2.4
Other Health & Beauties:
Home and Garden Websites, Flowers and Gift Websites
CollectionsEtc.com

Summary

Winston Brands launched its very first Collections Etc. catalog in 1997. Since then we have grown into one of the nation’s leading and fastest growing multi-channel, direct-to-consumer companies. We have been recognized by the industry as a Top Cataloger and Top Internet Retailer. Our growth has been built on a simple philosophy of providing customers with unique and appealing merchandise at an exceptional value. We offer a wide range of affordably-priced, hard-to-find and exclusive products including items for home and garden, health and beauty as well as apparel and accessories. You’ll find the most fun and festive décor for every. Holiday from St Patrick’s Day to Christmas on our website.

CollectionsEtc.com

2.4

Pros

Cons

The "Under 20-Dollar" Store

If you enjoy browsing through your local Dollar Store for bargains, there is an online version that might interest you.  **Collections Etc.** (*www.collectionsetc.com*) is billed as the "Absolutely NOTHIN' over $20" store.  Not too long ago it was "Everything in the Catalog is $14.99," but inflation can't be avoided even for budget shoppers. The CollectionsEtc. catalog is a relatively thin sampling of a wide variety of home and garden products.  If you want to stick to a gift giving budget, the catalog is a good place to begin because you will go into the shopping experience knowing that every item is going to be $14.99 to $19.99, and a fair amount of products will be priced at $9.99.  This a great source for stocking stuffer and hostess gifts.  There are craft items for the hobbyist, kitchen items for the cook, laundry products for the homemaker, toys for the kids, and even playthings for the pets in your life.

My most recent purchase was for a mini craft electric iron.  I had seen similar ones advertised for $25 but I hesitated purchasing one because I kept thinking I could find a better deal if I kept looking.  Turns out, Collections Etc. had one for $9.99.  To my surprise, they also had a portable folding ironing board that I had been looking for.  On a whim I decided to go ahead and purchase it as well.  It's funny because as a bargain shopper I tend not to make impulsive purchases, but the prices here are so low that you know you're not going to bust the budget.  It allows me to have a little fun without worrying about spending too much money.

With **Collections Etc.**, you're not likely going to have buyer's remorse after a purchase.  If I know I need to spend less than twenty dollars for a purchase, then I know I need to check out this website before I buy.

3 items ordered w/free shipping then they charged shipping!

As a customer of Collections Etc. for over 9 years I had placed an order from their catalog last month with free shipping offered. Mailed my payment and expected to get the order in the usual time frame. Instead I got a letter asking for $9.00 shipping. When I called customer service a female representative told me that the order didn't qualify for free shipping.

When I tried to tell her that the order form (my scanned copy) clearly showed free shipping she just talked over me and wouldn't listen. The more I tried to talk, the louder and more beligerent she became. I finally had to shout over her to tell her that this is not the kind of service I deserved as a long standing customer and to just cancel the order and refund my payment.

This is the second time this has happened in the last 5 months. Prior to this, customer service was always polite and courteous, and went to great lengths to satisfy me. I will not put up with this manner of disrespect for their customers and will no longer purchase from them.

While their products have always been satisfactory or better, their customer service has gone to the dumps! This is not good business!

company sucks

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I ordered one item and they charged me and sent me two. I have been trying for three months to get my refund. They sent me two partial refunds but insist on charging me for shipping! Every time I call about it (4 times so far) they tell me I'll receive my refund in 3 to 5 days. They tried to give me a merchandise credit....no way i'll ever order from this company again.

No full refund

from Texas

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I placed an order with them and since I never received a confirmation till the next day I placed the order again. So I received double shipments. The order was supposed to be free shipping it was not. Would not have ordered anything the first time without free shipping since I did not know the quality of the products. After getting the return label it stated no upfront charge But 7.99 would be deducted from your charges. The return policy states FULL refund minus Shipping and Handling . Every company I know returns the original cost minus shipping & handling originally on bill not an added charge. This is not a FULL refund!! Don't order here they won't give you the discounts and no Full refund as stated in the policy.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO A FRIEND

from LOS ANGELES, CA

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I BOUGHT THE GRUMPY GNOME ZONE FIGURINE AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL, WELL MADE AND A GOOD SIZE. I LOVE IT. COLLECTIONS ETC. IS MY FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP.

Very dissatisfed

from Cincinnati Ohio 45209

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I have bought a lot of stuff from you & all of it was poor quality& a solar owl that did not work, I'm very disappointed I didn't send them back but wish I did, I won't buy anything from you again!

very poor advertising decieving

from hawley pa

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

i purchased a product expecting to receive 2 metal stake cats the description did not say purchase separately just a choice of red or green bows. when I contacted customer service was totally shocked by the rude attitude I said if I new they had to be purchased separately I would have done so and my order qualified for free shipping but because I had to order again they wanted me to pay shipping now I know how they handle there old customers I had been with them many years the only reason they received a star I had no choice

Canceling an Order

from Portland,OR

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I ordered 2 items but did not get a confirmation that my order was accepted. I started the whole process over and redid the order. Then I finally get 2 confirmations that there are 2 orders.
The website does not allow you to CANCEL an order.
Of course not! Why would they allow that. I tried calling them and they were closed. 7 hours later I called and was told it was too late to cancel 1 of the orders. The supervisor would send an e mail to the shipping dept to cancel 1 of the orders as it was a duplicate. Today I find out that did not happen. Both orders are being shipped and my credit card will be charged twice! Horrible customer service!!!! I will not order from them again!!!

Customer service

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

My wife purchased a bed spread from Collectionsetc. The bedspread smelt like someone laid in bed with this bedspread smoking a pack of cigarettes, smelt horrible. The quality was shabby as I wouldn't call it a bedspread as a sheet is thicker....
My wife decided to return it as it did not meet our expectations...we put in a request for a return label and followed up the next morning as we had not received the label. The customer service rep said she would send it and to expect it in a few minutes. After about an hour and a half and no label we called back to a very rude customer service rep, when my wife asked about the label, the woman snapped at her yelling...I could hear from the adjacent room, that it take at least 24 hours and to be patient and wait. My wife then asked if in 24 hours it did not arrive in her email what would be her next step, should she call the lady irately exclaimed "if you want". At this point we hung up as talking to this lady was useless. It was our first and last time, We will never use this site again.

Fairly easy to use this site.

Product Selection
Wide range of stuff, but I feel more dollar store items are safer bet as you can actually see what your getting...pictures and description not always what you get.

Product Pricing
You can get better quality for the same price or less.

Customer Service
As noted in my comments. Very rude, and disrespectful. Even if you are having a bad day, you are in customer service don't harness your energy to the customer.

Shipping and Returns
Still trying to get shipping label, waiting another 24 hours...

• Shipping and Returns:

Unethical business practices and horrible customer service

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

Ordered items and didn't come as ordered had to call to let them know.... Finally got left out item after a lot of run a round. So unsatisfied canceled membership and would not reimburse membership. Had to register a complaint with credit card and ended up with only partial refund. Unethical business, awful customer service in my opinion. Inconsistent product quality. Most is poor quality.

Customer service awful and argumentative.

Cheap quality

Overpriced for quality

Wish I could go lower than 1 here

Shipping and Returns
Nightmare ending in complaint to credit card company

Good quality products

Good quality products.

Ordering was easy.

Product was as pictured.

Product Pricing
The price was reasonable.

Customer Service
I called customer service to find out about the rest of my refund. Didn't get a clear answer the first time. The second time I called went better.

Shipping and Returns
Ordered 5 items for $83. Returned 5 items (3 unopened, 2 opened) and was refunded $7 initially. However, I did receive my full refund minus the shipping.

• Shipping and Returns:

knee support and foot massaging ball

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I had one of the worst online purchase experience with Collections Inc. First my original order didn't arrive as stated, then they told me they would refund the cost minus shipping, but they never did. A true nightmare with the customer crew, Kim, Jessica, etc.

Customer service didn't honor their words.

Customer Service
The worst kind I experienced. Be wise and stay away from a company that doesn't honor their words to their customers.

Shipping and Returns
The package never showed up. Called and was told to wait more first. After I requested to talk to the team leader, she agreed to ship a replacement, though it took another while. Later I was told if I return the second package, they would refund me the cost minus the shipping but they never did. What a disaster company to work with.