Other Flat Irons:

Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron

Pros

Cons

Instant Heat Straightener is great for thick hair

I have really thick hair, and the Conair Instant Heat straightener is the only one I've found so far that gets my hair really, really straight. It heats up super fast, in a minute, and it has twenty five different heat settings. It is two inches wide, so it can straighten bigger sections of hair at a time, and ceramic plates so that hair doesn't stick and burn. One thing you need to be careful with is not to leave it on one spot of hair for very long because it does get super hot so want to go through hair quickly so it doesn't scorch your hair. It has an auto shut off, in case you forget to turn it off it will go off on its own after so long. Before I got this straightener I had to go over each piece of my hair several times before all the kinks would come out. Now it takes me literally less than half the time before since I only have to do each piece one time. I really love this straightener.

Straightens hair decently but wouldn't buy again

It straightens my hair without any problems. But the handle is made of thinner plastic, so it is kind of flimsy. You have to hold it closer to the actual straightening part to hold it still. It also is a different shape than normal flat irons. It is bigger and the handle is smaller than the straightening rods. So, it is unable to curl like other thinner irons. It is made for ONLY straightening your hair.

It does it job just fine. It straightens hair easily. It heats up pretty fast and has one heat setting. But it is the right heat for my hair. It takes about two strokes down each section to completely straighten. The straightening area of the iron is big, so you are able to straighten quite a bit of hair at a time. So it is good for if you have long and or thick hair.

It will not fall apart or break easily, but you can tell it is pretty cheaply made. Conair products sell for pretty cheap, so it is worth it for the price.

Straightens hair decently but wouldn't buy again

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

It is pretty good, but have had problems with it recently.

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

I have had this flat iron for a couple of years now. I will say that it is a pretty good price when compared to other flat irons out there. It will straighten your hair and make it look nice. I have this one and a smaller one depending on which I feel that I should use for that day. This one goes a little faster because it is a little bigger than other flat irons out there. The heat settings are pretty good, but it would be nice if this flat iron went a little hotter. I can't complain for the price though. My biggest problem with this flat iron is that the plastic on mine has cracked. I didn't drop it. I'm not really sure how it cracked. I have had this problem before though. I don't know if it's the heat cracking the cheaper plastic or if it's something else. I wouldn't mind as much if it didn't catch my hair sometimes and pull it. For that reason I wouldn't buy this one again. I will say that other than that this has been a pretty good flat iron.

It is effective at smoothing out your hair.

I can't say that this is that durable because mine has cracked.

Great flat iron

from Texas

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

My friend bought this Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron for me as a gift. I have very curly and wavy hair that can get frizzy if not styled properly. For the days I don't want my hair to stay in it's naturally curly and wavy state I turn to this flat iron. I love the way it not only straightens my hair but helps with the frizz. It's very easy to use and heats up quickly. I usually only have to run this flat iron through my hair twice to have all the waves and curls completely straightened out. This flat iron has different heat levels but I always use the highest heat so I don't know how well the lower heat levels work. I also like that because of the size of the plates this flat iron doesn't pull my hair. The only con I would say is that the plates do get very hot so I have to be careful not to touch them so I don't get burned. Still this is a great flat iron at a reasonable price.

I great beauty tool for a great price

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

I love this flat iron. My hair is very long and naturally curly. The wide 2" iron surface makes straightening my hair super quick and I feel like the ceramic plates help prevent heat damage and leaves my hair super shiny too. I of course always use a heat protectant spray with my hair before heat styling, but for the price, this tool compares to some of the higher priced brands, hands down!

Straightens your hair and leaves it silky and shiny. I have no issues with kinks either, but that comes with practice, just like with any heat styling tool. It also can be used to curl your hair, but of course with the 2" plates, you will get a more beachy wave effect, which I love.

It has been used frequently and I have no issues with it yet. It even survives multiples drops to the bathroom floor by me and my two children. It doesn't feel like cheap plastic, so I would consider this a quality product indeed.

A moderate priced, okay straightener

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

This straightener is good for the very cheap-to-moderate price range. I was skeptical at first when purchasing it because it was semi-inexpensive and looked cheaper but it works alright. The straightener is very simple to use, it has simple buttons and takes 2-3 minutes to warm up. It gets to a pretty high heat and does a good job at straightening my hair but it leaves an occasional lump or wave due to the fact that the plates aren't as wide as the body the plates sit on. It did a fairly good job at straightening though. My biggest complaint with the product was that after I dropped it once, which everybody does on accident every once in a while, it stuck and never worked the same. When I would go to clamp the plates down on my hair it would stick and I'd have to pull them back open almost every time I went to straighten another portion of hair. The design is pretty simple though and it does get hot enough to straighten very naturally curly hair.

Works well, gets hot enough. Leaves an occasional lump/wave.

The straightener got stuck every time I went to clamp down on a different portion of hair after dropping it on the floor once. Feels somewhat cheaper than other brands.

Great straightener for a great price.

from Jenkintown, PA

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

I bought this straightener years ago and have used it very often since. It was relatively inexpensive and works great! It is very easy to use and heats up quickly. It can get very hot and steam, but if you use an anti-heat spray, it shouldn't damage your hair too much. Frizz seems to go down quite a bit with this straightener and it can go from curly to straight in minutes.

Love this Conair Flat Iron!

from North East, MD

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

I purchased this Conair Flat Iron to try something new with my hair.  My hair is really thick and naturally wavy and can get frizzy if not handled just right.   This flat iron heats up quickly and doesn't an excellent job and straightening my hair.  It takes a while for me to finish since my hair is so thick but to not any longer than a standard curling iron.  The controls are located on the side and well lit so I never have a problem feeling like I left it on by accident.  The plates are non stick as I use a lot of hair spray and other products when straightening my hair.  I really love having the hot pad to let it sit on when using it and to leave it when it's cooling.  I also love having the travel case to keep it in when we're on the road and also to allow it to cool.  Anyone looking for a good flat iron who doesn't mind paying a little more for quality should definitely check out this product.

Thick hair ladies beware

from Beech Grove, IN

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

Ladies if your hair is thick this Conair straighter is not for you! I have heavy wavy thick hair and I bought thinking I would save a little money and it would work. HA! Funny!! I used to a total of three times once after washing and blow drying hair and then 2 times back to back. I felt like to damaged my hair and made it more brittle!

The heat setting did not get hot enough.

Pros: Compact enough to carry with you often and lightweight

Cons: Thick hair ladies can not use, heat settings, time to heat up

love the conair instant heat straightener

from Melvindale, MI

Comments about Conair Ceramic Pro Instant Heat 2" Flat Iron:

The conair instant heat straightener is great when you are in a hurry and you dont have the time or the money to go a salon to get your hair done ans it saves you up all the money you would of gone to spend at the salon. I defenetly would recoment it because its fast and it straightens you hair almost instantly. I have wavy hair and i only have to thru my hair once with the conair instant heat straightener  but my mom has curly hair and all the other straighteners i would have go thru her hair like more them 5 times and with the conair instant heat straightener i would go thru it twice and it would go straight.

Instant Heat Straightener is great for thick hair