Other Blenders:

Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment

Pros

Cons

Better than the Magic Bullet

Ok, so I've been bugging my husband to buy a new mini blender with several attachments like the Magic Bullet I used to own. He had kept telling me to wait until we had more money. So, wait I did. And boy, am I glad!  My mom ended up getting us the Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender. So what if the mugs don't have handles? Or that the lip covers aren't color-coded for convenience? In fact, the lip covers don't screw on. They pop on, unlike the Magic Bullet's. They also don't leak when you drink out of them and the plastic gaskets in the blade mechanism seem more durable than those that came with the Bullet. At first my husband was ambivalent about using it, but now he uses the smaller cup and single blade for grinding his morning cup of coffee.  I used it tonight to make myself a strawberry/peach smoothy with milk. I also used it to chop up some frozen berries to put into a cake.

The only thing I do not like about this is that it is so incredibly loud and screechy! Of course, as with all blenders, if you don't have enough liquid in and are chopping something somewhat moist, be prepared to stop, shake it, or even add more liquid to it to blend or chop more easily.

There is no switch to turn it on. You press down for pulse, and press down and turn to it to secure the cup in the notch to keep it on. When you're done blending, turn it back to release and remove it from the machine, and voila!

It comes with 17 pieces:

4 lip covers

2 lids for storing

1 extra gasket cover

2 blades (1 single, one double)

2 filter lids

"Blender" is misleading, but this is pretty decent for a bullet

Make sure you actually look at what the product is before buying it.  This really isn't a blender in the traditional sense of the word.  It does not have multiple settings (just "on") and there is no on/off switch.  Once you plug it in, be prepared for it to come on immediately and make quite a bit of noise.  And, obviously, to turn it back off you have to remove the plug from the wall socket.  You cannot blend more than a cupful at a time and you will have to measure your portions before you load the cup as there are no measurement marks on the sides.  If you are looking for a real blender, buy something else and preferably from a different company.  If you're looking for a "bullet" type blender, this may be what you want (emphasis on the word MAY).

So, unfortunately it does not do very much, but it seems to be good for its limited intended purpose.  I use it to make protein smoothies to take to work for breakfast, and the five cups that come with the machine are extremely useful in that regard.  I do wish that the lids were all "closed" (most of them have holes) so it is a little annoying to switch them out all the time.  Still, it's very nice to be able to make all of my smoothies for the week at once and not have to think about it again.  Also, since this machine is so small, it really does not take up much space.  As long as you have room for a few extra cups, you should have no problem storing it.  This bullet is a great deal for the price, assuming you actually get your rebate.

Along those lines, I suppose I should say that while I do like the product, I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Cooks as a company.  I was supposed to get a rebate and I still haven't received it months later.  Once I get around to digging out my copies that I made of the receipt and submission (really glad I decided to do that), I plan on contacting them about it.  This is why I NEVER do rebate offers - it's such a pain convincing someone that's already gotten paid to give you your money back!  Knowing what I do now about them not providing timely rebates, I would not have purchased this machine.

Excellent for the money

from West Palm Beach, FL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Cons

• Crushing Ice

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

I've owned Cooks blender for just a little over 3 years. It just recently broke and I think it was my own fault for adding to many cubes of ice. Over the years, it has made smoothies, drinks, chopped veggies and fruit, ground coffee beans. It's a very tough little gadget and I highly recommend it. I saw one review where someone said they wouldn't recommend it because you have to plug it in to start it, and unplug to stop it....Come on people..common sense. You plug it in and THEN put the cup in and turn it to do it's thing. I can't believe how stupid some people are! I recommend this blender if you're looking for a personal blender. I'm headed out this afternoon to buy a new one!

A mini-Nutri-bullet

from Woodburn, IN

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

The Cooks 5-in-1 sounds similar to a Nutri-Bullet but not as big, which is fine for single servings. It can do more.than just smoothies and shakes, though, as it has two different blades and the 2 edge blade is great for using this as a small food processor. I've diced vegetables and fruits in this, as well as being able to grind peanuts to make my own peanut butter. Salsas and smoothies have also been made. Since the power is just one level, it might take a little longer than a blender, as the ingredients are turned upside down and it has to slowly work its way up. I do love that I just press down to activate it, instead of holding down a lid while turning on a blender. Also is great that the cups and blades are dishwasher safe and portable. I would definetely recommend this for someone who doesn't need a bunch of bells and whistles for something they may not use all the time, as it is very space conscious and budget friendly.

Blending Power
    Not the best, but it does what it needs doing even if it takes a little longer. Also is only one power so no.guessing on what level it needs.

Versatility
    Smoothies, shakes, salsas, and more can be made with this. Chop your veggies and blend your fruits, taken on the go or just at home. Surprised by how much I can do with this.

Everything is dishwasher safe so very easy to keep up on cleaning. Also the base hardly needs cleaned since no leaks occur.

Very easy to get. Pick a cup, a blade and you're good to go. Even has different tops for whatever you need to do.

I like how its got a lot going for.it, but is small enough to not take up a lot of space. My blender pratically takes half a shelf while this only needs a small corner. Everything else can fit in a drawer or next to.it.

Everything has held up so far for 3 years and I don't see it going anywhere for a long time.

• Versatility:

A great little blender for smoothies

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

I love anything that is convenient and easy to prepare smoothies and healthier drinks so I got myself the Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender. I primarily use my Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender for fruit smoothies and there isn't any confusing parts or attachments for this little blender so that even the children can use it to make their own drinks. This nifty blender will grind, mix, chop, and blend everything you could possibly want in your smoothies or drinks. It isn't noisy like my other blender and I can have my drink ready and done in 10 minutes. The Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender is affordable and there is a wide range of assortment of colours for the Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender so if you’re looking for a blender to match your kitchen colour palette then the Cooks brand has what you desire, mine is silver to match my kitchen area colour scheme. The blender is also durable, easy to clean, warranty guaranteed, top quality brand and was designed well. I recommend trying out the Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender for yourself and see the difference it makes for your smoothie drinks.

Smoothies and baby food

from Country Club Hills, IL

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

I purchased this during a Christmas sale several years ago. I bought one for myself and one for my mom. The sole purpose for both was for our smoothie obsession. We both loved them for that purpose. I later found out that I was pregnant (yay!). This blender worked great as a way to make my smoothie in the morning (craved fruit smoothies and watermelon like crazy!) and take it with me for my morning commute. When my baby began solids, I used this to grate oatmeal to introduce texture. Once he got used to that, I used it to mash up steamed fruits and vegetables. I was able to make a lot ahead of time and freeze them into cubes. The blender made it very easy to make different options for the baby and cleanup was very minimal. I just had my third baby and it is still working great. I use it everyday for my fruit smoothies (craving never went away, lol). I just noticed that there may be a crack in the blade attachment, but it still works fine. I'm seriously thinking about getting another one of this one dies out. My mom still raves about hers as well.

Easy to use for Smoothies

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

I got this blending set for Christmas a few years back and I use it all the time to make many different smoothies. Sometimes blending certain items it hard, but you have to shake it and mix it as well. You can't expect it to do all the work. The cups that came with this set got worn out quickly and they are uncomfortable to drink out of. The lids are pretty pointless unless you are making a powder.

Blending Power
    Eventually blends everything after a little bit of work. Sometimes smells like burning rubber when used for too long.

Versatility
    Can be used for many reasons.

Throw everything in the dish washer except for the port, just simply wipe down with Clorox wipe or something of the sort.

You have to put a little bit of your own work into making anything, but it works.

It's cute and unique.

Plastic glasses break and look beat up relatively fast. Sometimes it smells like it heats up early in use of product.

Best Smoothie Maker

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

Love the chopping blades for crunching up ice and large pieces of fruit. It goes through them like a mini ninja slicing through it. It will go through even frozen fruit.

The blending blades are great for making milk shakes and blending eggs. We've even used it for protein shakes without problems or grit.

The screw on rims are really not all that functional. They don't screw down tightly and one cracked the first time I tried.

The shaker lid works very well. I put regular granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in together and blend. It makes a very fine topping for French toast and other pastries.

Blending Power
    It will slice through frozen fruit and ice cubes without any trouble.

Versatility
    We use it for smoothies, to prepare eggs for scrambled eggs, and for making toppings.

Can't get any easier than dishwasher safe

It has two blades - one for chopping and one for blending. As long as you use the correct blade this is a very functional little machine

Would have been a score of 5 but the rims for the cups don't work.

Has been used weekly for almost two years without any problems

Great blender

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

The cooks power blender is great. My younger siblings can use it easily and set it up. It doesn't make too much noise like most blenders. I haven't really used it for anything else other than too make smoothies and milkshakes and crushing ice. It's great at doing that. It's easy to clean and is small and fits almost anywhere. It's not too expensive and is quick and easy to use. It's a great blender.

We use this a lot!

from Shasta Lake, CA

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

My kids use this blender all of the time. We make smoothies with it every day. It only makes one smoothie at a time, which can be a draw back in some cases, and it works out well in other cases. Very easy to use. It has worked perfectly every time. It's easy to clean. It's small so it stores easily. We really like like it and will continue to use it. I think I would buy another if this one stopped working.

Blending Power
    It blends ice and frozen fruits with no problem.

Versatility
    Can only make one drink at a time.

clean up is quick and easy

very easy to use and to clean

good slim design

seems very durable, make of quality material

• Versatility:

The blender itself is excellent, but the cups are lacking.

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

I bought this cooks 5-in-1 to make my husband his juice (made with beets, carrots, celery and cabbage, all pretty hard vegetables) I have made it two times a day every day for the past year and a half and have not had any trouble with the motor, the blades or the gaskets. (the blades need to be removed and cleaned and put some vaseline on every week so they do not break down) It works wonderfully. However, I do have a problem with the cups. None of the cups work on the blender anymore. They work with the three little plastic clips on the bottom and, I guess with so much usage, each cup has one plastic clip broken and now I do not have any way to use the blender. Does anyone know where the plastic cups could be bought. I was very happy with this blender, it is fast and blends everything. But, I am not too happy that I cannot find any more cups.

Blending Power
    This blender does blender very quickly .

Versatility
    Again, as I stated, I have used it for hard vegetables, or soft fruits and also for nuts.

Very durable, as far as the blender goes, but the cups need a little more work. Perhaps if they made some glass cups, the clips may not break off so easily.

Cooks Power Blender

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender with Attachment:

They do not seem to last too long. I make a health shake at least 5x a week and my second blender just bit the dust. Both times the motor went in less than or close to a year after I purchased it. I liked the convenience of making a small amount. Mixed blueberrys soy and milk for a daily shake and the motor did not hold up. Not sure why, this will be the last time I buy this type of mini blender. Looking for other more durable and reliable product.

Blending Power
    did not mix frozen fruit well

Versatility
    was ok did not have a problem with the size of the container

was easy to use, yet sometimes did not blend things up all the way

fits on counter, small convenient, yet very very loud

not long lasting at all