4.1
Other Lips:
CoverGirl
CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades)

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Pros

Cons

COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipcolor makes lips smooth and soft

Being a BzzAgent, I had the wonderful opportunity to try COVERGIRL'S all new Lip Perfection Lipcolor in two gorgeous shades. First off, I would like to say that I was a little skeptical about a lip color that claims to transform lips to be incredibly smooth and luscious in just 7 days. Living in a hot climate, I deal with frequent sunburn and chronically dry lips on a regular basis. I am a constant user of anything lips - Whether it is lip balm, lipstick, lip gloss or stain... Chances are I have tried it. So all in all, given the opportunity, I was all over the idea of trying a product that would make my lips smooth and silky. The first color that I received was my color of choice; #220 "Hypnotic". This beautiful, some-what nude/brown-based shimmering lip color is the perfect color for year-round wear. I absolutely love brown-based lip color and this was definitely a great shade. The color was in fact rich and glided on smoothly without being heavy or gunky. I love that COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipcolor has a unique blend of silk therapy moisturizers and provides a rich, true color. The second color that I received was # 295 "Rich"; this shade falls into the Nude/Coral/Reds line - Which I am not a huge fan of. Being a redhead with fair skin, anything semi-resembling a pinkish hue tends to make my face seem flushed and red. But without further ado, I gave it a go. Yet again, the color went on smoothly - but one thing caught my attention with this color in particular... It had a funny taste that could not be avoided; with every sip of a drink or bite of a snack, it was gross; odd. Anyway, needless to say, the "Rich" color was not a favorite in my book. "Hypnotic" on the other hand is now a top choice in my lip color routine. So here it comes, after not 7 days, but 3 weeks of use... I shall give you the lowdown. My overall opinion of COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipcolor can be summed up in one word; smooth. My lips look fantastic! I have received tons of compliments on the color alone and now with regular use, my lips are incredibly smooth and soft. Now that I know how great this product works, I will probably buy the entire browns line in both lip color and liner. Hats off to COVERGIRL, I think they really nailed this one.

CoverGirl Lip Perfection - Not so perfect but not bad.

***Quick View: ***I had a chance to try this new lipstick before it was sold in stores so I bought two different shades. First, the shades are not at all what they seem to be on the screen so I highly suggest purchasing this lipstick in person and second, I don't see anything special about it despite a lot of claims about this being much more than an ordinary lipstick.

***My Take on CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick***

I bought two shades, one called Fervor and the other called Kiss. Fervor looked to be a light brownish shade and turned out to be a garish bright berry shade much too dark for my skin tone. Kiss looked to be a very neutral nude shade but is really a very peachy, almost orange shade. I don't really like either shade but I am not basing my review on the shades.

CoverGirl claims that this lipstick will not only color lips and hydrate them while the lipstick is on them but it contains a silk protein that makes lips more conditioned and hydrated the more you use the lipstick.

Well... I have had both for a week and have worn both several times to see what, if anything, would happen with frequent wear. The answer? Nothing. My lips aren't drier but certainly don't feel more hydrated because of **Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick**.

As far as application and wear, it's just like any lipstick out there. It's very pigmented and not very shiny. It lasts a while on the lips as long as I don't eat or drink and wears off in an hour no matter what I do. My lips look nice when the lipstick is on (and would REALLY look good if the shades were ones that flattered me) but I prefer more shine from my lip products.

**Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick **doesn't make my lips dry or prune-ish but I don't note much added hydration. I also haven't seen any boost in hydration or the condition of my lips after wearing either of the shades at least a few times a day for about a week.

CoverGirl claims to have 44 shades of this lipstick but only eight were available for pre-sale. The all have names that don't coordinate with their shades (I hate that! I don't like cute. I like functional when it comes to makeup names!) and they all look pretty weird. I am sure when the full line launches, there will be many wearable shades to choose from. However, I don't think I would choose this lipstick over any others because of the benefits because I didn't get any. I may chose it if a shade is really great because the lipstick itself is fine. It acts and works like any decent lipstick and is highly pigmented. I would wear a clear gloss over it to boost the shine.

***My Viewpoint***

Honestly, I don't see anything special about **Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick**. It's fine for a simple lipstick and, if a shade is perfect for you, I doubt you'll be disappointed in the product but, as for all the claims of hydrating lips and making them conditioned and moisturized the more you wear it, don't expect much. This lipstick is...OK.*** 3 stars.*** I will recommend it because the large shade variation, when it's available, may make it easy for you to find THE perfect shade and the lipstick is no worse than any other drugstore lipstick out there.

Moisturizing lipstick.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

I have only tried one shade of this, and I'm impressed with how moisturizing it is. I don't even have to wear a lip balm underneath it. It's very creamy and smooth on your lips. It has a shiny finish, almost like I'm wear a light lip gloss over it. It's very pigmented. I just need a few swipes and I'm good to go. It only lasts for about two or three hours (depending on how much I talk, eat, drink, etc.) before I need to touch up and reapply it, but I don't mind because it keeps my lips hydrated. I don't like that it can sink into the cracks of your lips if you leave it on too long without reapplying. It will leave dark lines of color in the cracks of your lips. Also, since it is so moisturizing and creamy, it tends to move a bit on the sides of my mouth. A lip liner completely solves this problem for me though. The packaging is really cute and chic, but it can be difficult to put the cap on if you are in a hurry because you have to line it up correctly. It's decently priced.

I loved this lipstick, but it didn't come off for a few days.

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

I truly loved this lipstick, and it had a smooth and very nice color to it. The lipstick was creamy and lasted on my lips for a very good span of time, but the downfall of that was I could wipe off the lipstick, but the pigment would linger on my lips for a day afterwards. It seems to really settle into the crevices of your lips and stay there.

Smooth, moisturizing, stays on well.

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick comes in many great colors for me to choose from. It doesn't cake or crack on my lips, nor does it dry out my lips. It seems to moisturize my lips as I'm wearing it. I feel like it gives just enough coverage, without being too thick. It glides on smooth and evenly. I do have to reapply some through the day to freshen up the color, yet it does stay on for a decent amount of time. A hint of color would stay on much of the day even if I didn't reapply any. It doesn't have an odd or bad taste on my lips. If I'm using a lip pencil, which I sometimes use before an evening out, the lipstick blends well with the lip pencil so that the pencil outlines my lips well, but doesn't stand out too much. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a smooth lipstick with even coverage and a fairly natural look, especially to those who are susceptible to dry or cracked lips.

Good for the money.

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

I like the cover girl lip perfection lipstick. This lipstick comes in a huge variety of colors. It does not last all day or anything, but then again the product does not claim to. It goes on smoothly and this lipstick does not make your lips feel dry. I would recommend this cover girl lipstick.

Lip Perfection is almost perfection for your lips!

from small town, OH

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

I received two shades of CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor to try as a BZZ Agent. The lipcolor did keep my lips moisturized, and I found my lips to be smoother and silkier and not as dry as they had been. The lipcolor contains a blend of silk therapy moisturizers which included a butter complex of shea, avocado and aloe, a silk protein, white tea and an emollient derived from olive oil. After using the Lip Perfection for a week or so, my lips were noticeably softer and smoother even when I was not wearing the lipcolor. The Lip Perfection is hypoallergenic and is great for those who have sensitive skin. The Lip Perfection is available in 44 different shades. The reds are very, very vibrant and bold. It goes on creamy and stays creamy and is not drying. I found that it did have a tendency to smear, but that was quickly remedied by using a lip liner. CoverGirl Lip Perfection is quite affordable and can be found everywhere in drug, grocery and discount stores. My lips feel pampered and well taken care of when I am wearing Lip Perfection. This is another great makeup item from CoverGirl.

CoverGirl's Lip Perfection should be one of their top products!

from Spotswood, NJ

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

I was given the chance to try two of Covergirl's new Lip Perfector after receiving two shades of the Lip Perfection from BzzAgent.com as samples-this is my own opinion of how I feel about the product(s) personally. I must say,It blew me away! I am not the type who usually wears lipstick,but rather prefers lipgloss unless it's for a special event.I tried Hypnotic and Rich-colors that I hoped would be flattering to me.I put on the Hypnotic and did the blotting test on a napkin,and none of the lipstick came off-in fact it stayed put all day long without me having to pull out my mirror and reapplying it throughout the day like lipgloss.My lips are also very dry because of the weather and the lip perfector delivered on it's promise of moisturizers in it.The colors are not too strong,so even if you go for a bold color it wont show up as super bright.This is the perfect lipstick in my opinion for any and all occasions.I have worn it everyday and my lips continue to feel and look smoother each day.

CoverGirl Lip Perfection

from Punxsutawney, PA

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

Let me start off by saying.... The first time I put on this lipstick it felt great and I really liked everything about it...It didnt leave that filmy feeling on my lips a few hours after having it on... and I will also mention how I liked the fact that there was no "after taste"... (some leave that weird taste in my mouth) that a lot of lipsticks that I have tried... leave behind!... Like I said... This CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick, was Great the first night... some friends and I had went out for a night and of coarse I had to tell them about it and let them try it on and we were all applying and then re-applying every few hours through the night...LOL... Well... Umm... I dont know about anyone else, but my girls and I woke up the next morning and Literally ALL of our lips were stained to a very bright (and Very Un-Appealing) bright Pink color that had literally stained our lips... wow... CoverGirl Lip Perfection?

Wasnt "PER-FECTION" in any of our eyes the next mornin for real!... I will not use this again... Well... until Halloween anyway... and even then... Ill have to "bag it" by morning.... Haha... anyway... the stain on my lips took 2 days to come off with soap, so this Lip"stick" definitly did not work for me

CoverGirl Lip Perfection is my new favorite lipstick!

from Ashaway, RI

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

I recently had the opportunity to try CoverGirl Lip Perfection lipstick and it was like rediscovering lipstick all over again. It is hands down the best lipstick I've ever used - and here's why. It's lightweight, long lasting, and it makes my lips softer and silkier while I'm wearing it! I couldn't ask for more from a lipstick. It's also cost effective, which is great, because after I decided I liked the first one I tried - I ran out and picked up two more shades!

And there's another plus. There are so many colors to choose from, a complete range for from day to night. Also, all my local stores seem to be carrying it now, so I not only is it easy to find and purchase, but I get the benefit of competitive pricing, making a good deal an even better deal.

I highly reccomend this product - I love it!

Covergirl Lip Perfection not too bad

from Albany, OR

Comments about CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick (All Shades):

I tried the Covergirl Lip Perfection first thing in the morning. It went on really smooth with almost a chapstick feel versus your normal slightly sticky lipstick. You can definitely feel there's moisturizers in there somewhere! The shade I got from Bzzagent was Coquette a bright pink. Not really my normal color but oh well. It definitely had a smell to it but you got used to it after a little bit. It is definitely NOT kiss or sip proof but smears cleaned up really easily with a tissue with a little water and soap. I would recommend it if you'r going out somewhere, but probably not as a daily use item. Which kind of negates the benefits but oh well!

COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipcolor makes lips smooth and soft