3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

Great for the minimalist parent!

We received a Cosco Umbrella Stroller (with no canopy) as a baby shower gift for our firstborn son after reviewing every sort of stroller and travel system out there. I don't like complicated things, and it seemed the more strollers we saw, the more the features and bells and whistles there were to deal with and the higher the price. When it came down to it, I asked my husband what we needed a stroller for anyway and if it was only to roll a baby around in while shopping or walking the block, why would we need anything beyond a simple umbrella stroller? With no argument from him, that is what we asked for, and that is what we got, and we are totally satisfied.

This stroller has little to no features, is very plain, and is simple in both construction and function. The only cool thing it does is fold up to nearly nothing (secured by a small flip-over grip-hook), making it easy to carry and store when not in use. The wheels have brakes so your stroller doesn't roll out from under your baby while you try to get him all situated, or so you can park on a hill, I guess, and they work like a charm. We used our stroller from month two onward, even with a slumpy baby who hadn't learned how to sit up all the way yet--there is just enough of a recline to the seat to prevent any dangerous breathing problems.

Our only dislike so far has been the difficult-to-adjust security straps which hold baby in place. The straps haveto double over themselves, which keeps baby from loosening them and escaping or slipping out, and is understandable in the design, but for a parent in a parking lot trying to adjust to a baby that no longer fits in the current strp sizing, it is a tad frustrating to deal with.

Other than that, we love this thing to death. It's perfect to jam in your car trunk for quick trips to the mall or park, and if you like no-fuss baby stuff, you will greatly enjoy the simplicity and practicality of this stroller.

Not Worth It

I bought this stroller to have a small light weight stroller for quick trips and small spaces that my travel system stroller would be better off staying away from. I only used it a couple times before the fabric began to tear where connected to the frame of the stroller. Now my daughter isn't even two years old yet and as far as her size and weight she falls in the bottom fifth percentile, just a tiny little thing. I decided to email the manufacturer and they responded by asking for the date of sale and the model number so they could take care of things for me. I replied with the information they requested within a few days but never heard anything back from them again, even after multiple attempts to contact them again. The frame of the stroller is of a weak, hollow metal so you must be careful when folding and unfolding the stroller. The foot rest piece seems to be a durable plastic, unfortunately it seems to be the only piece that may hold up over time. The steering is good on it and the wheels respond well and is easy to push. The brakes to keep the stroller stationary are okay. The umbrella cover is not very wide and can not be moved forward any to adjust for the angle of the sun making it pretty useless. The seat belt provided is a very low lap belt so the child is able to practically hang completely out if leaning forward, not much good as far as safety. Overall, I would not recommend or buy again.

A must have in the trunk!

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

If you have children, of any age, you know that eventually their little legs are going to get tired of walking, and/or your arms will get tired from carrying them. This Umbrella stroller is fantastic to keep in the trunk of your car for those unexpected shopping or visiting trips. Not only does it fold up to a neat little package, but it is light weight so it can be opened quickly. The added sunshade is a great feature since it will protect little faces from the harsh glare of the sun.

Cosco's strollers are also fantastic because they come in a wide range of colors and patterns. I have bought a lot of umbrella strollers, but this has been the most durable one I have owned. The wheels withstood two kids and constant banging around the pavement.

My kids are outgrowing their stroller, but they still use it to give their pet cat a ride around the house. When my best friend had her first child last month, I made sure she knew that Cosco Umbrella stroller was worth the extra money over the cheapy umbrella strollers you can buy anywhere.

• Maneuverability:

Good lightweight stroller for older babies/toddlers.

from Florida

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

When I nannied in Oregon I bought one of these because we made frequent trips to the mall, the zoo and other places where toddler's get tired quickly and it made a huge difference. It's not a very fancy stroller, and it is not made for little babies, but for older babies and toddlers it does great!

The stroller unfolds and re folds very easily. It is lightweight. Easy to maneuver one handed, but still very sturdy and durable to h old up to preschoolers. It is easy to clean, and you can buy cup holder attachments for your little ones sippy cup or bottle. The wheels move easily, and the added sunshade is good for when baby falls asleep.

Cosco is great at making good durable reliable products at a reasonable price, and I have bought two of these sense the first one. One I donated to a daycare and one I gave my friend when her baby became a toddler. I still have mine, and use it, and I purchased it over five years ago. That says something about durability.

I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a lightweight stroller for a bigger baby or toddler. This would be great for Disneyland, the zoo or someone who travels via airplanes a lot.

Not worth the money

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

When I invest in baby gear, I want to spend my money on products that will last. I have a couple of really nice Graco strollers, but I also wanted a simple umbrella stroller for those times that the larger strollers are not convenient. I purchased the Cosco Umbrella Stroller right before I took my son to the state agricultural fair. I wanted a stroller that could easily maneuver through heavy crowds and that would handle well when used on unpaved paths and somewhat rough terrain. The Cosco Umbrella Stroller did well for the first hour or so but then I took it down a muddy path and my opinion changed with regard to this stroller. The wheels got coated with a layer of mud which made it virtually impossible to steer and push the stroller. I spent a significant amount of time cleaning the mud off of the tires. Even after I cleaned the tires, the stroller still did not push easily or steer correctly. Overall, I do not recommend the Cosco Umbrella Stroller. It is not sturdy or durable and is certainly not a wise investment as far as strollers go.

Child Comfort
The seat fabric is thin and not soft.

Very good

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

I really like the how light this stroller is and how easy it is to carry places especially when my toddler decides he wants to walk. It is very compact and very easy to set up and is at the perfect height for me when I am pushing it. This stroller does go through just about every terrain with ease because of how light it is and the size of the wheels makes it easy to maneuver. My main problem with it is that I constantly feel like my son was going to fall out.

It does look very nice and the design makes it very easy to fold and carry places.

Safety
This is the one area of concern for me the way that my son sits in the stroller it feels like if it was not for the harness strap holding him in place he could fall out at any moment.

Child Comfort
My son is always squirming and this stroller has become one that we only use in must use circumstances because if he is in it to long he seems to get cranky.

Maneuverability
I can push this stroller through anything with out any problems at all and the size of the wheels makes going around corners a dream.

about six weeks after we bought the stroller we started noticing tears in the seat fabric. It could be maybe because my son is not the right fit for this stroller but even still it was dis heartening.

Cosco Umbrella Stroller is good for younger toddlers

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

I have tried many strollers since motherhood. We purchased the Cosco Umbrella Stroller as a simple, trunk space friendly option for short outings or spur of the moment adventures. At first, I was completely thrilled with this stroller and its simple and effective performance. It is lightweight, easy to fold and cost effective. However, after some time I did become less happy with its capabilities. To begin with, the seat isn't the most comfortable. I did look pass that though because for short outings, it did the trick just fine. The biggest problem I had with this Cosco Umbrella Stroller is that once the toddler reaches a certain length, it's too easy for their feet to drag near the wheels. It started causing more problems than it was worth. I would however recommend this to anyone with a younger toddler. But if your child is tall for their age or a little older, keep looking.

Adequate stroller

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

This stroller does the job, but does not have much durability. I brought it for a pretty cheap price, and it was simple to use. But my child outgrew it pretty quickly. The seat would always sag under her growing weight. The umbrella part of the stroller did not really cover her face. The two handles did allow me to push her around, but not in a very comfortable manner. There was also barely any storage space to keep bottles or toys. The stroller also is not that sturdy. Since there was not any storage space, and I could not carry around my bag and push her at the same time for so long, I tried keeping my purse on the handles. Whenever I tried to do that, the stroller would tilt under its heavy weight. I was not even sure how it carried my child. The life of the stroller ended when my child was carrying a sharp object and decided to play with it against the seat. The seat easily tore and is no longer usable. It was an adequate starting stroller, but I ended up buying a new one.

• Maneuverability:

Step away from the stroller!

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

Basically the only thing we liked about this stroller was the fact that it was cheap, which should have been our first sign not to buy it! We had received a travel system at our baby shower but knew with traveling that we would eventually need a lightweight/umbrella stroller so that we weren't toting around our big stroller. We found this stroller in a pattern that we liked and decided to purchase it. My husband, who is 6'2 and myself who is maybe 5'5 both had to basically bend over to push this stroller, he much worse than I did. Then when we were walking behind it we would kick the pole that is on the backside. Whenever we used this it always led to frustration within the first few minutes and doubts to why we ever purchased this stroller. Whenever we were with my parents they would always push it because they are 5'3 and 4'9 so maybe if you are shorter it would be ok. With baby #2 coming we knew we needed a better umbrella stroller since we would have more things to tote around and we quickly handed this one off as a spare at my parents house and bought ourselves a nice one. The other thing that was frustrating about this was the canopy part of it, it was so small it barely ever kept the sun off of our little one. I would not recommend this to anyone and we didn't even want to consign it! It turns horrible, is annoying to push and our son (who is on the taller side) quickly outgrew it!

Great Stroller to Keep in the Car

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

I bought this stroller basically to use for older babies and toddlers. It is not really designed for babies younger than six months old who can't really sit up on their own yet. Whenever I have tried to put younger babies in it, they always slump over or fall to the side. The stroller does have a buckle, but it is fairly simple- not a five point-harness- that just buckles between the legs to keep the baby restrained.

I have loved keeping this stroller in the car so if we go on picnics, or to the park, or even to the grocery store for a few items, I can put the baby or toddler in the stroller and just bring them along for the ride. I also took this stroller to Disneyland a few years back. It was perfect because it was easy to set up and take down. You can also put the canopy on or take it off depending on what you need it for.

The only downfall with this simple stroller is how it can tip over so easily. If you put coats or your purse on the handles for storage, the second you take the baby out of the stroller the stroller tips backwards. It would be nice if they came with some kind of counterweights or something on the front wheels so it could stand upright even if the baby is removed.

I hate this stroller!

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

I bought this stroller for my son when he was about 9-10 months old because I needed something lightweight and portable to keep in my car for quick occasions. Although it is lightweight and portable that is about all I like about it. My first complaint is the design. On the model I have you can't adjust the handles so it is extremely uncomfortable to push I always feel like I have to hunch over a bit. The stroller itself is hard to push in that way and in that it doesn't go over even the slightest bump well, its always a struggle. The third thing that makes me not like this stroller is that it isn't that easy to adjust the buckles. I wish I would have bought a better stroller, I regret this purchase!

It's uncomfortable to push. I hate that. It doesn't go over little bumps (or big ones) well at all. I always struggle going in and out of stores.

Child Comfort
The seat doesn't even look comfortable. It only adjusts into two different positions.

Maneuverability
The wheels get stuck and it's just plan frustrating unless you are on a totally flat surface.

Cheap product

Comments about Cosco Umbrella Stroller:

There are plenty of better strollers out there on the market. If you are looking for a stroller that is going to work properly for a long time, this is not the stroller for you.

The stroller folds up nice and compact and can fit in a small car trunk easily. The only thing I don't like about the stroller design is the shade. It needs to be bigger. Half the time the shade is in use, the sun is still in my kids eyes.

Safety
It has a seatbelt which makes it safe I guess. My kids have never gotten out of this stroller, but they aren't escape artists.

Child Comfort
When my kids fall asleep in this stroller their heads usually slump forward because the seat is pretty straight forward. Usually leads to grumpy kids when I wake them up because they didn't nap well.

Maneuverability
The wheels on this stroller let you go NO WHERE! It was hard to maneuver it after only a month or so of use, even though I only used on normal indoor surfaces (like at the mall, or grocery stores).

Not very durable at all, wheels start messing up after the first month of use.