4.1
146KRAM, 146LDF, 146X
Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer

Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer

4.1

This WAS my favorite hair dryer.

I owned this blow dryer for oh...I'd say 3 years. The first day I got it I absolutely loved it! I thought it was the best blower dryer ever. I never had any problems with it. I used it every single day. Well, about 3 weeks ago, it started making a noise, like it was struggling. I cleaned out all the lint and dust and figured it would be okay, but the sound got worse. Eventually, it got so bad, it was unbearable. It even somehow set off my fire alarm! There wasn't even any smoke! Just a bad smell. So, something had to be burning. I replaced it, and am happy I got a new one. So, If you are interested in this blower dryer, I do recommend it, just replace it after 2 years to be safe.

Not the best for coarse or thick hair

I was disappointed with this blow dryer.  My daughter has thick, coarse, curly hair.  Coarse hair takes a lot of heat to blow dry in a timely fashion.  When our last blow dryer burnt out, I got this one.  It's supposed to be powerful and dry fast, but I found it to be just the opposite.  It took forever to blow dry her air.  There's a turbo button you can hold down for extra heat and pressure, but unless you want to try to hold the button down the hold time, its going to take a long time to dry coarse, curly or thick hair.  I guess if your hair is fine or average, it would probably do an adequate job.  The plus of this blow dryer is that its reasonable priced. Also, it comes with the necessary attachments for directing the heat or for diffusing the heat. I have also found that the cord easily tangles. I haven't found that the ionization being on or off makes a difference with this, or any other blow dryer.  Overall, I would have to say this blow dryer is average at best.

blows smoothly and I like the warm setting

from Mankato, MN

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

The blow dryer works well and doesn't seem to make my hair get all static or frizzy or left feeling dried out. I like the different settings and I often use warm rather than the hot setting or hold the hot heat away from my hair a little. The blow dryer seems to work well for drying my hair quickly and efficiently. It also works well with the various hair products that I may use in my hair. If I use mousse in my hair while it is still wet and then use the conair blow dryer, my hair is left not frizzy and feels smooth and silky. My kids have bumped and dropped my blow dryer on various occasions and it is still going strong and I have had it for several years now and use it often. The dryer seems very durable and takes wear well. Like most hair dryers, the noise is somewhat loud, but not deafening or as loud as other blow dryers. Overall, it seems like a good product for the price paid.

• Drying Time:
  • Settings/Features:
  • Noise Level:

Great - Works like a char.

from Dunnellon, FL

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

I have enjoyed this product.  I works great with my straight hair.  It has hot warm and cool settings which is great for blow drying my childrens hair.  It also has a low and high setting.  I have not had any complaints with this product and I have had it for a few years and it is still going.

The Conair Ion Shine is a Workhorse!

from Marysville, WA

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

I've had this hair dryer for at least four years. I use it every day on my long, thick, curly hair, and it just keeps on going. I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it, and after burning out many hairdryers, I'm happy to have one that has lasted. I like the fact that this dryer seems to be more gentle on my hair. Curly hair tends to dry out quickly, but this hair dryer doesn't make the problem worse. In fact, it makes my hair more manageable than when I let it air dry. It is not a perfect hair dryer, however. I was completely dissatisfied with the difusser. It does not diffuse the air at all and ends up blowing my hair into a frizzy mess. I threw it out and bought another one. I also don't like the two-setting options. One is too low and the other is like a huricane. Anyone ever heard of "medium?" The cool button has to be held down, which is not too bothersome for me because I don't use it very often. But when I do, I find it annoying. The cord is nice and long, and I like the fact that the dryer has a filter you can access to clean so the motor doesn't get overheated.

Great drying power with the conair ion shine hair dryer!

from s pasadena, FL

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

I bought the Conair ion shine 1875 watt hair dryer. It's wonderful. My hair is very thick and long and the drying power is just unbelievable. It used to take me at least 1/2 hour to dry my hair. Now I am done in 10 minutes and on my way out the door!

'

The Conair Ion Shine 1875w Hair Dryer works well but SLOW

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

After my last hair dryer gave up the ghost, I looked online and found a few great reviews for the Conair Ion Shine, so I choose to replace my significantly more expensive CHI hair dryer with this very affordable hair dryer that I purchased from Target. The original packaging is nice, it is a clear plastic box that shows off the hair dryer while at the same time showing the two attachments that you get with the dryer - a funnel that targets the heat and a diffuser, both of which I use semi-frequently.

The dryer works very well and leaves my hair feeling very soft and not overly processed or too brittle from drying, but drying my hair takes AGES. I have lots of very very baby fine hair, about shoulder length, and it takes over 10 minutes to dry my hair in the morning, and that is when I'm not trying to roll brush it or anything fancy. The ion charge is obvious, since my hair is shiny even before I flat iron and it is quieter than my old dryer, but I miss the speed of drying with my old dryer.

Good hair dryer for the price

from Riverview, FL

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

I purchased this hair dryer a few months back when my last Conair hair dryer finally bit the dust. I have had good luck with Conair hairdryers overall. The one time I tried another brand, it only lasted six months before it stopped drying. All the Conair ones I have had have lasted at least two years each. I purchased this one because I like having one with a higher wattage, and the shape of the handle felt good in my hand. The switches are easy to use, and the cool air button is in the right place to make it easy to push. The volumizing attachment works well on my hair. I have very fine, thin hair, and need a lot of volume, and so far I have not had any complaints about the results with this dryer. My hair looks shiny, and feels soft and sleek, without feeling burnt or fried. The dryer heats up quick and dries my hair fairly quickly. I like that the Ion part can be turned off, when the weather is dry using the Ion feature gives me fuzzy hair.

Great value

from Encinitas, CA

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

So many people say that you must have a quality blow dryer for your hair...and I couldn't agree more. But what I don't agree with is that quality has to be expensive. I often say you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to beauty items, but for this blow dryer Conair makes a quality product that will not break the bank by any means. I absolutely love this product as it leaves my hair dry but not frizzy or damaged. Even though it's great, I still try and use it only a few times a week because I don't want to apply so much heat to my hair but if I wanted to this would be the product to use as it is so great about keeping hair shiny and healthy even after the abuse of constant everyday heat application. I just can't believe that my favorite blow dryer is Conair. The value is incredibly and I love it so much more than my way over priced other expensive blow dryers because this one is even better than those!

Conair Ion Shine broke after 2 years

from San Pablo, CA

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

I bought this blow dryer because it was reasonably priced and I really needed a blow dryer.  It worked great, but nothing special.  I only use it a few times a week, and after 2 years, it finally broke on me.  I don't know the reason why and I never used it in a way that it would break.

I guess for the price I paid, I shouldn't be suprised by how long it lasted.

A hair dryer that truly does what it says

from Sandy, OR

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

This is a fantastic hairdryer.  It's not too bulky, but still has all the "bells and whistles" that some of the more expensive dryers have.  The ion feature really does work to smooth our frizz.  I (luckily) have never had that problem with my hair, but my sister used this once and now owns one of her own and LOVES it.  She has always had problems with frizzy hair (especially when it's humid) and flyaways.  Since owning this, I have not heard her complain about her hair once and it's amazing how smooth and "tame" it looks now!  It has also worked wonderfully on my hair as well, which is much finer and naturally a bit smooth.  It gives it a wonderful shine and dries thoroughly, leaving it with more body than many other dryers.  I love the various heat (as well as cool) settings and the ease in handling this hair dryer.  As I said before, it isn't bulky at all, making drying your hair less akward and less of a chore than many of the other dryers that have the ion feature.  I even used this at Christmas time (on the no-heat setting) to dry the icing on our gingerbread house which was not setting.  Took about 2 min and it was done.  So it even has multiple uses!  (Not that I recommend using it on anything other than hair of course, but I'm just saying!)

Another plus is that you are able to turn the ion feature off (in addition to the different heat/no heat settings), so it really is something that just about everyone can use.  It has lasted us forever and I plan to replace it with the same model when this one eventually dies (if ever!).  Personally I did not have the issue with not being able to turn on the dryer with one hand, but I'm used to trying to do many things one-handed (with little children in tow), so this might be an issue for some.

All in all, I'm very happy with this.  I love finding high quality products at affordable prices and this one hits the mark.

Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer is the BEST one I have EVE

from Williamsburg, VA

Comments about Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

**My hair is baby fine and I go to the salon MONTHLY for high and low lights. THIS hair dryer does NOT damage my hair...IN FACT it "makes it BETTER"! I ALWAYS use the ion setting and does it ever make my hair SHINE! Plus it is so VERY easy to use! I love "the gun style" as it helps me to dry the sections of hair I wish to dry! I have had so VERY MANY hair dryers in my life, but this one is the BEST so far! Please try it as I do believe that YOU will agree with me! 'Happy styling!**