Other Flat Irons:
CS54
Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS

Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS

Would not recommend using on wet hair

When I purchased this product I was very unsure about it's claim to be able to straighten even wet hair but I bought it and tested it out. Never again will I flat iron my hair while it is wet. The first problem is that you are not able to use an effective heat protector. Next, I began to apply to my wet hair and saw a bunch of steam and began to smell my hair burning. I immediately stopped and asked a friend who is a cosmetologist about this product who warned me about using on wet hair. I will not purchase this product again and do not recommend for others to use on wet hair. It does effectively work on dry hair with a heat protectant spray but because the product claims to works on wet hair and it doesn't I am giving a lower rating. Also, the cord is not as long as I would like for it to be. I have highlights in my hair and I noticed that my color was getting damaged on the top layer where the majority of the flat iron would touch. This product will straighten your hair but also damages it at the same time.

Works well on dry hair but not wet hair. My hair was left dry and the coloring I had in my hair was getting damaged.

Durable product for the price.

Not for me

I did not find this product to be that great in my opinion. I am always trying to buy great products and try something new. I picked this up when I needed a flat iron right away and immediately did not like it as much as I thought I would.

I tried the wet to dry thing and that did not work on my hair at all. I am not sure if it was my hair type or not. I can say that I got a good deal out of it when my hair was dry, but I ended up getting a weird smell from it. Every time I used it I got some weird smell, so I stopped.

I liked the fact that it was a decent size and that it was easy to use, but it really did nothing for me as a whole. I wish it was more helpful especially with the whole wet to dry option.

I would buy this product again

from Boston, Ma

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Good Value

Cons

• Strong smell

• Color-treated Hair
  • Frizziness/Flyaways
  • Normal Hair

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

I used this product for years and it was great. It was simple to use wet and dry. My only con was the smell.

• Hair Type:
  • Wavy Hair

Not for me

from CA

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Good Value

Cons

• Ineffective

• Hair Type:
    • Very Curly Hair

Would not recommend using on wet hair

from TX

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

Durable product for the price.

Conair Wet/Dry

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

The product is amazing! Tonight I used it for the first time and I absolutely loved it. My hair was damp and then when I flat ironed it, my hair didn't even feel very damaged at all. If anything it feels as if it may have repaired some of my split ends. In fact, it made my hair feel very soft and smooth. And it looks very silky also. I love how it only took literally seconds to heat up. I would recommend this for long or short, thick or thin hair. This was a well worth investment.

Great affordable flat iron!

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

I have had this flat iron for at least 3 years. I have thick hair and it is difficult to get it to straighten. My favorite feature of this flat iron is that it has bristles that comb through my hair as I straighten. It also has different heat settings and a wet/dry setting (although I usually just straighten my hair when it's dry). I would definitely recommend this. The only complaint I have is after about a year and a half this flat iron stopped working and I had to buy another one. I do use it almost every day though, so it will probably last you a long time depending on how often you use it.

It is the best flat iron for straightening that I have ever used.

It stopped working (but after a lot of use).

Easy and makes your hair Shiny too

from Warren, OH

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

I LOVE this Hot iron!! I have REALLY thick hair and was always told it would be too much trouble to use an iron. Well after being tired of always having my hair in a ponytail or braid, I got one. I have had this one for almost 3 years now. The best thing I like about is it actually last till the next day, and it is soo easy to clean, just wait till it cools down and use a cloth rag with warm water, easy.

Favorite Straigtener I've owned yet

from Signal Mountain, TN

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

I've owned three flat irons so far...and this one is by far my favorite. It has a cool color and 2 settings on temperature. It only takes about a minute to heat up at the highest setting and it's small enough to tote around anywhere.

Also, the biggest bang for your buck!

Wonderful flat iron

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

I've had this flat iron for almost 2 years and love it. It's straightens my hair wonderfuly and adds shine. I use it almost daily. Compared to other flat irons I've tried, I don't need to turn it up as high, which leaves my hair a lot healthier looking. It's really easy to clean too. I just wipe it with a damp rag after it cools down and it looks as good as the day I brought it home. Also, unlike other flat irons, my hair stays straightened for over 12hrs. With other ones I've used the max I could get was 8 hours, but that was with a ton of styling product in my hair. With the Conair I just use some heat protector and I'm good beside some hairspray to hold it after I've styled it.  My hair is super thick as well as curly, so it used to take me forever to flatten my hair. With the nice wide 2in prongs, it only takes me 15-20 minutes. That's less than half the time I used to spend. Honestly, for the price I didn't expect it to last or do that well. I just got it to tide me over till I could get a better one. The Conair really surprised me, so when it breaks down I will probably get another one.

Not Impressed with The Conair 2

from Marianna, FL

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

My straightner old Conair straightner was hit by lightening and stopped working so I had my husband go by the store since I was at work a buy me a new Conair I told him it didnt matter which was but dont get the cheapest one but since it was Conair I did not think he could pick the wrong one that would not be good.  I am not that satisfied with these product it does not heat up hot enough for my hair to straigten it. It has to heat up for a really long time for it even to work on my hair. I dont know what it is about this one I have not have any problems with the other conair straightners I have used. The price was very reasonable on this one but I should have told him to spend a little more and get an better one than this one it was not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. I have now started using another conair the skinny pink one and it heats up alot faster and gets alot hotter and works better on my hair. Would not recommend this straightner

it works good but stops working after a few months.

from Manteca, CA

Comments about Conair 2" Wet/Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron CS36CS:

My Conair 2" Ceramic Straightener worked nice, but after only a few months it stopped working!

I am **always** careful with my beauty products, but I was getting ready for work the other day & it just stopped working in the middle of straightening my hair.

It was very tough to continue getting ready from that point. & I had thought maybe leave it off for a while & it might work, but it did not. & I left it alone for about 3 days & tried again & it just doesn't get hot.

It keeps blinking but never stops to let me know it's ready. & it does not get hot whatsoever anymore.