4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

this conair steamer has a great price & does a great job!

The Conair Ultimate Fabric Steamer has to be the best steamer for the price.  I chose this steamer because I own a clothing boutique and since I "burnt" out the other steamer I had I needed a new one fast and after assessing my choices at my local discount store this one seemed to be the best choice.  It has difinitely surpased my expectations!  Here are a few reasons why I love it:

- it heats up very quickly, starts to steam in about 30 seconds

- has a good sized water tank so it has about one hour of steam time

- it's on wheels so it's easy to move around

- has it's own stand so you don't need to find a place to hang the garment while you steam

- nice compact design so it doesn't take up a lot of space and is easy to store

- works just as well as a commercial steamer at a fraction of the cost

I loved this steamer so much that I bought another one to use at home!  I have saved so much time since it's faster and easier that ironing and I've saved money on dry-cleaning since you can steam to freshen dry clean only clothing.  I highly recommend this product.

Great for steaming curtains...

My wife received a **Conair GS10N Deluxe Fabric Steamer **for her birthday.  So far we have used it to steam the wrinkles out of our drapes/curtains as well as some shirts and pants.  Overall this appliance is easy to use, but storing it is another problem.  The support rod only collapses so far and the remaining hose, hanger, and other attachments end up creating a large, odd-shaped device that just doesn't seem to fit anywhere.  It more difficult to find a place for it than the vacuum cleaner.  Ultimately a spot had to be cleared in a close so that the steamer could be rolled in and easily stored full assembled (otherwise we probably wouldn't use it as much).  Anyway, its rotating hanger and clothing clips are both useful and helpful.  The hose seem to be a good compromise between function and storage considerations.  I really wish that this had some sort of retractable cord rather than the two smallish plastic posts to wrap the cord around.  Also, adding water involves removing the reservoir, turning it over, removing the cap, filling it while holding it since the top isn't quite flat, putting the lid back on, and then turning the whole thing back over (and hoping it doesn't) to put back onto the steamer.  That definitely isn't the most efficient design!  All in all, this fabric steamer works and definitely comes in handy around the house...

Nice fabric steamer

from Richmond VA

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

I used this steamer when I worked on costumes for a play and it always worked really well for us. All of our costumes looked great!

This was a great quick fix for some costumes when they fell to the floor overnight (which seems to be a universal problem in most dressing rooms). We didn't always have time to iron every little wrinkle, so this steamer was perfect for a quick overall fix.

Safety
As long as you remember to turn it off, it's very safe! One of our interns forgot and nearly burned the place down, but we caught it just in time.

This is very easy to clean, but there are parts that are easy to forget about if you aren't careful.

I had never used a steamer before and I thought this was very easy to get used to.

This survived a lot of battering backstage, so I would definitely rank it as pretty durable! I don't know how long it has survived, but anything that can steam twenty-two costumes a day and get knocked around as much as this one did gets my vote.

Maybe I got a dud.

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

I have been using steamers for the last 15-20 years because I don't like ironing. My old steamer broke after I dropped it and I decided to get the Conair GS10 because my old one was discontinued. I really wish my old steamer wasn't discontinued because this one is horrible. Let me first start out by saying the construction of this steamer is not very well-built and I really question the durability of this device in the long run. When I first used this steamer it operated pretty well, but wasn't on par with my old steamer. After a couple of months this steamer became useless. The Conair GS10 would turn off while I was steaming a shirt. It's pretty normal for steamers to turn off to avoid overheating, but it happened constantly and made unwrinkling a simple cotton t-shirt take 20 minutes. It also didn't do an adequate job of releasing or producing steam because it would come out more watery instead of vapory. The steamer also started to leak water from under the base when it was in use. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Conair GS10 to anyone looking for a fabric steamer.

• Safety:

If you steam a lot, this is a great tool.

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

This steamer works great for silks, delicate clothing, and suits. My husband likes to have his clothing dry cleaned, so this is a great tool to have to use in between dry cleanings. The steam is very powerful, but tends to leak and can burn you. It is very clunky and large, so this is only good if you would use this item often. I also have used it to steam curtains and freshen them up a bit. It has a built in hanger to put coats, blouses or pants on. It has clamps on both the top and bottom to make the material taut while steaming, so that is a nice feature. The machine also has a very large storage tank, so it would not require refills very often.

If it wasn't prone to leaking, it would be perfect.

Safety
If it burns you, then I guess it's not safe.

It really doesn't require any cleaning.

Sort of clunky and large.

This type of heavy duty steamer is meant to last for many years.

Gets in the way when it is not in use.

Good for easy jobs

from Chino, CA

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

This fabric steamer can get out most wrinkles but not ALL. Some of the really hard, stubborn wrinkles cannot be removed with this fabric steamer. But overall it's a good buy and I actually use it almost every day.

Good for mild to moderate jobs, but cannot get out really stubborn wrinkles.

Safety
It's very safe to use. Even if you accidentally touch the nozel, it's not hot enough to burn you like a regular iron might.

I wouldn't really call it "cleaning". It's more of a steamer, than a cleaner. Nevertheless, it's very easy to steam.

It's so easy to use. You just have to turn it on, wait for it to heat up, and hold the nozel moving it back and forth around the area with the wrinkles.

I've had this for months now and use it almost every day and it still works perfectly fine.

It's pretty compact, just kind of tall. And it's lightweight so you can easily move it around and even carry it up and down the stairs if you have to.

• Safety:

Conair Deluxe works great but a bit bulky

from Brighton, MI

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

The Conair Deluxe works great. It steams out wrinkles from jeans, sweaters, sheets, everything. I have not had a wrinkle I could not get out. It actually seems to make my clothes feel more comfortable too. Sometimes it does take a while for the whole process though. Also, it is bulky, so if you do not have a lot of storage room, it might get on your nerves.

Better than an Iron

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

I was so excited to get this steamer. I hate to iron. However, I barely use it. There's nothing wrong with it, but leaving the shirt in the bathroom while I'm in the shower does just as good of a job of getting the wrinkles out. I guess it would be useful for curtains or slipcovers, but I don't really care about those wrinkles. It's small and easy to stick in the corner and forget about. It seems like it would be safer to have around kids than an iron.

I had a hard time opening the water reservoir to empty it after use.

I hate ironing!

from New Bedford, MA

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

I bought a steamer because I hate to iron. I need to wear dress shirts and pants for work and I used to dread when I had to iron them. But with the steamer, I am so much happier! It is really easy to use and gets all the wrinkles out! Plus it is much quicker than pulling out the ironing board, iron and spray bottle to get all those nasty wrinkles out. Just hang your shirt/pants on the machine, wait for the steam to start and get to work. I can steam a pants in a matter of minutes. Such a timesaver!

• Safety:

works fine, takes up space

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

I received this product as a gift from my mother-in-law. She loves hers and decided to buy one for me. She irons everything! I iron only when I HAVE to! I really dislike ironing in general. The product is super easy to use. I like it, but for deep wrinkles I still pull out my hand iron. It takes up quite a bit of space and I hate having extra appliances around my house. If you iron a lot, this would probably be really helpful. For me its okay, but I usually end up ironing my items by hand. The product has worked fine, but it just isn't a great fit for my everyday needs/

Had to Have This!!

from Malverne, NY

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

I went to a friend's house and saw her using this. I got all the details needed, how much & where do I buy it. Within the week, I headed to the workd's largest retailer and got my very own steamer. I kissed the iron goodbye and haven't looked back since. A great product that is easy to use & effective. I am wrinkle free in minutes and ready to go.

• Safety:

Quick solution to annoying wrinkles!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Conair Deluxe Upright Fabric Steamer:

This Conair Deluxe Fabric Steamer worked alot better than I originally expected. I purchased the steamer in a time crunch emergency situation for a special occasion. This steamer quickly got rid of the wrinkles in my special occasion dress and my husband's clothing as well. Very easy to use and not complicated in the least. I would recommend having one of these for when you don;t have time to iron or take your items to get pressed at the dry cleaners.