Other Eyeshadows:
CoverGirl
CoverGirl Eyeshadow

CoverGirl Eyeshadow

For a night out on the town, You can't go wrong with CG

I recently purchased 3 Cover Girl "Eye Enhancers" eye shadows. The first one is "230 Ice princess". It comes in 4 shades of purple. 1) Dark Purple (Purple Twilight) 2) a medium Blue-ish Purple (Violet Shiver) 3) Light powder Blue (Lilac Frappe) and 4) a Light Lilac (Moonlit Lilac). The second was "260 Coffee Shop" also comes in 4 shades but in brown shades. 1) Dark Brown (Mocha Mousse) 2) Copper (hot cider) 3) Gold (Caramel kiss) & 4) Beige (Creme Fraiche). The third eye.shadow is only a trio "135 Star Lights" came in 1) Dark Purple (Midnight) 2) Lilac (Moon Beam) and 3) Beige (Milky Way). "135" and "230" are very similar. All three compacts come with a basic 2 sided sponge eye shadow applicator. One side has a pointed edge to help you reach the small creases and a wider round side for overall coverage. I was very happy with these 3 sets. All the shades have a light glitter shimmer to them that really adds to the color and look. The beauty of these eye shadows is that when you apply them, the color does come off light but if you add some water to your sponge applicator or makeup brush (not included) you can get dark tones as you continue to apply layers. You can wear each color on its own or blend together (each color in the set compliments the others.) for a smokey night time look. Cover Girl is easy to find at any drugstore or supermarket for affordable prices. I would definitely give this product 4 out of 5 stars. I would buy this product again.

A drugstore shadow that...performs like a drugstore shadow.

**This product in a nutshell: **is a lackluster eye shadow that flakes off the lid and creases after a few hours of wear.

For a drugstore cosmetics line,...Read complete review

For a drugstore cosmetics line, CoverGirl has been a favorite staple in my makeup bag for years.  Their name is synonymous with quality and a girl-next-door appearance.  I think they make some of the best foundations and powders available today, so I figured I would also be satisfied with CoverGirl's eye shadows.  Armed with a BOGO coupon, I bought two trios on a trip to my local Rite-Aid: Sea Glass, which is a sparkly array of greens, and Evening Skies, a pearlescent trio of silvery-blues.

I generally prefer buying shadows in a three-pack because it takes the guesswork out of picking colors that are supposed to "go" together.  Both of these trios performed about the same.  I applied the middle shade to the entire lid and was already disappointed because I had to really layer the shadow on to reach the desired color saturation, especially with the Sea Glass trio.  The other shadows applied without issue, and though I'm not a fan of sponge-tip applicators, the ones that come with these sets are super-soft and pick up the shadow well, distributing it evenly.  Pleased with the end result, I set my makeup with powder and went on my way.  Within an hour or two, however, the shadow started to flake and I had little flecks of color on top of my cheeks.  After a couple more hours of wear, I saw a line of color creased upon my eye lid that didn't go away when I tried to blend it away with my pinky finger.  I had these issues after a standard day of work sitting behind a desk.  Who knows what my face would have looked like if it were a hot day or I was out dancing with my dorky friends?  Fugettabouttit!  Granted, CoverGirl Eye Shadow is found virtually anywhere and can fit into every diva's budget, but it's money wasted if it can't stay still.

**I give this product 2/5 stars: **due to the lack of staying power and creasing on my eye lid.  CoverGirl offers a nice array of shades that look great together as a finished product, but that can only get you so far if it doesn't stay that way.

This is one of the first matte eyeshadows that has worked.

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

I loved this eyeshadow. Usually every single eyeshadow I buy is sparkly or has shimmer in it, which can get annoying when you try to go for a different look. I was very impressed by how pigmented this eyeshadow was, and it stayed on my eyelids all day. The only thing that annoyed me was the eyeshadow was a bit itchy, and I kept feeling the urge to scratch my eyelids throughout the day. Besides that, I loved this eyeshadow.

Very nice and handy!

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

I bought this in the spark of halloween! I used this quad to do my halloween makeup this year and I am very pleased with how pigmented the colors for each shadow are. It was very easy to blend and came out nicely on my lids. Plus since the packaging is quite small I can pop this anywhere in my bag and use it even after halloween! It is very inexpensive and I highly recommend this product!

I have used this product happily for years.

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

I am very pleased with this product overall. I have been using this product for about 20 years (in different color combinations over the years, of course). I began using it in my early 20's because of its affordability. I keep using it in my 40's because it works. The color palettes are hard to resist. They have changed very much for me throughout the years and moods when I buy the product. I like the packaging of the product. I love the four colors in one. This makes the product almost ideal for travel because of its compact size. I also, admittedly, still like the affordability of the product. I don't tend to feel so guilty about changing my look or trying a new color combination. Cover Girl has really remained competitive in their pricing throughout they years. I have a feeling I will be buying this product for myself for many years to come. I also think I will be sharing and passing on this tradition to my daughter when she approaches the time in her life for make-up.

The color is beautiful!

from Mechanicsville, MD

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

The colors- a purple palette- are really beautiful. The color lasts for a decent amount of time, but it does get a crease in it after a full day of wear. I do not, however, wear any base eye make-up, so that could solve the problem.

CoverGirl Eyeshadow is terrific!

from Elmwood Park, IL

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

I have been using CoverGirl Eyeshadow for years and I still love it. The color choices are wonderful. It never flakes or creases, and it is reasonably priced. I have used many different eyeshadows through the years and I keep coming back to CoverGirl.

I am a "COVER GIRL" thru & thru

from Gilbertsville, PA

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

I love cover girl eye shadow (and the rest of their products too). First I love cover girl make up because they have a lot of variety and quality cosmetics. I can always go to their product section and find the color I want or the style I want. I have been using their products for a lot of years and I feel that they are very high quality. They are comfortable to wear and do not have strong "cosmetic odor". I love that they have coordinated shades for eyeshadow, this makes shopping quick an easy at times. I think they are innovative and definitely keep up with the beauty trends and new products. But, the very best thing about cover girl make up is the price. I am a stay at home mom with three young children so I definitely don't have a lot of money to spend on my beautification. I don't feel guilty about buying the cover girl cosmetics because they are reasonably priced and a good quality. Also, they have sales & coupons enough that it makes it an even bigger bonus.

CoverGirl Eyeshadow the best for the low cost

from Spring Green, WI

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

As a young girl I have stood by my mother side and watched her so many times in her daily ritual of getting ready for work. Which included putting her makeup on, and of course her eye shadow. For as long as I can remember she has always worn CoverGirl makeup. So since a young age of playing with my mother's makeup and hoping that she does not notice how quickly she was needed to buy more makeup, I've had my hand in tinkering around with CoverGirl eye shadow makeup.

I liked the color selection that is available for a women like me and my preferences. i have light brown hair and brown eyes, and I found that light brown, dark brown colors worked well for me. Along with pinks and purple shades of eye shadow. I like how CoverGirl eye shadow applies and seemed to last the right amount of time before it started to ear off. My one draw back for me that I started to notice as i got older while using eye shadow makeup was that my skin on my eye lid got oily as the day went on. With the application of eye shadow, it clumps very easily into a nice clumpy line on my eyelid, and i do not like that.

CoverGirl Eyeshadow is great!

from Yankton, SD

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

I really enjoy CoverGirl's line of eyeshadows. With a huge variety of colors, you are able to achieve any look you want! Whether you want dark and smokey, or light and subtle, CoverGirl eyeshadows have the shades to fit your makeup needs. And they are so affordable! My two favorites are their Queen Collection Eyeshadow Quads, and the Smoky ShadowBlast. With either of these eyeshadow kits you are able to achieve a fabulous look with the colors you choose. So not only is it a great value, but you also only need to buy one or two if you choose the Quad, ShadowBlast, or even the 4-color kit, because with just one or two of these choices, you have all of the colors that you need without having to buy eyeshadow singles, which can get expensive. Another great thing about CoverGirl Eyeshadows is that the color does not fade throughout the day, the color stays bright and vibrant all day long! Those are the reasons why I choose CoverGirl Eyeshadows.

CoverGirl Eyeshadows are fabulous

from Lakeside, CA

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

Eyes are the gateway to the soul is what is always being said. Well if that's the case, than I want the entry way to be beautiful. I have used the CoverGirl eyeshadows for many years and I have to admit that from time to time I have veered away from them to try a different product. But I always find myself coming back to CoverGirl. I love the selection that you have of colors. I love that you can buy your favorite color by itself, or with complimenting colors to go with it. I have tried more expensive brands and my skin had reactions to them all. I go back to CoverGirl and my eyes seem to be happy. I'm always getting compliments on my eye make-up. I do with that the pallets were a bit bigger because I tend to run out of them rather quickly, but that does tend to make me change up my colors more frequently though. I love the quality you get for the price you pay. I will keep buying this CoverGirl.

The CoverGirl Eyeshadow is only good because of the price

from Sandy, UT

Comments about CoverGirl Eyeshadow:

I have recently tried a few different types of Covergirl eyeshadow and have been highly disappointed.  I purchased it because it was a good price - practically free when I used a coupon combined with a store sale.  I was happy to see so many different choices of colors - that is another thing it has going for it.  However, I feel like I have to apply ten times the amount of eyeshadow to achieve the same style.  I don't feel like it really does anything.  After I put it on it doesn't even last very long.  I find I have to re-apply eyeshadow several times throughout the day which isn't worth it for me.  I would much rather spend more money on a better quality eyeshadow that will stay on all day long and will last longer - i.e. I won't have to use all the color at one time.  The eyeshadow also flakes off easily, so although I have only used on of the color a couple of time, large chunks of the eyeshadow are coming out.  This eyeshadow is not for me.