View more laptops

NB275UA
Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC

Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC

Sleek and fast Compaq Presario

I was recently given a Compaq Presario laptop.  It is a gift from my parents for my birthday and Christmas.  So far the computer runs very nicely.  It takes about two minutes from when I press the power button until the computer is ready for use.

There are three different battery power settings.

1.  Power Saver:  Saves energy by reducing the computer's power where possible.

2.  High Performance:  The computer runs faster, but that takes more energy.

3.  HP Recommended:  This is a balance of the two.

I usually use the High performance setting because I usually use my computer while it is plugged in.  It makes viewing and editing my photograhs really easy.  One click and I can turn my favorite picture into the desktop background.  It has a good speaker built into it.  It is also built with a widescreen.  The screen is very clear when watching TV or movies.

Overall, I think this is a great computer and I would absolutely recommend it to a friend.

The Compaq Presario CQ60 laptop is good for light use.

I purchased this laptop for school.  I like playing video games, so it was very important to me to get a laptop that had a dedicated video card.  The video card on the Compaq CQ60 is very adequate for such an inexpensive computer.  I can run Starcraft 2 on low settings as well as other new games.  The processing power is pretty good at 2.0 GHz dual core, which helps make games run faster.  Unfortunately for some processes it just isn't fast enough.  Loading applications takes forever, and the Vista OS that came installed on the laptop is a huge pain in the butt.  I purchased this laptop when it had an AMD processor instead of an Intel processor.  My mother has the same laptop with the Intel processor, and I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever.  The laptop has 3 USB slots located in pretty good places.  It also has an SD-card reader, which was great for saving pictures on the go.  The wireless networking card that is built into the laptop is pretty good and has a good signal.  My main problem with the laptop is the ridiculously poor placement of the cooling fans.  They are on the bottom of the laptop in a very bad spot.  It is very hard to keep the laptop cool unless you use a laptop cooling fan.  The laptop cooling fan is a huge accessory to lug around and makes too much noise for me to use in class, so I try to keep the laptop as cool as possible by hanging the portion with the fan off the side of the desk.  I get lots of funny looks by doing this.  In all, the laptop has a great performance for the price, but the cooling fan placement is a really hard blow.  My laptop constantly gets overheated and shuts down unless I am using the laptop cooling fan.  The huge widescreen is great, but it makes the laptop larger and more heavy.  It is difficult to find laptop bags that can fit the laptop and keep it secure because of its awkward size.  The laptop has a built in microphone with decent quality, but no built in webcam.  The battery life is decent on lower-performance settings.

It is good but got annoying to deal with!!!

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

It is a very good computer but I felt like there was always something going wrong with it. after having it a few months the battery needed to be replaced, then the power cord, then about a year after I bought it the hard drive had to be replaced. A few months after the hard drive was replaced I had to replace the battery again, then the power cord again. It most likely needs to have the hard drive replaced again also but instead I just bought a new laptop and only keep this one for my kids to play games on.

It is a very easy computer to use. My daughter is able to use it without any problems and with very little help.

Battery Life
The battery only lasted 30 min so I had to keep it plugged in all the time.

Support & Service
HP was very helpful each time I had a problem.

I keyboard was not very durable. my 2 year old was able to take every single button off the keyboard very easily and very quickly. I wouldn't have cared except I was unable to reattach the keys to the board.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Very happy

from Middleburg, FL

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

We bought this laptop because the price was reasonable. I have to say that I love it!!! This is the second CQ60 that I have purchased. My son dropped my first so we bought another one. They just keep getting better and better. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new hard drive and fixed my first CQ. YEAH .. Now we have 2. I highly recommend this computer.

Love my Presario CQ60

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

I bought an HP Pavilion years ago and it lasted about 6 years. So when I went to look for another laptop to purchase, I wanted another HP. I knew that Compaq was made by HP and that it was also cheaper than HP. I found a great deal on a Presario CQ60 and I love it. I've had it for almost 2 years now and I have had no problems with it. It's fast, I like the design, and the screen is wide. I like the numeric keypad on the side and the keys are easy to type on. It has a DVD burner, a Wi-Fi button, and it's reliable and light-weight. Mine has an Intel Pentium Processor and was simple to set up. There is no webcam that comes with it, but it is so easy to just go buy one that attaches and it works great that way too.

Fast speed at a budget price

from East Haven, CT

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

I have been very pleased with this laptop overall. It's 64 bit processor is fast enough for most applications (though grapic designers and Photoshop users will likely need something more high-end). For a low to mid-priced unit, it is fast! The 16:9 screen is bright and clear and makes viewing a movie on-the-go a pleasurable experience. Windows 7 is pre-loaded. My only complaints have been the excessive heat from the bottom of the laptop after it has been on awhile and the battery life (only about 1.5 hours). I have not had issue with overheating yet but I do worry about the longevity of the circuitry since it gets so hot. The battery issue is of less concern since it is typically used as my home PC and is plugged in most of the time.

Awesome except for the fan and volume.

from Roslindale, MA

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

One of my favorite laptops so far...except for one downfall...it gets freaking hot! The thing has been a personal thigh heater since the day I got it. But it kept on running. However, after about a year and a half of use I thought the issue was getting worse so I bought a laptop cooling pad to go with it...which def solved the problem...but I had to lug the cooling pad around with me and the laptop wherever I went. Oh...one more fault...the volume. I watch alot of movies online and the volume was just not loud enough for me. Had to hook-up external speakers so I wasn't straining my ears. Ok so it has two major faults...but those aside...I really did enjoy this computer and still have it as a backup to my new Asus. Just the keyboard layout alone has me missing the compaq when on my Asus. I don't know what it was about the design, but it didn't bother my carpel tunnel at all. As I never pay more than 350 for a laptop these days...because they just aren't built to last so why spend all that money...i picked up the compaq from best buy for 320 and was surprised at how great it ran and performed. Quirks aside...it has been a solid running laptop and i consider a great buy for 320.

Couldn't live without my Compaq laptop!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

The Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC is one of the best purchases I have made in quite some time. It was a great price and excellent value. The screen is a great size and has a wonderful picture. So many features on this laptop, it is hard to decide where to start.

The built-in wireless card is very strong and reliable. The DVD-writer is a great feature that we utilize often. One of the under appreciated features of this laptop that I love is the included num-pad. I actually use it quite a bit, and it was one of the deciding features when I bought the laptop. The battery lasts a long time, plenty of time for us to watch a normal length movie.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with the laptop since I took it out of the box. It runs great and doesn't have a bunch of extra programs I don't need. It is easy to turn off the touchpad, which I don't like, but the rest of the button placements are excellent.

Compaq Presario CQ60 is a good value

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

The Compaq Presario CQ60 is a good value for your money. I've owned mine for a little over a year, and it's functioned well pretty much the entire time. There are two issues I've run into with it. The first is that my initial charger which came with the purchase would constantly get so hot that it would almost burn your finger to the touch. Eventually, within two months of the purchase, it quit working. I called Compaq about the issue and they sent me a new one free of charge. This one still gets hot, but not nearly as hot as the initial one got. The second issue is that the battery is already in need of replacing only a year after purchasing the unit brand new. I use a high end Targus cooling system, and I know that the laptop does naturally get hot, but there's no reason the battery should already be so drained. Other than those issues, because I picked this up at a great price and I like everything else about it, I can recommend the purchase.

Battery Life
Way too short on battery life, battery dies completely after about a year & a half.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

The Compaq Presario is the perfect laptop for people on a budget

from Newark, OH

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

I really like the Compaq Presario CQ60.  The main thing that attracted me to this computer was it's low price.  I use my laptop a lot, but only for surfing the web and playing games mostly.  I like to play The Sims 3 and it works great on this computer.  The graphics are pretty good and I have no problem streaming videos from the internet from sites like MTV.com, Hulu.com, and ABC Family.  It doesn't have that long of a battery life.  I would guess that it is less than two hours, but that wasn't really an issue for me since I usually use it at home while on the charger.  It is a bit heavy for a laptop, but for someone like me who doesn't travel much, it hasn't really been an issue.  I found it very easy to use and would be a good laptop for someone who wants to get started learning the computer.  It has built in wifi and I have had no problem connecting at home, at the library, or at coffee shops.

Great for the price

from Hazel Crest, IL

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

I got a really good deal on this computer so that was what made me get it, but boy was i impressed. The look of it isnt all that great it isnt the fanciest thing in the world but it gets the job done. I really think this computer is for people (like me) who just use computers for searching the web researching news and buying things. It gets the job done and thats all i needed it to do, this is not for real hardcore gamers thought i must say. The screen is big enough and the keys arent too sensitive. It was very easy to use and set up even for someone that really doesnt know much about computers at all. The few bad things about it is the battery isnt that great in my opinion i wish it would last longer but for the price i got it for im not complaining at all lol. There is no webcam but i dont use webcams so that was ok for me. Overall if you can catch a good deal on this computer and you just use it for surfing the web and normal things this is a laptop to look at

Compaq Presario CQ60 fits my needs

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Compaq Presario CQ60-210US Notebook PC:

The exact model for my laptop is Compaq Presario CQ60-214DX. This is my first laptop. I have had this for about a year. I haven't had any problems with this product at all.

As someone who used desktops for many years, using this laptop is a nice step up. The additional mobility is nice to have. The battery lasts long enough for me. The laptop is not too heavy, so I can carry it around with me to do my work. I have spent a lot of time on this laptop surfing the web, programming, watching videos, listening to music, etc, etc. It works for all my everyday tasks just fine.

I should add that there is no webcam on this laptop. I have my own so it wasn't a big problem for me.

I also install Ubuntu on this laptop. All the hardware was recognized without any problems.

I'm sure this is true for all the other laptops, but it's very hard to have a good posture while using this laptop. I end up being sore all over after prolong use of this laptop. I guess just don't spend too much time on it.

All in all, it fits my needs. It does everything I need from a computer. If you are looking for a good affordable laptop, I would recommend this product.