3.7
US042AIL
Cosco Umbrella Stroller

Cosco Umbrella Stroller

3.7

Pros

• Durable (9)
  • Easy to set up (6)
  • Lightweight (6)
  • Easily stowed (5)
  • Comfortable (4)

• Short trips (5)
  • Toddler (5)
  • Extended trips (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (5)

Great for the minimalist parent!

We received a Cosco Umbrella Stroller (with no canopy) as a baby shower gift for our firstborn son after reviewing every sort of stroller and travel system out there. I don't like complicated things, and it seemed the more strollers we saw, the more the features and bells and whistles there were to deal with and the higher the price. When it came down to it, I asked my husband what we needed a stroller for anyway and if it was only to roll a baby around in while shopping or walking the block, why would we need anything beyond a simple umbrella stroller? With no argument from him, that is what we asked for, and that is what we got, and we are totally satisfied.

This stroller has little to no features, is very plain, and is simple in both construction and function. The only cool thing it does is fold up to nearly nothing (secured by a small flip-over grip-hook), making it easy to carry and store when not in use. The wheels have brakes so your stroller doesn't roll out from under your baby while you try to get him all situated, or so you can park on a hill, I guess, and they work like a charm. We used our stroller from month two onward, even with a slumpy baby who hadn't learned how to sit up all the way yet--there is just enough of a recline to the seat to prevent any dangerous breathing problems.

Our only dislike so far has been the difficult-to-adjust security straps which hold baby in place. The straps haveto double over themselves, which keeps baby from loosening them and escaping or slipping out, and is understandable in the design, but for a parent in a parking lot trying to adjust to a baby that no longer fits in the current strp sizing, it is a tad frustrating to deal with.

Other than that, we love this thing to death. It's perfect to jam in your car trunk for quick trips to the mall or park, and if you like no-fuss baby stuff, you will greatly enjoy the simplicity and practicality of this stroller.

Not Worth It

I bought this stroller to have a small light weight stroller for quick trips and small spaces that my travel system stroller would be better off staying away from. I only used it a couple times before the fabric began to tear where connected to the frame of the stroller. Now my daughter isn't even two years old yet and as far as her size and weight she falls in the bottom fifth percentile, just a tiny little thing. I decided to email the manufacturer and they responded by asking for the date of sale and the model number so they could take care of things for me. I replied with the information they requested within a few days but never heard anything back from them again, even after multiple attempts to contact them again. The frame of the stroller is of a weak, hollow metal so you must be careful when folding and unfolding the stroller. The foot rest piece seems to be a durable plastic, unfortunately it seems to be the only piece that may hold up over time. The steering is good on it and the wheels respond well and is easy to push. The brakes to keep the stroller stationary are okay. The umbrella cover is not very wide and can not be moved forward any to adjust for the angle of the sun making it pretty useless. The seat belt provided is a very low lap belt so the child is able to practically hang completely out if leaning forward, not much good as far as safety. Overall, I would not recommend or buy again.

Very handy stroller on the go

from Nashville TN

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Durable
  • Easily Stowed
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Lightweight

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

We use this stroller when we are on the go. Everything from short errands to long walks around the mall. It's so compact and easy to carry around. The wheels are easy to push, which is great because the older sibling loves to be mommies little helper. The locks are great too! I feel comfortable and trust this brand with my baby. Which is definitely important to me when it comes to my children.

Best stroller I've purchased

from Georgia

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Durable
    • Easily Stowed
    • Easy To Set Up
    • Easy To Steer
    • Lightweight

• Air travel

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

I keep this stroller in my car at all times. Its compact, easy to open and close yet very comfortable for my daughter. This is by far the best stroller I have purchased.

Affordable and dependable

from Columbus, IN

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easily Stowed
      • Easy To Set Up
      • Easy To Steer
      • Lightweight

• Infants

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

We purchased the Cosco Umbrella Stroller for our family fair adventure! It was very affordable! Cosco is a great dependable brand! We LOVE their highchair also! The stroller is lightweight and easily wheeled. The kids were able to push their baby brother around! It has brakes and a safety belt and sunshade! If you don't use a stroller a ton and are looking for something affordable, I would buy this again and again. The only con about it is if you are a taller person it is a bit tiny to stroll. But hopefully they design them to keep taller parents in mind!

Easy to use

from Michigan city Indiana

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Durable
        • Easily Stowed
        • Easy To Set Up
        • Easy To Steer
        • Lightweight

• Air travel

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

Its easy to use lightweight my toddler like it it fit well

Lightwieght

from Los Angeles, California

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Durable
          • Easy To Set Up
          • Lightweight
          • Sturdy

Cons

• Not Adjustable

• Infants

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

I use this stroller when I travel using public transportation like the metro bus its not as bulky as the travelsystem strollers and its so easy to fold and carry on. What I don't like about it is that its not able to adjust or recline especially when the child falls asleep, they are slouched forward and look uncomfortable.

i would buy this item again it's very good

from new york usa

very good product

Super convenient stroller

from Bellevue, NE

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Durable
          • Easily Stowed
          • Easy To Set Up
          • Easy To Steer
          • Lightweight

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

This stroller packs away easy and is very light weight. It was awesome for going on walks or running errands.

A must have in the trunk!

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

If you have children, of any age, you know that eventually their little legs are going to get tired of walking, and/or your arms will get tired from carrying them. This Umbrella stroller is fantastic to keep in the trunk of your car for those unexpected shopping or visiting trips. Not only does it fold up to a neat little package, but it is light weight so it can be opened quickly. The added sunshade is a great feature since it will protect little faces from the harsh glare of the sun.

Cosco's strollers are also fantastic because they come in a wide range of colors and patterns. I have bought a lot of umbrella strollers, but this has been the most durable one I have owned. The wheels withstood two kids and constant banging around the pavement.

My kids are outgrowing their stroller, but they still use it to give their pet cat a ride around the house. When my best friend had her first child last month, I made sure she knew that Cosco Umbrella stroller was worth the extra money over the cheapy umbrella strollers you can buy anywhere.

• Maneuverability:

Good lightweight stroller for older babies/toddlers.

from Florida

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

When I nannied in Oregon I bought one of these because we made frequent trips to the mall, the zoo and other places where toddler's get tired quickly and it made a huge difference. It's not a very fancy stroller, and it is not made for little babies, but for older babies and toddlers it does great!

The stroller unfolds and re folds very easily. It is lightweight. Easy to maneuver one handed, but still very sturdy and durable to h old up to preschoolers. It is easy to clean, and you can buy cup holder attachments for your little ones sippy cup or bottle. The wheels move easily, and the added sunshade is good for when baby falls asleep.

Cosco is great at making good durable reliable products at a reasonable price, and I have bought two of these sense the first one. One I donated to a daycare and one I gave my friend when her baby became a toddler. I still have mine, and use it, and I purchased it over five years ago. That says something about durability.

I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a lightweight stroller for a bigger baby or toddler. This would be great for Disneyland, the zoo or someone who travels via airplanes a lot.

Not worth the money

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

When I invest in baby gear, I want to spend my money on products that will last. I have a couple of really nice Graco strollers, but I also wanted a simple umbrella stroller for those times that the larger strollers are not convenient. I purchased the Cosco Umbrella Stroller right before I took my son to the state agricultural fair. I wanted a stroller that could easily maneuver through heavy crowds and that would handle well when used on unpaved paths and somewhat rough terrain. The Cosco Umbrella Stroller did well for the first hour or so but then I took it down a muddy path and my opinion changed with regard to this stroller. The wheels got coated with a layer of mud which made it virtually impossible to steer and push the stroller. I spent a significant amount of time cleaning the mud off of the tires. Even after I cleaned the tires, the stroller still did not push easily or steer correctly. Overall, I do not recommend the Cosco Umbrella Stroller. It is not sturdy or durable and is certainly not a wise investment as far as strollers go.

Child Comfort
            The seat fabric is thin and not soft.