View more laptops

KX530AV
Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC

Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC

Compaq Presario c700, The notebook with a mind of it's own

The compaq persario c700 is the notebook of notebooks. I first bought mines in 2008, It's been about a year now that i have had it, and it still runs like it did when i first took it out the box. Its not big and bulky like some notebooks are, And one of the things I really like about it is the windows media center. You can record and watch television shows, and your choice of movies. it has netflix built in to it, So if you are a member of Netflix you can watch movies by the 1000's. I'm a movie lover myself, and this is just perfect for me. Compaq Persario c700 comes with windows home premium, And belief me this is one notebook that you will never get enough of. Over the one year that i have had it, I never had one problem, It has a built in recorder in it, for if you are having a Important meeting you can record the hole thing with no problem, You can actually teach this notebook to learn your voice, and write email letters for you, and so many other things also. I give       Compaq Persario c700  the notebook of the Century Award. Oh almost forgot, This baby also comes to you with a 15.4" Diagonal WXGA  High-Definition Brightview Widescreen Display.

My Compaq Laptop shuts down on me in the middle of doing things.

I am writing this review concerning a Compag Presario C700.  I bought this laptop because I was attending online college courses at Kaplan University and the sound had went out of my desktop.  I was very excited about buying this laptop but have found that I have been disappointed over a couple of things.  The first thing that upsets me is that the alps pointing device doesn't work properly and the second thing is that it will shut down in the middle of very important things for no apparent reason.  I was running Windows Defender on my computer to make sure that it was running properly when it shut down and now Windows Defender won't work and I get an error message every time I turn on my laptop.  I am really disappointed in this laptop and wish that I had of purchased a different brand.  I feel that Compaq needs to build a better quality of computer and should have a better warranty with their products.

C700 is durable, long-lasting, all around awesome.

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

I can't remember how long I've had my Presario C700, but it came with me all through highschool, so it's definitely not new. And other than some wear on the touchpad, you might think it was. Of all the laptops I've used, it's gotta be my favorite. It's small enough to carry in a backpack, but still full-size. The keyboard isn't too sensitive, neither is the touchpad, and it has a handy little scroller thing on the touchpad that you can use to scroll down pages as opposed to click-and-dragging the scrollbar. It was cheap enough to pay for on my part-time job, though I can't remember how much it was exactly.

I've seen a lot of reviews saying that it's a really fragile laptop, but I can't vouch for that at all. I bring mine with me everywhere a teenage girl would go, and I've never had any problems. Never had a key pop off, never broken any hardware. It's great.

I have to say, really my only problem with this laptop is occasionally while typing I'll hit the touchpad with my palm and it'll click a random spot in the text. But that's just user error.

Great laptop for a great price

from Tallmadge, OH

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

The Compaq Presario C700 is a great computer for the price.  Granted, it is not a high end machine, and I have a fantastic desktop that I use for a lot of heavier computing, but it does have a lot of power for a basic laptop.

The Presario C700 is a light-weight machine with a large, wide screen.  It has a comfortable keyboard and a nice touchpad with scrollbar sides.  It also includes an Intel dual-core Pentium processor, which allows for some nice speed.  Additionally, there is an additional slot for RAM, which if you upgrade makes the computer run faster too.  I use this computer every day and have had very little trouble with it at all.  It runs well and didn't break my budget.

The only complaint I have about the Compaq Presario C700 is that the battery life is not all that great, which means I always have to plug it in if I want to use it for more than half an hour.  I suppose you could upgrade to a better battery, but I haven't yet.

The Presario c700 series is a great computer for the price!

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

I have found that the Presario c750 series notebook is an excellent choice for people looking for portability as well as ease of use. I have had mine for two years now and have had little trouble with it. It ***does***tend to run a little hot at times and could probably use a better cooling setup but, for the price, it's an absolutely wonderful unit. I don't see myself having to replace it any time in the next year or two.

Being a computer illiterate, I really appreciate the ease of use and the functionality of this computer. I can burn CDs and DVDs without needing a 400 page manual just to get the job done. That is important to me.

I also like the fact that I can watch DVDs wherever I am without carrying a DVD player around with me.

sound bite is extremely clear

from Watertown, SD

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

My computer is very good for my use.  View screen is very clear, and sound graphics are excellent, clear and concise.  Is the perfect size and able to carry along without any difficulty.  In the past after about having it a year, it did need to be sent in as the mother board had some problems and needed to be change, and now am having downloading problems, but feel this could be linked to my access.  All in all am very pleased and satisfied with my laptop.

it functions decently.

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

The laptop itself works ok but as with any PC you experience alot of freeze ups if you try anything to challengeing such as multiple web pages while listening to a music track and importing pictures. HP compaqs are good enough though if you want a cheap computer that will do the trick.

It is AWESOME, just don't move it around too much.

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

My now new computer, this is my 3rd computer. It is pretty good. It has high speed network(for me), but overall it is great. My other 2 computers were also Compaq, but since I brought everywhere it kept breaking. The best thing about Compaq computers that I have and had is that it has a lock. I have two children. One is 1 and the other is 10. The younger one loves computers, that is another reason why my computers broke. Then one day my older child saw the lock. She pressed on it hoping what would happen, then tried moving the mouse. She couldn't move then pressed the lock again and could. She told me that would help every time my little boy would come into the computer room.

Good everyday laptop

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

I got my Presario C700 approximately 2 years ago, after having a previous Presario's motherboard fritz out on me. I wasn't too happy with that product, since there were numerous problems with the design (ie. the charging port was poorly designed, and had to be replaced twice in the 18 months that I owned it). But, with money tight, I went with this model, since I was able to pick it up for about 300 around Xmas time. I am not a big "gamer" so I can't tell you how this system compares to other ones out there for that purpose, but for everyday work, and internet surfing, this is a fantastic buy for the money. The problem with the charging port has been changed, and have not had and issue with that at all in the two years that I have had it. In fact, I have not had any hardware related issue with this computer at all, and I am not the easiest on laptops. The way that this is running, and still producing high speeds (meaning it doesn't bog down), I figure I will be able to get another year at least out of it, maybe two before I have to look at a replacement. Compaq won me back with this design.

I am flying with Compaq

from Shreveport, LA

Well.......

While anybody asks you to write or review it on product you are using or like, its not much difficult to write because when I was looking for best option to buy a laptop I preferred Compaq brand, after carefully review I selected Compaq Presario c700. It is the best laptop I have owned. I have not had any problems with the new windows VISTA at all. I like each and every function of this computer. Its webcam, Wifi, bluetooth, means everything is perfect. There is nothing in it about I can say its the one I dont like except If I dont had it I dislike that, but I have it so i like it.

I usually use my laptop for official business and bring with me as honor for presentations to other places and when I put it on table people curiously look and admired the compaq and this brand. They usually asks me about its functions and price and I tell them the best offer ever I get in shape of Compaq Presario c700.

Overall good laptop for an average user

from Starke, FL

Comments about Compaq Presario c700 Notebook PC:

Overall, I have been very pleased with this laptop.  It gets a lot of use in our home. It does have buit in wi-fi which is great and we take it when we travel. It does its own safety checks which is cool, but doesn't run very well when loaded with a lot of info which, I guess, is typical.  One thing that I don't like is that the keys come off pretty easily and are hard to get back on. It does charge very easily and it's easy to figure out how to connect to any network connections with your wi-fi. Which is important to me because I'm not very computer literate, definitely not a technie, and I need to have something easy to figure out. It is a little heavy. I don't think that it is designed for the kind of heavy use that I do with it. Just light everyday use. I'm not thrilled with the Windows Vista Home Premium system. I think I preferred the Windows XP. However, it's not as bad as I have heard other people say. If you are looking for an inexpensive laptop for light everyday use, this one is the one for you.

My Compaq Laptop shuts down on me in the middle of doing things.

from Rockholds, KY