4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Works fine for basic, everyday protection

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

My mom had a melanoma removed 10 years ago (luckily it was caught early and she is completely fine and healthy now), so I became aware of the importance of sunscreen early on in life, and I would always apply a strong sunscreen (SPF 60 or higher) before any extended periods in the sun (like before outdoor runs or swims, etc). However, when I started walking to work a couple years ago, I realized that I need to find a daily use sunscreen to protect against the increased daily sun exposure I now experience. This Coppertone Oil Free Face Lotion was one of the first ones that I tried, and overall I would say it is an effective option.

The consistency of the sunscreen is a little runny, but I found that it blended into my skin well and after 5-10 minutes it had all absorbed. I have somewhat sensitive skin and never had any issue with breakouts or irritation after wearing this lotion. The SPF 30 was effective in protecting my skin from burning during my daily sun exposure time (about 1 hour).

The one thing that I didn't like about this sunscreen was the inclusion of a couple ingredients (including PROPYLPARABEN and OXYBENZONE) which I have since learned may be cause for concern. I have since found a more natural product and use that instead for daily protection.

Oil free is the best!

from Ohio

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

I have had nothing but good luck with this "Coppertone oil free sunblock lotion for faces" It is a wonderful moisturizer without all the extra oils added to it. Some parts of my face already produce way too much oil so I was looking for something to eliminate that. This lotion does exactly that, while protecting me from getting sun burnt. I love that it doesn't hardly have a scent to it so sometimes I will actually wear it under my makeup, even if I'm not going into the sun.

There really isn't much of a scent, which is great because I usually break out from scented lotions.

Absorption
I only use about pea sized dabs of it on each cheek, my chin, neck and forehead. It absorbs right into my skin with no left over lotion lingering around. No grease and no shine!

Longevity
I put it on in the morning, 8 hours later my face still feels super soft and moisturized. I'd say this product lasts for a while.

Ease of Application
Very easy, put your desired amount into your hands or directly on your face and rub it in.

This Sunblock Lotion For Faces Won't Break You Out

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

This is a great sunblock lotion for the face by Coppertone. I thought it would work well and it has. I wanted to try it because it is "oil-free". It worked wonders on my face, and it didn't break me out. I break out a little bit on really hot days. There have been oil sunscreens that make me break out. This stuff is perfect for my face. I was looking forward to trying this Coppertone because it has anti-oxidants and Vitamin E in it. These ingredients are wonderful for the skin and for my face. It goes on soft and smooth and feels good. It is the perfect texture too. It doesn't clog my pores either. I think this stuff would work wonders for ance-prone and sensitive skin too. Frankly, I think it would work on all skin types. It is fragrance-free, so men would probably like this sunblock a lot. It won't make you smell like you just came from the beach either. I wish it had a little bit of a fragrance to it. I like sweet smelling scents. This stuff lasts for hours and hours. It is very effective, and easy to apply. I like the size of the container because it fits into several different beach bags of mine. I can take it anywhere, and I like the price of it as well. You can use this sunblock lotion daily if you want, especially on hot or sunny days. This is a winner by Coppertone.

• Ease of Application:

Blocks the sun without blocking your pores.

from Hoover, AL

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock for Faces works pretty well. I haven't had any breakouts and my skin doesn't appear to be darker. It's a good sunblock for people with sensitive skin.

The product doesn't really have a scent which is good because fragrances can sometimes irritate my skin.

Absorption
I don't like to use too much because it can make my face look very greasy. If you use a quarter sized amount to cover your face you should be alright. Make sure to put some on your neck too!!!

Longevity
I buy the Coppertone with an SPF of 30 and it can last for a while since I don't spend a lot of time outdoors.

It's the first time I have ever used sunscreen on my face (hangs head in shame). I know that I should be taking better care of my facial skin and I like that Coppertone helps.

Ease of Application
Just squeeze a little bit into the palm of your hand, rub it in, and you're good to go.

• Ease of Application:

A very good product that delivers its promises.

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

Great coverage for faces, I really like the spf 30. A great sunscreen for people that have swimming pools because of the oil-free factor.

not much scent at all

blends in evenly

Longevity
stays on even when sweating and swimming

doesn't break out my face as some other sunscreen products do

easy to apply, reapply every 2 hours

• Ease of Application:

Great sunscreen for faces that are sensitive or prone to acne.

from Tiny Town, GA

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

My 19 year old son has skin that is somewhat oily and more prone to acne than the other five members of my family. He and his 12 year old brother also have lighter skin tones than the rest of the family, so they need more protection from the sun than we do.

Since we are all a bunch of beach bums, it is very important to me that I provide my sons with sunscreen that is best for each of them, as individuals. There is not an all in one suntan or sunscreen oil or lotion for my boys and myself. I have to buy what is appropriate for each of us. The product that I have found to work the best for my 19 year old son's, acne prone face is **Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces, SPF 30.**

This sunscreen doesn't contain any oil so it doesn't clog his pores or make his already oily skin even worse. It's also fragrance free, waterproof, and hypoallergenic. All are wonderful assets for acne prone skin!

The 30 SPF UVA/UVB protection provides more than ample protection to keep his face from getting too much sun or burning. It allows his face to tan very gradually without any irritation, which is exactly what he wants and needs.

Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces, SPF 30 is oil free but it contains anti-oxidants and Vitamin E that keep my son's face hydrated in the hot sun. This product actually smooths and moisturizes his face while providing protection from the sun's harmful rays and also keeps it from becoming dry and rough.

I consider **Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces, SPF 30** to be an excellent sunscreen for sensitive or acne prone facial skin because I have seen how well it works over a long period of time. It does it's job extremely well, without fail. It gets a very high recommendation from my son and I, and it deserves all 5 stars!

Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces is fragrance free.

Absorption
It takes a little bit of rubbing to get this lotion to soak in, but that's not a bad thing when it comes to sunscreen. It's best to make sure it's rubbed in very well... It does absorb well, just not instantly.

Longevity
This product says lasts a very long time if you're just walking or sitting around, but you should apply it every couple of hours if you're being active and perspiring a lot. Always reapply sunscreen after swimming, too, even when it says it's waterproof, like this one claims. I have done a lot of research on the subject and most studies show that no sunscreen is truly 100% waterproof.

Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces is a very effective sunscreen, and is especially good for acne prone facial skin. It is oil free, and hypoallergenic, so it doesn't cause acne to get worse, it protects from sunburns, and it even contains anti-oxidants and Vitamin E to help keep your face hydrated when you're in the hot sun.

Ease of Application
It's very easy to apply. ust squeeze some of the lotion onto your fingers and rub it in!

• Ease of Application:

Coppertone Face Sunblock Is A Must Have Product!

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

I have a hard time with burning. Yes, I mean my skin:) Not burning other things. So whenever I go outside, I have to have on a sunscreen. At least if I will be outside for more than an hour. Even in the wintertime I find myself getting really dark skin that burns. And it hurts! Plus I look really bad:(

So, I recently tried Coppertone Sensitive Skin for Faces. This is a gentle formula which is nice. My skin is really oily and if I use regular sunscreen, it often makes me breakout. Which is another bad thing. So I have had to make my choice between burnt or acne spots. Not good at all! So I was just using slight amounts of sunscreen and then taking it off right away when I got home. But that only worked so well. That is why I was glad to find this. It is oil free and is for sensitive skin!! It works great! I really like the smell of it and because it is oil free, I don't have as many problems with breakouts. Overall, I really like this product and the way it works. Not one drawback that I saw.

The only sunscreen I'll use on my face!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Coppertone Oil Free Sunblock Lotion for Faces:

I live in FL so sunscreen is a **MUST**!! I don't go out much but when I do (especially during the summer) this is the only sunscreen I can and will use on my face. I have oily, acne prone skin. I have to be careful of the skin products I use because everything seems to break me out.

I was VERY leary of using this product but it says that it's an "Oil-free formula with a blend of anti-oxidants Vitamins A and E, skin conditioners, and natural hydrating elements". It also says that it's Hypoallergenic and Noncomedogenic so I figured, what do I have to lose? With all those things going for it, I felt that I had a good chance of NOT breaking out from using it and I was right!!

Not only does this not clog my pores or cause breakouts, it leaves my skin soft and smooth. It has a lot of great ingredients in it!! It's basically an awesome moisturizer with SPF instead of a suscreen lotion :) The texture is creamy and not watery and it absorbs very well into the skin. On days when I know I will be out in the sun for awhile I use it ***INSTEAD OF*** my normal moisturizer without problems.

If you are someone with oily, acne prone skin then this is for you!