2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:

Alittlle high, however worth it

I have one problem with Comcast's internet service,,is is a little steep as far as internet access goes. However, considering I am using a very old, refurbished computer, with low ram,it is working very nicely for me. I have had no problems with the service for the two years that I have been using it, and I can imagine how much better this srvice will be when I do get the new computer. My other pet peeve with Comcast is the parental blocks, I do not have children, and I do not like having to block my computer from what I may or may not want to look at, or shop on, I have tweaked this more than I choose to, no one uses the computer but me, and if you do not add or block certain things Comcast blocks you, totally unfair for the prices they charge.

As for the actual download speed and access to the internet, Comcast cannot be beat there it is very fast,and never slow at all, not even during the so called peak periods.  I love to dislike Comcast, just drop the prices  a little or make your bundle packages more affordable for budget conscious people like me.

Love the service, hate the customer service...well, lack thereof

Wow, where do I start when it comes to Comcast. I love the service, the cable comes in clear and the Internet access is fast!So, I sign up for a comcast deal online via their website. It says I'm signing up for Digital Cable and Internet for $33 a month each for 6 months. I have the print out of everything I signed up for in case there was any confusion...good thing I did.I bought my own cable modem (had a rebate to get one free). The installer comes out and hooks up my modem and cable, notes that I am using my own cable modem so I don't get charged the monthly rental fee. Since I had to make the first month's payment up front, it automatically has the rental fee on it, but the tech said I should get a credit for that $3 in my next statement. I get all sorts of movie channels and everything I should be getting with the Digital package I signed up for.Sadly, when I get my first bill, there is the $3.00 monthly modem rental fee on it. So, I called and told them that I had my own modem since the day it got installed and asked for the refund of the two fees. Guy says OK, good, done...until I get my next statement. The guy only credited from the day I made the call, I only got like $1 back. Whatever, not enough money to make a fuss over. However, shortly after I called them on the modem, my service went from all the Digital channels I was getting to the Basic (non-digital) package. Again, I call and talk to a rep who says I wasn't suppose to be getting all those channels in the first place and that what I signed up for "Enhanced" cable with On-Demand capabilities. I pull out all my print outs and fight with the "customer service" rep for about 10 minutes - me saying I have proof that I signed up for Digital cable, her saying that all their channels are digital and so I am getting Digital cable. No winning there, no customer service, no explanation, no nothing, just the rep constantly saying that I am getting Digital cable even though I don't get all the channels. So, I'm like fine, whatever. I even just put up with that because it was only $33 a month.Then what happens? After only 3 months, I start getting charged the regular rate for both my cable and my Internet. I call (yet, again) and argue with the rep (again) about the fact that they say I signed up for a deal that only lasted 3 months, I'm telling them I have the print outs of what I signed up for and it was suppose to last 6 months. So finally, the rep tells me that need to open a ticket and find the original information on what I signed up for and that I should be getting a call in a week or two. Great. Well, I refuse to pay the bill until they get it straightened out. After two weeks, I get no call, just a letter from Comcast saying they are going to disconnect my service because I haven't paid the bill. So I call (yes, again) and this time the rep says that they have no open ticket for my account. By now, I'm fuming and ready to cancel my service. Luckily, this time I got a good Customer Service rep who went into my account and gave me a new 6 month $33/each deal. I still had to pay the full price for that one month, but this gave me an additional 3 months at the lower rate. Sweet!Sadly (again), when I get my first bill, it shows a service protection plan that I never asked for or approved, so I had to call again and get that taken off.So after my cool new 6 months of $33 service, my deal is over and it's time to start paying full price. So I call and change my cable from this supposed "digital" package to just the basic cable that is $12.99 a month. Well, they charge a $13.99 fee for changing services, fine, whatever, I should be used to Comcast ripping people off. We setup a day/time for a tech to "come out" and change the service. The tech comes out and poof, all of a sudden, I have no service at all!!! I call (how many times is this now, I lost count) and get service setup for a tech to come back out to my place and try and fix the problem (of course this service window is smack dab in the middle of a work day so I have to time off work to be home for the tech). I was told that since I have my own modem and do not use one of theirs that there is a fee to have a tech come out and check my line. I tell them that I am not paying anything for a tech to come out and fix what a previous tech did. She continues to tell me that if it is not a problem with the line, but a problem with something inside my house that I will be charged for the service call. Well, I know it is not my modem since my cable doesn't work either and especially since everything worked fine until the tech had to "come out" and downgrade my service. Well, the tech did come and in a few minutes of looking around inside, he finally goes outside to the cable box and has my service back within 2 minutes.So now I finally have what I should have, to bad I have to pay too much money to get it. I'm waiting to see if I get a charge on my account for the tech to come out and fix their problem, it wouldn't suprise me in the least. Unfortunately, Comcast is the only thing available in my area, I can't even get DSL because the phone lines are so old. So I'm stuck with them until I move.

Good internet, but bad customer service

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

I have been with Comcast for over 2 years under my own belt, and far longer than that through some form or another. The service was always good, but every once and a while something would go out or not work.
The people who install it or fix it are always over 2 hours later than they say they will be. When you phone in it always starts out as an automated machine and then after a series of pressing the wrong numbers you can listen to some up sells you don't want before you speak to a person who sounds like a machine anyway... And from their inhuman automated responses it doesn't seem worth the call anyway.... But that's not what has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. MY issue is that now that I have cancelled my services, they say they can no longer resend the box I NEVER got to return my router because my account is closed. But they have no issue charging me for services I never received. -_- If they didn't have a monopoly on the market maybe the world would be a better place.

• Customer Service:

Don't know what else to get

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

We have had comcast high speed internet for a few years. We have had a few issues with them. First our neighbors had a tree that was laying on our internet line. The internet company wouldn't do anything about it. Our internet box did not work, we had someone come out and look at it and it did not solve the problem. So we decided to buy our own box which helped for a little while. Our internet goes in and out often, and for the price we pay I think we should be able to have some steadiness. Overall, they are not the best, expensive but not really sure who their competitors would be in our neighborhood.

Speed
Sometimes seems fast, other times is slow to connect and must disconnect and reconnect a few times.

Security
Have not had any issues.

Reliability
Often goes on and off, with and without bad weather.

Customer Service
They want to charge you a ridiculous amount to have someone come out and help you. Seems as though you wait a long time as well to actually get someone to come out and look at your problem. When I dealt with someone over an email problem over the phone, they tried rushing me, told me the wrong information and I ended up having to call back.

The Only Option with Only Disappointment to Offer

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

Every time I find myself having to deal with Comcast, I sigh, because I know that the next few hours of my time will be absorbed with trying to make Comcast understand what the issue is. When my fiance and myself moved from one city to another, we called Comcast to make sure we were following all of the necessary steps. Come to find out on our next bill we were charged the entire box fee, because we had failed to return it. After speaking with 5 other representatives who gave varying answers from "The box needed to be returned" to "It is unclear as to why you were charged" we were fed up. Unfortunately, still in a contract and not able to pay buy-out fee.

Speed
You can generally expect several times a day your service to unexpectedly slow down. After calling to try and schedule a service representative to come out, we were just told "it's the area". Good gracious, Comcast.

Security
No issues thus far with Security.

Reliability
For the most part, internet service stays on and connected. You can definitely expect it to slow down several times a day. I know I'll always have internet, just not how fast I can web browse with it.

Customer Service
Just. Purely. Terrible. I would switch to another company, but I'm afraid that I would be charged by one person for one thing, and charged by another person for another thing. Then when I try to call to try and straighten out what's going on, I'm sure I would be switched from support specialist to support specialist for 3 hours before hanging up and just paying whatever it is they say I owe them. Truly. It's this bad.

Fast Internet

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

They seem to have good deals on internet and it is fast. It doesn't cut in and out. It helps that I can bundle it with tv so the price is lower. They have a wide variety of speeds to choose from.

Speed
Pretty fast, it can slow down when you play netflix and have the computer on around PrimeTime. It helps that it is fast so I can do all of these things.

Security
They provide Norton for getting the internet through them which is nice, it seems to never give me an issue.

Reliability
It doesn't cut out and I get full bars most of the time. I have an older house and it does seem to loose bars when I am in the back of the house but its full where it is important.

Customer Service
I had to get their modem and they would charge to come out and set it up. It get frustrating dealing with things that they know are easy because they just pawn it off on other branches of the company, so your wait time is very long. I try to do the online chat for all of that.

I Do Not Trust Comcast

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

I used Comcast for many years. In fact, I was subscribed to their triple play feature for a few years. I liked the convenience of a triple play because, I believe, Comcast was the first to offer this. This triple play is what go me to try their internet. I was not impressed towards the end. In the beginning I was happy because I did not know about too many other options. Remember, Comcast was a powerhouse before Fios entered the picture. The internet was slow and I always seemed to be needing to call Comcast for help with the most random things. Plus, their customer service is not that well at all. I decided to switch to another service, towards the end of my contract, and I liked the other service better. Plus, when I was a member, you had to sign a terrible and long contract that upped the prices the second year. I did not appreciate that at all. I don't trust Comcast because of all the sneaky add on prices they added to my bill.

A Tale of Pain and Regret

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

For the purpose of expedience, I will skip the back story of Comcast. My review will contain no charming witticisms. Your eyes will not be tantalized by lucid images of fairy folk or Grandma's apple pie. My reasoning is simple; Comcast is the tangible manifestation of evil!

I will mercifully begin with only the basic complaints. Comcast offers introductory rates, which skyrocket towards the pearly gates a few months later. A number of companies follow the same policy, but I don't recall any that hiked their rates so drastically. To summarize this point; I will simply say, you might as well sell your firstborn to pay the bill.

Dealing with the service technician was like being dragged across putrescent hamburger meat. His rude demeanor persistently chipped away at my composure. It took nearly an hour for him to decide how to proceed. I understand that some houses are more difficult then others, but his lack of skill didn't exactly inspire confidence. Thankfully, he called his supervisor for directions. After the installation was complete, I decided to give the actual service a chance.

My expectations were high in the beginning, but quickly deflated as I watched my internet browser load. Comcast proved marginally faster than dial up. I called customer service, and got the run around for twenty minutes. Finally, I talked to someone who didn't give me the impression I was conversing with a wall.

"Our internet service gets slower when a lot of users are on," she said.

Slower? I understand the elementary concept of bandwidth, but "slower" is an understatement; like "the atom bomb is powerful." Not only does it slow to a drunk turtle's speed, but your service randomly dies. When I say "randomly" I don't mean once and a while; I mean daily. Does Comcast prorate a discount for the time service is not received? No, of course they don't!

Suffice to say I cancelled my service a short time later; however, it gets worse. Comcast nearly cost me an opportunity to qualify for a mortgage. Months after I cancelled my service; which I received conformation mind you, I discovered they were still billing me. This of course went on my credit, lowering my score to the upper five hundreds.

Luckily I applied at a credit union, which determine their own standards regarding approval. I had to get a note from Comcast acknowledging their mistake; which was no easy task, and present it to my credit union. It took months to get the black mark off my credit; consisting of countless, agonizing hours on the phone.

I would rather plunge from an airplane; set ablaze as I fell; and immolate; before hitting the ground at Mach 2, then do business with Comcast. Unless you are predisposed towards boundless sadism, avoid them like the Ebola virus. The level of professionalism and honesty you will receive, is about equal to a kleptomaniac with mythomania. My sincerest hope is that I can spare at least one person an Earthly rendition of Purgatory. Please; I beg of you to cast the idea of Comcast from your mind. lest you end up locked in a demoralizing kaleidoscope of terror.

Speed
"Comcast is faster than DSL;" these lies are so reprehensible, they contaminate my soul for just thinking about them. If God is generous enough to grace your existence; and allow your Comcast service to actually work, it's still slower than DSL. Don't buy into Comcast's puritanical facade.

Security
If Comcast handles its security like customer service, you might as well post the recipe for a biological warhead on an Al Qaeda website.

Reliability
Is this a rhetorical question? Not even a Zen Buddhist would have the mental affinity required to tolerate the inadequacy of Comcast. I would advise signing up for college courses. You're going to need a degree in horology to venture an educated guess as to how long your service will be MIA.

Customer Service
A person would have better luck trying to pluck the brow of a rabid, drug induced chimpanzee. It took me nearly an hour to get someone on the phone; followed by thirty minutes of verification, most of which was repeated later; ten more minutes to solidify the idea that I actually had an account at Comcast; and a verbal wrestling match with a belligerent service rep. She acted like I was speaking in a mystical dialect, which had been forever lost in the annuls of history.
I will tell you what it's like to deal with Comcast's customer service. Go to the local store and purchase some crayons. Conjure a terrible image in your head; and just prior to creating that image on paper, forget what you're doing and jump out the window. Dealing with Comcast is not only repulsive, but morbidly unpredictable.

Fast and steady

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

Comcast provides incredible internet service with very little downtime and incredible high speed . I have no problem streaming video to my tv, while surfing the internet on 2 computers . I would recommend this service to anyone who downloads or streams music or video . Gamers online also will have little to no problem with lag .

• Customer Service:

Reliable internet but they're never in the wrong

from Spring Valley, IL

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

I don't have many dropped connections, I'm on a decent plan for now, but if there is a problem the first words out of the customer service person's mouth are how much it will cost if they come out and it's not their problem. It is usually their problem but who wants to commit to a huge "maybe" service call charge? They pretty much are the only game in town here, at least my plan is good at the moment. I'm hoping AT&T Uverse will start servicing my town soon, competition is the key for us consumers. I've had the same internet provider since 2004, they just have changed hands and now good 'ole Comcast owns the keys to the palace.

Speed
I don't notice a difference in different speed packages that I've subscribed to.

Security
I do like their free Norton Security.

Reliability
Not many dropped connections anymore.

Customer Service
It's hard to call them, then it took a week for them to get their wires up off the street, after a damaging windstorm.

• Customer Service:

Comcast is a great company.

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

Comcast is a great company with wonderful service. The technicians are always on time and the do a really great job. Both the cable TV and internet service are great. I have lots of channels in HD and sports channels such as NFL, NHL, and Nascar. I also like the adult channels like the playboy channel among other adult channels. Comcast is one of the best cable and internet companies around and I'd recommend Comcast to all of my family members, friends, and everyone else I come in contact with. Keep up the great work Comcast!

• Customer Service:

i find comcast to actually have good deals

Comments about Comcast High Speed ISP:

their internet is very good but the cable could use some changes, as in the way they changed the format with the new boxes as you cannot record a program more than 5 minutes past its viewing which is not right especially when they carried the option of up to 3 hours before and if its a live sporting event we miss it as you cant tell that a sports program will run from say 7-9 we all know this doesnt happen. and they also changed it to where you were able to view programming for at least a week or so ahead and now you cannot do that either