4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great for all ages!

I absolutely cannot live without Coppertone SPF 50+ during the summer. I burn easily and so does my 13 yr old son. My other children are bi-racial and they use it too even tho people say they don't need to but the thing is, is that they do burn too! Just because they have a year round tan doesn't mean the suns harmful UV rays don't effect their skin too! It's just hard to see if they burn, it's not that they don't. Therefore, my whole family, down to my almost 2 yr old son uses this sunscreen. We don't leave the house without it during the sunny and hot summer months.

Some sunscreens are almost dreadful to apply because they stink but Coppertone smells awesome. Different bottles carry different scents but they all smell good. I personally love the ones that smell like coconut. Even if I'm outside on my own back deck if I close my eyes and have Coppertone on, I just imagine I'mat the beach! Ha-ha!

Absorption
Most sunscreens, in my opinion, leave your skin feeling sloppy and sometimes sticky almost. They just don't absorb fully and some not at all, it seems. Coppertone absorbs efficiently and quickly, leaving your skin feeling smooth and moisturized but not wet.

Longevity
If we go to the beach for approximately 6-8 hrs, one good solid application of Coppertone will last that whole time, even after being in and out of the ocean. Since it absorbs so quickly it's already activated and protecting our skin and the water can't touch it!

Since switching from other brands years ago, to Coppertone SPF 50+, not one of out of the 8 of us have come home or come inside, with a sunburn... anywhere on our bodies. We spend a lot of time in the late spring and early summer gardening out back and the sun is constantly beaming directly down on us since we have no trees to provide natural shade. For that, Coppertone is our life saver, or should I say, skin saver. Cancer overall runs heavy in our family so protecting our skin and just being proactive is really important and Coppertone understands that!

Ease of Application
Easy to apply because it's not too thin liquid wise. Other sunscreens are so thinned out that they drip off your hands before you can even rub it in anywhere. Coppertone applies evenly and easily. No messes ever.

Both children had an allergic reaction to main ingredient!

I always buy baby sunscreen, as my face stings if I don't. When I used the Coppertone Water Babies SPF 50, on both of my children, ages 4 & 5, they had an allergic reaction and broke out in rashes. my 4 year old was the worst and had a rash over his whole body he seemed to be allergic to the main ingredient, **Avobenzone** (trade names Parsol 1789, Eusolex 9020, Escalol 517 and others, INCI Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane).I do have to say in the companies defense, they promptly within the week sent me a refund check and a mailing label to send the remaining product back. I do appreciate that immensely. I will definitely do a patch test the next time I use any sunscreen.

We use the blue sport can

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

A few family members in our large extended family are very fair skinned. When they come over to use our pool, we have this sunscreen on hand. We also use it on our young grand children since they're skin is also fair. We find that as long as it's applied as directly (every certain number of minutes) and again after swimming for long periods of time, it protects beautifully. No red skin for any of us using this product responsibly.

It's a little on the strong side, so we always apply it outside so most of the strong aroma dissipates quickly. After it's dried and you've aired yourself out a bit, the scent is almost non-existent unless you're up close to that person or you sniff your skin.

Absorption
It absorbs readily enough, but because it's a spray and we want to reach every part, we almost always apply it outside where it won't matter if we over-spray a little. Even though it's a spray, we still rub it in afterwards or it sometimes drips. Absorption is pretty good in that if you apply your clothes on AFTER it dries, you won't get any staining.

Longevity
For it work at the SPF level specified, you HAVE to apply it as thorough and as often as the can recommends, depending upon your activity level and whether you're staying dry, sweating, or in a pool. But it works well if you use it accordingly. IF you are very fair and use it daily, a bottle will probably only last you about two weeks.

When used as directed it's protected even the fairest of us from burning and red skin.

Ease of Application
Spray and rub where needed. Very easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

I like the children's sunscreen

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

I am not a fan of the spray sunscreens, mostly because of the fact that unless you rub in the sunscreen after you spray it on your skin, there tend to be streaks of skin that never got any sunscreen and burn. In my opinion if you have to go and rub it in you might as well just you the lotion type of sunscreen. The spray feature is supposed to save a step but it really doesn't.
I really like SPF 50, I have very fair and sensitive skin, and the stronger SPF helps protect my skin for longer. I tend to use the children's skin on both my skin and my children's skin, because of how it is more gentle and less likely to irritate skin.
There are two things I'm not crazy about. One is the fact that after reapplication your skin tends to get greasy and feel slightly sticky. It works fine if you're just using it for one application though. The other thing I don't really like is the scent. It's the typical sunscreen scent that I'm crazy about, but it's not really different from most other sunscreen scents so it's not that big of a deal.

Great coverage!

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

Coppertone SPF 50+ is an excellent sunscreen choice if you are planning to spend a lot of time at the beach. My skin burns very easily and I need a product that provides adequate coverage and protection for a relatively long period of time. Coppertone SPF 50+ does just this and is an excellent choice to make when it comes to sunscreen. I have the "spray" sunscreen which works very well when you are by yourself and need to apply sunscreen. I am able to spray the sunscreen all over my arms, legs, back, and face and get thorough coverage when applying this product. I find that I need to reapply this sunscreen every few hours, but I do not burn as long as I keep reapplying this product. Overall, I am very impressed with Coppertone SPF 50+. The price is right and this is a quality sunscreen.

This sunscreen has a little bit of a harsh "chemical smell".

Absorption
This sunscreen absorbs very well.

Ease of Application
I love the spray version of this sunscreen!

Works well for my kids

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

I use the Coppertone SPF 50 for my two small children, and I'm happy with the job it does. I like the spray feature because it is easier to apply to my little moving targets who are always on the go. Even though I think it's easier to miss spots, I find that overall this spray works better than the cream because I am able to reapply it more often more easily than rubbing on the cream. I only use it on their bodies and I use a separate stick on their faces which are more sensitive.

Good, clean, fresh scent. There's nothing too remarkable one way or another about the scent.

Absorption
This sunscreen leaves a light filmy layer. It seems to absorb more quickly than the sunscreen lotions that you rub onto your skin.

Longevity
Since this is what I use with my children, I air on the cautious side and reapply more often than not so I am honestly not sure how long it lasts if you just apply once. When I reapply to them regularly (especially when they are in and out of water), it seems to last well.

Works well and I haven't had any problems with their skin reacting to anything from it.

Ease of Application
Easy application is one of the best features.

• Ease of Application:

Spray on sun tan lotion works like a charm

from north augusta sc

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

I love the spray on Coppertone sun tan lotion! I have been using this along with other sun tan lotions for years. I like this brand because I can spray it on and I use less than the lotion types of sun screen. There is not a scent associated with the spray on lotion, which I like because I do not want my sun block to smell like cologne. The spray does last for a shorter duration than the rub on lotions, which is one of the negatives with this product. It is incredibly easy to use. Simply spray the lotion on your body and rub it on. It absorbs fast on the skin. The sun tan lotion does feel a little greasy when I go swimming. This product is gentle on the skin and I use it on my toddler along with regular sun tan lotion. I found this product to be less expensive than other brands. The protection is also great, which is the main reason I buy sun block. Overall, I would recommend this product.

Longevity
Does not last as long as rub on sun blocks

High protection

• Ease of Application:

The SPF is strong enough to protect my nose and shoulders.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

I am a fan of this particular sunscreen. I've made the mistake of buying the SPF 30 from this brand and it just wasn't strong enough. The SPF 50 is perfect for me. I now try to buy at least an SPF 50-70 to protect my sensitive skin. Even if I have a good base tan going, my shoulders and nose tend to blister and burn and get freckles.

I love the spray bottle in this sunscreen. It makes it so easy to apply. I can spray this on myself all over and let it air dry or I can spray it all over and rub it in to get it to absorb quicker. This lotion is also more friendly for getting help applying your sunblock. Sometimes it's just awkward having someone rub your lotion on but with this spray, there isn't any awkwardness.

I can't spray this on my face. I always spray it in my hand first then apply to my face. This doesn't hurt the effectiveness. I've noticed I don't have to reapply this lotion nearly as much as other lower SPF lotions. I can spray this on, rub it in, and not have to worry so much about getting a sunburn. I feel like my nose and shoulders are getting superior protection with this.

The scent on this varies depending on the product you buy but it isn't bad. It's a mix of tropical scents with a hint of lotion. It's kind of citrus smelling with coconut mixed in.

Absorption
This sunscreen absorbs really well. I usually rub it in to give it some help and it absorbs right away.

Longevity
As long as I don't get in water, this lasts all day with a single application. If I get in water, I usually reapply once an hour but I can easily wait two hours.

My shoulders and nose rarely burn when I use this awesome SPF 50 lotion.

Ease of Application
The spray aerosol makes it so easy and convenient to apply this product.

• Ease of Application:

Very effective sunscreen but tip clogs or breaks easily

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

This is clearly a very effective sunscreen. I spray it on my kids at the beach and if I miss even one sliver of skin on a very high UV index day, I can see the clear differential between their totally unscathed protected skin and the bright red burn mark where I missed. So the product clearly does its job and the waterproof varieties are, indeed, waterproof. My two complaints are that it leaves something of a residue that requires serious soap/shower to scrub off and that the aerosol spray cap to almost every canister I have purchased inevitably becomes broken or clogged.

There's nothing too noticeable or obtrusive about the scent.

Absorption
The product absorbs as it should. The UVA blocking components create a physical barrier as opposed to a chemical one so there is a bit of white film on the body.

Longevity
I know I should reapply after swimming and sweating, but my kids seem to get by a whole day without doing so, or only light touch-ups.

If you are sun-sensitive, this Coppertone SPF 50 really works.

Ease of Application
I give the product a 7 only because of the aerosol cap issue mentioned above. When it sprays, it goes on great, evenly, and easily. But once the spray tip comes dislodged from the nozzle or clogged, I struggle to get the spray out. And this happens a lot, especially in the rough and tumble summer, or in my kid's backpack at camp.

• Ease of Application:

I LOVE Coppertone sunscreens.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

I generally only buy Coppertone Sunscreen because it seems to work the best and I can always find it everywhere. I love how easy it is to apply these sunscreens and how well they work.

The scent of the sunscreens well smells like sunscreen. They all smell the same which isn't that great.

Absorption
I always get the aresole cans of sunscreen for an easier application and just rub it in. These are like a one swipe of your hand and its absorbs right in. There's no need to sit there and rub and rub it in.

Longevity
I always reapply sunscreen on my kids before I really need to but the Coppertone kids lasts the longest I have seen.

I have been using the Coppertone for kids for the last three years and my daughter has yet to get burnt and that is with being outside in the sun all day.

Ease of Application
I love how easy it is to apply this sunscreen on my kids. I literally spray it on and rub it in quick and they are good to go about their day.

Wonderful sun screen

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

Coppertone's spray bottles of sun block are great. I really like how convenient they are, and their protection is really good. I have found through my use that Coppertone's spray is practically scentless. Personally, I do not like the tropical smell, so I really like that this sun block does not have a scent. Also, the absorption is pretty quick. I spray it on my body and just give it a couple of minutes to soak in and then I am good to go for hours. I really like that Coppertone has come out with such a wide variety of SPF fifty and up. I like using the stronger lotions and sprays, so these work perfectly for me. Another huge plus that I have found is that they make very good waterproof products. Whether you are running around or swimming in a pool, Coppertone does not come off easily, so you are always protected. Overall, I am very impressed with the high quality of their SPF 50+ products and would recommend them to anyone.

Does the job

from Country Club Hills, IL

Comments about Coppertone SPF 50+:

We use this sunblock when we go on vacation. We prefer the spray for vacation because it is easier to apply when we are on the go. I like the smell, but only because it reminds me of being on vacation. Since we only use it at that time, it is the first thought that comes to mind when I smell it. Other than that, I would not say that the smell is pleasant. It smells like sunblock. The spray also comes in handy when applying to children. We just spray it in our hands and pat it on their arms and legs. We use the same technique when we apply it to our faces. It seems to provide good coverage. I can definitely tell the difference on the days that I do not use it (I have a dark complexion, so I become noticeably darker when I am in the sun for extended periods of time). This sunblock does leave your skin feeling a little sticky. You will definitely need a shower after using it. However, who does not need a shower after being in the sun all day? Overall, this is a good product.