3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Coppertone Sport is my favorite sunscreen so far- easy to apply.

I am a twelve year melanoma survivor so you bet that I use sunscreen diligently on myself and my kids.  Tennis lessons, lacrosse practice, softball practice, biking, walking... after this long winter of snow, snow and more snow, we are all happy to be outside but we are constantly applying sunscreen.  I am more than happy to apply lotions to our faces but for all over the body I need an easy to apply spray.  My six year doesn't stand still long!

So far Coppertone Sport is my favorite sunscreen for easy application.

**Why I like Coppertone Sport 50 SPF Continuous Spray Ultra Sweatproof: **

-Continous spray makes it quick and easy to cover everybody.

-Ultra sweatproof really works- it doesn't run down into my eyes and burn like some sunscreens when I am playing tennis and my hair is wringing wet.

-The spray at any angle feature makes it easier to get the back of your neck, knees and toes.

-A great feature is the twist lock top which means it has no top to lose but you can be sure you're not spraying it while jostling along with your beach bag.

**What I don't love about Copper Sport 50 SPF Continuous Spray Ultra Sweatproof:**

It doesn't contain helioplex which my dermatologist says keeps sunscreens from breaking down.

It's light and does go away but it kind of smells like hairspray.

***My Viewpoint:***  Coppertone Sport sunscreen is easy to apply and has worked well for my family.

Coppertone Continuous Spray Sunscreen is great for kids!

I normally buy all natural sunscreen for my three year old son, but when I watched my friend "spray" her kid with sunscreen and saw that it took about 25 seconds instead of my 3-4 minutes to apply, I thought this was something I should look into.

Another thing I don't like about this sunscreen is the fact that you cannot apply it indoors. The fumes this bottle produces are horrible. They stink and they don't dissipate very quickly, so you have to spray this outside.

Overall, I think **Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen** is very convenient and child-friendly. I don't like being shiny, so I wouldn't use it on myself, but I will continue to buy it for my son until the natural world makes a comparable product.

You HAVE to use this outdoors because it stinks and the fumes are very strong. Not something I want my kids inhaling.

Absorption
What I don't like about this sunscreen is the fact that it leaves a sheen to your skin. It does get less severe after a while, but your skin still shines.

Ease of Application
What I do like about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen is how quick and easy the application is. Simply point the nozzle in the direction you want the sunscreen, and spray. No rubbing in required...just spray and go! My son gets restless when it's time to apply sunscreen, so this product definitely makes it an easier process.

Convenient option

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

This sunscreen has pros and cons. In theory, you don't get your hands as sticky and/or messy with this kind since it sprays on. However, you still have to rub it in to get even application after you spray it on, which gets your hands a little messy (but not as messy as with a sunscreen cream). Because it sprays on so clear and thin, it's sort of hard to tell where exactly you have already applied it/rubbed it in, which I don't like since I don't want to have a red stripe down my leg from where I missed a spot! It does stay on well, even after sweating and being in the water. But I feel like it doesn't absorb into my skin as much as it just sits on top of it. It's great for kids who won't wait and stand still long enough for you to rub the cream kind into their entire bodies. A disadvantage is that the aerosol version seems to get used up VERY quickly, so a bottle of traditional sunscreen the same size would last you a lot longer.

This Spray Sunscreen Doesn't Make It Easier to be Protected

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

Thought that by being a spray, this sunscreen would be a snap to apply. Well, yes it is easy to spray it on, but every time I used it I still had to spread the spray over my skin so it was applied evenly. So for something that was to be easy,,,,I say NOT! Not worth the extra money they want for packaging this as a spray!

I have never found a sunscreen that actually smells good. And this one is no exception. Regardless of the scent that this sunscreen has, it still has the distinct odor of sunscreen.

Absorption
I found that it took way to long for this sunscreen to absorb and leave me comfortable with it's effectiveness.

Longevity
Couldn't really judge the longevity when I mistrusted its effectiveness because it didn't absorb. I reapplied about every hour because it didn't seem to be lasting.

Can I say it didn't work? No...it kept me from getting a sunburn so I guess I have to say it is effective.

Ease of Application
Being a spray I am sure most (even me) think that this sunscreen would be an easy application...but when I have to spread it evenly after spraying it on it loses the "easy" definition!

• Ease of Application:

Awesome spray nozzle stops when YOU want it to

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

The Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen has a unique spray nozzle that allows the sunscreen to continue to spray as long as you are holding the button down.
No need to get finger cramps by constantly pressing up and down on a plunger.
The sunscreen comes out in a fine mist that makes it easy to cover your whole body quickly (especially with the help of a friend) and it is easy to rub in to ensure even and complete coverage. It dries quickly and does not feel greasy.
Depending on the SPF, it can protect you in the hot summer sun.

The scent is pleasant, but mostly Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen is fragrance free. It does not have the same somewhat chemical smell that some other sunscreens have.

Absorption
Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen absorbs quickly when you rub it in and does not leave your skin feeling greasy like some other sunscreens can.

Longevity
Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen lasted all day at the amusement park and did not come off after sweating or when we rode the log flume.

Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen is very effective and kept me sunburn free even on one of the hottest days of the year!

Ease of Application
Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen is the easiest sunscreen to apply, just hold and spray, then rub it in and you are good to go!

love it

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

Love this sunscreen! It comes out of the can very easily. I have never had the spray head thing get clogged up the way I have had happen with other spray cans. And I hate when that happens. With 2 kids, I go through quite a few of these cans a summer. When spraying, the spray is not greasy and it comes out evenly. A down side, but part of the way the can is made, they spray does come out cold. Not a bad thing on a hot, steamy day.

We have used the sport spray for soccer tournaments and pool/beach days. No concerns for either use. I am sometimes not the greatest at remembering to reapply sunscreen on the kids when sitting at the pool/beach every 3 hours and the kids have never had a really bad sunburn. The bright blue color makes it pretty easy to find in a beach bag.

One concern while traveling, you have to check it in your luggage and can't be put in your carry on.

As for the smell, I have never noticed it being bad or wonderful.

• Ease of Application:

Not really for a sport level of sun exposure.

Kind of a let down..

I absolutely hated how this product smelled. It was just like spraying rubbing alcohol on my body. Normally Coppertone has wonderfully scented products but they really missed the mark on this one. THe good news is that the smell dissipates pretty quickly so you won't smell like a cleaning product for very long.

Absorption
It seemed like this product really absorbed quickly, almost like misting myself with water. Afterwards my skin felt dry like I didn't have anything on at all.

Longevity
After an hour I was burnt to a crisp. I think something about the spray formula either causes you to unknowingly miss places or just isn't think enough to last very long. This was pretty disappointing.

I wasn't impressed at all with the effectiveness of this sunscreen. I don't feel like I should have to reapply every hour to stay burn free if I'm being sold a quality product.

Ease of Application
I will say that the spray method is very easy and quick. The only down side is it doesn't work if you try to spray it upside down.

good and bad

from reading pa

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

There is good and bad to this sunscreen. I like the fact that it is spray sunscreen. I use this for both myself and my young children. I like that it is sport, both my kids are very active so the sport is fitting. I like the spray for the kids because it is very easy to spray on them since they are very active. The bad thing about the spray is that it does not cover them very well. It does not cover very well, does not go on thick. You can not see where you sprayed it on and where you missed it. I feel like with this spray you have to reapply very often.

Has no strong odor to it.

Absorption
Do not feel like it goes into the skin very well at all. I think it just lays on the skin and does not seem like it sinks into the skin.

Longevity
I feel like I am reapplying more often then when I use sunscreen that is the kind that you rub in.

It works, but it does not last as long as regular sunscreen.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use, just spray it on. I do not spray it on the kids faces but easy to spray it on.

works great

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

I have purchased and used the Coppertone sport High performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen and have been very pleased with it. There are so many good things about this particular sunscreen and I will share them with you. First, it is a spray on sunscreen therefore you just spray it on and go. A whole lot better than the lotions that you have to rub in by hand and hope you get all the spots. This takes five to ten minutes off the sunscreen applying time. Next, it has great coverage even in water. The Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen must be waterproof because it stays on after numerous times of getting in and out of the pool. You can sweat, get in the pool, swim in the ocean and when you are done this sunscreen will still be on. Third, it has a high enough SPF that it gives you the highest amount of coverage a product can offer. Therefore, it helps prevent sun damage and wrinkles and sunburns and even skin cancer. Then last but not least it has the wonderful Coppertone Sunscreen scent. I would recommend this to all of my friends and family. Great product!!!

Protection at its best!

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

I recently gave up on sunblock lotion and changed over to sunblock spray due to its easiness of application and not mess as well as reaching all those hard places that my arms can't contort into to get (my back). I have always used coppertone so it wasn't a mystery to why I was using the sunblock spray.

I love the sun, and I also like to get a little color to my skin if I can to avoid looking like casper the friendly ghost. This spray does the trick. blocking out the harmful UVB/UVA rays from the sun but at the same time allows me to still achieve some color which is great. though the process of tanning is slowed, I rather be safe then sorry when dealing with health and body.

Pros: light weight, easy application, mild scent, less greasy, no mess.

cons: when you go to take a shower, it will still have a film over your body that would seem to come off as flaky bits when you towel dry yourself. Also, I have a navel ring, so when I apply this spray, I would notice that my navel ring would have this corrosion looking effect where I need to take off the ring and drop it into alcohol to get it cleaned and take off the sunblock film.

• Ease of Application:

WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK!

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

This is crap please do yourself a favor and don't waste your money on this product. My friend and I went to the beach and we tan really easily (we're Latinas), so we won't something with high SPF and easy application. This did not cut it. When we put it on, it was oily and greasy, and you could see it (it was clear though). It felt horrible. So we went to the beach, sat out a little, and then went out to the ocean. When we came out, we were white because the sunscreen started showing on our skin. Some was even flaking off. It looked horrible. We also got a little bit darker, and we were not even out there for more than an hour. I will not buy this product again. I will probably not buy from Coppertone again. I will stick with Neutrogena. Their spray sunscreen is a bit high but it is MUCH better than this junk and is worth it.

Smelled odd. I made sure to put on some extra perfume so I wouldn't feel like a stank.

Absorption
Looked like an oil slick on my skin. Very oily and greasy. Poor quality.

Longevity
This is not a good type of good. My friend took a shower and some of the stuff still wouldn't come off. It stuck and stained.

Was not helpful, poor quality, and just overall not effective.

Ease of Application
I thought it would be easy to put on because it's a spray. Wrong. It was difficult to spray on, and sometimes I had to use two hands which isn't what you need.

• Ease of Application:

Long lasting sunscreen that doesn't smear or smudge!

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Coppertone Sport High Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen:

I first bought the Coppertone SPF 50+ Continuous Spray after getting really nasty tan lines on my shoulders and chest from my tank top straps. I knew that it was highly necessary I use some sort of sunscreen to protect myself from the harmful rays and uneven skin tones. It works great! It's super easy to apply as it sprays a very full mist that just leaves a very thin layer on the skin. It's not messy, greasy or slimy at all! It gives the skin a very healthy glow and lasts all day. It doesn't come off when I sweat or over exert myself and it prevents me from getting an unsightly tan! I think it's perfect for athletes, swimmers, or anyone else who does a lot of physical activity outdoors and need a good sun screen.

The scent is a little strong at first but it isn't noticeable throughout the day, only when first applied.

Ease of Application
Simply spray it on and go about your normal activities!