Other Foundations:
CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation

CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation

Pros

Cons

Aquasmooth works with my finicky skin.

Before I started using Aquasmooth, I often had issues with breakouts. And when my skin wasn't covered in bumps, I found it would often be dry. This was fixed when I started using Covergirl Aquasmooth Compact Foundation. It's inexpensive, but it certainly isn't cheap! By which, I mean, it works as well, if not better, than pricier products. The water based formula glides effortlessly across my face, eradicates dark circles and blemishes, and infuses my skin with moisture. I get compliments on my complexion, and I often let people know, it's because of this awesome Covergirl stuff. It doesn't clog my pores. It lasts all day. It fits nicely in any pocket of my purse, just in case I do need a touch up. The only thing I would have to say is, there really isn't enough in the compact. It doesn't last as long as my CoverGirl powder. But that doesn't really bother me. I just buy more. I recommend Aquasmooth!

doesn't last

since i have such pale skin (you don't even know) i have to use the concealer because Covergirl foundation is too dark for me, even in the lightest shade. the concealer is great when you first out it on, but after i go through the first two periods of school, it all comes off! i wouldn't tell my friends to use it. definatly don't use it when you're going to be in a shaving cream fight, haha.

i want this product in my life

from morocco

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish

Cons

• Causes Breakouts

• Full Coverage

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

use this product everyday after your foundation and you'll see the difference, i love it !

• Skin Tone:
  • Medium

Used to think it was amazing

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

I started using CoverGirl Aqua Smooth foundation about 8 years ago (when I was 18). I thought this foundation was amazing because it was so easy to apply, was easy to put in my purse, and actually kind of matched my light skin tone. My face started getting really dry and I noticed this foundation would not stay on at all. It started to crease into all of my fine lines and wrinkles. During hot days it would all crease and lift from my face. It was easy just grabbing it out of my purse and touching things up but after so many years it got old. The coverage was so-so. I'd say it was a light to medium coverage. It would kind of cover my acne redness and under eye circles but you still could tell the blemishes were there. It also caked up really bad around my neck/jaw line where I would blend it down so it didn't look too bad. Certain days it was really orange on my jaw line a few hours after I had blended it. I'm actually surprised I used it for as long as I did. If you have dry, flaky skin I advise you to stay away from this. It makes the dry skin extremely obvious.

Covergirl CG smoothers compact foundation

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

I used to use this back when I had horrible acne. CG smoothers goes on very thick, in my opinion, and covers well if you have a lot of imperfections. The sponge applicator it comes with is very nice, applies the make-up very evenly on your face. This product is sort of a combination of liquid foundation and powder foundation. It's creamy, yet when you apply it it dries completely on your skin. I always put on powder after to set it but you really don't have to. I only gave this a seven because after a few hours of wear it starts to look cakey and settles in any fine lines you may have. Also I did not get any new acne from this product, definitely did not clog my pores or irritate my skin. Cover girl CG smoothers comes in a nice array of colors so you should have no problem at all with finding one to match your skin tone. The mirrored compact is really nice, you can apply this on the go or even use it to apply lipstick and other make-up.

It goes on okay but I wouldn't recommend for long nights.

from West Virginia

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

This compact has a nice design and I really enjoy the fact that it has everything you need to apply your makeup on the go. It's literally compact and travel size and can fit in a purse, clutch, or even your pocket. I think it's great that it has the foundation and applicator stored inside and the mirror is a nice touch because you never know when you need a touch up.

Now for the foundation--I went a shade lighter than I actually was at the time when I got this. I'm always ivory but I opted for the porcelain or their version of it because even though it was summer and I had a little glow to my skin, I always feel like the lighter shades offer less of an orange or yellow tint.

This one did give me a little bit of that unwanted tint though. It's not dry powder but a cream mixture which I think is what gives it the hint of color that I do not like. It isn't super blendable either. It isn't bad but it isn't great. It worked best for me with a primer and a powder over top to set it in place which is why I rate it so low. Using extra product to achieve my desired effect makes my day and routine longer which is not what I am after.

The coverage on this is medium but you can layer it up to full coverage. Be warned though with full coverage you can definitely tell you're covered in makeup. This is why I recommend a setting powder on top so that it doesn't look so wet. This seemed too much of a hassle really.

I kept it and used it as a spot treatment and undereye cream. It helps take the blue circles down a few tones under my eyes because it has a little bit of an orange/yellow tint to it that offsets the dark circles.

As far as a foundation, I don't recommend this one but it is excellent as a dark circle cream.

Love this compact foundation!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

This comes in a cute compact with a sponge. It is a cream foundation and is pretty thick. I apply it thinner by dabbing the sponge very lightly and using a very light hand on my face. It evens outs the redness on my face and makes my skin look all one color. It covers acne very well and does not get crusty around those areas. It makes my skin look moisturized. I would not call it dewy, but it is not matte. I use this in the spring and summer time because it has sun protection. What I find very annoying about it is that somehow lint and small hairs get into the foundation and sponge. Sometimes the hairs transfer to my face. I think because it is creamy, particles stick to it very easily, which can also be unhygienic. It does not last long on the oily areas of my face, so I have to reapply it constantly. It makes my pores look smoother. It makes my wrinkles look softer and not as deep looking. It is really cheap and affordable.

Great Compact Foundation!

from Ohio

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

I have used Cover Girl foundations and powders for many years now and I simply can't live without the CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation! It is their best foundation ever. It glides on super smooth and my skin looks instantly younger. The color of it blends pretty nice and flawless with my skin. I have purchased CG Smoothers Foundation in at least 2 different shades and both of them looked really nice. The compact foundation includes a sponge that is perfect for applying the foundation so you don't have to get it on your hands. I am seriously addicted to the way the foundation itself feels on my skin and it is with out a doubt one of the makeup products you can at your average supermarket or drug store. The foundation itself does not wear off fast and is much thicker than the CG clean makeup line which helps deliver much more dramatic effects. If you are looking for a nice foundation that is super easy and convenient to use, give CG Aquasmooth Compact Foundation a try! There are always coupons for it in the Sunday newspaper too.

Surprised that this was so amazing!

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

I read the reviews of this product before purchasing it because I didn't think it would work for my skin. I've tried many compact foundations in my life, but I've always been disappointed by the products. Because the reviews were so spectacular for the CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth foundation, I thought I should give it a try. And believe me, I'm SO glad that I did.

This foundation applies incredibly onto my skin. Without me having to buff too much, the foundation blends out onto my skin while covering every imperfect. I do have to wear a bit of concealer on very red blemished, but that's it!

Surprisingly this foundation lasts nearly 9 hours on me: an unprecedented amount of time for a compact foundation. For the insanely inexpensive price point, I can't believe how great this foundation is!

I have repurchased several times, and I will continue to do so! Buy this foundation!

Would be good if I could find my shade.

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

I like this foundation but It doesn't offer a shade light enough for my skin time which is always a big problem for me. I will focus on the things I do like so maybe someone can get some use out of this review. I like that is inexpensive especially since I can't use the rest of my compact full. I LOVE how creamy it is which is a shame since I can't use it. It is super smooth and really blendable. It makes my skin feel smooth and soft and clean. The blend ability it offers let's you choose the type of coverage you want. If you need very little coverage then you can use a very minimal amount and get the desired effect. My sister uses this and she loves it because she needs more coverage and she is able to cover her problem areas easily by using more product on her foundation sponge. I actually do know that it lasts for at least 12 hours without fading or rubbing off or settling into your lines and pores. When I first applied it it looked great in my bathroom lighting. It wasn't until I got in my car in the sunshine that I realized even the lightest shade is too orange for my skin.

A great cover up makeup product

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

I have had excellent results with this cover up and it don't make my skin break out. I like that no animals were tested on to make this product and I can always get it at any store I am shopping at. I have sensitive skin and need a product that is mild on my facial skin just like this one. I can always depend on this cover up to help improve the health and look of my skin and still be able to wash it away easily every evening before bed. I have found this brand of cover up to work really well with my light complexion and skin tones. I like that this product is packaged in a small convenient container so I can toss it in my purse and take it everywhere with me for when I need a little touch up. I have never broke out from this product and after I have applied it it stays on my skin and keeps it looking great for many hours after so I don't have to keep applying it to get long lasting results.

baby soft looking skin

Comments about CoverGirl CG Smoothers Aquasmooth Compact Foundation:

I love this product so much. It covers blemishes, makes me face look flawless, and I am ALWAYS getting compliments about how soft my face looks whenever I am wearing this product. I have been using this product for almost four years now and I will never go back to anything else.