3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Best for touchups or bangs

I bought this flat iron as a second one - to use more for quick touch ups after having used my primary Hot Tools flat iron. The price was right, as was the size – I could easily stash it in my overnight bag or desk at work. It is a one-inch flat iron so it would take quite awhile to use it on a full head of curly hair that you want pin straight (which is the look I’m after) so I use my 2 ¼ inch Hot Tools flat iron for the initial straightening and I wouldn’t recommend this product for that purpose. But if you have bangs this is perfect – the small one inch size prevents you from burning your forehead and ensures that you can get your bang hair in between the paddles. Another benefit is that it doesn’t take long for this to heat up so it makes me want to use it more often for these touch ups – just a few extra minutes of effort and my hair will look (and I’ll feel) much better. One thing I definitely like better about this model over my Hot Tools one is the weight – this one is much lighter so your hand doesn’t tire out as quickly. But I wish the On/Off button was in a different place because sometimes I accidently turn it off while I’m in the middle of using it.

Doesn't get as super hot as some flat irons so it may be tough to get really curly hair pin straight without a lot of effort and re-flattening the same strands. But the hotter it is the more damage it'll do to your hair so maybe it's a good thing.

I've had mine for four years and it works like new still, even though I travel with it and don't take particularly good care of it (I don't have a flat iron case).

The Little Engine That Could

This would be a great flat iron for someone who didn't have hair like mine, or at least not as thick, My sister thankfully has thick hair but it is wavy and doesn't take a lot to straighten other than time since her hair is about 3 feet long (I'm so jealous). It did last a long time and you can't beat the price...it just wasn't for me. But the iron did work fairly well...it tried its hardest. It got hotter than a lot of other irons I have seen comparable to this one. It was easy to use, had a long cord, and was designed in a way that it was pretty hard to burn yourself if you got close to your scalp. My mother uses the same flat iron for her hair and swears by it which is why I purchased it in the first place. Sadly it doesn't work as well in my hair.

This iron did an okay job of getting my hair flat but it wouldn't stay straight and my roots were just too thick for it to work. The only time I could get my hair straight while using this was after I had it chemically straightened which kind of defeated the purpose if you ask me.

This was a tough little iron if there ever was one. I abused it daily with my super coarse, super thick and SUPER nappy hair. I have spent countless hours trying to straighten my hair and out of all the irons I have ever owned this one lasted the longest. I had my con air for about 6 years before it finally died. I would always use it on its highest temperature setting since I cannot straighten my hair with anything less than molten rock temperatures. The ceramic did start to wear off after about 2 years but I used a llittle extra flat iron heat protectant spray and it had little difference on how the iron glided.

The Little Engine That Could

from Boston, MA

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

Great for occasional use.

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

I bought a Conair hair straightening flat iron to use on days when I don't want my curly hair to be curly (or frizzy). My hair is just curly enough to get frizzy, and it's a shorter length, so this is a great product for me to use once or twice a week when I want to change things up. I'm not sure if it would be good to use every single day, but it's perfect for what I want.

This flat iron gets hot enough without getting too hot, and usually I can do all my hair in less than 5 minutes. It's wonderful at smoothing out frizz, and then my hair stays straight all day without any trouble, even in humidity.

I've had this flat iron for about 2 months and have used it about twice a week since I bought it. I haven't had any durability issues, and I really do think it will last a long time for me. I would maybe get a higher end version (either ConAir or another brand) if you're looking for something more heavy duty.

Works great, cost is really reasonable and no burnt hair!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

I have tried many of the straightners in the market and have had little satisfaction with any of them until I tried this one. It instantly surprised me with it versitility. You can use it wet or dry, I know that is nothing new, but all of the other straightners that I tried that were wet to dry ALWAYS burned my hair. So I kept using it just waiting for it t let me down and a little over two years later I am still a satisfied customer. And when you factor in the cost, as compared to those so called great straightners that are available you can't beat i!

Let me say I really love this product, it is very effective. It continues to straighten my hair and it still does not burn my hair ever. I use it almost every day and it has not given my any problems it continues to heat evenly and maintain a good even hot temperature.

Like I have said before I have been using this straightner for over two years and it works just as well today as it did the first day I tred it. I do love this thing and you should try it.

It's a good beginning iron for all ages.

from West Virginia

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

My Conair iron was one of my first irons I ever got. I bought this in high school when I started straightening my hair. My hair is pretty straight to begin with but it has a few kinks and waves in it. I bought this to get my hair board straight and it works well.

I don't like that my iron doesn't have any heat settings. It has a low and a high setting but I can't choose a temperature on it. I can't set the heat up or down for thicker settings. I wish it had more of a level setting instead of just low or high. I also don't like that it doesn't have a beeper when it is heated up. I have to keep an eye on the light to make sure it's warmed up.

With all that being said though, this is a great iron for beginners. It was my first iron and it got the job done. I can put thick sections or thin sections of hair in this and get them straight. I tend to set the iron on high to get it hot, then turn it down on low and it retains most of its temperature. It doesn't work on wet or damp hair but it does get my hair straight after I've let it air dry.

There are better irons on the market but at the time I purchased this, I really needed something simple for my first iron. It worked well and it has lasted a long time.

It works well on dry hair and does a good job with thick and long hair. I can't use it on wet or damp hair though.

This iron has lasted me nearly ten years. I get it out occasionally and use it.

Good straightener but not the best.

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

I own this hair straightener. It is a good straightener for the price I paid. I couldn't afford one of the more expensive straighteners. It definitely helps my hair be straight but it doesn't do as good of a job as the more expensive ones my hair stylist uses. It does get the job done though. I already have pretty straight hair with just a little wave. This straightener may not work as good for someone with wavy or curly hair. I'm not sure it would have enough power to get wavy or curly hair straight.

It gets the job done. It definitely straightens my hair. It takes a couple times going through it but it gets the job done. It doesn't work as good as other ones but it is also a better price than a lot of others you can find. I would recommend it for hair that isn't too wavy.

I have had no problems with this. I have owned it for about three years and it is still working great. I don't use it every day but I have had no problems with it at all.

middle of the road

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

I currently own this flat iron and for someone like me with almost straight hair already, it does the job well enough. I would not suggest it for curly hair.

I have noticed, after using higher-end flat irons, that this one doesn't seem to get as hot as others on the higher settings.

This iron is very simple. It has the on/off buttons and a dial that goes up to 30...30 being the hottest. I would suggest leaving it on 30, as anything lower is hardly warm.

This product tends to crimp hair if the handles are not squeezed just right. If you squeeze to lightly, it will not work but if you squeeze too hard, it grips the hair and leaves a big crimp. If you can get it just right, it works okay. It WILL eventually straighten but it takes going over the same parts a few times.

The one good thing I can say is that for the cheaper price of this flat iron, it does not break easily. I have never had mine break or the hot plates coming loose.

For the price I guess it wasn't THAT bad

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

When I first purchased my Conair flat iron, I actually really liked it. I have long, thick hair, and you can't use one of those tiny pencil straighteners on it, or it gets crackly and frizzy, but this flat iron did a nice job because it got hot quick and it was a larger surface. I've never paid attention to the material that the plates are made out of in any of my flat irons, but this was apparently supposed to be superior materials. I can say that the only thing that held up on the flat iron was the plates!

It straightened my hair well!

I dropped my flat iron once, not hard or very far, but it must have loosened things, because after that it make a little rattling noise when I would move it, like there was a part loose inside somewhere, still worked just fine however. I dropped it a second time and the entire mechanism split in half and was obviously not in working condition any longer, I was very sad about losing my flat iron. It just didn't seem to hold up for very long, I'm not in the habit of throwing my things, but it slipped out of my hand a couple times and bounced off my sink, it shouldn't have been damaged quite so badly.

Conair left me feeling..

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

Conair was a complete disappointment. For how much they charge for their straightener's, well at least the one I purchased (I am aware they have cheaper models out there) I felt like I was being scammed. It completely fried my hair! It looked, felt and worked like a cheaply made product. Save yourself the money and spend fifty or so more and purchase a really great straightener that will last you ten times longer, and make your hair look ten times better! I have relatively thin hair, and it is pretty straight already but I will use a straightener when I want to achieve the pin straight look. So I use a straightener around twice a week or less. I owned a Conair straightener for less than a month before it ended up breaking on me! So following the limited warranty I received a replacement, and less than two months following my straightener broke again!

They don't last long at all.

Great for when you're going out and need an easy hair do.

Comments about Conair Flat Iron Straightener:

I love conair's flat iron because it is so easy and i'm able to do it last minute. It is very self-explanatory and easy to use for those who do not like hair products. Even those with thick hair will think is product is easy to use. It also makes for a great outcome with other types of hair as well. Overall I love this product and I definitely reccomend it to others.

Best for touchups or bangs