-chosen natural ingredients, while delivering a polished makeup look and a lightweight feel. Natureluxe Silk Foundation contains a lightweight blend of hints of jojoba and rosehip extracts along with cucumber water which is a lighter, more luxurious alternative to a heavier feeling emollient. Cucumber water is refreshing and light-feeling to balance creaminess on application. Innovative formula for creating naturally polished looking skin designed with beauty trend insights from Pat McGrath, Covergirl Global Creative Design Director."*

There are 14 shades of this makeup, so I'm sure you can find one that's perfect for your coloring...mine is Nutmeg, which is #360. Find your shade and try this great foundation. I don't think it will disappoint you. I am much more pleased with it than I ever would have imagined.

NatureLuxe Foundation is silky and smooth

Being a BzzAgent, I was delighted that I had the opportunity to try a free, full size tube of **COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation**. I chose shade number 350 - Oak: a light, yet natural tone of slightly warmed beige and a hint of pink. At first, I thought that this shade would be too dark for my fair complexion, but I was wrong... It works quite well with fair skin complexions complemented by freckles (which I have plenty of). When I first applied my **COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation**, it did in fact seem to glide on as smooth as silk. I appreciated the lightness of the product without the heavy, caked-on texture caused by other foundations. Not only did it provide a smooth, silky feel, but I loved the transparency level of this makeup. Unlike most people, I prefer a light, sheer foundation with a polished appeal; that will not only allow my freckles to shine through, but accentuate them as well. Having extremely sensitive skin, I really enjoy knowing that COVERGIRL traded in the heavier emollients in their foundation for a touch of cucumber water and a hint of natural jojoba and rosehip extracts. The overall fragrance of the product is quite pleasant, a bold cucumber scent, but questionable when it comes to having such sensitive skin. Personally, I would prefer an unscented version of this foundation due to the fact that I have had days where it has irritated my skin. Also, **COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation** contains SPF 10 - To most, an SPF in a foundation would be beneficial; to me, I am ultra-sensitive to sunscreens, so I would also prefer the unscented version to be SPF-Free. As you can probably tell, I am quite picky about makeup in general. I suffer from Atopic Dermatitis on my cheeks and ultra-sensitive skin - Between the two issues; it's hard enough trying to find the right moisturizer, never mind the perfect foundation. So all in all, I would highly recommend this foundation to anyone that wants a comfortable, smooth, silky, sheer makeup without the nasty emollients and heavy, caked-on feel of other foundations. As for those with sensitive skin, I would go with Clinique.

Broke me out on forehead.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

This foundation is actually pretty good, besides it breaking me out in little pimples all over my forehead. It is pretty light and does not feel like you are wearing a ton of makeup. It feels like you are wearing more like a tinted moisturizer but slightly heavier. It has a light coverage and it does not build up very well. When I put a second layer on it looked very unnatural compared to the first. It is kind of dewy but once I put a layer of powder on, not so much. It does not last that long. I would say four or five hours or so before I needed to touch up around my mouth. It blends really well and goes on evenly. It does not have the best coverage and did not cover red blemishes, but it did cover just regular redness around my nose and such. I like that it comes in a squeeze tube because it's hygienic and easy when you're doing your makeup in the car, or in a bathroom when you're out. It comes with a good amount of product, but there is quite a bit of air in the bottle.

This foundations is well worth the money

from lakeland, florida

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

This is a foundation that I can get behind. I love how it feels so smooth on my skin. It applies easily and the color I chose matched my skin perfectly. It is a light foundation that allows my skin to breathe, which is very important to me. I hate heavy foundations. With this one, I only have to use a little bit to cover my face and it never looks like it is caked on (like I have on way too much). Also, this foundation is good all by itself. I did not need to add any compact powder over this foundation, which was really great. This Cover-Girl foundation costs a little bit more than other foundations by the same company, but I am totally willing to spend extra money for a great product like this one. Value is worth more than just money, that is for sure. I would definitely recommend this product to my women friends. I love Cover Girl products and this is another one that they have knocked out the park.

A Beautiful You

from Nashville, TN

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

Overall I was satisfied with this foundation. It is lightweight and you will notice this from the moment it touches your face. It has a rich, creamy texture that goes on the face smoothly, easily and evenly, and it never feels caked on. I follow with GC powder and still don't feel as if Ive caused an acne breakout.
There's a ton of different colors, and I find one that is really close to my skin tone. I like the design of the package, and it is comfortable and easy to hold.
For women who want to look their best, this is a great foundation that will make it possible. It is one of the best from CG!
What I like most of all is that this foundation helps you look your best, not made up.So many women forget this aspect of makeup and its true use, so this is something that I must say I really appreciate. I feel like a woman, I feel great when I am wearing the Luxe. it stays put all day and looks just as good in the afternoon as it did when I applied it in the morning.

Best for covering skin!

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

I have very uneven skin; not only in skin tone, but in terms of dry skin. My skin is very flaky, and usually any foundation that I used just seems to color my dry skin, not cover it. I don't know what the secret is in this foundation, but when I put it on, it just looks and feels beautiful. It was the first foundation I ever tried; every other drugstore brand I used were horrible and useless.

Perhaps I was not used to the feeling of putting on a foundation, but it definitely appears "thick" to me. It DOES feel like I'm wearing a foundation, since the wind that hits my face does not appear as cold as it should. However, it is not unbearable.

IT COVERS AMAZINGLY! There were no flaws and it was perfectly smooth. My skin had never been so even-toned. And they offer this makeup in a variety of different shades too. Definitely give this a try before you judge! Not alot of people are a big fan of Covergirl make-up but this foundation is something else!

Thick but all over coverage

from Mayville, WI

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

I am very picky with foundation. The first time I used this I broke out. I think it was due to the thickness of the product. After I used it a couple more times I liked it. It is thicker coverage than I am used to but due to my scarring from acne and current acne it covers well. It leaves my face looking dewy and creamy. You have to scrub pretty hard to get this off though if you want a makeup free face again.

Love it

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

I fell in love with this foundation the first time I used it. It covers up well and gvies skin a nice even tone. Its easy to apply and it is reasonably priced. It comes in a little tube that might not seem like a lot but it lasts forever. Stays on almost all day, and so far I have no complaints about it. Definitely would recommend!

Did not work well on my skin.

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

I was not happy with this foundation. I prefer a more natural and light feeling with my makeup. I felt like it was too thick after applying to my skin. Even though the shade was the same as other foundations I've used, it did not look natural on my face or seem to even my skin tone. It provides medium to full coverage, which is good, but does not feel light or natural. Even squeezing it out of the tube, it felt thick and heavy. With 'silk' in it's name, I really thought it would glide better onto my skin and feel more natural. I also felt that I had to apply a light powder over it to be sure that it blended all over my face and to hide the caked look that I felt like it gave my face. I also did not like the way that it came out of the tube. It was difficult at times to judge how fast it would come out, and how much would come out, and then it would just be wasted. I'm sad to say that although I love Cover Girl, I would not recommend this makeup in particular.

Nice Easy Product

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

I have used Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation since just after they released it a few years ago. Due to some production shortages I couldn't get the Naked Skin foundation for about 6-7 months in 2012. During that time, I looked for something else that would be light weight and easy on my sensitive, rosacea-flared skin. I looked at several options but because this was natural and had cucumber in it I tried it.

Naked Skin, well, feels like I'm wearing nothing. It's insanely light and doesn't cause me to break out or become splotchy. NatureLuxe is pretty great too. I did find that I could not use it with the same primer I used with Naked Skin (I use Tarte's Brightening Primer.) It made the NatureLuxe set very weird. I still use NatureLuxe when I'm in a hurry. With Naked Skin, I have to let my moisturizer dry, then my primer has to set for 6-7 minutes. Each layer of the process takes several minutes. But the NatureLuxe is much easier. I don't really need a primer with it so I can put it on and give it 90 seconds or so to set before I do my blush (if I bother when I'm in a hurry.) I suggest using a beautyblender or another sponge to put it on. It doesn't do great if you put it on with your fingers.

Gentle & Soft

from New Jersey

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

I think this makeup would be a good choice if you were looking for coverage that when applied not only went on easy but felt light on your skin but at the same time covered very nicely. Cover Girl happens to make outstanding products for the price. What I also like so much 8is that they cater to jany duffereht skin types as for intance I'm noot a teenager nor in my twenties but yet still have oily skiin on parts of my face so theiur makeup does do my face justice as well as I also like to combine it with the power face compact to touch up my skin in between the day especially if i am going somewhere at night. What's really nice is that cover Girl keeps their prices modest and noit untra expensive which really helps everyones budget. This makeup is also great to give as a gift to someone as a pick me up if they have been having a tough time in their life and need a new look to make them feel special. cover girl is my makeup of choice!

Cover Girl's NatureLuxe Foundation Provides Fine Coverage

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation:

I love makeup and I love trying new products. I have been overall pleased with my experience with Cover Girl products so I decided to give their CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation a try.

First the pros. This foundation provided very good coverage. It also didn't go on streaky which is a nice plus when compared to some other foundations I've tried. It has a slight fragrance, but nothing too heavy which was also very nice. It is also relatively inexpensive and easy to find in all major stores.

The only real downside that I noticed after using it for awhile was that the top of the bottle easily caked up, which meant I had to clean it after every use. In addition this summer the product separated. We don't have air conditioning and it can get hot in our house and apparently that is what caused the problem.

I would, however, recommend this for people looking for a good, natural foundation.