4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Support & Service:

This Compaq of mine is great.

I received my Compaq Presario from a freind who said it was just junk. That night I was online with that very same tower. My tower isn't just your everyday Compaq though, because I was able to do a little with it. When it came out of the box it had an 80GB hard drive,now it has two for a total of 160GB. It also came with 256RAM which I also upgraded to 356RAM. Now I know you are saying so,but I'm only a high school graduate. I love the Compaq because the repairs and upgrades were so easy any dummy could do it. I would recomend this computer to anyone who would like to learn about getting their hand inside of a tower and do some modding. My only wish is that I had a faster connectoin so I could see what my build is really capable of doing online. I love games and it is really good for that. I have over 300 games mostly 3D and have had very few problems. My video card is kind of old and I had to add a fan just for it other than that evry thing works just as it should.

a pain in the backside

Well I bought a HP Compaq Presario V3700. It was my first and i dare say will be my last. It was a great buy in that they threw in a printer as well and a mouse. I would say they threw in the mouse after realizing how useless the touch pad mouse is. I figured after some use it may get less sticky however after now owning it just over a year it's still as sticky as ever. Had an IBM thinpad T41 prior and although it's a much older laptop it's so much easier to use. Even my girlfriend who comes from an impoverished background can feel the difference in the two and prefers the IBM. Yes! The T41 is old and has some issues now but it's still hanging in there and in my opinion is a far better computer.

Other problems which I can see are going to progress into real problems are the screen. Seems almost as if the tension is too tight so if you have to move the screen it's difficult and then there are shorts in the signal to the screen (ie; the picture tends to partially break down when moving the screen.)

Another issue is the disc drive which seems to foul on something and makes a rubbing noise if you inadvertantly pick it up with one hand to move it. Sure, we are probably supposed to use 2 hands but i would have thought the chassis would have been built for some abuse being a laptop.

Then there is the operating system it came with. VISTA, need I say more. Another headache. I've found it difficult to work around some additional instalations of other programmes that aren't supported or have limited support by VISTA or Microsoft if you prefer. Give me XP any day. I have had this one issue I just don't seem to be able to resolve and I'm reluctant to wipe my system and go back to the original install as I use my computer for work and simply dont have the time. When I shut down, unless I unplug the internet cable, it simply restarts. Not a huge problem but frustrating to say the least.

Maybe you won't believe this, but just now as I've decided to comment here on my opinion of this laptop for some reason the letter K has started to fail and I'm having to press it repeatedly. I kid you not. I hate this laptop. Do yourselves a favor and don't buy HP. I will go with Lenovo next time. It's the new version of the IBM thinkpad. The one I almost bought (kicking myself now,) you could pour a glass of water through the keyboard without any ill effect. It had drain holes in it.

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

While this is an older computer, I actually don't know if they even make them anymore, I have owned it for over 8 years and it is still running great! There is nothing fancy about this model, but a good, solid desktop that has always met my needs. There are many newer models available that have features like a touch screen, and wireless everything, but if you just need a desktop for everyday functions like surfing the web, and checking email, then this will work just fine. Since this is an older model, there have been many software updates. My only major problem with this computer has been a related to virus protection. For years I had Norton antivirus installed with no real problems. About two years back, I think someone hacked into my system. My whole computer froze, I couldn't even check email. I took it to a repair shop and they said Norton was the source of the problem. After a thorough over haul and system repair, I have no more issues. They did uninstall Norton from my computer and I know have AVG installed, and this is free. A decent computer for use at home.

• Support & Service:

Bought refurb, works better than most new

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

Very good computer for what I use it for. I still run a bulletin board service (BBS) and it does very well doing that main job. I would highly recommend this to somebody who needs an entry-level computer for almost anything.

Wish it were a little smaller so it would fit in the cubby hole under the desk. As it is right now, it is literally sitting under the desk and I kick it every time I move.

When first purchased, it was the fasted I had had, and now it's a little slower, think it's just because of the age. It does seem to lock up once a month or so.

Mine still works!

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

I've had my model of Compaq Presario desktop for seven years and it is still working while all my other friends and family members have gone through numerous laptops and desktops. This is year seven and it's only now that it has started to runs sluggishly with the new Ram-heavy programs coming out. I do not have the full ram capabilities on my Compaq. My computer runs XP media center and has a CD/DVD burner drive along with memory card slots.

The biggest issue I've had has been with the CD burning. Unlike other computers I've owned/presently own, it will not burn to certain brands of CD-R's. I've gone through several brands trying to find one and finally settled on using DVD-R's for my data storage needs.

This is an excellent computer for someone who doesn't want to game heavily or edit videos.

My Compaq Presario has been a reliable computer for the past seven years and with a little updating I think it will continue to be reliable in the future.

It's ease of use, like other PC's, will depend on the user's experience regarding computers.

Hardware Quality
CD burner wouldn't burn certain CD-R's, even thought they're from the same brand or same spiral.

Support & Service
Never had to contact support or service.

Not many can keep a still optimally functional compute for seven years. That's a testament to it's durability.

I don't like the design of two of USB ports at the front of the computer. They're pushed much too closer together.

I've had no issues other than viruses that affected it's performance.

Trustworthy and Reliable

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

This product was given to me as a gift one Christmas five years ago by a relative. I have had little to no issues and the ones I did were my own cause. It is easy to understand and work with, has multiple USB ports which I love and has a rom drive which reads not only CDs but also DVDs. What's not to love? There is also two places where you can hook headphones or speakers to and same with the microphone. I have a webcam up and with all those features I can use not just the webcam but also my personal headset. The only probably I do worry about is working with Skype, I'm not sure if it's my computer causing problems or the program itself but still it's a beast in the most beautiful way.

general home use pc

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

good general home use computer for someone on a budget that just needs a pc to do homework, shop , play pogo games online or surf the net! comes with cd burner and has expansion capabilities for pci,dvd burner and memory banks.

has pre installed operating system and general software to get you started. you can be on the internet within one minute from bootup on an average day with dsl connection or above

Hardware Quality
overall good quality hardware. have not had to replace any hardware since purchase and that was five years ago. you will need to upgrade memory banks and maybe the video card due to the integrated graphics

Support & Service
compaq has support drivers and original installed software on a web site you can download and updates for the chipset drivers if they have been updated . they could expand these software update options but they have the basic needed updates your machine requires

five years and counting

case should have more air ventilation vents

general performance is great but cpu cannot handle alot of applications running at the same time . I do not have freezes and such often but i do not run other applications when i am online playing games or surfing activities. the video graphics card could be of better quality also

• Support & Service:

A computer that gets the job done.

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

I would not recommend this computer if you wish to play video games. After having to install Steam, as well as Left 4 Dead 2, I was left with a slow computer that left me with wasted time and money. I never even had the opportunity to play my game.

Very easy to use. If you have been previously acquainted with any type of desktop or laptop computer, you will have absolutely no trouble working your way around this desktop computer. You will quickly learn how to navigate your way with the programs that are installed in this computer.

Hardware Quality
I did not get the best hardware quality with the deal with which I bought my Compaq Presario Desktop Computer. After a few months of use, I found myself with a slow computer. As a result, my internet was slow. I had found out that I was low on memory, and had to buy additional memory for my computer. Everything worked a whole lot faster after the extra memory installation.

Quite durable. It can handle various programs that are installed.

The design on the Compaq Presario Desktop Computer is, I guess you can call it, mediocre. A big, semi-heavy, bulky, desktop tower.

• Support & Service:

Great computer; we love this product

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

We got our computer about 4 years ago to replace an eMachines that had gone bad. It came with an automatic upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista. Previously we had Windows XP operating system & I was not really sure I wanted to upgrade but didn't have a choice. The Windows 7 was fairly easy to learn. It came with 286 G Harddrive which for us has been more than enough. We used to be big gamers & wanted more room but now mostly use it for online stuff, emails, social networking etc. I have had to reformat twice because it just got so clogged up with junk but the process was simple & not that time consuming. As internet speeds have increased so has our ability to do more of the things we like on this system. I did have to replace the keyboard as we eventually wore it out I think, so we replaced it with a wireless keyboard/mouse which has worked really great. I try to keep it cleaned up & even blow it out every month or two to keep it from getting too hot & so far we have not had any major problems with it. It came with a flat screen monitor which has worked out great. a few times there has been an issue with the sound but I think it was from improper use, ie. not plugged in correctly or settings changed by someone else using the computer. I would highly recommend this brand due to its durability & ease of use. When the time comes to purchase a new computer I will also look for this brand

Support & Service
Never needed support other than online internet help sections so this has not been an issue.

love the sleek design, it takes up less room.

• Support & Service:

Easy to customize to a ultimate gaming computer.

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

I bought and loved this computer instantly.
It had enough base Ram, Processing power, And a good enough graphics card for everything i like to do. But, It was also open on the inside with enough extra slots for me to mod it how i see fit to have it running like a dream

very compact and has 4GB system memory

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

i have one like this one and i bought it in january and i really like it. it is still taking me some time to get used to the windows 8 that is pre-loaded but i really like it a lot. i would recommend it to anyone.

just cut it on. i bought a book to go with it to get me over the hurdles because it is so different than my XP i had before.

Hardware Quality
it has a AMD A4-3420 accelated processor, 500 GB HD, super multi DVD burner, and of course windows 8. i have an external HD hooked up to it with 1 TB of storage so i will have more storage available on the HD for the games. i do download them and then upload them when i get done with them. i have a paid subsciption to a gaming site and can do this and not use a lot of memory at any one time for the games.

Support & Service
so fat i haven't had to use this

so far so good

very compact!!!! shorter than my last hp desktop

so far so good. i use it for gaming all the time and it is great for that!!! i notice i have to restart it more than the old one, but that may be all the games on it.

• Support & Service:

good for average computer user

from Williston, VT

Comments about Compaq Presario desktop computer:

I am an average computer user, i do use the internet for browsing a lot but other things not so much. I had been given some poor reviews on this but from my pov this is a good computer for a good price and I havent had any problems with it.

Simple as that, I found this easy to use entirely on my own, i was able to navigate quickly and figure things out.

Hardware Quality
I dont know much of anything about hardware but nothing has broken or had any problems in the 3 years i have owned this computer so im going to assume that the hardware is of good quality.

Support & Service
i havent had to use support and service because everything has been great and self explanatory.

This has withstood my toddlers messes, dirty sticky fingers, and nocking the tower down and still runs as it did the first day

I have one small complaint about the set up, the cd rom door blocks the button when you attempt to close it and its kind of a weird set up, but not impossible

Has worked 100% for 3 years, not single problem!