2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

Countrywide Home Loan Company has been the best lender that I've

Great rates and person service all add up to a company that I will be glad to do business with again in the future. Weather your a first time buyer or a seasoned homeowner I think Countrywide Home Loan Company will be able to help you with your home loan needs. Countrywide Home Loan Company has been the best mortgage company I've ever worked with, and I have had eight home loans. I was afraid to apply for a new home loan due to some bad credit I had acquired after becoming disabled at 33 years old. I was shocked at how easily I was approved and I got a great rate. You will never know what you can get until you try and this company looks at you and wants to hear your story before they make a decision.

Countrywide is worst than a Category 5 hurricane.

I live in Florida and I ***had*** Countrywide as a mortgage company.  A few years ago, we had the eyes of two hurricane go right over my house within a two week period.  I thought that that was frightening, but my nightmare was only starting.

Because of the damage to my house, I contacted Countrywide to see if I could defer a payment on my mortgage to help me meet my deductible.  I was told that they do not defer payments on the mortgage but could do something else to help me.  I was told that they would put a hold on three months of payments to help out (I thought, "Wow, this company is the greatest"). Boy was I wrong.

I was told that once the three months were up they would give me an additional loan or increase my monthly payments to "catch up."  Please keep in mind that nothing before the hurricanes or after the three months changed with my financial situation.  After the three months I was told that I was misinformed and that they were sorry but I didn't qualify for an additional loan and/or additional payments on my mortgage.  **They were going to foreclose on my home!! **

After almost having a nervous breakdown and resorting to some very quick thinking. I decided that my only way out of this would be to pull out money from my 401K (my retirement money) to "catch up" and also so I could keep my home. I heard later that Countrywide had pulled this on alot of people, but some of them weren't so lucky and didn't have a 401K to fall back on.  Countrywide foreclosed on their homes.

**Countrywide is the** **worse company ever**!!!  I finally got away from them after refinancing three times since then (they kept buying my loan).  I am still paying for it because now my mortgage payment is almost twice as much because of the refinance charges.

They were going under and all I kept thinking was, what goes around, comes around.  But then I found out that they received backing from Bank of America and are back in business.   After how I was treated by them, I would never do business with them or with Bank of Atlantic for backing them. There were alot of people that I spoke to that felt the same way as I did about Countrywide.  The BBB and consumer affairs were also contacted because of them numerous times.   BE CAREFUL AND BEWARE!!

New Home Loan

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

Great product, supported by a dedicated team.

Customer Service
Everyone was very nice and friendly. Great communicators who made sure I was following and understanding the process.

Types/Options
WIth their help I was able to explore various types and options, that really opened my eyes. I felt completely sure that I was able to chose the correct product for me. Well done!

• Types/Options:

Great service - everything went like clockwork

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

Closing on a house can be a nightmare but this company stayed on top of that huge mound of papers and we were able to close without any major issues. They were outstanding and I can't say enough nice things about them.

Customer Service
We were in a different state and that usually complicate things but in this day and age of computers it was so easy. I was impressed that they would take time to walk us through the necessary computer program and they made it seem so easy. They made sure that the seller had all of the necessary work completed on the house and that it was all approved several days prior to closing. They called or emailed and let us know when each required paper was completed so we weren't sitting here wondering what was happening. They worked with us to lock in the rate that we had agreed to and we would give their customer service a top grade for their work.

Types/Options
They explained all of our options and they even made a phone call after their closing hours to let us know what was happening when we had a question on the financing. We were co/signing for a family member and this company not only kept the buyer informed but us as well. We would really recommend this company to first time buyers. They made the whole process painless.

• Types/Options:

We were very happy with Countrywide

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

We had a Countrywide mortgage for many years and were extremely happy with them. They had a very smooth application and approval process and our years with them were very uneventful. They had good customer service, and their online system was very to use. We made our payments through their website and always had a good result. We never had any issues with unexpected fees and they were easy to work with by phone for any issues that came up. Unfortunately, they were bought out by CitiMortgage and we had to use them instead of Countrywide. We were very disappointed to have Countrywide taken away as our regular mortgage holder because we really did feel a sense of comfort with them. We did adjust, but the new company just was not the same "feel". I would definitely recommend Countrywide, based on our experience in the past. Of course I have no idea what they are like now.

Competitive

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

We got our first mortgage through this company, and while it was many years ago that we went through the process, we still remember it well. There ended up being a lot of what we would call hidden fees. More than likely these fees are stated somewhere, but as first time home buyers, we didn't read all the fine print and had a hefty bill to pay at the end of the loan process that we weren't expecting. We also didn't like that the conditional loan commitment that we received had a lot of demands on it and it expired quite quickly, so we ended up having to renew it (more paperwork and more time) while we looked for a house.

Customer Service
They were relatively attentive to our questions and leading us through the loan process, but we received more direct and friendly help from our local mortgage lender than with the company as a whole. Without his help, we would have been lost, a doing a lot of things by phone would have been difficult. The extra attention our agent gave us made us feel more relaxed about the whole process.

Types/Options
While they had the exact type of loan we wanted and knew we'd be able to handle, they did offer a lot of different programs if we had wanted to explore them. It just became over whelming, so we just stuck with a basic 30-year fixed mortgage and went from there. But they had different year loans as well as many options for interest rates and points.

Countrywide Home Loans

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

I can't imagine anyone ever giving this company a good rating. Their business practices were horrible. They lost paperwork, never let you speak with the same person to get anything done, and practiced what I believed to me illegal lending practices. You could never get the same answer from anyone. I was never so glad as to get away from this company. My contract with them was reviewed by a real estate attorney and found to have several clauses that were NOT legal.

Customer Service
Getting through to them was difficult. Never could get a single answer to a question. Staff was rude. I would request a call back to get questions answered and wait for several days. Even hen there was no guarantee that your question or situation was going to be handled.

Types/Options
I was not surprised they were bought out, or that the former CEO was charged with crimes.

• Types/Options:

I thought they went out of business!

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

Lousy, would not recommend to worse enemy. Lies, failed to pay mortgage and was hit with foreclosure by "current" mortgage holder. And on top of it all, after 3 months of fighting to get my mortgage money back, they withheld over $1,500.00 in fees! They should be out of business.

HELPED ME WHEN NO ONE ELSE WOULD

from Oakdale, CA

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

COUNTRYWIDE HAS BEEN IN TROUBLE AND HAD TO BE SAVED BY  B OF A BUT I WILL FOREVER  'BE IN THEIR DEBT', SO TO SPEAK.  I HAD BEEN APPLYING TO MORTGAGE COMPANIES FOR 3 YEARS AND NO ONE WOULD TOUCH ME.  I'M ON A FIXED INCOME,  MY HOUSE IN GROSS NEED OF REPAIR AND STUCK IN AN A R M THAT HAD MY INTEREST RATE UP TO 11.5 AND RISING.  C/W BAILED ME OUT OF A BAD SITUATION.  THE AGENT REALLY WORKED W/ME TO GET THE BEST RATES.  I HAVE RECOMMENDED THEM TO A COUPLE OF PEOPLE IN NEED OF THEIR GOOD SERVICES.  THANK YOU COUNTRYWIDE.

Misleading Ads Don't Fall For It

from Sugarloaf, PA

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

As a renter, I know I'm throwing my money away every month. My credit is less than perfect. Countrywide runs ads in our local papers and billboards claiming that when others have turned you down, they will work with you even with less than perfect credit to get you into a home of your own. It's a load of crap. I broke down and called them one day and the woman was really nice until I mentioned that I am disabled and my only income is SSI. Her demeanor immediately changed and she said that they didn't work with people who have such low incomes and hung up on me! She could have been a lot nicer to me. She made me feel like dirt.

I was disappointed but not surprised. I thought from reading their ads that they really would work with someone in my situation. That's what their ads claimed. The way that she automatically dismissed me was so uncalled for and was so degrading. These mortgage companies give you a glimmer of hope and then snatch it away. It's disgusting.

• Types/Options:

Countrywide, making home ownership a nightmare before you start.

from Apache Junction, AZ

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

I am now on my 3rd different closing date with Countrywide, they have pushed it back and pushed it back. I have been in communication with them nearly daily, initiated by me, and they still can't get it together. I asked weeks ago if there was any other info they would need from me. I was assured they did not need any more info, then they started asking for more paperwork the day before I was supposed to close (the second time). They then asked for me to file an addendum to extend the close date 1 week "just in case", now 1 week later I have still not closed! For some reason your loan has to go through multiple people to process. My initial Mortgage officer has been helpful, but then it had to go to underwriters and processors who have been slow, rude, and mostly useless.

They really really really do suck people.... DON'T DO IT!!!

from White Lake, WI

Comments about Countrywide Home Loan Company:

This company lost payments, increased payments, took double payments from our personal account, put an unauthorized escrow on our account which included taxes, insurance and water and sewer. There was no need because we were never late on any of them. Then continuously applied payments to the escrow instead of to the balance due, put negatives on my credit report claiming that we were late after they applied it elswhere.  After I reported them to the BBB they responded to me by trying to charge me $40 for a payment over the phone. This is a company that is very slimy in how they deal with there customers because according to an Attorney I spoke to, it is legal,    Slimy but legal