4.9
Other Bakewares:
Bakers / Casseroles, Bakeware Sets
Corningware
Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes)

Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes)

4.9

Pros

Cons

My cookware staples

I doubt I have much to add to the chorus of "I love Corningware!," but I'll try.

We received this set of Corningware as a wedding...Read complete review

We received this set of Corningware as a wedding present about 2 1/2 years ago, and they're one of my most constantly-used kitchen items. I use them for anything and everything: roasting potatoes, roasting meat, baking risotto, making rice krispies treats, serving fruit and mini tarts (in the ramekins), baking cobblers...really, anything and everything! My food always turns out great.

In addition, I love that Corningware dishes cool quickly, so I can wash them or load them in the dishwasher right away, and if I'm putting them in the fridge, I don't feel like I'm wasting the fridge's energy cooling them down. I also love that they come with lids to make for easy storage in the fridge. And have I mentioned that they're SO easy to clean? Even when I've cooked something really messy in them (like bratwurst with potatoes, onions, and peppers), it's ridiculously easy to clean off the gunk, especially if I soak them first. I love my Corningware!

Cooks well, hard to clean

I received a set of 4 dishes (with lids) and 2 small ramekins as gifts for my wedding, which was over 3 years ago. While I still use them, it is not because I am in love with them. I just can't afford to buy new ones.

The two main positives to these dishes are that food cooks very well inside them and you don't have to worry about spraying them like you would with a metal dish.

One negative is that they are extremely heavy. Of course, right after I got these, they came out with a lightweight version, which I would love.

Another negative is that the lids don't really fit on the dishes, so air escapes and things do not stay fresh if you try to keep them in the refrigerator.

It also takes a lot time to scrub them after you bake a casserole. I always let it soak for 10-20 minutes in hot soapy water, and even still, I have to spend a good 5-10 minutes scrubbing them off. I do not have a lot of extra time since I have a high energy 19 month old to chase after, so having to wait around while it soaks and then scrub it off is inefficient.

Love this bakeware!

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I've been using CorningWare Bakeware, for about ten years now, since we received it as a wedding gift (and yes, it is the same set we received back then, and it is holding up quite well). I use the larger baking dishes for a lot of casseroles, and everything from shepherd's pie to rice pudding. They cook things evenly and effectively, and are very durable - not easily broken, which is great because I'm clumsy! They are a bit heavy and not the easiest things to store, but they are totally worth the little bit extra effort of making space for them in the kitchen. I love that the smaller casserole dishes have plastic, as well as the glass ones. They are perfect for storing leftovers in the fridge in the same dish they were cooked in, and then can be heated in the microwave (without the plastic lid) when we're ready finish up the leftovers. I'd definitely recommend them for your own use, or as a gift!

Love Corningware

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I use pieces of this set daily. I make casseroles or just use the small one for food storage.

I had this set for 3 years now and I haven't had any issues.

Sometimes the pieces need soaking but the lids stain easily with tomato based products.

Lasted 3 years.

I love the look of these, but it would be a little easier if the big containers had handles.

Doesn't Stick
Besides minor burnt on stuff (which goes away with soaking) I have had no issues.

Corningware Bakeware is Perfect

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I was given a three unit set of Corningware Bakeware for a wedding present five years ago. To this day they are some of my favorite pieces for both baking and serving. Corningware has done well to make these white dishes as they stand out from other brands of cookware and are immediately recognizable as their brand.

I love the fact that my dishes came with both glass and plastic lids. The glass lids are great for during baking, as it eliminates the need for foil, which can be bad for acidic types of items and which is a hassle to deal with. The clear glass lids are easy to see through, therefore you can evaluate the doneness of your food without having to remove foil and then figure out some way to get it back on. The flat, plastic lids are great for storing food in the refrigerator. They seal well, keeping liquids in well, and are good for stacking.

Food cooks fantastically in these dishes. They distribute heat evenly because of their thick porcelain construction. They also keep food hot well after taking them out of the oven, which is nice because they look nice enough to be serving dishes.

The non-porous glazed surface makes for very easy cleaning.

These pieces are heavy duty while remaining attractive.

Corningware Bakeware: Not Just for Baking

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I have had my Corningware Bakeware since my wedding, and years later, actually use it more now than I did as a newlywed. As the years have passed, I have found more and more uses for this bakeware, and it is an essential part of my kitchen.

These pieces are so versatile. It works wonderfully in the oven, and will bake your casseroles, meat dishes, brownies, and more perfectly and evenly. There are glass lids which work well if the dish you're putting in the oven needs to be covered.

You can also use this bakeware in the freezer, which I occasionally do for leftover soups, sauces, etc. It can go in the microwave as well. I often use this in the refrigerator for leftovers and homemade dressings. The corresponding plastic lids make it perfect for stacking easily without taking up much room.

Corningware's pieces are also beautiful for serving. You can use this right alongside your china, which I often do.

love corningware

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I have several pieces of Corningware Bakeware in my kitchen. I love cooking with corningware. It is a little nostalgic for me because I remember my Mom cooking in some when I was younger. Corningware is light weight and is available in a wide variety of pattern designs and sizes. it is also very inexpensive without being cheaply designed. Every piece has a lid, so they can go from the stove/oven, to the table, to the refrigerator with no problem. And the lids are all clear, so if you have a few leftover dishes, you won't have to open up each one to see which dish it is. You can see the food inside. Corningware is relatively inexpensive and it is so easy to clean! You can even use these dishes to cook in the microwave, which is a big plus for me. Being a mother of three children, I need all of the shortcuts that I can get. These dishes are also excellent to take along to potluck dinners. I really recommend Corningware to anyone.

• Doesn't Stick:

Corningware Bakeware is the best!

from Maryville, TN

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I love my Corningware bakeware! I am still using the same Corningware bakeware I received when I first married. That was several years ago! And the amazing thing about this bakeware is it looks just as good today as it did when I first received it! I use it to cook casseroles, vegetables, desserts, and meats, and they always turn out well. Of course, you can use it in both the oven and the microwave, and it is dishwasher safe. Corningware is so durable and versatile. It is very attractive on my dinner table with my white dishes too. It is very reasonably priced also. It makes a great bridal gift because it is something everyone can use. It is a very practical gift to give to a newlywed. It also comes with glass lids which are nice to have as a cover in the oven and on the table. You can also buy secure plastic lids for your Corningware which is great when storing food in the refrigerator or freezer. I cannot imagine being without my Corningware!

Corningware lasts forever!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I'm fairly certain the Corningware Bakeware currently residing in my kitchen cabinets is older than I am. I was given the dishes at some point during my adult life, though I don't remember exactly when. I believe a couple were sent over from her house with food in them and then never made it back. That's definitely not an oversight that I'm upset about!
These Cornignware dishes are really useful. They've all got lids, which is always nice. The kids keep food warm if everyone doesn't get to the table to eat right away. They're great for storage, leftovers can go straight from the table to the fridge without me having to spoon the contents in to a separate piece of Tupperware. Basically you get 3 functions with each piece of bakeware! They go smoothly from the oven to the table and then to the refrigerator. Definitely cuts down on the dishes I have to wash after a meal!

Corningware pieces last forever. At the end of time there will still be cockroaches, Twinkies, and Corningware!
Also, I've dropped these dishes more times than I can count. I've never broken one yet!

The designs are classic.

Doesn't Stick
Even though there is no traditional non-stick coating, these still are great when it comes to food not sticking to them badly.

• Doesn't Stick:

The best set I have ever owned!

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I am in love with Corningware Bakeware ! The bakeware comes in a variety of sizes and with or without lids. I also love the stainless steel serving racks that are available for purchase. These ceramic -like dishes are easily found in various stores. They seem to go on sale often. They tend to be more affordable than other brands. They are attractive.They last for a very long time. Some of the pieces I own I received as wedding gifts 20 years ago! They are versatile. You can use them for casseroles, side dishes,pies, etc. Corningware Bakedishes allow for even and thorough cooking of foods. They easily go from refrigerator to microwave to reheat leftovers. They wash easily. They are dishwasher safe. You can clean stubborn stains from them by using baking soda . I like to purchase these dishes as wedding, house warming, engagement, and anniversary gifts. I host a lot of dinner parties and other large gatherings , especially for the holidays. These dishes have never failed me . I could not possibly recommend anything better than these.

Cooks a variety of dishes evenly.

Clean up in no time at all. If you should encounter stubborn baked -on stains from the oven, simply soak the dish in ordinary baking soda and warm water and allow it to soak for a while and then clean as usual. These dishes are dishwasher safe!

I have not had a broken one in over 20 years

They are well-made and attractive.

Doesn't Stick
Use a little cooking spray before you put your food in it and nothing will stick.

• Doesn't Stick:

Have these in many sizes and love them

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I have many baking dishes and these are some of my favorites. My favorites of all are the smaller ones. I love to put soup or side dishes together and throw them in the freezer for quick lunches or dinners when I am running behind. Take them out and let them defrost overnight and you are good to go the next day. I also like that you can get plastic lids for the smaller ones. This makes it especially easy for freezing. I also like that they are microwave safe and you can reheat right in them. This is much better to use then plastic tupperware or plastic containers.

Work great and heat food evenly.

Occasionally you need to put some time and elbow grease into getting them to come completely clean, but for the most part they are very easy to care for.

No chips or dings so far. They can break so handle with care. Luckily I live right by the outlet so if I ever need an additional piece I can just buy whatever I need.

They look so nice when you have them set out on the table. The white is clean and simple. Sometimes wish they would have a bit of a handle for when pulling out of the oven, but otherwise great. They also stack relatively easily too so it makes storing them somewhat easy.

Doesn't Stick
Rarely does food stick in these. I can usually take everything out cleanly with no problems. Sometimes things like cheese will get bake on to the top rim, but that is easy to take care of.

• Doesn't Stick:

Nothing wrong with this set!

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Corningware Bakeware (Various dishes):

I got this set of Corningware for my wedding because as soon as I added it to my registry I knew I wouldn't be able to live without it. There are so many sizes included that you can easily bake/cook anything. I use the bigger sizes for my casseroles and I have made puddings with the little ones. I love that they have lids so that we don't have to use foil in the fridge with them. They are easily cleaned and can be used over and over for so many different types of food. My favorite thing about them is how they stay the original white color. No matter how many times I've used a particular piece, it has never discolored. Will be buying for my sister for her upcoming wedding!

Love all of the sizes included in this set and they all cook evenly and perfectly.

Super easy to clean.

My set has lasted for over five years now.

Simple, classic design. Love the white.

Doesn't Stick
I've never had anything stick with this set.