Other Dog Foods:

Country Pet Naturals Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Great product that my Dogo Argentino thrives on.

Comments about Country Pet Naturals Dog Food:

I have two large breed dogs. My boy eats raw, but my girl will starve to death first, so I have her on Country Pet and she's doing great.

Another commenter, who obviously doesn't know the product well, said it is just meat, with no bones, organs or supplements - not true. It's very well balanced and in the end I find it about the same, maybe even a little less expensive than feeding raw, although I feed pastured, grass fed or wild caught only, so that would explain it.

Country Pet products are produced from ethically reared animals and that's very important to me, not only so my babies are getting nutrition instead of drugs, chemical and hormone infused garbage, but I don't want to have any animal suffer a horrid, caged life, only to become a meal.

I would give a 10 if they'd increase the meat selection to include turkey and rabbit.

Quality of Ingredients
There's not one thing in this product that won't benefit your dog or cat.

Flavor Selection
Could use a couple more at least.

I try to stay away from chicken and lamb, as they are warming proteins and can exasperate inflammation. One of my dogs is an amputee and the other, though only 2 years old, has early onset osteoarthritis from severe physical abuse trauma as a baby. I do give her the venison, even though it has lamb in it but I'd like to see rabbit, turkey and some sort of high omega's fish.

• Flavor Selection:

100% Meat Is a Good Thing!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Country Pet Naturals Dog Food:

I saw this Country Pet Naturals Dog Food in a store when I was visiting friends with my dog this summer. I'd never seen this particular brand before and decided to give it a try.

I really like that this is 100% meat. There are no fillers or by-products or anything funky in it. It's just meat which makes it much healthier than many brands on the market.

We tried the venison variety since we don't see very many products with that flavor at home. I opened the package and served a slice to my Chihuahua and a slice to my friend's Yorkie. They looked at it for a minute and then decided that they liked venison. They really liked venison! Each slice was gone in a matter of minutes and then they were sniffing the other's plate to see if they had any left! So clearly this was a hit!

I served up the remainder of the roll during our visit and they continued to consume it without delay.

If this brand is available in your area I'd definitely recommend it. It's a nice option to have and a good alternative to buying meat at the butcher's and preparing it.

• Flavor Selection:

Buy human grade raw meat and you'll save money

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Country Pet Naturals Dog Food:

This product is great for encouraging pet owners to use raw meats to feed their dogs (which I already do), but ounce for ounce you'll do better buying meat in bulk from your local supermarket and using human grade meats. Make sure your sourced meat is not enhanced because added sugars and salts and chemicals are no good for our pets. If you want to feed venison and other meats you can't source easily, then this product might work for you.

Quality of Ingredients
100% pure meat is a good thing. But keep in mind that added vitamins are important, and that your animal needs to have calcium in the form of raw bones in their diets. This product doesn't offer that. It would probably be a lot easier just to buy meat on bones and feed that to your dog. Our black lab enjoys a whole turkey leg several times a week a long with whole chicken legs. We supplement that with raw venison during hunting season.

Flavor Selection
They have lots of combinations that your pet will probably love!

Country Pet Naturals Is A Nutritious Real Meat Treat

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Country Pet Naturals Dog Food:

***I have never seen this product in any pet food store, or grocery store, or Wal Mart; however, it is worthy of wider distribution. ***

***The product packaging is: Country Pet Naturals Real Meat (100%  Pure Venison- All Natural) It has no grains, no fillers and nothing artificial.  The only ingredient is the meat of your choice, ie venison lung, beef, duck, salmon, chicken, lamb, etc. It's a healthy product my dogs relish!! I truly enjoy watching them enjoy this treat. ***

***Also, there is less waste. Crude Protein is 68%, Crude Fat 6%, Crude fiber is 1%, and moisture 6%. However, such a treat does not come cheap; but, all dogs deserve such a treat!!!!***