Other Baby Sunscreens:
Coppertone
Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50

Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50

Great protection with less chemicals.

from Crocker, MO

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50:

I really am in love with this sunscreen. Last summer, I asked a few of my friends with kids for recommendations for a sunscreen with less chemicals. I was told to check out this one. I looked it up, and looked at the rating for chemicals in the sunscreen. It has a very low rating (especially compared to regular Coppertone Water babies sunscreen). I think its great. A bottle goes a long way, and I don't have to worry that I am rubbing an excess of chemicals into my children's skin. It goes on easy and lasts forever. I still have the same bottle I bought last summer. My kids never got burned using this, and it doesn't have a sickening smell like the regular water babies.

• Absorption:

Great protection without unecesary chemicals or additives.

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50:

Works well, I like that it is fragrance and dye free and doesn't contain any extra unnecessary chemicals or additives. It goes on thick but that helps you see where you need more. Its also water proof for swimming or sweating. Definitely my first pick for my pale redheaded family!

Its unscented which I prefer as my children have skin that is sensitive to some fragrances.

• Absorption:

Coppertone Pure & Simple works well; but, is too sticky. :(

from Wylie, TX

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50:

I have always used **Coppertone Water Babies** with high SPF for my kids with sensitive skin.  I also have personally used it, along with a couple of other brands, for several years.  Truth be told, my family has been using **Coppertone Water Babies** pretty regularly for almost eighteen years.  That being said, I feel fairly qualified to review this product.

This **Pure & Simple** version of this sunscreen was brought to my attention last year.  Being a health conscious mom of five, I was really happy to see my favorite brand of sunscreen had gotten even safer than it had been previously.  I, of course, took the next opportunity to get a good deal on **Water Babies **and bought at least four bottles!  We tend to go through a lot of sunscreen, so I thought I was doing a good thing.  As far as being effective, this sunscreen works very well.  It didn't irritate any skin over here, or burn any eyes.  There is a drawback, though.  :(  Unfortunately, this product comes out a bit like Desitin diaper cream.  It rubs on about the same.  While it ***is*** possible to rub it in almost all the way, it still left a white "coat" on our skin.  When we would sweat, or get wet from swimming etc... , it would almost bead up on our faces like we were sweating white grease paint.

I would still recommend this for sensitive skinned people, or anyone who wants a good product and can deal with the drawbacks.  It really did work well, it just creeped me out a bit with the greasiness and the way it made us look so pasty.  I will probably go back to using the regular **Water Babies** sunscreen.  For now, though, I will finish using the **Water Babies Pure & Simple **sunscreen I have left, because it really does work.

Great sunscreen that doesn't make me break out.

from 98043

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50:

My family and I have fair skin, so we always need to put on sunscreen before we go out into the sun.

This sunscreen is very thick and white, so it takes a while to rub it in, but it makes it easy to see where you have put it.  It also doesn't make your face look greasy. My kids hate it when I put sunscreen on them and their faces are so shiny. It doesn't make me break out either.

We recently went on vacation to Silverwood in Idaho, and it was a very sunny day. I used this sunscreen on all of us. We were outside for about 5 hours, and no one got burned. It did a great job, and even though it takes some effort to apply it it works great.

I have used other sunscreens that seem to stop working or break down. Those were the ones with the chemical sunscreens in them. This one is predominantly zinc oxide, so it seems to last much longer. It's also good for the whole family.

It mentions on the bottle that it is tear free. I think it is less irritating to your eyes than other sunscreens, but it still stung my eyes a little when I accidentally got it in them.

I like using this sunscreen because it lasts a long time, and isn't full of harsh chemicals. I feel better about letting my family use it.

Great sun protection, good for sensitive skin

from Ashland, KY

Comments about Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50:

After doing a little research and trying to find a good, low-toxin or toxin-free sunscreen that I could afford and wouldn't make my eyes burn, I decided Coppertone's Water Babies Pure & Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 would do the trick. I found it for quite a bit less than another supposedly gentle namebrand sunscreen, got at least double the amount of product, and found that this worked much better than what is supposed to be the best sunscreen out there as far as protection - and without toxic chemical sunscreens. This sunscreen did NOT let me burn even in direct sunlight on the beach during peak sun hours and I tend to burn even through my clothes at times, sometimes in as little as fifteen minutes, and this was in a bathing suit and no hat! And, I did not burn, tan, anything. It did still sting my eyes and make them swell shut some and I admittedly more sensitive than most to this kind of issue, but found that if I used one of the Water Babies stick sunscreens around the eyes and on my forehead instead, that this was no longer an issue. This lotion, unlike most others, I can at least put on my cheeks without my eyes swelling shut. I will keep using this and would recommend it to anyone.

The only cons with this product are that it will run into your eyes, left me feeling like a grease monkey, and is very hard to rub in, and as with many if not most physical sunscreens, it left white everywhere. My bathing suit had white all over it, so I would suggest having someone else put it on you and help rub it in, and maybe before putting on the bathing suit.. But as badly as I burn, I would still use it on the beach or to go to the pool because it works.