Other Sunscreens:

Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

You wont break out in zits with Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen!

I am 30 years old and I have been suffering with acne since i was 12 years old. I discovered Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion about 8 years ago. I use it religiously! It works really well to my suprise. I have tried everything, every product out there, this one works really well. I have fair skin so I have to use sunscreen. I was trying to go without it for many years because i also have very acne prone skin. Well i suffered alot of burns and sun blisters let me tell ya! I cant say this product will work the same for everone because we all have different reactions to things. I can however tell you that I always broke out extremely bad on my face, neck, chest and back during the summertime. When I put on the Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen i rest easy knowing I wont get a scorching sun burn or a bad case of acne.

once it gets into your eyes, you're done for the day

I believed the label that said it could give me adequate SPF protection, all while being oil-free and fragrance free, AND while being "hypoallergenic" and how it "won't clog pores," all while being "waterproof." That this product can protect against UVA and UVB rays is probably true. Heck, it might not even clog pores or be hypoallergenic much--I don't know how to test that out scientifically.

What the label won't tell you though is that "waterproof" isn't really "waterproof." Do not apply this stuff anywhere near your eyes, like I did one warm day several months ago. I began to sweat, and some of this allegedly waterproof sunscreen must have gotten past my eyelid. At that point, I began to cry profusely and uncontrollably for 3 or 4 hours. My girlfriend could take photos and enjoy the scenery of the little beachlike, tree-infested wilderness we were at, but I could blink away the tears. What made it comical was how only my left eye got some of this in it. My right eye, well I guess I didn't apply as much of this stuff near my right eye. So I was one-eyed, in pain, and swore never to trust "waterproof" ever again on a sunscreen label.

Best For Acne Prone Skin and Sensitive Skin

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

I bought this sunscreen with a few others from eBay last year, and found that it worked pretty well. I really like the fact that it's hypoallergenic and oil free. It's great for people that have acne prone skin, it doesn't cause acne or make acne it worse. It's also relatively inexpensive when you buy it at Walmart.

This has a really nice scent.

Absorption
It absorbs easily into your skin, it doesn't leave your skin oily like a lot of other sunscreens and lotions.

Longevity
This should be applied about every two to three hours. I usually apply and reapply sunscreen every two to three hours anyhow to ensure you are covered well.

This sunscreen is great at protecting your skin from the sun. I have acne prone back, and it gets broken out at times because of suntan lotion and sunscreen. This didn't make me break out with acne, and it seemed to be a great moisturizer as well.

Ease of Application
This is pretty easy to apply for a sunscreen that isn't oil based.

• Ease of Application:

Put your best face forward!

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

Personally, I need to use a face-specific sunscreen lotion when hanging out in the sun. I do not like the effects of putting "body" sunscreen lotion on my face. This Coppertone is oil-free and it makes a huge difference in how my skin reacts to the application. I am not prone to break-outs but couple a greasy sunscreen with warm weather and a face-only product has a remarkably different effect. This lotion goes on easily and lasts pretty well even in warm or humid weather. I like that it feels light and is not noticeable after application. It does not have an overwhelming scent either; I am somewhat sensitive to fragrances, so I appreciate that. My husband even started snagging it when we go hang out by the pool. He agrees that it is much better to use this than even our standard "Sport" sunscreen. We have never had a problem with burning with this lotion but do reapply when outside for long durations.

A great sunscreen!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

I really like this "oil free" option for sunscreen from Coppertone. I have skin that is prone to breakouts, and if I'm using sunscreen, I'm obviously going to be in direct sunlight, sweating and clogging my pores already. I like knowing that the sunscreen I slather on isn't going to make me break out. It especially gives me peace of mind when using it on more delicate areas like my face and neck. I am always hesitant to use regular sunscreen on my face as I have issues with breakouts, and yet your face is one of the most important areas to protect. I like that this product is not greasy at all and rubs in well-so you don't get that unattractive "white nose" look! I also like the design of the bottle in that the product is always at the bottom where it comes out, so you can be sure you are using up all of it and you don't have to shake it a bunch of times! It seems to last a long time, even after being in the water for a short period.

Good for SPF 30

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

I don't typically use sunscreen lotion that is not at least forty-five SPF, but this is one of the best ones that is thirty SPF. One of the things that I look for in lotion is the effects that it could have on my skin. I hate risking breaking out, but this one is really good and I have not had any problems. The ease of applying this lotion is really good; because of the lack of oil, I have found that it is a lot easier to apply and that it doesn't leave my hands feeling nasty. I don't like looking really shiny after I put sunscreen lotion on, so that's another positive that I like about this. If you are looking for a lotion with not much scent to it, this one is a great choice. The one thing I might would change to this is make it a higher SPF to provide some more protection, but overall it is a really great lotion. I think Coppertone Oil Free Suncreen Lotion is really great. I have recommended it to many people.

Great for oily skin!

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

I love this sunscreen! I have extremely oily skin and it always is worse in the summer months. I love going to the pool but the sunscreen and oil completely clogs my pores. It causes breakouts on my face, chest, shoulders, and back throughout the entire summer. I saw this sunscreen and knew I had to try it due to it being oil free. It worked great for me. I was able to use it on my face and shoulders without having any breakouts. It works great at protecting your skin from the sun but not clogging your pores. I will be using this every summer. I highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin.

The scent is fine. It smells like any other sunscreen. It reminds me of summer so I love the scent.

Absorption
It absorbs quickly. Being oil free, it does not leave you feeling greasy. I usually give it 10 to 15 minutes to dry before sun exposure.

Longevity
I am fair skinned so I reapply frequently. It will last you about an hour or two.

It is highly effective. It keeps your skin safe from burning and also does not clog your pores. It is one of my all time favorite sun screens.

Ease of Application
It is not hard to apply at all.

Coppertone Oil Free is a must for sensitive skin

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

I have tried many MANY different sun screens throughout my life and I have always ended up being allergic to them. I could never go out into the sun and really enjoy it because I could never find a sunscreen that worked. I burn so easily so I absolutely had to have sunscreen. If it weren't for Coppertone Oil Free I would probably never leave my house. It didn't leave my skin oily feeling and doesn't clog pores. Two important things to take into account when using sunscreen. I can now spend a day in the pool with the sun beaming down on me and not have to worry. Depending on how long I stay outside I may need to apply it twice but that isn't a problem at all. Afterwards I don't get the itchy red bumps and rash all over my body like I did with every other sunscreen I ever tried. This is definitely a must for me and anyone else with sensitive skin. I wish they had this years ago when I was a child and was outside more.

An Extra Added Bonus Beyond Skin Care

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

I live in a state where the sun is intense. In my youth, I never wore any kind of Sunscreen. That mistake forced me to pay a penance in the form of painful burns. The mess associated with oily sunscreens was enough to turn me away. Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen eliminates my chief complaint.

There are a few factors I use to determine sunscreen quality:

1: Duration
2: Water Resistance
3: Ease of use; including less mess
4: Protection

Coppertone's oil free formula meets all the criteria, save one (I will discuss that later). When it's time to hop in the pool, I apply a generous quantity of Coppertone on my skin. The sunscreen absorbs well, and leaves no mess behind. Water does not wash it off on contact, and I simply reapply as necessary. This formula is simple; but effective, and achieved very easily with Coppertone Oil Free. Protection is not a large factor in my opinion; simply because SPF30 has always proven sufficient, even in the intense sun of New Mexico.

The product's weakness is duration. During a very intense summer of swimming, I decided to determine how long Coppertone would last. If I waited 45 minutes in between applications, I received minor burns. When I waited more than an hour, I noted almost no effect in protection; as if I wore no sunscreen at all. Applying sunscreen every 45 minutes is an inconvenience, but not serious enough to discourage a positive review of this product.

This product is also easy on sensitive skin. This; of course, is the primary reason for being oil free. However, the added bonus is it doesn't run as much as regular sunscreen. If you use Coppertone Oil Free Formula, you can't loose.

This stuff smells kind of funky, but it isn't nauseating.

Absorption
Coppertone absorbs into the skin quickly.

Longevity
This is where Coppertone falls short. If you wait more than 45 minutes between applications, prepare to face the wrath of Mother Nature.

Very effective for 45 minutes, weak after that.

Ease of Application
The bottle could have a more user friendly means of application; but once the sunscreen reaches your skin, it's easy to rub in.

Great sunscreen

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

Not only does it work very well, but it is also oil-free! That's a big upside for me because the one thing I've always hated the most about wearing sunscreen is that it always left my skin feeling greasy and gross. Plus, this is one if the best working sunscreen I've ever used. It lasts a while and doesn't burn my skin like other brands did.

The scent isn't amazing but it isn't bad, either. It smells good enough for me because it does its job of protecting my skin and that's exactly what it does.

Absorption
This sunscreen also absorbs very well without taking forever to rub in. Also, it doesn't leave your skin feeling oily since it's oil-free.

Longevity
It lasts pretty long for me, I just wish it would last a little longer than it does sometimes, especially because when you use it for going swimming, then it comes off faster.

It is very effective, my skin is always protected and doesn't burn when I use this sunscreen.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply. Goes on smoothly and is oil-free which makes it easier to apply.

• Ease of Application:

Decent smell with great protection.

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

I have sensitive skin, and did fine with this sunscreen. It absorbs quickly - more like lotion and less like sunscreen. And this sunscreen lasted as long as anything else I've used.

I hate the typical smell of sunscreen, and prefer the smell of tanning lotions, but easily burn. This was one of the only sunscreens with enough SPF that I could stand the smell of. It's less strong than most. It was between this and a Neutrogena, and I went with the Coppertone because of the price and was happy.

Absorption
This feels and absorbs a little more like lotion, and this oil-free version feels less greasy. I didn't feel as sticky or oily, and it rubbed in without leaving white spots.

Longevity
I haven't used this sunscreen in the water, but it's supposed to be water resistant for 80 minutes. I burn pretty easily and could go 1 1/2 hours before I felt my skin getting red.

I reapplied every two hours like you're supposed to and did fine with a little redness, but no burn.

Ease of Application
This is a lotion, so you have to rub it in. Since it's oil-free, after you wash your hands, it feels fine.

great sunblock!

from Alabama

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30:

The Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 is a great quality sunblock for anybody wanting to protect their skin from the sun's harmful rays. It is Oil-Free, which means that it is not quite as oily- and greasy-feeling as most other sunscreen lotions that you can find and buy at the store. The price of this sunscreen lotion is fair, and its smell is decent - I don't think there are any sunscreen lotions that actually smell good, but the scent of this sunscreen lotion is about average compared to others. It seems to have a pretty good and particularly quick absorption to the skin, maybe because of this sunscreen lotion being oil-free. It does fairly well in protecting your skin for lengths of time, but keep in mind that SPF 30 only protects your skin so much. While this particular sunscreen lotion does work very well, I would not recommend an SPF 30 for the sunniest of days on vacations and whatnot. Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 is a great product, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try it.