View more Stand Mixers

Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer

Love it, Works great!

from Rogers City, MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Can't find other attachments

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies
  • Pies

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

Love it. Makes great noodle dough. Bought it a few years ago and don't know what I would do with out it. Only thing is I can't find attachments for it. Have the ones that were with the mixer but would like to find the other things that go with it.

Cooks Stand Mixer

from Bronx, New York

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Heavy Duty
  • Speed Control (Variable)
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Is Discontinued and can't find attachments

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies
  • Candy
  • Meringue
  • Pies

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

I bought this mixer a few years ago at a Black Friday event. I loved this unit so much that I decided to purchase all the attachments and make it a multi-tasker, unfortunately, as soon as I decided to do so, The unit was no longer available. I contacted JC Penney corporate office and had no luck. To this day, I still use this mixer regularly. Still hoping that one day I find someone that has the attachements and wants to sell them to me. (Pasta maker, Blender, Meat Grinder/Sausage maker, etc..)
The best mixer I even owned.

A very good durable mixer!

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

I have had this mixer for three and a half years. I have really enjoyed this mixer. It has a good motor that is not too loud. The only problem I have with this mixer is that it doesn't mix to the bottom of the bowl very well, but that is easy to fix by scraping the bowl. I also use the blender attachment and that has worked wonderfully. I use this mixer at least 3 times a week and it is still going strong. My mother and two of my sisters have the same mixer and theirs are at least four years old. My mother's latch attachment broke this summer but she is a cake maker and her mixer has been used a whole lot. She loved it and said is was the best mixer she ever had.

Mixing Performance
It mixed well but always check the bottom of your bowl. You may find a narrow layer that is unmixed.

My mother made several wedding cakes with this mixer. I would estimate that she made at least 20 several tiered cakes. That does not include all the other times she would use it or my four sisters. Needless to say this mixer can go for a long time.

• Mixing Performance:

Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer is a very intriquing find!

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer is a very intriguing find! I say that because of its very creative and chic, space-aged design. It's quite lovely to look at because it looks like it's from a place that's out-of-this-world. I really like the "steel" it's made of and the "bright silver color with delightful black detailing". The problem is that it is very big. I like smaller mixers than this one. It does work well though! It will mix up almost anything you put in it, even nuts, as long as they're not super hard. It will hold a lot of things all at once. It doesn't take long to mix things either. It has different speeds, which you can adjust, which makes this all the more cool to use. This mixer can stand alone, all by itself. In other words, you don't have to hold it while you’re mixing, except when you are going to remove the mixing bowl. It's not perfect for the reasons I stated previously. (It's big and bulky.) I prefer smaller and thinner mixers. It can be a bit on the expensive side to buy one too. I give this mixer (4 STARS), but I only give it a "7" on a scale of '1-10". If you want a mixer that will mix fast, stand-alone and do a good job, then you’ll like this one.

• Mixing Performance:

Excellant Mixer wouldn't ever switch back

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

I have had this mixer for 2 years and its served its purpose, I have used it for mixing cream for pies, brownies, cakes, cookie dough, to beat eggs for scrambled eggs. I only have 3 attachments for it, a wisk, the mixer, and the bread kneeder. I have only used the first 2 attachments. Like I said in the title i would never switch back to a hand mixer. When i mix up Heavy whipping cream I will put the liquid in the bowl start the mixer then go do something else while its mixing. It would of taken forever with a hand mixer. The stand-up mixer saves time

Does the job

from Fort Stewart, GA

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

My mom bought this for me before I got married because she knows how much I love to bake. We share that passion and have always used her 20 year old mixer. Perhaps they don't make things like they used to as I'm always hearing. Or maybe I just got spoiled with my mom's very nice mixer, but this one seriously can't hold a candle to an old school mixer. My mom's mixer would spin the bowl for you came with 2 sizes of glass bowls and had many more settings than the Cooks one. I loved that old mixer. This one by Cooks will do the job. I don't think I've seen any "modern day" mixers spin the bowl for you any more or even come with another size bowl. If you are, however, looking for something to mix your ingredients and help you bake and share the passion, this one works. I don't see the need to spend all that money on a Kitchenaid one but I'm not doing anything too serious. It comes with a bread mixer attachment, which is nice. It's cheaper than many of it's rivals. It'll do the job, but it's nothing like an old school mixer. And, yes, it is VERY heavy to get down from my cabinets and also I have to stop the mixer and release the top portion in order to add ingredients appropriately. That's a tad inconvenient.

Cooks Stand Mixer is powerful, quiet, and useful!

from Lexington, MO

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

Cooks 5 quart 12-speed stand mixer is a great addition to my kitchen! I have never had a kitchenaid mixer, so I can't compare, but this one works just fine for me. The dial that controls the speeds has no notches in it, so you can just turn it smoothly until it is at the speed you want. The mixers speeds are quite accurate as well. The slow speed is nice and does not send flour shooting out across your kitchen and the high speed is more powerful than anything I have ever used. The bowl locks into place in the base so that it doesn't move when you are mixing and it comes out easily when you are ready to take it out. The bowl and mixer attachment both clean very easily and I even put them in the dishwasher and it works just fine. There is a plastic lid if you are mixing something very messy, although I do not often use it because I don't find a need. The outside of the mixer is a nice finish too, it doesn't show dirt easily and if it does get dirty it wipes off very easily, even after the mess has dried on it. I would highly recomment this mixer! I love it!

Quite, Smooth, and has power

from Big Spring, TX

Comments about Cooks 5-quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

I bought this cooks mixer, and also had a Kitchen aid mixer 5 qt. pro.

The Cooks Mixer suprised me because it was smoother running, quiter, and did all things that other mixers do.

I would buy another Cooks