3.4
Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover

Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Smells bad (3)

• Ease of Application:

Color Oops saved me from a hair color disaster!

I have light brown hair with natural blonde highlights. A few years ago I made the mistake of dying my hair black. I loved it for a couple months, until my roots started showing. I decided that I did not want my hair black for the rest of my life, so I tried almost everything to remove the black fro my hair. I asked my hair-dresser for help and she said I should not bleach it, or whatever the process is, because it would ruin my hair. I tried all the old-wives tales, like washing it with dish soap, clarifying shampoo, baking soda, etc. Some of these tricks helped in lightening my hair from jet black to a dark brown, but nothing really did much to alleviate my hair disaster. I tried many root touch-ups for a while and that got annoying quick. Finally my mom told me about Color Oops after she saw it on Good Housekeeping. She said the products backed up by Good Housekeeping actually work and are good. Color Oops does not have ammonia and is completely safe for your hair, which was what I had been looking for. I gave it a try and I was so relieved to find that it worked! It didn't remove all of the dye the first time, but it did after a second box. I was very impressed by this product. My problem was pretty severe, so I didn't mind that it took me two boxes to remove all of the dye. I haven't heard of any other product that works nearly as well as this. Also, it is such a bargain for the results! I have recommended this product to many of my friends who have also had hair disasters. They were also impressed with it.

Didn't work

I have always had a dark almost black colored hair. I started using hair dye to cover up unwanted grey hair. I had always just bought and used black hair dye to cover up the grey in my hair. Well one day I decided I didn't want to dye my hair black anymore, I wanted to dye it a dark blond color. What I didn't know at the time, until afterwards, is that you can not dye over black hair dye. As you can imagine my hair turned out horrible. My hair roots ended up being orange and the rest of my hair ended up staying black. I was horrified! I ended up buying Color Oops extra strength hair color removal to fix my hair dye mishap. What I understood was that the color oops was suppose to bring your hair back to your natural hair color. To my disappointment, it did not work. My hair was still left looking like a clown. I had to dye my hair black once again to fix my hair dye blooper. Don't waste your money on buying Color Oops hair removal, it doesn't work.

Works but really smells BAD

from los angeles, ca

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Removes Color

Cons

• Smells Bad

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I started using semi permanent hair color to help grow out my gray/salt and pepper hair because semi permanent is supposed to gradually rinse out. Instead the semi perm hair color left a long lasting stain on my gray hair. Since I am ready to embrace my grey, I tried this product (after much research). It took 95% of the lingering stain off my hair. But the smell lingered like rotten eggs for two weeks. Even after rinsing and wahsing as directed. I even used a heavier clarifying shampoo. the smell was in my bed pillows and seemed to reak from my pores! I know it will pass. So if you're looking to get rid of color, it works. Glad I won't have to use it again.

• Semi-Permanent

Finally a product that did exactly what it advertised!

from Knoxville TN

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Gentle

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I did one treatment on permanent red dye. I have medium brown hair. I followed the instructions and then followed up with a keratin protein treatment. It was amazing! I don't remember the last time I saw my natural color!

• Permanent

Not good at all

from IL

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
          • Messy
          • Smells Bad
          • Too Harsh

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I read great reviews on the stuff. Used it for the first time tonight and i had hair falling out, no color was removed at all and i'm walking around my house smelling like a rotten egg. I've been doing my own hair for 20 years and a pro at it. My hair was in great condition. Not even worth the cheap price

• Permanent

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

from Seattle,wa

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

Cons

• Difficult To Use
              • Doesn't Last
              • Messy
              • Smells Bad
              • Time Consuming
              • Too Harsh

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

Don't use this. Dont use any color lift on your hair ,not color oops or color fix anything!!!I had nice thick hair before using this and now my hair is thin and limp. Some actually fell out. I can visibly see my scalp now. I had curly hair before and it was long. My hair did not curl after using this. I thought if I cut my hair it would curl again. It didn't. So to sum it up I went from haing long thick curly hair to short extremely thin and limp hair. My hair smelled horrible for 2 months after using this because the chemicals were stuck in my scalp. The only thing that got the odor to go away was baking soda and vinegar. Please don't use this and ruin your hair.

• Temporary

Didn't work

from Cincinnati, OH

• Ease of Application:

Really removes hair color!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

I am known to changed my hair color often, and I am known as the girl who is constantly never happen with her own hair color.
                From time to time I come up with this brilliant idea that I want to bleach my hair and be a blonde.
                I have dyed my hair black multiple times, as well as red, and this really helps to remove the hair color. I've seen semi permanent and permanent hair dyes come out of my hair using this. When you use this, you have to rinse your hair for a long time for it to work. I noticed the longer you run your hair under the water, the more hair color comes out.

One of the downsides is that it leaves your hair a horribly neon orange hair color, which I always expect. It also smells horrible. Too much information, but it smells like old eggs and like someone had terribly bad gas. It also made my hair a bit dry, but that's nothing that a deep conditioner can't fix. You can dye your hair or bleach it right after using this. It made bleaching my hair a lot easier, and saved my hair from more damage.

It works really well, I've seen black and red hair colors wash out of my hair in one use. It made it so much easier to change my hair color as frequently as I was to.

Ease of Application
                It's easy to use, you just mix up the color oops and apply it evenly onto your hair, just like you would a regular hair dye.

• Ease of Application:

It did not work for my hair!

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

This product did not work for my hair and was a waste of money, even though it was relatively cheap. It however, didn't have a really strong smell and seems to work for a lot of other peoples hair. It wasn't too much money in the local drugstore, which is why i'm giving it a 6. I wish it had worked though, but I can't say i had any success with it.

• Ease of Application:

Does what it's supposed to

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

When I was in middle school I had the great idea to dye my hair black. It wasn't until a couple years later, when I wanted to change my hair color again, I learned black is the hardest color to get rid of. I tried letting it grow out plenty of times, but I always ended up touching up my roots. I did not like how horrible my hair looked when my roots would start to show. I eventually went to a salon to get the black out for good, but I decided to try Color Oops first. It worked. It bleaches almost all of the color out of your hair. It does make your hair feel like straw and it doesn't completely strip every bit of color out. It does tell you to dye your hair after use, which took care of any discoloration and my hair became softer.

It easily removed the unwanted color from my hair. It left my hair a but discolored, but mostly blonde. Being able to dye it right away solved that though.

Ease of Application
                It wasn't aren't harder to apply than normal hair dye.

• Ease of Application:

Best product ever!! Saved my hair!

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

It smells terrible and your hair will look a little funky after but it goes back to its normal color in about a day.

Got all the dye out of my hair and returned it to its natural hair color. Make sure you apply in a well ventilated room and throw the bottle away outside. Smells like rotten eggs.

Ease of Application
                Works just like a hair dye. How ironic right?!

• Ease of Application:

works if you have enough

from Harvard Il

Comments about Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover:

Ok, first off let me say that this product DOES work only if you have enough. I ventured into dying my hair with a permanent color for the first time and it was disasterous. It left my roots orange while the rest of my hair was a very dark brown almost black color. I usually use semi permanent color that washes out in 28 shampoos. Somehow mine wasn't washing out all of the way and it left me with really dark ends and light roots so in order to attempt to fix this I opted to try a permanent color to even it out. Needless to say I am a dumby and that didn't work. I searched online for color remover so I could start over. (If only I had someone that could have told me the ins and outs of hair dying before all of this, but now I know and hopefully will never make this same mistake again) I came across Color Oops and read many reviews. A lot of people were saying that it didn't work and it turned their hair orange. I bought it anyway because I was desperate to have normal hair again. One thing it says on the box is that you can use this up to three times to get the required results that you need. I only bought one box mixed it and applied to my hair for 20 minutes. When those 20 minutes were done I removed the cap that they provided and guess what? My hair was orange....it removed the permanent color, but it only lightened my roots to a lighter shinier orange. I am positive that if I had more that one application it would have returned my color to almost it's natural state, but because I only had one application it only did half the job. If you are really needed something to remove a bad color job this will work it you use it the way it says on the box. It does take a lot of rinsing and washing so it will completely dry out your hair, and have a box a color ready to apply afterwards just in case the color isn't what you wanted.

drippy and running