Other Misc. Skin Care Products:
Compound W
Compound W Liquid & Gel Wart Remover

Compound W Liquid & Gel Wart Remover

I hope I'm not scarred for life

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about Compound W Liquid & Gel Wart Remover:

I have several skin tags on my neck.  Following the advice of Dr. Oz, I decided to try a wart remover.  I bought Compound W Gel and did not get the expected result.  I applied the gel using the attached brush which made it VERY difficult not to get the gel on the skin.  The gel burned and turned white on my neck.  After the burning subsided (about 15 mins), the skin tags started to harden.  I thought, "Good, this is working."  WRONG.  This morning I awakened with black burn marks on my neck where the moles are.  I tugged on the moles and out of the 7 or 8 I had, only 1 came off and there was a lot of bleeding.  I am a light complexioned person so the black burn marks really stand out on my skin.  This is a horrible product that should come with a more severe warning.  I hope my skin heals and goes back to its natural color and soon.

Doesn't work at all.

from Dana Point, CA

Comments about Compound W Liquid & Gel Wart Remover:

This stuff sucks.  First you open it and it smells horrible and that smell fills up the room.  You apply some and this sticky liquid goes every where, its very messy.  Its just about impossible to get it ONLY on the wart.  It will go everywhere and kill the skin around the wart.  It hardens within minutes, and you have to be careful to cap the bottle every time or the liquid on the inside will solidify, making it useless.  So now you need to get Qtips or something and open the bottle every time you want to use it.  What it does is turn the skin white.  The liquid burns for some reason ( the bandades never did for me).  Eventually the white dead skin will peel away and you keep using it until its gone! (which never happened) So instead of these get...

The most important part is that its only 17% salicylic acid.  I saw a dermatologist after relying on this product for several weeks.  She said that you want 50% or higher.  (I believe thats the number) Basically just go get the bandage ones or the small patches.