3.4
ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint

ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Uneven coat (3)

• Interior painting (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid do-it-yourselfer (4)

ColorPlace Interior Latex Semi Gloss Paint

The one downfall about the old house we recently purchased was that the handyman that the previous owners hired to do the painting and odd jobs, did things half way. Another words, he didn’t care if he dripped a colored paint on the white trim or painted over something stuck to the wall. He also didn’t bother to dust window sills or baseboards before painting. If there was any dust, dirt or whatever there, he simply painted over it. So, we are now starting to do some touch ups to the paint throughout the house and re-do things that are downright ugly. Luckily, the previous owners left a closet full of paint, so I don’t have to go through the headaches of trying to match colors.

The first room I wanted to touch up was the dining room before the holidays. We plan on having Thanksgiving dinner here and I wanted to touch up a few places that actually had paint chipping. The dining room is the only room in the house with a textured wall. It is done in a way to make the wall look like a plastered wall. However, with nice size chips here and there, it didn’t look nice to me. I searched the paint closet and found ColorPlace Interior Latex Semi Gloss Wall & Trim Paint with the lid marked with a dab of paint that matches the dining room. I decided that we would just touch up the bad spots instead of trying to repaint the whole room. The current color is a dusty rose.

**ColorPlace Interior Latex Semi Gloss Paint**

ColorPlace Interior Latex Semi Gloss Wall & Trim Paint comes with a 15 year warranty. It is recommended for kitchens, bathrooms, doors and trim. The one gallon can states that the paint can be scrubbed, is durable and stain resistant, has an easy application and clean up. There was also a statement that said the paint was great for high traffic areas and high moisture areas. My dining room would certainly fit into the high moisture area. The whole house contains a lot of humidity from being closed up unoccupied for over a year.

ColorPlace Interior Latex Semi Gloss Wall & Trim Paint is to be used on properly prepared interior wall surfaces such as drywall, wallboard, wood or primed metal. To prepare the surface, you should first wash the wall down with a detergent solution. If you are planning on painting over a glossy paint finish, you must sand down the glossy surface until it is dulled.

Before you start painting, be sure to stir the paint well. It is recommended that you plan to use more than one coat if you are using a dark color or on rough surfaces. My wall would certainly be considered a rough wall with all the uneven textures.

**Other Stats**

One gallon is estimated to cover 400 square feet of surface area. The paint dries in one to two hours, however, it is recommended that you wait at least 4 hours before applying a second coat of paint.

For droppings of paint and to clean brushes, use a mild soap and water. You can clean the surface of your freshly painted room after 30 days of initially painting. This gives the paint and surface time to “set in”. A spot cleaning can be done with a mild soapy solution.

ColorSafe paint is marketed by WalMart Stores. Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid inhaling fumes.

**Final Thoughts**

I think the problem with the paint chipping in my dining room is from being applied incorrectly (possibly by an idiot). The wall surface is uneven and whomever painted this room did not take any precautions to protect the baseboards, floor and ceiling. How you get paint on a ceiling is beyond me, but it is there. They also painted the top edge of the baseboards the same color as the wall. This will need to be corrected but in the future. Now do you see why I said an idiot painted my house? I have to place fault with the painter in this case.

Covering large areas is difficult

We decided to purchased this paint to paint my daughter's bedroom purple. We chose it because we needed a lot of paint for our money. The paint did not appear any different in texture than more expensive brands we have purchased in the past. However, when we roll the paint on the wall I realized that we had made a not so good choice. The paint appeared to be very thin and I could still see the paint under it after 2-3 coats. The final coat dried very streaky and clumpy. Now we are not professionals, but we had done our share of painting in the past and had not had that much difficulties with working with other brands. I am unsure though if it was the actually color, the fact we neglected to put a primer over our builder grade paint prior to applying it, or error on the part of the painters, but it left her walls with much to be desired. Since then, I have been more willing to spend out more money so that I can get satisfactory results.

If it would let me I would give it a ZERO!

from Bucyrus Ohio

Pros

Cons

• Thin and many runs, took 4 coats to cover
    • Uneven Coat

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

I will NEVER buy this cheap paint again!!
      4 coats to try and cover eggshell color, and even rolling it ran!!!
      I have spent 2 days trying to get my Dinning room and hall done before we have our new floors layer. I have been taking pictures of the mess it has left on my walls!!

Worst paint ever

from Matthews,NC

Pros

Cons

• Messy
        • The color does not mix well.
        • The paint leaves air bubbles as it goes
        • Uneven Coat

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

This is the worst paint I have ever used. It leaves area where it will not cover. It leaves air bubbles and the color does not stay blended with the base paint. Horrible

worse paint waste of money

from VisaliaVisalia

Pros

Cons

• Color Fades
            • Uneven Coat

• Touch-ups

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

Worst paint ever waste of money

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

from Missouri

Painted pantry. Paint peaks off the wall. Would NEVER use again

great paint for very reasonable price

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Coats Well
                • Covered Great
                • Great Color

Great reasonably priced paint

Not great paint

from Richmond VA

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

I was really unhappy with how this paint turned out. It just did not quite do what I needed it to do, the color was not quite right in the end...I was just not pleased with it overall. It seems like poor quality, too. It went very goopy after just a short time, and it was properly stored and everything. I'm not sure what happened to it, but I was so frustrated that I couldn't keep it for retouching purposes in case I needed it.

Quality
                  It just did not work out for me. It took lots of coats to cover the wall and It got really goopy after a short time in (proper!) storage. I would love to give the benefit of the doubt and think it was just a fluke, but I cannot be sure that it was.

It has lasted just fine on the wall, but it hasn't been there very long.

Coverage
                  I had to do so many coats of this paint to get it to cover properly, and it was so streaky up to that point. It was a real pain.

Ease of Appliation
                  It took a lot of work to apply this paint. More than I was anticipating.

• Ease of Appliation:

Not the worst, not the best.

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

Paint is one of those things that everyone has a favorite brand, and they'll never even try anything else. I've used the Wal-Mart Colorplace paints several times and have always liked the result. It's not quite as good as some of the more expensive brands, but there is usually such a huge price difference that I'm willing to go with the Wal-Mart brand.

Quality
                  There are definitely worse brands out there, but there are also better brands. It just depends on your circumstances. I don't have kids or pets to clean up after, so I don't need a paint that is going to be super easy to clean. I've also never really noticed any more than slight fading or quality issues with this paint.

No problems with durability. Very small amount of fading after a few years. Easy to clean.

Coverage
                  I think this brand covers very well, usually with 2 coats. Depending on what you're painting, you'll probably need 2 coats anyway.

Ease of Appliation
                  I think this paint is thick but not overly so, so it goes on well. Some paint are so thick that it takes twice as much to get the same amount of coverage.

• Ease of Appliation:

Acceptable paint quality for the price!

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

This is good paint for a tight budget and in rooms where perfection is not important. I purchased two gallons of this paint in a semi gloss for my nursery and had it custom tinted. The color selection is limited and the paint itself is a little thin but it still provided good coverage. It has also held up well to furniture bumping up against the walls without scratching the paint.

Quality
                  This paint is a bit thin, so you will need two coats to accomplish what one coat would do from a higher quality brand. The colors are also not as vibrant but the paint does cover the walls without bubbling. There is also still a pretty shine to the dried paint that is comparable with more expensive brands. I was also pleased with the low odor of the water based paint.

The dried paint has held up to numerous bumps from furniture and has still not chipped or scratched! However, it is not as easy to wipe clean of dirt like the other more expensive brands are.

Coverage
                  I think that it has excellent coverage unless you are looking to cover over stains or trying to obtain a nice deep color. This paint is thinner, so if you are looking to do a cover up job, you will need at least two coats.

Ease of Appliation
                  Other than being a bit thin, this paint is easy to use and it won't bubble up a lot on the walls. I used both a roller and a brush with it and both worked very well.

ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint Is A Super Saver

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

The first time I painted the inside of my home I purchased a cheap paint that was on sale, what a big mistake. I had to go out and buy another paint to go over that one. This color place interior wall paint is one of a kind. It did a wonderful job. I painted my bedroom, and bathroom with this paint. I used this product twice, with a nice outcome. I've tried many interior wall paints, and none compare to this one. A great price for getting the job done. The inside of my home needed to be painted, and this product did more than I expected. I'm glad for purchasing this paint. I trust this product, and would recommend it to family, and friends.

Quality
                  Nice grade of paint for your money. I like the fact that I didn't have to use much of this paint because of the quality.

This paint job lasted for more than 4 years.

Coverage
                  I was able to paint my bathroom, and bedroom with only one can.

Ease of Appliation
                  Simple to apply, and no messy cleanup. This paint goes on so smooth, and the outcome was very impressive.

• Ease of Appliation:

Not the best, not the worst either

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about ColorPlace (Walmart) Interior Wall Paint:

I have tried to use off brands as I can, to save money. However sometimes you truly get what you pay for. I decided to try the Wal-Mart brand of paint because they have a paint center, so I thought they knew what they were talking about. I was very pleased at the color that came out. The employee mixed it up absolutely perfectly. So off I went to the house to try this out and although the color is spot on, it takes two to three times as much paint to cover the amount of wall space as other brands. In addition as you get toward the bottom it begins to get stringy. If you can get past that stringy its a great paint, but by the time you buy enough of it to cover the area you need painted, you would have saved money by going with a more expensive brand.

Quality
                  IT does not cover as much area as the name brands do. I was disappointed seeing how far it fell from the mark of covering the area I expected it to do.

It is very durable paint once it dries.

Coverage
                  It does not cover as much area as other paint products do.

Ease of Appliation
                  It was just as easy to apply as other paints until you get to the bottom of the container then it begins to get messy and become a pain in the butt.