Other Car Seats:
22209HBS
Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat

• Support and Safety:

Comortable and Affordable, grows with my child

I purchased this booster seat when it seemed my daughter had outgrown her convertible seat and was still too small for a regular booster. It was affordable and had many features that I desired. I had checked with the local police to find what she was legal to be seated in and found she was in the "in between stage on height and weight". This sent me shopping on the web. I didn't know they actually made several models of a high back booster with the removable five point restraint system. I didn't feel comfortable just using the seat-belt and this model offered the exact weight and height requirements by law. My daughter loves it and is comfortable, higher up in the seat and she has the big girl armrests and cup holder. The five point restraint is fairly easy to use, although the smaller buckles or half buckles on each side make it a little difficult for big hands to use and at times the seat belt within them will get twisted. It has an adjustable back height that is nicely cushioned and if she takes a nap, it is easy to recline into three different positions for her comfort. This is an easy control or button right on the front of the seat. The seat-belt guides used when she outgrows the five point restraint are adjustable to ensure the seat-belt falls on her shoulder and not her neck. She is four now and is suitable to use this feature, however she has decided she likes her buckles in the front, and I was advised that is fine for her to continue to use and keeps children safer. The only negative I can say about this seat is if it remains in the same car great, but if you have to change it into different vehicles it is hard to guide the seat-belt through the back. I love how the tethers clip, stay snug and are easy to tighten.

Simple, inexpensive, no frills.

My husband and I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a car seat (how expensive can these things get?!) after our daughter grew out of her Graco SnugRide, so we opted for a Cosco. I don't doubt that she's safe in it. Once it's installed, it's secure, and all of the parts work like they should without digging at her chest or legs.  That's the good news, and really it's the most important thing.

BUT

The seat is not terrible cushy, so I worry about her comfort on long car trips.  She hasn't totally rebelled, so I may be underestimating the comfort of a baby who has enough cushioning on her body to not notice.

The seat is difficult to get perfectly secure as a rear-facing seat. Tightening the strap when it's rear-facing requires you to reach between the plastic of the seat and the cloth cover, and pull sideways rather than straight up, which is almost impossible when you're supposed to be pushing down and wiggling it side to side.  Also, to get the angle right, I had to use a rolled-up towel and a lot of patience.  It was much easier to install as a forward-facing seat.

All in all, it's a good value, but don't expect any frills.

I would buy this product again.

from Bakersfield California

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easy to Adjust
  • Easy to Clean
  • Easy to install
  • Lightweight
  • Safe
  • Sturdy
  • Stylish

• Toddlers

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

I purchased this car seat for my granddaughter. Her safety was the primary reason I decided on this particular product. Not only was it easy to install but easy to adjust as well. She fits into the seat comfortably and really enjoys sitting in it.

Great value for the money!

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

Pretty simple and effective booster for my over-sized two year old. It still has the 5 point harness I was looking for, without the bulk of a more expensive brand. Easy to attach and unattach and pretty narrow to fit in the smallest of back seats.

Ease of Installation
    With the latch system, moving it from car to car is a snap.

Child's Comfort
    My two year old loves this car seat. It also him to sit up more to see out the window, unlike his other car seat.

Support and Safety
    Everything buckles securely and tightens correctly to keep my child safe.

The design is narrow and great for tight spaces, especially when you are trying to fit three car seats in the back of a compact car.

The part look like they will last until my two year old grows out of it. I've had infant versions of the is brand and they lasted for a good long time. The people I handed don my old car seat to says those ones are still going strong, so I would assume the same for this model.

What a pain!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

I got this carseat because it's made in USA, or at least part of it. Also, it was one of the cheaper in price. What a pain to install! I had my husband do it. It uses little hooks that need to hook on to the bar back behind the seat. So, if you do get this one, get another if you have 2 vehicles. Also, the latch is a pain and it's difficult to tighten the straps. Compared to the infant carseat I had, this was just a pain.

Excellent and safe

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

Overall, this seat has done the job for us. My daughter was still in her infant seat, but completely miserable because she couldn't see anything and made she we were aware of her discomfort.

We picked up this car seat for several reasons.
          1. My daughter was only 11 months old (tall for her age and very strong) so we were looking for a car seat that would fit her age and weight. She was borderline weight-wise, but she hasn't had any problems for the two-three months she has now been in the seat and much, much happier. We have a booster seat, so we only need something to get her from her infant seat to about 50 lbs when she can use the booster seat. This one seems to be working great so far.
          2. The other aspect we were taking in to consideration is the price. Compared to others that seemed comparable in quality and features, this one was by far much better price-wise.

Installation was pretty simple--I think most car seats these days have been designed to install and this was fits the mold. Once home, I had it installed within minutes.

There are only a couple knocks on this that I think would have made this a little nicer (which is why I gave four-stars instead of five.
          1. No arms on this--would have been a little nicer to had, but wasn't a deal killer for us.
          2. The side cup that installs on the side gets knocked off very easily which almost makes it worthless to have. Next models should look at making this stay in a little better. It is nice to be able to move, but it just comes off a little too easy. My daughter likes her bottle, so this is kind of important to us.

Overall--I would recommend this product if your looking for something in what you get for the cost--a great deal.

• Support and Safety:

Best carseat we have invested in.

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

My daughter is not the average size for her age. When we were deciding on what car seat to buy it was not easy at all. We would see how her head was going to be if she was to fall asleep. How it was going to be installing it. Lots of questions came up. It so happened to be the last store we looked in and last one in stock when we purchased it. Our daughter fit perfectly and she liked how there was her own cup holder. She would not get off of it till we actually bought it. The seatbelt straps were very comfortable, and she was not complaining. The head support was perfect even when she would have her hair done it wouldn't bother her. It's conveniently portable with the bag it comes for traveling. Fits in almost every car we have drove in. Honestly it has been the best find when it comes to safety because the seat does not move even a centimeter when driving or turning. Overall the ones we have seen this was the best one.

Ease of Installation
          Not so many challenging holes to figure out.

Very portable, easy bag to use.

Good car seat

from Webster, MA

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

I have both my children in this type of car seat. It is easy for them to get in and out of the seat. They are not able to unbuckle themselves (very important) when using the car seat buckles. It was not expensive and I know it will last them until they are sitting in a regular seat. We have had Cosco car seats in the past and they were also durable and long lasting. I would definitely recommend it.

Very easy to install

Good budget-friendly seat

from Houma, LA

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

Overall this is a good booster car seat for toddlers. It's very comfortable to other similar models I'm familiar with.

Ease of Installation
          Like any booster car seat, it fits nicely on the seat, but can be a bit difficult to run the seat belt straps through especially in taller vehicles. I've scraped my knuckles more than a few times.

Child's Comfort
          Good design for toddlers.

Support and Safety
          The safety harness fits well. Be sure to tighten the seat belt when installing to avoid this tiling over in the vehicle.

Very user-friendly

Pretty straight-forward design unlike some seats with more difficult harnesses. One of the downsides is the difficulty of removing the cover to clean it.

Very durable through all the spills and everyday wear of an active toddler.

• Support and Safety:

I own two and would buy again.

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

I own two seats, both different designs as they sell different ones in different stores and also change up the design every couple of years. My oldest has been in hers for three years now and it's still going strong. She's old enough now to voice an opinion and she has never had any complaints. My youngest was happy to have a seat just like her older sister =)

Child's Comfort
          It isn't the most padded seat, if that's what you're looking for, but I really think adults are more concerned with having padding much more than children are.

Support and Safety
          As long as the seat is securely put in, it doesn't budge.

a good seat

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

I think the cosco booster is a good highback boosterseat. We have had it for a few years now and it still looks almost like new. It is lightweight and easy to move from car to car as we have to do a lot of carpooling/ shuffling kids around. My daughter likes that it has a built in cup holder. She says it is comfortable even on long car rides. I have washed the carseat material once. It washed well, but just like all of my carseat it was slightly tricky to get it off and back on correctly. This seat doesn't have tons of bells and whistles. It was inexpensive compared to to other seats and I think it has been worth it. It is not fancy, but we have been happy with our purchase. I also think that it is in good shape that her brother will be able to use it next year.

Great toddler car seat for the price

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat:

We got this car seat since it wasn't overly expensive and it was from a trusted brand. My daughter has been in it over a month now. It seems very secure, the straps are reliable and have adjusted heights to fit her perfectly. She has no problem falling asleep in the car seat, which is nice when we have a ways to go. Cosco seems to be a very great brand and puts safety first. I feel confident having my child be in their car seat. They make high quality products that are affordable. The straps do remove, so if there are any spills, they can be thrown in the wash. The fabric covering is tight and does not move around at all. It seems pretty easy to keep clean and she seems very comfortable in the car seat; it seems to support her back and prop her legs up just a touch. I would recommend Cosco to anyone looking for quality on a budget.