Other Baby Sunscreens:

Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Coppertone 70+ is a great and easy way to keep kids protected.

Ever tried to take a group of kids to the beach only to struggle with getting sunscreen on them once you arrive?  Well I've been there, and believe me, it's not fun.  Kids have so much energy normally, and once they see those crashing waves, you can forget trying to make them sit still for five minutes while you slather on the sunscreen lotion.  Well, luckily for all of us, Coppertone feels the pain of anyone in charge of kids in the sun.  With Coppertone's 70+ Continuous Spray Sunscreen, all the fuss and drama of sun protection disappears.  The continuous spray means not having to fight with runny lotion dripping down your arms, no rubbing slimy white liquid on an unhappy kid, and no leftover white areas from sunscreen that just won't absorb.  This sunscreen is fast, effective, and a treat to use-even the kids think it's fun.  And even though it's advertised as a kids sunscreen, it's also nice for adults.  When I go to the beach I like to tan for a bit before putting on any sun protection so I catch a few rays without having to burn.  Well after I've been laying on the beach for an hour or so and I've inevitably been sweating, I get up to go put on some sunscreen and wouldn't you know, there are little sand particles all over my body.  Those sand bits certainly don't feel nice when I go to rub in my sunscreen, so a continuous spray option is great.  I no longer have to feel my skin being scratched to pieces and I can feel confident that I won't burn.  This is just an amazing product for the whole family.

Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Just Okay

This was the first spray sunscreen that I've tried.  I got it because I have a problem with my scalp getting sunburned, and I thought a spray sunscreen would be easier to apply than a cream.  I think as far as sunscreen goes, this works great.  I didn't have any problems with getting burned, and it sprays at any angle, which is really convenient.  Since it is clear, it's hard to see where you spray it.  I think this made me use more than I needed to.  And the bottle did seem to go pretty quickly.  I think a cream is probably more cost effective, at least in my experience. Although a spray seems easier with kids.

What I disliked about it (the reason I won't buy it again) is that it made my hair feel disgusting, and it was hard to wash out.  Since I bought it hoping to use it on my scalp to prevent sunburn, I wasn't happy how it made my hair feel.  So even though it did the job of preventing sunburn, I will be trying other sunscreen sprays to find one I like better.

My pale skin loves this.

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

I purchased Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray sunscreen SPF 70 because as a pale woman I need all the extra help I can get from sunscreen so my skin does not turn a hideous shade of embarrassing red. I was a little worried that the spray would not work as well as I had hoped it would, and I was half right in my worry. For whatever reason, the spray stopped working. I am not sure if it was clogged, or if by it sprays from all angles, they really meant hold it upright, but it just stopped spraying even though I could tell there was still product left in the bottle. Other than that extreme disappointment, this stuff worked really well. I was out at a beach for around four hours (I did have to reapply since I was in and out of the water) and I did not get burned at all!

It has a very "sunscreen" type of scent, it smells a tad bit like coconut as well. It is not a bad smell whatsoever, but it definitely smells like sunscreen.

Absorption
I was impressed at the absorption. It says you don't have to rub it in (I did anyway a bit), and it sinks in impressively quickly.

• Absorption:

Reliable suncreen. Use it regularly.

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

We have purchased this sunscreen several times for trips to the beach in the middle of the summer months. I am extremely pleased with this product for my needs and my children's needs. It never once clogged and the coverage was good. The only thing I would say is to make sure that you have covered each area adequately with several crossings. Otherwise, you could burn in between the dots of sunscreen. Love the spray sunscreen because of its quick and easy application and because the kids can reapply it themselves!

The coverage is good. You need to make sure to cross over each area from several directions at least twice. Otherwise, it is easy to burn in between the tiny dots of sunscreen. However, if application is good, we have never burned through this product, even in the mid-summer sun on the beach.

This product does not smell too strongly. Good job on the scent.

Absorption
Good absorption, even when wet, we have had no problems with ourselves or our kids.

• Absorption:

Great for kids on the go!

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

I love this Coppertone Kids continuous spray sunscreen with an SPF of 70. With four busy children, it was important for me to find a sunscreen I could apply quickly and easily, and this product fit the bill. It takes no time at all to line up the kids and spray down arms, legs, necks, backs and fronts. The product was dispensed easily from the bottle, and I never had problems with this Coppertone clogging...other similar products did. The fragrance is light and non-offensive. The protection offered is excellent, assuming that you follow application directions and apply it regularly. It held up well to sun, sand, and water. I do not recommend this product for faces, for the obvious reason that no kids likes his or her face sprayed. I always use a lotion product on the face instead. But for everywhere else on the body, this did a more than sufficient job and offering good coverage and protection. It did not seem to last quite as long as a bottle of sunscreen lotion does, so that is one thing to take into consideration. But it is a great, convenient and quick product for kids on the go. A definite must for busy moms!

Pros and Cons to this Product

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

I bought this product for my two young sons prior to going to the beach. I found somethings that I liked about it and some things that I did not. I loved the fact that it was 70 spf, my kids have very light skin so the the higher the spf the better. I did and did not like the spraying factor. The reason I liked the spraying factor was that when they were all sandy it was very easy to spray it on. The reason I did not like the spraying feature was I was not sure if i was actually covering them. It was much harder to tell if I was getting it all over them evenly. I also could not spray it on their face either and had to get a different type of sun tan lotion for that reason. I also found that when spraying it, it left a residue on the wall and on the carpet after using it. It almost looked as though it was staining it. Overall it did work, but I did not think that it was easier in the convenient factor.

I felt like it worked in keeping them protected but I felt like I was spraying it on my children much more often than I would be if it was not the spray kind.

Smells like any other sun tan lotion. I did not find that it had any special smell to it.

Absorption
Was very hard to tell if it was being absorbed. I felt like I was constantly spraying it on because it gave the look of being "wet" and I was not able to tell if it was actually going into my children's skin or dripping off.

So easy to use

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

I absolutely love the continuous spray with this sunscreen. It take forever to get kids ready to go out in the summer and spending time slather on the sunscreen cuts in to our play time. It is so easy to put this on, even when my kids are having a hard time standing still. The only problem is putting it on their faces. Obviously, you do not want to spray directly on their faces so we do still have to do some slathering by hand, but I feel like I am getting great coverage on the large arm and leg areas. The big downside of this sunscreen is that my son, who has sensitive skin, breaks out when we use it. We had to go with an all natural product for him, but kept this one for the rest of the family. It is a better value and easier to use.

Really cut back on the sunburns this year.

Nothing great, but no complaints from my kids on the smell.

Absorption
A little bit of greasy feeling with this sunscreen since it is not rubbed in to the skin, but it seems to dry fairly quickly.

Good to have

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

I have a young daughter and I like to get her out as much as possible. I found out the hard way that her skin was extremely sensitive. I know that a child's skin was sensitive, but just being outside for fifteen minutes was a little too much. She started turning red really quick. I bought Coopertone kids sunscreen and it was wonderful. It really is not for real young children. They could ingest it, which is not safe, but is a must have for toddlers since being in the house one hundred percent of the time is not possible. Keeping your child's skin safe from sunburns is an important thing to do. I like the 70 SPF because it works great. I have had no problems with it. It doesn't smell bad likes lot of sunscreens I have tried. I would recommend this product to anyone.

This brand is very effective.

It doesn't smell bad at all.

Absorption
Coopertone absorbs really well. There is not a lot of the film feeling like some sunscreens.

like lotion

from Aberdeen, WA

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

smells great and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. sprays nice and bottle doesn't get clogged up.

even in the water it lasted a long time.

smells great. not a heavy scent so that is really nice.

Absorption
no residue left over. feels like lotion

Stellar (great)

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

I recently purchased this product and I love everything about it! The SPF amount is great, it sprays so its easy to apply to squirmy kids, and its lightweight.

I thought it was very effective. I used the sunblock, my daughter swam, my daughter didn't get burned, and I was a happy mommy!

The scent was good. It smelled like every other sunscreen that I have tried.

Absorption
It absorbed very well on my daughter. I was hoping it didn't take a long time to absorb because my daughter hates to wait for the sunblock to dry before she can get in the pool!

Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Just Okay

from North Liberty, IA

Coptone Kids Spray SPF50 kept my active toddler's pale skin SAFE

from Burleson, TX

Comments about Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 70:

This sunscreen is easy to find in the stores I already shop in which is a huge plus for me and it is pretty affordable (at least comparable to other name brands).

It is EASY to spray on an active 2 year old boy and make sure I get all of the hidden spots that the sun seems to get. It covers a lot of area very quickly and speed is necessary with a toddler.  I can get it where sleeves or shorts might move without much time.  We can also spray the top of his head to keep his scalp from burning. Plus, my son thinks the spray is kind of cool!  I couldn't imagine trying to use a cream, rub on lotion on a wiggling toddler who is ready to get in the water!

He has very fair skin (like me so I know it can burn easily) and he spent the afternoon on the river without a hint of sunburn after using Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray SPF 50.  Having some bad burns in my lifetime, I am very particular about sun protection and this has completely protected him whenever we've used it.

The only complaint is that I can't use it on his face.  Maybe you can on older kids but he doesn't understand keeping his eyes closed and not breathing in.  So, I just use a sunscreen stick.