3.5

Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron

3.5

Pros

Cons

Great for a first time buyer

I have semi curly hair and it is very thick. I always loved it when I would go to the hairdresser to get my hair done and I would get her to straighten my hair. It always came out so shinny and smooth and the results would last into the next day. I wanted to buy a flat iron to do my own hair at home but didn't want to spend a fortune on a flat iron. This one is a great price for what it does. I like that it heats up quickly and I can control how hot it gets. I also like that it has a cerramic plate in it so it doesn't pull my hair out when I am flattening it. You need to put your hair up and do small sections of your hair at a time. It worked so well for me I didn't have to go over and over the same stran of hair which could dry and damage your hair. This flat iron gave me the salon results I was looking for. I had smooth, shinny hair and the next day it was just as soft, any fly away hairs were easily fixed. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for their first flat iron.

Conair ceramic flat iron is helpful

The Conair ceramic flat iron is helpful in getting  my hair a little more flat after I blow dry it.   I found out if you put on a shiner product and then flat iron, it leaves my hair shinier and more flat than with just the blow drying.  I have used it numerous times on my hair and I am satisfied with the conair ceramic flat iron.  I like how in just 30 seconds or so from turning it on it begins to heat.  After a minute the flat iron is ready to be used. I have medium length hair and it is naturally wavy.  A downside that I have discovered from the Conair ceramic flat iron is that it sometimes caused my hair to get tangled at the tip of my hair. As I ran the flat iron along my hair is ran down smoothly and as I reached the end it got rougher and somtimes my hair tip would get caught between the ceramic plate and pull my hair. I am now more careful and just do not run the Conair ceramic flat iron along the entire length of my hair.  I now do not try to use it often because is has also caused my hair to dry up.  I only use the Conair flat iron to flatten my hair after blow drying.

Not too impressed

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

Not too impressed, but works on a budget I guess.

It pretty much does the trick. My hair looked straight whenever I used it. However this iron seemed to damage it more than other irons have. Sometimes it felt like the ceramic was catching and snagging my hair. I have pretty smooth hair, but it didn't feel smooth putting it through the ceramic clamps.

I received one as a gift and had it for a year and it broke. I didn't mind too much since it wasn't an expensive iron. I got another one myself and it broke in a few weeks. I thought well the last one lasted me about a year so maybe this was just a fluke. I got another one and that one also only lasted me a few weeks.

Great Iron - Conair

from Mesquite, TX

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

Not too expensive but very good product. This flat iron works as good as the ones that you spend a lot of money for. It's the right size for short hair or long hair. It has a good grip. It also has a turbo button in case you don't have long to wait for the iron to get hot.

This flat iron made the difference...

from Carnation, WA

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

This flat iron was amazing...I love it so much. It heats up super fast and gets really really hot. I have partially wavy hair which makes it very hard to work with. I have several little children and I do not have a lot of time to spend getting ready, but I still want to look nice. This flat iron gets hot fast and I am able to straighten my hair in almost no time at all! My husband likes my hair straight and I do too. I don't even have to dry my hair all the way to use this tool! I love it. I do not use any product on my hair, just plug in the flat iron, wait a few seconds and I can get it all done in about 10 minutes. I have very thick hair and it hasn't been a problem at all. This is a great tool and I highly recommend it!

Conair Ceramic Professional Flat iron which works

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

I have Conair Ceramic Professional Flat Iron for about 3 years now. This is my first and only flat iron. I do use this flat iron occasionally, maybe once a week. My hair is fuzzy when it is too moist outside. It is not a big dil. But sometimes, it is nice to have smooth hair. I have thin hair. They are very easy to style. I use Conair Ceramic Professional Flat Iron on low temperature setting. I just slide it on my hair from roots to the ends. It takes less then 5 minutes to style. It is very easy. The flat iron is very easy to clean. In fact, I cleaned it once with a dump cloth. Conair Ceramic Professional Flat Iron works very well. It heats very fast and cools down fast too. I would recommend it for everyone.

Takes a while to achieve results

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

I've had this Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Ceramic Flat Iron for years now and while it's okay I'm not sure why I'm still using it. I suppose it works alright - not like the super expensive ones but nothing so bad that it's a waste. I think that with think or long hair it takes longer. I used to have short hair - which is why I purchased this in the first place. So it's probably better if you have short, thin hair. It's a 1 inch so it takes a while to get everything straightened. I prefer wider flat irons. Occasionally individual hairs will get stuck in the edges or whatnot - which isn't fun. Good things are that it gets hot quickly and has the dial for temperature gauge. I always ever use it on the highest setting - not sure why it's even there really. Since it's small you can get your roots and it's easy to pack and travel with. I still use it for travel. It's easy to handle and easy to use.

not the best

from Muncie, IN

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

I'm sorry, but I wasted my money on this flat iron. It took forever to heat up and when it did heat up like 5 minutes later it didn't even straighten my hair. And honestly my hair is very easy to straighten. So my opition is don't waste your money, save up and buy an expensive but good flat iron!

Works better than some more expensive irons.

from Middletown, RI

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

I bought this iron after I had 2 other more expensive ones that the plates cracked on them after a fall off the sink. I was tired of shelling out alot of money for an iron as I broke 2 expensive ones in a matter of about 8 months. So, I saw this one and figured it was inexpensive, if it didn't work that well, I wasn't losing much money on it. Let me tell you, this iron takes a fall off the sink at least twice a week and it's yet to crack like the others did. This iron is definitely worth the money I spent on it. I've had this iron for well over a year and still works as well as the day I bought it. The only con I have for it is it doesn't have a digital readout for the temperature. Which really, isn't a huge con. But it is why I almost didn't buy it. However, I suppose if it did have a digital read out, it would cost more money. But I would highly recommend this iron. It works quite well and it can definitely take a licking and keep on ticking!

not impressed at all...

from Waxahachie, TX

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

This was a gift, and not a brand I would have chosen had I been paying for the item myself. I was excited to get one, and from the very first use, I was not pleased as I had hoped I would be. The iron does heat up very quickly, but that is the best thing I can say about it. I noticed that the closer I get to the ends of my hair, the rougher, rather than smoother, my hair seems to appear (and I have my ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks, so damaged hair isn't the case here). Also, unless I release my hair before I get to the ends, I end up with a funny crimp-thing, that wouldn't be so bad if it weren't SO noticeable, and alwaysalways in the worst direction! I have very thin, straight hair, and I just wanted a flat iron to create a sleek, smooth, shinier look...and this isn't the ideal product to do that, for me, anyway. When I tried using it on my daughter's fine hair (she has loose curl in her hair), it did the same thing....got that funky crimp thingie. Consumers, save your money, be willing to spend more on a better item!

Awesome product!

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

I recently bought a conair flat iron and I sooo love it! I've tried several kinds of hair iron before but so far this is the one I love the most. Doesn't take long to have your hair from curly and frizzy to super straight, smooth and shiny! I highly recommend this product to all the women out there who doesn't want to spend so much time with their hair.

Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Ceramic Flat Iron

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Conair Ceramic Tools 1" Professional Flat Iron:

This Conair Ceramic Flat Iron is a flat iron I really don't recommend using if you have ridiculously thick hair because it tends to get caught in your hair, and if you're in a hurry, don't bother using it for that exact reason. Sure, it heats up quickly and it makes your hair shinier, but it can also burn your hair if you don't use a heat-protecting hair product for your hair first before you use it. It can fry your hair to the point that it smells. It can get so hot that if your hair is even the tiniest bit wet, it will burn your hair and leave the burnt hair smell lingering in your hair for hours, I know, I've tried it. Don't do it. And for the people that have baby- fine hair, that's a good thing because it doesn't tangle as easily on the strands of hair and it doesn't take as long to straighten. And if your hair is a little bit wet, it won't do as much damage, as if the hair was thicker. So  as mentioned before, for those who have thicker hair, I recommend buying the CHI, It's worth the price.