3.1
Color Oops
Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover

Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover

3.1

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

Cons

• Messy (3)
  • Smells bad (3)
  • Time consuming (3)
  • Too harsh (3)

• Permanent (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Survivalist / minimalist (3)

Color Oops saved me from a hair color disaster!

I have light brown hair with natural blonde highlights. A few years ago I made the mistake of dying my hair black. I loved it for a couple months, until my roots started showing. I decided that I did not want my hair black for the rest of my life, so I tried almost everything to remove the black fro my hair. I asked my hair-dresser for help and she said I should not bleach it, or whatever the process is, because it would ruin my hair. I tried all the old-wives tales, like washing it with dish soap, clarifying shampoo, baking soda, etc. Some of these tricks helped in lightening my hair from jet black to a dark brown, but nothing really did much to alleviate my hair disaster. I tried many root touch-ups for a while and that got annoying quick. Finally my mom told me about Color Oops after she saw it on Good Housekeeping. She said the products backed up by Good Housekeeping actually work and are good. Color Oops does not have ammonia and is completely safe for your hair, which was what I had been looking for. I gave it a try and I was so relieved to find that it worked! It didn't remove all of the dye the first time, but it did after a second box. I was very impressed by this product. My problem was pretty severe, so I didn't mind that it took me two boxes to remove all of the dye. I haven't heard of any other product that works nearly as well as this. Also, it is such a bargain for the results! I have recommended this product to many of my friends who have also had hair disasters. They were also impressed with it.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Don't use this. Dont use any color lift on your hair ,not color oops or color fix anything!!!I had nice thick hair before using this and now my hair is thin and limp. Some actually fell out. I can visibly see my scalp now. I had curly hair before and it was long. My hair did not curl after using this. I thought if I cut my hair it would curl again. It didn't. So to sum it up I went from haing long thick curly hair to short extremely thin and limp hair. My hair smelled horrible for 2 months after using this because the chemicals were stuck in my scalp. The only thing that got the odor to go away was baking soda and vinegar. Please don't use this and ruin your hair.

NO NO NO!!

About Me Professional Stylist

Pros

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
    • Messy
    • Time Consuming
    • Too Harsh

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

NO NO NO, JUST NO!! Not just this product, but any product like this is absolutely horrible for your hair!! Please believe me when i say there is nothing more damaging you can do to your hair then use one of these color strip products! It will only strip some of the color, and you will have to use another color to cover up the mess. You are way better off just covering your current color up with another color. That way, you dont end up with nearly as much damage!

BEFORE BUYING THIS PRODUCT OR A PRODUCT LIKE THIS, READ HERE:
      there is a cheaper and safer alternative to using harsh products like this..
      first, wash your hair with hot water and use dish soap as shampoo. Dish soap will help strip the color out.
      Also try using Malibu Color Correction. Malibu Color Correction is what most hair stylists use, and it is also quite cheap!

• Permanent

Did not work as advertised

from Central Florida

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Time Consuming

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

Dyed my hair black for a Halloween party. Thought I could use this product to remove color. I followed the instructions exactly as stated. It lightened my hair to reddish brown in some areas and left it black in others. I have short hair but still rinsed for 15 minutes, had let it stay on under cap for 20 minutes. I had only dyed my hair 2 days before although it had been washed once before using this product. Statement on the box with pictures is misleading.

• Semi-Permanent

Works but really smells BAD

from los angeles, ca

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Removes Color

Cons

• Smells Bad

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I started using semi permanent hair color to help grow out my gray/salt and pepper hair because semi permanent is supposed to gradually rinse out. Instead the semi perm hair color left a long lasting stain on my gray hair. Since I am ready to embrace my grey, I tried this product (after much research). It took 95% of the lingering stain off my hair. But the smell lingered like rotten eggs for two weeks. Even after rinsing and wahsing as directed. I even used a heavier clarifying shampoo. the smell was in my bed pillows and seemed to reak from my pores! I know it will pass. So if you're looking to get rid of color, it works. Glad I won't have to use it again.

• Semi-Permanent

Finally a product that did exactly what it advertised!

from Knoxville TN

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Gentle

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I did one treatment on permanent red dye. I have medium brown hair. I followed the instructions and then followed up with a keratin protein treatment. It was amazing! I don't remember the last time I saw my natural color!

Not good at all

from IL

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
                • Messy
                • Smells Bad
                • Too Harsh

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I read great reviews on the stuff. Used it for the first time tonight and i had hair falling out, no color was removed at all and i'm walking around my house smelling like a rotten egg. I've been doing my own hair for 20 years and a pro at it. My hair was in great condition. Not even worth the cheap price

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

from Seattle,wa

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

Cons

• Difficult To Use
                    • Doesn't Last
                    • Messy
                    • Smells Bad
                    • Time Consuming
                    • Too Harsh

• Temporary

Didn't work

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I have always had a dark almost black colored hair. I started using hair dye to cover up unwanted grey hair. I had always just bought and used black hair dye to cover up the grey in my hair. Well one day I decided I didn't want to dye my hair black anymore, I wanted to dye it a dark blond color. What I didn't know at the time, until afterwards, is that you can not dye over black hair dye. As you can imagine my hair turned out horrible. My hair roots ended up being orange and the rest of my hair ended up staying black. I was horrified! I ended up buying Color Oops extra strength hair color removal to fix my hair dye mishap. What I understood was that the color oops was suppose to bring your hair back to your natural hair color. To my disappointment, it did not work. My hair was still left looking like a clown. I had to dye my hair black once again to fix my hair dye blooper. Don't waste your money on buying Color Oops hair removal, it doesn't work.

• Ease of Application:

Really removes hair color!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I am known to changed my hair color often, and I am known as the girl who is constantly never happen with her own hair color.
                      From time to time I come up with this brilliant idea that I want to bleach my hair and be a blonde.
                      I have dyed my hair black multiple times, as well as red, and this really helps to remove the hair color. I've seen semi permanent and permanent hair dyes come out of my hair using this. When you use this, you have to rinse your hair for a long time for it to work. I noticed the longer you run your hair under the water, the more hair color comes out.

One of the downsides is that it leaves your hair a horribly neon orange hair color, which I always expect. It also smells horrible. Too much information, but it smells like old eggs and like someone had terribly bad gas. It also made my hair a bit dry, but that's nothing that a deep conditioner can't fix. You can dye your hair or bleach it right after using this. It made bleaching my hair a lot easier, and saved my hair from more damage.

It works really well, I've seen black and red hair colors wash out of my hair in one use. It made it so much easier to change my hair color as frequently as I was to.

Ease of Application
                      It's easy to use, you just mix up the color oops and apply it evenly onto your hair, just like you would a regular hair dye.

• Ease of Application:

It did not work for my hair!

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

This product did not work for my hair and was a waste of money, even though it was relatively cheap. It however, didn't have a really strong smell and seems to work for a lot of other peoples hair. It wasn't too much money in the local drugstore, which is why i'm giving it a 6. I wish it had worked though, but I can't say i had any success with it.

• Ease of Application:

Does what it's supposed to

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

When I was in middle school I had the great idea to dye my hair black. It wasn't until a couple years later, when I wanted to change my hair color again, I learned black is the hardest color to get rid of. I tried letting it grow out plenty of times, but I always ended up touching up my roots. I did not like how horrible my hair looked when my roots would start to show. I eventually went to a salon to get the black out for good, but I decided to try Color Oops first. It worked. It bleaches almost all of the color out of your hair. It does make your hair feel like straw and it doesn't completely strip every bit of color out. It does tell you to dye your hair after use, which took care of any discoloration and my hair became softer.

It easily removed the unwanted color from my hair. It left my hair a but discolored, but mostly blonde. Being able to dye it right away solved that though.

Ease of Application
                      It wasn't aren't harder to apply than normal hair dye.