Other Misc. Styling Tools:
Conair
Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173

Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173

A round brush, blow dryer, and straightener in one!

My hair is extremely thick and heavy. It also has a slight wave to it. If I don't blow dry my hair with a round brush, I end up with lifeless, limp hair - especially if it's hot outside or if there's any hint of humidity in the air. My hair is also about chin-length, so it's not like I can just pull my hair up in a pony tail. If my hair goes limp, there's nothing I can really do about it.    My hair routine used to take about 30 mins because I had to use both the dryer and the round brush. It took so long! This little gadget cuts my time in half. And if I bundle my hair up in a towel and let it sit that way for about 10 mins, it's even faster. It also gives my hair INCREDIBLE body and volume. It's SO easy to use too. Kind of like a comb or a brush...or even a flat iron. You just section out a section of hair and slowly "brush" (underneath the section to slightly curl it under or over top of the section to flip it up) the hair. You only have to go over the section a few times before it dries it. You can also adjust the amount of tension that the "brush" uses to pull your hair out straight.     I've used all of those "hot air brushes" including "professional" ones and this is the best I've ever used. For one thing, it heats up a lot hotter than those types of brushes. The air coming out of it is more forceful and stronger. And the tension discs make it alot easier to get the hair drier and straighter in as little amount of time as possible.     The only issue I had was that it doesn't completely get rid of my slight wave. It's not that big of a deal, since it doesn't bother me a whole lot. I think this product is mostly made for people who are looking for more body and volume in their straight or slightly wavy hair. If you have curlier hair, you'll probably have to try the full sized Infinity blow dryer tool.     Bottom line - this is the easiest way to get the effect of a blowout. If you use a round brush and a blow dryer, you could not get the same effect in the same amount of time with the same amount of work. I know this product may seem kind of expensive, but it's worth it. If you can afford it, buy it!

Only for strong hands!

I had wanted this product for a long time after seeing it on TV.  I found one (used) on Ebay, which that should have told me something.  After getting it, I was taken back by how heavy and bulky it felt in my hands, but wanted to give it a fair shot.  I played with this for several days only to come to the conclusion that I just couldn't manage this.  Although everything swivels and such, I just couldn't get the right angle or position for this to feel comfortable. I kept bonking my head with the dryer or I couldn't get enough hair in the attachment to do anything.  After about an hour I did manage to finish and I did LOVE the results. My hair had volume and was shiny and straight; something that usually requires a blow dryer, straigtener and several products later.  I just couldn't see going through this every day or every other day. I did not look forward to tackling this machine after my shower!  I looked at it like it was a beast from h***!  I did find the same brand/style but in a stick-like model and it works MUCH better for me.  It works the same way, but it's a sleeker, easier to manage piece, and I LOVE it! Finally!

Good for the price.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

So. Hair dryers. For guys, totally optional, except in the dead of winter when you have nothing else standing between you and hypothermia. My nth hair dryer broke, so I was so sick of trying to shop for the best one and just bought the first one I found, which was this. (Note: mine is not pink). That was 15 months ago, and this hair dryer has survived a lot of abuse at my hands. It dries my hair reasonably quickly, is a tad loud, and seems to not 'damage' my hair from repeated use. I guess it's those tourmalines, though I have no idea how that works. Anyway, surprisingly long-lasting and effective for the price. Sometimes I wish it worked faster, but that's about my biggest complaint. The design is somewhat lacking, but it is functional enough, and if it's too heavy for you....I'm not sure what to say. (Some of the other reviewers were mentioning its weight and general unwieldiness were problematic).

Conair Infiniti Hair Designer is a good tool!

from Manvel, TX

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

I like the concept of the Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer.  It is supposed to be your one stop for blow drying and straightening.  The design is pretty creative.  There are three rollers that glide down your hair to straighten and dry.  One of the rollers is flocked with a velvet material.  If you do not detangle your hair well prior to using the Conair Designer, your hair will get stuck in the rollers.  That is very unpleasant!  It also gets incredibly hot on the highest setting---to the point of burning your skin!  It is a bit of a dilemma because the high is too hot and the cool is too low and the middle does not quite dry quick enough.  If Conair could work out the temperature issue, I would give it an extra star.  There is a tension knob on the side that keeps tightens the rollers.  For straighter hair, turn the knob to 1.  For kinkier textures, the knob should be on the 4.  Also, if you put a lot of products in your hair, you will need to clean it frequently.  I just use Q-tips.

Love it

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

I was given this gift for Christmas. Even though I didn't need a new one my aunt thought that I did and she got it for me. I was just going to re-gift it and hang on to it so I'd have a gift for somebody sometime if I needed one. Well, she took my other blow dryer away and MADE me use this one. Boy I am glad she did. I love it. I love the way it makes my hair feel afterwards. You wouldn't think a different blow dryer would make your hair change but it does. Well, maybe it was for the product I was using on my hair and the blow dryer but its still the same thing I guess. It didn't frizzy out my hair like I have had a lot of them do in the past. Which is why I always HATE trying or buying new ones. So, getting one as a gift from somebody that I know and trust makes it even better! It will go with me on the trips and move I plan on doing this summer. SO we will see how long it lasts and holds up for me! I can always get another one.

Sheer awesomeness!!!!!!

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

I have UNCONTROLLABLE hair, the frizz is just ridiculous to apoint I mostly just wear a ponytail... however this device is awesome, wet ot dry (best if wet) it will rapidly take the curls out of your hair and leave a great bounce to hair, sometimes just my front will curl up so it gives a perfect touch up, it cannot be abused too much since it does heat up your hair a lot but if you use a GOOD heat protection product you are set to go, I LOVE this product.

Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer hairdryer

from Monticello, KY

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

Conair Infiniti tourmalene hair dryer is an excellent gift idea, i have a teenage daughter whom obsesses with the mirror and getting her hair and makeup done, and she is not an easy one to please, but with all her pickiness i still wouldn't change a thing, and she loves this hairdryer.  Our children grow and we watch them blossom before our eyes, and as they grow they need good products that they can depend on and that won't break a parents pocketbook, Conair offers these products. Good quality , good design, with a brand name you can count on. A unique hairdryer that you'll wish you bought one for yourself as well.  A easy gift idea that all will love, whom doesn't need a hairdryer, a good compact hairdryer is handy to have. Easy to use, designed well and easy to operate, gets hot enough to dry hair with multiple temperature settings. Conair has been around for quite awhile always reinventing it's self with better and easier products.  This is an excellent Christmas gift idea especially if you have a teenage girl on your shopping list this holiday season.

Two steps in one!

from Lemont, IL

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

The Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer is the perfect tool to give you that perfect 'do that looks like it took a very long time to master.  The addition of the straightener-comb part really gave me shiny straight hair without all the work.  Like other reviewers, I blow dry my hair with the dryer only, until it is about 75% dry.  Then I put on the attachement straightener-comb. This is when my style is created.  The attachment can be put on at different angles, giving you the ability to straighten your whole head comfortably.  Just a couple of runs down the strands of hair is all that it needs.  The hot air from the blower and the comb attachment work beautifully without harming your hair.  You don't need the direct heat of a flat iron straightener damaging your beautiful hair.  The Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer also saves you time with the straightener attachment and the blow dryer in one.  You don't need the extra steps to get shiny beautiful hair.

Conair Infiniti Tourmaline, awesome product.

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

I was looking for a good hair dryer with control frizz straighterner, because I have long extremely frizzy hair.

awesome product because protect your hair from heat damage and have adjustable setting to cater to any hair type.

I have had this hair drayer for more than 1 year.

Great long lasting resolt use it for wet or dry hair.

Its great but not the best!

from Sequatchie, TN

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

I have 2 hair dryers and this is one of them. It has a few attachments, one is the staighner, it works pretty well for me but it could work better. The styling attachment works perfect and I lok to use it to dry my roots really good! It does get alittle too hot and it starts to smell like its burning and its done that since I got it!Other than that its really good! I dislike that you have to hold the cold button the WHOLE time. Grrr...

Couldn't live without my Conair Infinity Straightener

from Dawson, GA

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

I have long extremely frizzy hair.  I either have to straighten my hair everyday or go around looking like I've stuck my finger in a light socket.  This is no exaggeration.  My hair has a mind of its own.  I have owned several hair straighteners in the past but the Conair Infinity is by far the best one yet.  It has multiple heat settings - from low to extremely high but for my hair it is always on the HOTTEST!!  I use my Conair Infinity hair straightener every day.  I wouldn't think of leaving home without straightening my hair with the Conair Infinity hair straightener first.  It is made of quality construction - believe me I really put them to the test.  I have used other models and have broken all of them until getting the Conair Infinity.  It heats up quickly and does an excellent job.  It is easy to use.  I can go from outrageous hair to straight shiny locks in no time at all.  My daughter uses it as well and loves it.  It is the best.  I don't know what I would do without the Conair Infinity.

Love at First Use

from Kapolei, HI

Comments about Conair Infiniti Hair Designer Hot Air Styler BC173:

I just bought this dryer today, and I absolutely love it.  I took a shower just to be able to try it out.  I was able to dry my hair straighter than I ever was able to before with just my hairbrush, and then I used the straightening attachment.  I saved soo much time and my hair looks really great!  I was able to dry and straighten in the time it used to take to just dry!  And I got this on sale!!!  What a great hair day it is.....  :D  By the way, when I first got it out of the box, I thought it looked weird, but it wasn't bulky or heavy at all.  I was a little surprised when I saw other people had said that because it was very easy to use.  It comes with an instruction book and a DVD, so it's pretty much goof proof.