3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

If you're tight on space and money, it is an ok highchair

We got this highchair in anticipation that we may not find a house to move into from our tiny apartment and the kitchen was the size of a small nook. Luckily we did, but it was easy to store and move. Upon using it, however, the seat is permanately reclined which made it hard for my son to sit in. He would grab the tray and grunt to pull himself up but of course couldn't stay like that forever. The seat says machine washable but I have yet to figure out how to get it off the frame so it is wiped down. The tray is hard to clean on the underside. I do put it in my dishwasher so it isn't hard for me, but someone without one it would be impossible. I also haven't figured out how to fold it. My husband has so I'm sure its just me but drives me nuts. Great for travel, but I think I'll get rid of it since my son likes his Summer booster seat better and we have a small portable highchair.

Sturdiness
Seems to be sturdy enough, as it is just metal with a thin fabric seat. Also stays on the ground when my son tries to move and jump in his seat on his butt.

Seems it will last a long time, but won't be used much for our family.

A little flawed. First if the fabric is machine washable, it would do justice that it can be removed from the frame to be washed and not bolted on. The seat is too far reclined and needs to be more in an upright position. If that was adjustable then it wouldn't be a problem but it is not very good for a baby learning to sit up or an advanced sitter. The footrest is useless unless a toddler is in it but we aren't using it for that long. The tray clipping in is great until you get sticky food in the levers. I also don't like how it goes on cause my son tries to put his fingers where the track is and that can cause a pinching accident. Wish the lever was in the front of the tray, instead of on the back. I do like the long bumper between the legs, so even a small baby won't slide out through the bottom. I also like the folding option for storage and travel.

Safety
Seems to keep baby safe and secure while eating. The tray is hard to get on and off, and seems so difficult for me I can't hold my sons hands away from the track and put it on at the same time as both levers at each side need to be pushed just to get it on.

Even though I have a dishwasher I can clean the tray with, someone without one would find this difficult especially when sticky food gets in the levers to get the tray on and off that only a dishwasher can get at. The frame is easy to clean but the seat is supposedly machine washable yet there's no way to get it off the frame. Would be great if it did. Around the seat when the tray is off is hard to clean as well. An all around hassle for a highchair.

Cosco Flat Fold High Chair went flat with us

When my daughter was ready for solids, I started looking at high chairs. It had been 9 years since my last child, and I could not believe how far high chairs have come. The only problem was the price has come far, also.

Our first thought when we saw the Cosco High Chair at Wal-Mart was that we would just be temporary until we could buy a better one. We still haven't got around to it.

There are a few things that are positives, such as the small profile and the ability to fold. We don't have a very big house, and it doesn't take up quite as much floor space as one of the higher end models. We haven't used the fold up option as it always seems like it is in use. I think if you used this at a grandparents house, it would be a great attribute.

One of the things we don't like about this high chair is the cover. There is no way to remove the cover for cleaning. We have scrubbed and scrubbed, but it still is pretty nasty.

Probably the most major defect would be the bar across the top when you take the tray off. Each member of our family has pinched our baby's fingers while we put the tray on. It is a really, really, bad flaw. If you got in too big of a hurry and jammed it on...I could see a finger being lost. It's that bad. Let me tell you, it only takes once before you get hyper-vigilant about telling your baby 'hands up' when you put the tray on.

Although this is a cheap high chair that works in a jam, you need to be aware of the safety danger before you purchase. I'm sure it will be on the recall list, eventually.

Not too fond

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

I am a bit so so as to how I feel about this Cosco high chair. While I do think it gets the job done like it's supposed to I have quite a few dislikes about this high chair. Firstly, I am not sure whether or not there is a way to take the cloth cover off to wash it since I was given the high chair by a family member without the instruction booklet but if there is a way I have yet to figure it out. It would be a great help if there was a way to remove the cloth part as it becomes very filthy especially when dealing with a sloppy eater for a baby and a simple wipe down with soap and water just doesn't do. Also, I find that the way the chair is designed as far as the piece that sits between baby's legs could be better. I notice that whenever I remove my daughter from this high chair her food gets caught in the space between the seat and the piece that separates her legs from one another

If you're tight on space and money, it is an ok highchair

from Woodburn, IN

Sturdiness

Seems it will last a long time, but won't be used much for our family.

• Safety:

Cute, But A Pain In The Butt!

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

I was so excited to get this from a friend who loved it, but her baby outgrew it. It was cute, convenient to use and store, and easy to use. My biggest problem was trying to figure out how to fold it up. It was a pain. Finally, I figured it out, and saved my sanity. It was the best high chair I ever used.

Sturdiness
Sturdy, held up very well with our babies.

Very durable, stood up to multiple babies, no problems for either of us.

Good design, folds up to store easily, foot rest comes off for easier storage, but there was one drawback. I received it used from a friend. I never got instructions on how to use the high chair, so after about an hour of nearly pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to fold it up, I finally resorted to going online to figure out how to fold it up.

Safety
Never had any problems with injuries or other safety issues.

It was fairly easy for me to clean this high chair. Took a few minutes, but not too bad.

High chair

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

Honestly this high chair is just like any other! it does not do anything special. It is what i wanted however. I did not need anything too much over the top and it is just a simple way to feed a baby. It is definitely a chair that my son will be able to use for a while and that i can also re use for my baby on the way! i would recommend this chair to someone else. It was also very affordable

Sturdiness
this high chair is very sturdy. I have not had any complaints whatsoever on it not being sturdy, It stays in one place while he is eating unless i move it myself. If my son was strong enough, i doubt he could still move it while being in the high chair

The design is mostly simple. I do not care for him throwing tantrums in it and kicking the foot stand at the bottom over and over. It can get very annoying

Safety
Although it may not be anything extravagant, i must say it keeps my son safe, well as long as he is fastened in because he is at that climbing age to where if he is not strapped in and properly, he will try to climb or jump out.

Its very easy to clean . Just wiping it down with some safe cleaning products for babies or toddlers of your choice with a wet rag and its clean. Never had a problem with keeping it clean at all

Sometimes less is more.

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

I love this chair even though its not the most expensive as others on the market. In fact quite the opposite is true because less is more. We had a big bulky chair that we found a yard sale and then traded it in for this smaller model. I'm so happy we did because I like the smaller chair better.

Sturdiness
I am giving this a full on ten because the construction is well fleshed out and the parts fit together securely.

From what I can tell this chair is pretty durable. We have taken it with us when we visit friends and family so the baby would have a place to sit and eat with us. No damage has happened while travelling with this chair.

The design is nice and compact and fits easily into small spaces. It is also very light weight and can be moved easily. It would be nice if it had wheels on it though.

Safety
I have always felt confident that my daughter is safe and secure while in this seat. She is only 13 months old so she hasn't yet figured out how to unsnap the safety belt.

This highchair is so easy to clean. The tray easily slides off and can be washed in the sink or wiped off with a sanitizing wipe. The vinyl backing and seat of the chair do not come off but can easily be wiped down to clear it of food debris.

• Safety:

Good Price for a Good Highchair.

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

I bought this chair for my daughter when she was 5 months old and right off the bat I could see some issues with it. The straps didn't quite tighten very well and the back was too flat so she always slid into a leaning position. I decided to put it away till she grew a little more and gave it another try when she was almost a year. It seemed a bit shaky but not like it was going to break, I just learned to prop it against the wall. Other than that it worked great, easy to clean, easy to adjust the straps (once she fit them). I still wish I had gone just a little more expensive for a better one but now I know for future reference. As far as recommending, I would say spend a little more for a better one.

Sturdiness
It's a little shaky unless propped against a wall.

Could have been built better but it's cute.

Safety
The straps fit older babies better than young ones.

Easy to wipe down the chair and remove the tray.

Best High Chair for the best price

from Michigan

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

I am absolutely in love with these highchairs. For the price I have to say it's probably the best highchair to consider or buy when you're on a budget or just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a high chair your child may only use for 6 months to a year.

I love that they come in many colors and designs, as well as many gender neutral themes and colors. I think that it is a fairly sturdy high chair for the money. The tray slides on easily and baby can be strapped in easily as well. Folding the chair down for storage is easy although mine always wanted to pop back open on me when I tried to store it. Folds back open easily when you want to use it again.

Cleaning is a whole different ball game here on my review though. I had this stored for a while since my son outgrew it and upgraded to a booster seat. We just had our daughter in June so I pulled the high chair out of storage to clean up and use for our daughter. Save us the money from buying a new one. I figured I would just pull the seating cover off and throw it in the wash and wipe everything else down. The seat cover does not come off and was not meant to come off either.

For a high chair I was pretty surprised that it didn't come off, since we all know how big of a mess babies and toddlers can make while eating! I wasn't going to use it for our daughter and just buy a new one at about thirty bucks. My mom insisted she could get it clean so I let her. She had to scrub it down with detergent and wash it off in the shower then let it air dry. Aggravating if you ask me and I probably would have never gone that far. I suppose for how much it was used for our son, How much I really did enjoy and like the high chair, for the price I guess this detail is just minor. But a big suggestion to the company to make the cover come off so that it can be washed, easily.

I am more towards satisfactory since the cover does not come off so that it can be washed!

• Safety:

Not a very good High chair.

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

It is not a safe high chair. My child has fallen out of it more then once and have had to go to the emergency room because of it.

Sturdiness
It wobbles to much and the straps have mad my child's back bleed.

It has fallen apart 4 times. in less then 6 months because of straps and and because of the tray. They tray does not stay lashed on to the chair as it should.

There is no ways to adjust it at all other then folding ti to put it away that is it. It does not just to the child as it should.

Safety
I had my child fall out of it face first because the straps are flimsy and the tray does not stay on very well. It is not safe at all The straps on the set caused so much chafing that my child's back started to bleed. I have had to report on the high chair because of it can the company has not even answered my phone calls about it.

it can be clean just fine. I have no problems with that.

• Safety:

Works well but not always convenient

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

This high chair is pretty good. It is definitely sturdy, as it lasted for over 3 years with my son. I never really folded it up. We just kept it out in the kitchen, but that feature was not as important to us. If there were two things I would change about it they would be making the cover easily removable and making the foot rest adjustable. The cover is bolted into the frame and this makes it very difficult to clean. I ended up taking it outside and spraying it down every once in awhile. The foot rest does not adjust and this can be a problem as your child gets older. I tray was also easy to clean and could be put int eh dishwasher or hand washed at the sink. The seat itself does not adjust, so I would not recommend this for babies that have trouble sitting supported. The biggest compliment I can give it is the sturdiness. My 3 year old would CLIMB into it (I do not recommend this!) and the chair held up very nicely to his abuse.

Sturdiness
Withstood a 3 year climbing in it every day!

Is not adjustable and needs a removable chair cover.

Tray is easy to clean, but the seat is another story!

• Safety:

Low cost high chair good for occasional use

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Cosco Flat Fold High Chair:

I bought the Cosco Flat Fold High Chair for my little daycare girl who was a small 12 month old. The high chair was not what I expected out of the box. It seems not flimsy, but cheaply made. When I first put her in the high chair I thought I was doing something wrong - the three point harness was buckeling right but the tray was still quite far away from her. I kept trying to push the tray closer to her but apparently there is really only one position to put it - and for a small child or a small toddler, it is too far away from them to do much good. Most of her food ended up in her lap when it fell rather than on the tray. The tray does come off easy and wash off easy - but folding it up is another story. I tried folding it and its not really a flat fold, more like a bulky mess that won't stand up without proping it on something or putting it between two things. Needless to say I just leave it upright in my kitchen, I don't even bother folding it. To use it for a high chair for the occasional use at grandma's house, you may want to consider it. For your own child or a child that comes to your home frequently, I do not recommend it at all.

Sturdiness
Feel like anyone more than 25lbs in it it will fall apart.

Tray does not push up to child far enough, big gap between tray and child/toddler. Do not recommend for infant.

Tray comes off and cleans easy.