2.7

Cons

For the Infrequent user

from Norman, OK

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

I'm not a huge crock pot user, but I had found several things I wanted to try out, and I found this model for a very good price so I figured why not. I'm glad I went with it! There aren't many settings, and the low does cook pretty warm, but unless you are a crock pot expert who uses it on a very frequent basis, I don't think that's too much of a problem. I like that the ceramic dish comes out so it's very easy to wash, and the dish and lid are both dishwasher safe so that makes it even easier. It's very simple to use and not exceptionally heavy but still durable and pretty good quality. Overall I would say go for a more expensive model if you are going to use it all the time, but it you just want it for the occasional use this one is a good bet.

Burns every thing. Terrible cooker

Burns every thing. Terrible cooker

Time to Heat
Heats up fast was boiling my sauce with in 10 mins of being on.

Cooking Performance
Burns my food. Terrible performance!

I threw it away.. didnt need to clean it.

Just like any other slow cooker. no big deal.

Looks good in the dumpster.

Didnt break when I threw it in the dumpster.

Disappointed, wouldn't recommend.

from Weatherford, TX

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

I have been very disappointed in this Cooks slow cooker. It has porr temperature control at the low setting. On low it starts to boil incessently within a couple of hours and often burns. I would not recommend and will be looking for a replacement.

Pot so hot that it cracked down the side while trying to dish out the contents.

Nice Inexpensive Crock

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

Nice, inexpensive Crock Pot. I bought this Crock Pot a couple of years ago from Jc Penney's and love it. Looks Great, Large enough to cook a decent size Roast, Removable Crock for easy cleaning! I would defintely recommend this to family and friends.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

from Springfield, IL

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

This is the most I have ever spent on a Crock Pot, yet the worst performance of any I've ever used.

"Low" gets blistering hot, and unsafe to leave unattended, unless you want burnt food. I am constantly lifting the lid through out the day to release heat to keep it cooking appropriately. Will never use on a day I am not home all day to watch it. I have NEVER used the high setting~the thought of that is a bit frightening, truthfully!

Cleaning it is also a challange. Perhaps because the food cooks into the pot from the heat? It is something I plan to soak for an entire day after using, and that is so inconvenient to leave on the counter so long after use.

It is nice looking, but a poor performer, indeed

Pretty good crock pot overall

from Danville, VA

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

I asked for a new Crock Pot for Christmas a couple of years ago because my 2.5 quart Rival Crock Pot was just not big enough to cook some of the foods I wanted to cook in it.  I was having to cut pieces of roasts in half just to fit them in the pot.  My parents gave me the Cooks 6 quart slow cooker for Christmas, and it has gotten tons of use out of it.  I make homemade barbecue in it, and the entire boston butt roast fits in it great.  It has two settings, low and high, which allows me to either cook food overnight on slow or to cook it quicker on the high.  It is also good for making macaroni and cheese.

The only downfalls of this cooker is now I have tons of space to cook a roast, but it's a little too big if I'm wanting to make small portions of food.  I'm now thinking I need to buy a small crock pot for small items.  The other issue would be that it just BARELY fits in my dishwasher.  There is only one place that it will fit on the top rack, and I think that even that prevents the top washer bar from spinning. Other than that, it's a great slow cooker!

Best crock pot I've found!

from Jeffersonville, IN

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

After many years of using two tiny crockpots, I finally said enough was enough and wanted upgrade to a larger, more conventional style crockpot.  I actually received this item as a gift and it has been wonderful since the first use.  I love it!

First off, it's super lightweight, even given the really nice ceramic (?) insert.  The insert is also easily removed and washable.  I usually wash it by hand, but I believe it is also dishwasher-safe.  The exterior is a nice brushed stainless steel - will look nice on a kitchen counter if you want to leave it out, although it's also not overly huge and easy to store.  The glass lid is sturdy and can be inverted on the base during storage.

There are only two settings - low and high - but they are enough for your typical crock pot dishes.  I've used the low setting all day and the high setting for a few hours, and the food always comes out perfectly.

I had never heard of the Cooks brand before getting this item, but from this alone I think I'll be taking a closer look at other items under this brand name!

Disappointing

from Addison, NY

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

We got this cooks 6 quart slow cooker as a gift from the inlaws, and it did not last or live up to the department store name or price. It was very disappointing and not worth anyone's money as im finding most cooks brand ( JCPhome) products to be. But that is another post, or two. Anyways I really like slow cookers and this one was horrible. It had little to no features and the handles all broke off within six months even the lid handle, which you really kind of need. The heat selecter knob had three settings on it , off, high and low. Which for a 6 quart cooker is kind of a must have for more options, because it either undercooks or it burns. The slow cooker itself got very very hot to touch and the ceramic insert starting chipping off the black paint even though it was supposed to be dishwasher safe. I would not recommend to anyone that they spend the money on this cooks slow cooker. It is no sufficient to what it says it should be.

For a department store brand this crockpot doesn't live up.

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Cooks Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker:

The 6 quart Cooks crockpot (purchased from JC Penney's) with High, Low, and Warm settings is sufficient for infrequent use, but if you're a crockpot queen you'll want to invest in something much more sturdy.  The glass lid is not as thick as the Rival I previously owned and the stainless exterior is poorly attached to the plastic base, so that if anything slops over the edges it drips into the plastic out of reach of any possible cleaning.  The black ceramic removable pot dulled after the first use and cleaning and now looks dirty all the time.  The power cord is considerably shorter than my old Rival as well, making an extension cord necessary on my countertop.  My first use was to make chili, and it boiled on the low setting.  I had to keep alternating between the low and warm settings.  The thin lid allowed for a lot of heat to escape, but since the low setting was so hot maybe that was a design element.  Overall, this crockpot gets an average rating from me.  It works, but not great.