3.8
CoverGirl Clean Makeup

CoverGirl Clean Makeup

3.8

Makes good skin better.

**This product in a nutshell: **is very good and making already good skin look better.  As I had mentioned in previous reviews, I suffer from a very mild case of rosacea.  When I am not experiencing a flare-up, this product is excellent at providing me with sheer to medium coverage for a more even-toned complexion.

A good foundation is so difficult to come by.  As women, we all have such different needs in terms of the amount of coverage we need and the overall "look" we are going for.  When my face is acne-free and not reddened and blotchy, Cover Girl Clean Makeup in Ivory 105 is my foundation of choice.  Why you ask?  Well, this makeup provides very lightweight, natural coverage and because of that it is not meant for those of us who have problematic skin.  It simply does not cover moderate to severe acne, scars, and pronounced redness.  What it does cover is mild acne, mild redness, and mild discoloration.

When I use Cover Girl Clean Makeup, I always start with a clean, moisturized face.  Facial moisturizer acts as primer to help the foundation better adhere to my skin, and thus preventing a makeup mudslide down my face.  I dot foundation on my forehead, nose, each cheek, and i place another dot of product just under chin.  With a lightly damp latex sponge, I blend the foundation into my skin using downward strokes, making sure that there are no visible streaks or a line of demarcation at the jawline.  After the product is perfectly blended, I follow with eye cream and concealer for under the eyes or any parts of my face that need extra coverage.  Cover Girl Clean Makeup is a water-based, dermatologist-tested product, so it won't clog pores.  I get positive remarks when I use this product - that I have a dewy, clean and clear complexion and I like that!  Some reviewers have complained about the smell of this product, but I like the menthol smell of Noxema, and therefore, the aroma of this product does not bother me in the least.

**I give this product 4/5 stars because**: of its wide availability and how good it feels on my face.  It covers mild skin issues, but if you have major ones, this product might be more of a hindrance to your skin because it's actually highlighting your flaws by not covering them up all the way.

Makeup to make you DOWN.

I would just like to say that this product is awful! I have recently been using it to put under my powder in hopes of reaching a 'perfect' look. Before this product my skin was basically flawless (& I am in no way trying to brag). I generally would put this foundation along my 't-zone'. After a little under a week I noticed that my skin had grown really oily in those specific points & that I had patches of breakouts in those areas as well! I would advice NO ONE to use this item. At this point I am questioning whether the creator is trying to flaw your skin in hopes that you will use the product more. >:|

Ive always loved this fondation

from New Port Richey Florida

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Lightweight
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish

• Acne-Prone or Oily Skin
    • Full Coverage
    • Mature Skin
    • Normal Skin
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

I've always used this from day one as a teen till my ripe age of 40 tride and true product i just love it.

• Skin Tone:
    • Fair

Surprised at the negative reviews!

from TX

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Lightweight
    • Noncomodegenic

• Acne-Prone or Oily Skin
      • Dry Skin
      • Light To Medium Coverage
      • Mature Skin
      • Normal Skin
      • Sensitive Skin

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

I am so surprised at those that say Covergirl clean doesn't have good shades. I find that this is THE ONLY drugstore brand that I can find a perfect match for my skin tone. I use Creamy Natural in the winter and Warm Beige in the summer.

I LOVE this product and I have a lot of credibility in saying this. I have used the following products: Bare Escentuals, Glominerals, Purminerals, Loreal Trumatch, Neutrogena Healthy Skin, Stila, Flower, Revlon Color Stay, and many others. There is nothing wrong with the higher end products but I keep coming back to Covergirl because of the cost. I love the way this foundation looks, feels, and smells. I sometimes mix it with moisturizer to make my own tinted moisturizer. And for those that get break outs from this....well, each person is different. I have acne prone skin and this is one of the only foundations that my skin can handle. Like another person said, I actually feel like this seems to help clear breakouts. I love this and I hope it is never discontinued. It has already proven to withstand the test of time.

• Skin Tone:
      • Medium

Sadly disappointed

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

For years I have been searching for a foundation that works perfectly. This foundation was complete disappointment for me however. I had assumed seeing all the commercials and ads for cover girl that it was safe to use and would work to help me out. I was very wrong. This foundation was not very smooth. I was very almost flakey and spotty. I had my friend who is a professional in the makeup department attempt to put it on and it turned out bad at that time as well. I was very sad that this happened because I really did like everything else by cover girl. Another problem is the way it comes out. If you aren't careful at tipping the bottle slightly you will have a mess. It is very liquid based and pours fast. They also did not have a wide variety of colors. I had to pick a shade tanner than I am because I am sort of light skinned however the one they had that was light was way too light. I am hoping that they have some better foundations that I can attempt to apply. Hopefully I will be a little more impressed.

Cover Girl Clean Make-up

Profile Image

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

CoverGirl Clean make-up was the very first liquid foundation I ever used. There were not too many options twenty years ago and this was one of the best back then. It does not have a super heavy application, goes on lightly but covers well. This foundation smoothed out my skin tone and gave me just the right amount of coverage to make me feel like I looked my best, but did not look caked on. It covered very nicely and little blemishes or discolorations in my skin. The bottle seemed to last forever too, a little of this stuff seems to go a long way. I also must say I love how CoverGirl foundation smells! It has this really nice scent that I just can not explain but is very distinctive to their product line. I recommend this foundation to anyone just starting out with make-up that does not want a super heavy made up look. It is a wonderful product for teens as well since it will not clog pores and shouldn't cause break outs.

Not for skin with too many blemishes.

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

This is an excellent option for individuals whose skin is in fairly good condition because it provides minimal coverage. If you want to liven up your look and achieve a fresh faced image without the added coverage, this is the foundation for you. As for myself, when I tried it on I found that the coverage was extremely light and did nothing to benefit my problem areas. I have acne prone skin, some acne scarring, and a birthmark. I appreciate formulas that work to cover all the defects. While this foundation might not have worked for me, it might be better for those who do not experience too many skin issues.
      I also liked the fact that there is no offensive scent, which is great for individuals who are sensitive or allergic. The color selection is decent, and not too important for this foundation because it goes on light and spreads out evenly. I think that the shades would match plenty of skin tones.

CoverGirl, you let me down!

from Kansas

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

I've always been a fan of CoverGirl. One of my main reasons I started using CoverGirl in the first place is because as a typical ginger I have very fair skin and their "Ivory" shade matches my skin tone. I have used numerous CoverGirl foundations [and other products] and decided to try their Clean Makeup foundation once.

I thought it would be a little better for my skin. Firstly, it did not go on properly. It just kind of looked smeary. I tried a few difference methods to putting it on but pretty much had the same results each time, streaky and smeary looking foundation.

It didn't last long on my skin. It looked like it just kind of melted off my face and left a weird residue. The foundation took my blush right off with it. It just did not work right on my skin.

It also kind of has a weird medicine-like smell that I haven't quite noticed with their other foundations.

If you are a CoverGirl fan chose one of their other types of foundations, not this one.

Really great foundation!

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

I really love this Cover Girl clean makeup. I love the texture it has, it blends so nicely on your skin and leaves it looking so great and smooth. It covers very well, but it's not super thick like some foundations tend to be you actually forget you're even wearing makeup when you put this foundation on. I love how fresh it makes you feel, like your skin can still breathe with this makeup on, I hate how with some makeups it seems like you're clogging your pores with it, well, this Cover Girl clean foundation feels nothing like that. It does have a strong scent, but what makeup doesn't have some sort of scent, and to be honest once you wear it for about 10 minutes you no longer smell it, not sure if that has to do with the fact that it has dried or if you're just used to it by then, but I've never gotten any comments on the smell of my makeup before so I wouldn't be too worried about that either. Another great thing about this foundation is that it comes in many different shades so it works for anyone, I have really fair skin for the most part of the year until I get some sun on my skin and it's really hard to find makeup that looks good on me, but they had the perfect shade for me!

Another foundation makeup that doesn't work so good.

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

I am always having a hard time figuring out what brand of foundation to buy for myself and which color. I am always disappointed with the results. First I tried the Maybelline foundation and I hated it. I thought the Covergirl foundation might work better but so far it didn't. The color looks bad on me. I look like I'm dead when I am wearing it because it makes my skin look too pale. So right now I am just using it to highlight certain areas on my face like around my eyebrows, my nose, chin, and cheek bone. It is also kind of hard to spread it around my face. A little doesn't go a long way because it doesn't spread good with my foundation brush so I have to keep getting more foundation on my brush in order to cover the areas of my face that I want it on. The only two things that I truly like about it is that it doesn't make my face feel greasy because it's not a heavy makeup and the other thing is that it does stay on throughout the day.

Good product for this price point

from Chesterfield, MO

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

I've been using Cover Girl Clean Makeup foundation on and off for years. It's what I first started using as a teenager because it was easily accessible and inexpensive. Over time, I tried other, more expensive foundations, but I've returned to this product again. I use the classic ivory (one of the lightest shades) and feel that it matches my skin tone as closely as any of the other foundation products I've used. It provides a nice amount of coverage. I don't have a lot of blemishes to cover, so I don't use a separate concealer, just foundation and then a dusting of powder. I like that it doesn't leave my face looking mask-like, it just evens out my complexion. What I really like about this product is that it doesn't break me out. I have to be really careful when selecting facial products, because I do have very sensitive skin. This makeup never irritates my skin. The fragrance of this product is also pleasant. It's not overwhelming, just a nice, clean scent. For a relatively inexpensive foundation, I think this is a good option.

This shouldn't even be sold, it's a horrible foundation.

Comments about CoverGirl Clean Makeup:

I cannot believe after all these years this product is still atrocious. I used this foundation when I was a kid, and was very experienced. I didn't know then that this make-up was breaking my face out. I had horrible acne from this make up, and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. I bought it recently, and found it's still the same formula, the name has been changed in the last fifteen years though. It's called clean make up, but it is nothing at all like the name. It's not a clean foundation, as makes your face extremely oily, clogs your pores, and breaks out your skin. Also, all the Clean Make-up isn't even the color of anyone's skin tone. I read a book by a dermatologist that even stated these same facts, saying it was the worst make up on the market. I feel that Cover Girl needs to really do something about the formula, or take it off the market. I cannot believe anyone would give this foundation a very high score, and you can expect this isn't worn by any of the celebrities they have on their commercials.