3.2
Other Hair Colorings:
Color Oops
Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover

Miracle in a bottle

I went from very light blonde to dark grey and hated it!! I used oops which was very easy to apply! Within seconds of putting oops on my dark hair I could see the color fading!! I combed the product through made sure every strand was saturated 20 minutes later and about 7 shampoos and conditionings I had a beautiful blonde shade that was even better then before!

Palm Bay, Florida

It helped a little

I have dark brown hair but had put Splat red & some other highlights & was wanting to go platinum so I used it to get the red out before applying the bleach & it seemed to do the job.

Dixon, CA

DOES NOT WORK FOR RED HAIR

Mix everything as instructed, left it in for 25 minutes which is 5 minutes extra just to be sure, only to rinse my hair and see that it was the same color, not even lightened. Very upset with the outcome. Not worth the money

Erie pa

Meh....

I tried to use this on bright colored hair. Bright blue and red permanent hair dye. While it lightened the colors up it didnt remove as well as I hoped. I would have been better off just using bleach instead. May work better for traditional hair colors or less than permanent colors.

Kansas

Definitely works

Let's just say I had one of the WORST color accidents and had to remove green from my hair. This product is very damaging, as expected it literally stripped my hair. It smelled like rotten eggs, but it definitely did it's job and saved the day for me.

Atlanta, Ga

Love!!

I have been dying my hair dark red to red violet for years now and I wanted to go make to my natural color as I am 52yrs old with 50% gray in my root area. My natural color is a dark blonde and my gray will blend well in between coloring. This product does what it says but please read directions. My hair has no red in it now and what I am left with is a medium golden blond with just a hint of orange but it is actually kinda pretty and blends well with my roots. This color is my "natural color" due to being altered by years of the developer which all hair color has. The color oops does not lighten or make your hair orange it is already that way under the color you are removing. This will only work on permanent hair color. It will do nothing to highlights or natural roots or gray hair. It has a smell but not that bad and it was gone after I washed my hair. My hair is soft and feels normal. Please be sure to wash your hair 3 to 4 times with warm water I did that and rinsed 15mins with warm water. This is when the color you are trying to remove comes out as this product shrinks the molecules. Rinsing is so important. My hair was a bit dry after th at so I deep conditioned form 20mins. I love this product so much better then bleach. Now I will probably leave this then recolr to a dark natural blonde with hi lights form summer. So excited. I will be letting a professional do th at. Well good luck I hope this review helps. Just remember this product will take you back tor your natural color which has been alter by developer you will probably need to recolor to get the look you want.

Wilmington, North Carolina

NO NO NO!!

NO NO NO, JUST NO!! Not just this product, but any product like this is absolutely horrible for your hair!! Please believe me when i say there is nothing more damaging you can do to your hair then use one of these color strip products! It will only strip some of the color, and you will have to use another color to cover up the mess. You are way better off just covering your current color up with another color. That way, you dont end up with nearly as much damage! BEFORE BUYING THIS PRODUCT OR A PRODUCT LIKE THIS, READ HERE: there is a cheaper and safer alternative to using harsh products like this.. first, wash your hair with hot water and use dish soap as shampoo. Dish soap will help strip the color out. Also try using Malibu Color Correction. Malibu Color Correction is what most hair stylists use, and it is also quite cheap!

indiana

false

Did not work as advertised

Dyed my hair black for a Halloween party. Thought I could use this product to remove color. I followed the instructions exactly as stated. It lightened my hair to reddish brown in some areas and left it black in others. I have short hair but still rinsed for 15 minutes, had let it stay on under cap for 20 minutes. I had only dyed my hair 2 days before although it had been washed once before using this product. Statement on the box with pictures is misleading.

Central Florida

Works but really smells BAD

I started using semi permanent hair color to help grow out my gray/salt and pepper hair because semi permanent is supposed to gradually rinse out. Instead the semi perm hair color left a long lasting stain on my gray hair. Since I am ready to embrace my grey, I tried this product (after much research). It took 95% of the lingering stain off my hair. But the smell lingered like rotten eggs for two weeks. Even after rinsing and wahsing as directed. I even used a heavier clarifying shampoo. the smell was in my bed pillows and seemed to reak from my pores! I know it will pass. So if you're looking to get rid of color, it works. Glad I won't have to use it again.

los angeles, ca

true

Finally a product that did exactly what it advertised!

I did one treatment on permanent red dye. I have medium brown hair. I followed the instructions and then followed up with a keratin protein treatment. It was amazing! I don't remember the last time I saw my natural color!

Knoxville TN