Other Bakewares:
Bakers / Casseroles
Corningware
Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes)

Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes)

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Stick:

Corningware Casserole Dishes are Great!

Several years ago my husband bought me one of the items on my Christmas wish-list, which was a set of Corningware Casserole dishes. THe set included two sizes of oval shaped casseroles and two sizes of round shaped casseroles. What's nice about these is that they neatly stack one inside the other. I place the smaller dishes inside the larger ones, place the small lid upside down and the larger lid right side up. When stacked this way they set of four dishes looks like one.

Corningware is a very versatile product, it can go in the freezer, the oven, the microwave and the refrigerator as well as washing up nicely in my dishwasher. The edges have vertical ribbing on them, and the lids have nice sturdy knobs for easier removal.

I use these casserole dishes for a variety of things. I can, of course, make a casserole in them or I can make a lasagna, a vegetable dish, or a dessert. You can even use them for layered salads. I've even used them to make Jello salads in.

They are not porous so they don't hold odors, they never stain, and they are very easy to clean. I have some slight utensil scratch marks on the bottoms of the largest one, but it isn't real noticeable and has never bothered me. There are no chips or flakes after all these years. Very durable casseroles.

My one complaint about the dishes, (and it isn't even something I thought about when I was wishing for these to be purchased for me), is that they are hard to hold on to when you are removing them from a hot oven. I really do prefer casserole dishes that have handles on each side so I can get a firmer grip. No, I have never dropped one of these dishes onto the floor, but I have come close. There just isn't anything to grip ahold of when removing them from the oven. If Corning would think of a way to add handles to the sides, even small ones, I feel that would be a big improvement in the overall design.

Cleans well, heats evenly, versatile sizes

Clean okay but they do become stained if I let them sit without cleaning them right away

Have held up well, no chips or cracks at all

I like the looks but these are hard to remove from a hot oven because they can slip out of my hands easily

Doesn't Stick
Food will stick to the interiors of these casseroles, I spray with non-stick cooking spray first and that helps

Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes) Are Good For Baking

Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes) does an average job of cooking food, and the dishes are “Oh, so cute”. Who doesn’t have a piece of Corningware in their kitchen? If you do not have any, you should get a few. These dishes are made of mostly glass. They are great for storing, serving and cooking all the things you like. They do a fine job on casseroles and other foods. The stoneware they are made of is lasting, and it can be used in the oven, microwave, freezer and refrigerator. These dishes are made to prevent cracking and chipping. I think they pass the test on that. These dishes and other items made by Corningware prevent most food odors. They lock in flavors and are pretty good at resisting stains. They don’t have a sticking problem if you use spray or oil them before you bake. They display food in a lovely fashion when you are ready to serve. These dishes fit in well at get-togethers or family events. They will brighten the table of any room you choose to place them in. They are trendy and you can use them in so many different ways. They are heavy to thin in weight, so they will support whatever you decide to place in them. However, they can be slippery and hard to handle because they do not have handles. Be careful taking them out of the oven and use oven mitts. These dishes are quick and easy to clean. I think these are high in price for not having handles. They will add help to your kitchen if you are a person who likes to cook.

Corningware is a godsend!

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

Corningware is a godsend! It's my main ingredient for all cooking/baking dishes. I've been using it thirty plus years. It's the perfection dish to go from oven to refrigerator to freezer. I use it for making dinners (Chicken Parmesan, actually any chicken dish, pork dish, souffle, baked deserts and great side dishes). It's been a very useful tool in my house.

Had my set for 30 years and still going good. I have never had a problem with this set.

VERY easy cleaning. I make sure it is sprayed before using (as I do with all my baking products) but it is so easy to clean these dishes. I have never had to scrub ridiculously hard.

As I said before I have had it for 30 years. What more can I say.

The design is wonderful as it cooks from souffle's to main dishes to side dishes.

Doesn't Stick
I have really never had a problem with these dishes in terms of stickiness. However as I said previously, I do spray them before using. Not because I've had a problem, but because I do out of habit from spraying pans and such.

The test of time

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

The year 2015 will be 40 years ago that I received my first Corning ware baking dishes. They were a gift at my bridal shower preceding my marriage. Thirty nine years later those blue cornflower patterned Corning ware are still in my cabinet though the groom is long gone. You just cannot beat this bake ware. Nice enough to go from the oven to the table to serve from yet durable enough to withstand heavy use for a lifetime with a large family of 5 children. I have added to that initial 3 piece set that I received almost 4 decades ago many times. Now that the children are gone I freeze casseroles for 2 more than ever and use the smaller ones more these are great for that. This is one of my standard wedding gifts for those new brides. I also love the white designs because they match with everything in my kitchen.

These baking dishes literally go from the freezer to the oven to the refrigerator no problem I have never had one chip and these are probably the most used bake ware in my house.

I simply spray my pans with a nonstick cooking spray and clean up is a breeze. I like to soak them in warm soapy water and if there is any stuck on food a simple paste of baking soda will take it off without scratching. They are also dishwasher safe. Barkeepers friend is also great for cleaning any marks on these dishes just rinse well after.

A lifetime investment

A great design and love that they have lids as it can cut down on the amount of foil use on dishes that must be covered during baking.

Doesn't Stick
Very rarely do I have a problem with sticking. I do spray my dishes with nonstick spray prior to baking for most dishes and most food slides out no problem.

Keeps food HOT

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

I own several pieces from this collection of casserole dishes. I have had them for years and years and they are still in tact and working great.

These dishes do a great job at keeping food hot for long periods of time. After removing from a heat source, like the oven, the dish stays insulted longer than most others. While cooking, these dishes never fail to cook foods evenly.

EASY to clean! The smooth surface allows for simple wiping off to remove anything that seems stuck, and the outer ridges, although not flat, wipe off easily, too. I don't personally put in dishwasher, but washing by hand is easier. They are a bit heavy but they clean quickly.

They DO chip somewhat easily. If dropped, they do chip, break and/or crack. They are not super durable. They are strong if bumped or dropped lightly though.

Doesn't Stick
Food, whether still hot or cooled down, does not stick to the surface of these dishes. After storing left overs in the fridge when food is cooled down and most likely to stick, it does not. If it's something like melted cheese that naturally sticks to anything it touches, it wipes off easily. I have yet to find something that doesn't quickly and easily come off of these dishes.

• Doesn't Stick:

Great dishes for daily use

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

We received two sets of these over six years ago as wedding gifts, and they have gotten much use! They have held up well over time. I like that they come with lids and they come in standard sizes. They clean pretty easily but it helps to a nonstick cooking spray.

They do the job well. Food cooks evenly in the dishes. They are durable and I have not had any issues with them breaking even when I move a pre-made casserole from the refrigerator into the pre-heated oven.

These clean up nicely, but I usually use a non-stick cooking spray before putting in my ingredients. It also helps to soak the dishes if food is crusted on. You can use scrapers or metal spatulas to remove really tough build up if needed, and you don't need to worry about scratches.

Ours have lasted 6.5 years so far without any problems. I use them multiple times every week.

Basic design and sizes serve many functions.

Doesn't Stick
I use non-stick spay for prevent sticking.

Durable dishes

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

These Corningware casserole dishes are durable and high-quality. They tend to be heavier than your average metal dishes, but I find they cook more evenly. The lids are a nice addition, but they don't fit very tightly, so keep that in mind if your recipe calls for a lid that has a good seal. These dishes are pretty enough to use as serving dishes, and they're impressively versatile in the kitchen: you can use them in the fridge/freezer, the oven, the microwave, and they're dishwasher safe. The white enameled surface can show slight marks from certain metal utensils, but they're not overly noticeable, and other than that, the casserole dishes clean up nicely. Because they are non-porous, they don't retain stains or smells, which also makes them great for storing leftovers. I do wish they had handles, though, as this would make them much easier and safer to remove from the oven.

• Doesn't Stick:

The perfect size for every need!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

I absolutely love these Corningware pieces. I have them in so many sizes and they are always just the right fit for what I'm making. The lids are sturdy and they are very attractive. I can cook / bake and serve all from the same dish. I have used large sized Corningware to make side dishes and even roast meat, while the smaller ones are always good for side dishes as well as salads. Corningware is also very durable. Of course they can chip, but it takes a good solid bump to do that. I have mostly positive things to say about this product and very little negative. Corningware is highly heat conductive, so be careful when using this right out of the oven or microwave, as they retain a lot of heat. This is good for cooking and keeping food warm, but it can be a little hot to the touch for burns. This cookware cleans up well, is durable and always shows well when I feed my family or entertain guests. I highly recommend this cookware and give a two thumbs up!

My Corningware Casserole Dish Review

from Miami, FL

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

Corningware is one of the best companies for bakeware out there. I love their casserole dish which can go from the oven to the stove top to the microwave and then to your fridge. It is so versatile. Looks great on the dinning room table when you want to serve as well. The glossy coating makes it easy to clean and doesn't stain over time either. Corningware is definitely a product you want to invest in which will last a lifetime.

The corningware casserole dish performances very well. The company wouldn't be in business for so long

The glossy ceramic coating makes it very easy to wash by hand or in the dishwasher. It also repels stains from dark sauces.

As long as you don't drop it the casserole dish should last you forever. I know people who have passed their corningware through their family for generations.

Always very classy and expensive looking. The glass tops make it easy to know what is in there.

Doesn't Stick
The glossy ceramic corningware allows food to slip off from the sides.

• Doesn't Stick:

Great Product! I would definitely buy it again and for a friend!

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

This is a fantastic set, its beautiful and works great, my recommendation would be to purchase a set that also comes with rubber lids for storing food in the fridge and for easy traveling.

It does a wonderful job at keeping food from burning. I find that it cooks the food evenly and keeps it hot for a long time.

I find that they always clean really well, you might have to soak it for a bit, but never overnight. My aunt swears by using oven cleaner on it if she finds they are losing their shine or have a pesky burnt spot on them (or after she leaves them at a friends) she has had her set for over 30 years and I've had mine for 9, and you couldn't tell the difference.

They wash wonderfully and always look brand new, the only thing I recommend is not to put the rubber lids in the dishwasher, they tend not to fit as well after.

I like the way they look and the different sizes that are offered. You can get a traditional style or something a bit for fancy.

Doesn't Stick
With a 3 year old and newborn I may have overcooked a casserole or two, but nothing stuck!

loves

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

my corningware casserole dishes are my favorite. i use them all the time. the are so reliable. they can be used everywhere, microwave, and oven. i love making casseroles ahead of time and then i can stick them in the freezer because these are able to be put in the freeze. i dont know what i would do without these. they have saved me so many times. we refriderate leftovers in these all the time. they dont crack or chip. non of mine have ever gotten a chip or crack and i have had them like forever. they arent porous so you dont have to worry about having leftever lasagna smell or taste in your supper. stains.. not something you have to worry about either. they are a great price for a great product. i have never had any issues with my corningware casserole dishes. i also love they come with lids. it makes putting them into the fridge for leftovers super easy. also very convienent for taking meals with you if you have a potluck to bring them to.

I love cooking in Corningware

from Epsom, NH

Comments about Corningware Casserole Dishes (Various sizes):

I have 26 years line cook, Chef, food prep for restaurant & catering. I love Corningware. Cook, serve, freeze, microwave, bake, refrigerate, dishwasher. It cleans easily, just soak. I use the smaller containers to store leftovers then reheat individual one meal servings in the microwave. I love to use Corning to bake large amounts in the oven, get that browned crust, then divide up individual servings to store in freezer. The bakeware is so pretty, they look good on a potluck table. Corningware is tough, I don't worry about it chipping nor breaking when transported out of the house. When I store them, I turn the lids upside down & store them on top of each other. That way they take up less room & the lids are with the bases they belong with; no searching. They also make a great/pretty base/container upright/upside down, for a holiday centerpiece. I have also decorated & filled with water & floated lit floating candles. I love how I can cook, serve, then pop in frig and scoop out future single servings, or pop in the freezer if there is no more room in frig. Great for making refrig deserts also not just for heating food. Every home needs corning.