Other Sunscreens:

Cons

Rash and weeping blisters

from Encinitas, CA

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

Used many types of Coppertone products and competitors' sunscreen/sunblock and tanning lotions in the past. This product caused the skin to blister with a rash lasting a week. Good news is it was a small area of skin applied. Could be one of these active indgredients:
Avobenzone
Homosalate
Octsalate
Octocrylene
Oxybenzone
or "inactive"
Alcohol denat. (75.3% v/v), acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, stearoxytrimethylsilane, glycerin, diethylhexyl syringylidenamalonate, tocopherol (vitamin e), fragrance, retinyl palmitate (vitamin a palmitiate), caprylic/capric triglyceride.

Stick with the lotion

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

Although I love the Coppertone sport sun screen and will probably never use another brand, I am not a huge fan of the spray and definitely prefer the lotion. We have used the spray lotion a few times due to it being the only product that we, or someone else, had on hand and each time I find that it is not as easy to apply as the lotion and I usually end up looking streaky or with spots that were not covered. Each time I have used the spray you have to spray it on and then still rub it around with your hands to try and get it to be even and I find it does not absorb as well as the lotion does. I have also found that it does not last as long and I find myself reapplying sooner than I do with the lotion. We also go through a bottle of this faster than we go through a bottle of lotion because I feel like I am using it more (reapplying more) and using more of it so I feel that my skin is protected. It is still a good product and one that we will continue to buy whenever the lotion is not available, but when given the choice we will buy the lotion if it is available.

• Ease of Application:

Works but still not a fan of it

from Wisconsin

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

Had a Dickens of a time rating this. Is it effective? Yes, so that should give it a high score. However, I am not a fan of scents in my sunscreen for several reasons with one being that it only attracts bugs and two, it's just another added chemical to harm me. That is the reason I actually gave this Coppertone Sport spray a lower score. There are ingredients in this that could cause a dinosaur to collapse. Not only is it probably bad for our bodies, but it isn't good for the water. I do want to protect my skin from the sun as I am out in it all the time and go through a LOT of sunscreen, but not to the detriment of the inside of my body. And why did they give this product that funky spray nozzle? The top doesn't have to be that big. It's just a waste since that top part doesn't actually hold any spray. This particular Coppertone isn't one I'll buy again as I didn't see it worth my money. I don't mind spending a little more if it's more organic, but there really isn't much to say about this spray other than if you keep applying it, it will work.

• Ease of Application:

All around protection in one application.

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

This has been the sunblock of choice for me for several years. Great level of protection, ease of application and not an overkill. Spraying lets me control the distribution of the product while still allowing me to spread it around with my fingers. Being waterproof is a bonus when splashing off my face or hands. I use it with confidence.

• Ease of Application:

Less mess and works great.

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

My family and I have fair skin, so we practically bathe ourselves with sunblock during the summer. What I like best about the product, as opposed to regular sunblock lotion, is that it be be applied faster, feels less sticky and heavy, absorbs faster, and creates less mess. With how often we use sunblock, those are all big pluses.

It smells like sunblock, which is a smell I happen to like. The smell always reminds me of the beach and summer vacations.

Absorption
This product seems to absorb faster than traditional sunblock, which, for me, doesn't really seem to absorb and coats your skin and feels kind of gross. I definitely agree that the spray-on feels lighter and healthier.

Longevity
It needs to be reapplied every so often, more frequently if you're swimming.

In my experience, this sunblock is thinner than traditional sunblock and seems to work pretty much as well.

Ease of Application
The spray bottle applies the sunblock easily and evenly. You still need to rub it in a little, so it isn't entirely mess-free.

Coppertone sport spray spf 30 recommended by experts

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

I began reading about sunscreens because there was a lot of controversy about which ones work and which don't really and to sift through all the true/false info. Well consumer reports recommended this one back a few years ago, because dermatologists said it has to be effective against broad spectrum UVA/UVB rays. This one is. Although it says "waterproof" that's outdated now. The American Academy of dermatology says it can't claim to be waterproof anymore and so the bottle as well as the writing has changed . It now claims to be "water resistant".
It did protect me. I'm very sun damage conscious because I've had therapeutic ultra violet light treatments to my skin, so don't want any more of the bad rays than I need. You have to keep reapplying it,though to get that protection , every 2 hours or so. You can't just spray it on and forget about it. It does burn the eyes if you use it on your face, so spray it into your hands first and then spread it on your face. Or you can get a separate product designed especially for the face.

It does have a sunscreen smell, but not that bothersome.

Absorption
absorbs right into the skin.

Longevity
You must reapply, as with all sunscreens

protects broad spectrum against both UVA/UVB

Ease of Application
The spay is a cinch. You can easily get it on your back.

• Ease of Application:

Kept me unburnt during my summers spent running!

from Racine, WI

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

I love Coppertone Sport. The product goes on easy, dries fast, leaves me smelling like summer (I love the smell of sunscreens!), and doesn't get me all greasy. I use the SPF 30 variety because I have white, pasty Irish skin that burns easily. =P I'm big on running and biking outdoors in the summer, and I trust Coppertone Sport to do the job. The bottle says "No slip grip-ultra dry formula" and it is the truth. I don't fumble on my bike handles at all, and I usually use my hands to rub the sunscreen in a little. It's also waterproof, hypoallergenic, oil free, and PBA free. It is rub free, but again, I use my hands to rub it in a little just because it's hard to get the spritz spray kind of product to evenly coat your skin.

The only negative thing I would say about this particular product is that the spray head gets clogged. Also, it's not an aerosol, it's a pump spray, so you have to spritz over and over to get your body sunscreened. I think they do have an aerosol variety, but I purchased this before that came out. I still have some left in the bottle, and it continues to work effectively!

• Ease of Application:

Coppertone is waterproof and dries quickly.

from Moundville, MO

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

This summer was so much better at the lake and at swim lessons because Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof SPF 30 kept on going. I could reapply it to the kids easily because it dried so fast. They liked the smell so we had none of last years' complaints. It didn't get sticky which had been a real turn off to the kids previously. My runner friend who burns easily turned us on to the product. I'm really grateful when a product performs as advertised. Yes, I know it is a lower SPF than is recommended for a day at the shore. We took breaks and rehydrated before I sprayed on another round. I didn't have to deal with sunburns so that made me one happy swimmer.

Coppertone sport sprays on and stays on!

from Bristol, CT

Comments about Coppertone Sport Sunblock Spray, Waterproof, SPF 30:

Coppertone Sport sprays on and  stays on! I have finally found my answer to preventing sunburn. Coppertone Sport makes it so easy--no rubbing required and it dries in seconds. It is finally possible to get full coverage on the kids. The best part is that I can spray it on no matter where I am. l carry it with me everywhere I go. Coppertone Sport is waterproof and available in different SPF levels--with my fair skin I prefer SPF30. . Coppertone Sport is oil free, hypoallergenic and PABA-free. I recommend it for anyone that has ever had a sunburn and doesn't want another one.