2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

The "Under 20-Dollar" Store

If you enjoy browsing through your local Dollar Store for bargains, there is an online version that might interest you.  **Collections Etc.** (*www.collectionsetc.com*) is billed as the "Absolutely NOTHIN' over $20" store.  Not too long ago it was "Everything in the Catalog is $14.99," but inflation can't be avoided even for budget shoppers. The CollectionsEtc. catalog is a relatively thin sampling of a wide variety of home and garden products.  If you want to stick to a gift giving budget, the catalog is a good place to begin because you will go into the shopping experience knowing that every item is going to be $14.99 to $19.99, and a fair amount of products will be priced at $9.99.  This a great source for stocking stuffer and hostess gifts.  There are craft items for the hobbyist, kitchen items for the cook, laundry products for the homemaker, toys for the kids, and even playthings for the pets in your life.

My most recent purchase was for a mini craft electric iron.  I had seen similar ones advertised for $25 but I hesitated purchasing one because I kept thinking I could find a better deal if I kept looking.  Turns out, Collections Etc. had one for $9.99.  To my surprise, they also had a portable folding ironing board that I had been looking for.  On a whim I decided to go ahead and purchase it as well.  It's funny because as a bargain shopper I tend not to make impulsive purchases, but the prices here are so low that you know you're not going to bust the budget.  It allows me to have a little fun without worrying about spending too much money.

With **Collections Etc.**, you're not likely going to have buyer's remorse after a purchase.  If I know I need to spend less than twenty dollars for a purchase, then I know I need to check out this website before I buy.

3 items ordered w/free shipping then they charged shipping!

As a customer of Collections Etc. for over 9 years I had placed an order from their catalog last month with free shipping offered. Mailed my payment and expected to get the order in the usual time frame. Instead I got a letter asking for $9.00 shipping. When I called customer service a female representative told me that the order didn't qualify for free shipping.

When I tried to tell her that the order form (my scanned copy) clearly showed free shipping she just talked over me and wouldn't listen. The more I tried to talk, the louder and more beligerent she became. I finally had to shout over her to tell her that this is not the kind of service I deserved as a long standing customer and to just cancel the order and refund my payment.

This is the second time this has happened in the last 5 months. Prior to this, customer service was always polite and courteous, and went to great lengths to satisfy me. I will not put up with this manner of disrespect for their customers and will no longer purchase from them.

While their products have always been satisfactory or better, their customer service has gone to the dumps! This is not good business!

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO A FRIEND

from LOS ANGELES, CA

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I BOUGHT THE GRUMPY GNOME ZONE FIGURINE AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL, WELL MADE AND A GOOD SIZE. I LOVE IT. COLLECTIONS ETC. IS MY FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP.

Very dissatisfed

from Cincinnati Ohio 45209

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I have bought a lot of stuff from you & all of it was poor quality& a solar owl that did not work, I'm very disappointed I didn't send them back but wish I did, I won't buy anything from you again!

very poor advertising decieving

from hawley pa

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

i purchased a product expecting to receive 2 metal stake cats the description did not say purchase separately just a choice of red or green bows. when I contacted customer service was totally shocked by the rude attitude I said if I new they had to be purchased separately I would have done so and my order qualified for free shipping but because I had to order again they wanted me to pay shipping now I know how they handle there old customers I had been with them many years the only reason they received a star I had no choice

Canceling an Order

from Portland,OR

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I ordered 2 items but did not get a confirmation that my order was accepted. I started the whole process over and redid the order. Then I finally get 2 confirmations that there are 2 orders.
The website does not allow you to CANCEL an order.
Of course not! Why would they allow that. I tried calling them and they were closed. 7 hours later I called and was told it was too late to cancel 1 of the orders. The supervisor would send an e mail to the shipping dept to cancel 1 of the orders as it was a duplicate. Today I find out that did not happen. Both orders are being shipped and my credit card will be charged twice! Horrible customer service!!!! I will not order from them again!!!

Customer service

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

My wife purchased a bed spread from Collectionsetc. The bedspread smelt like someone laid in bed with this bedspread smoking a pack of cigarettes, smelt horrible. The quality was shabby as I wouldn't call it a bedspread as a sheet is thicker....
My wife decided to return it as it did not meet our expectations...we put in a request for a return label and followed up the next morning as we had not received the label. The customer service rep said she would send it and to expect it in a few minutes. After about an hour and a half and no label we called back to a very rude customer service rep, when my wife asked about the label, the woman snapped at her yelling...I could hear from the adjacent room, that it take at least 24 hours and to be patient and wait. My wife then asked if in 24 hours it did not arrive in her email what would be her next step, should she call the lady irately exclaimed "if you want". At this point we hung up as talking to this lady was useless. It was our first and last time, We will never use this site again.

Fairly easy to use this site.

Product Selection
Wide range of stuff, but I feel more dollar store items are safer bet as you can actually see what your getting...pictures and description not always what you get.

Product Pricing
You can get better quality for the same price or less.

Customer Service
As noted in my comments. Very rude, and disrespectful. Even if you are having a bad day, you are in customer service don't harness your energy to the customer.

Shipping and Returns
Still trying to get shipping label, waiting another 24 hours...

• Shipping and Returns:

Unethical business practices and horrible customer service

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

Ordered items and didn't come as ordered had to call to let them know.... Finally got left out item after a lot of run a round. So unsatisfied canceled membership and would not reimburse membership. Had to register a complaint with credit card and ended up with only partial refund. Unethical business, awful customer service in my opinion. Inconsistent product quality. Most is poor quality.

Customer service awful and argumentative.

Cheap quality

Overpriced for quality

Wish I could go lower than 1 here

Shipping and Returns
Nightmare ending in complaint to credit card company

Good quality products

Good quality products.

Ordering was easy.

Product was as pictured.

Product Pricing
The price was reasonable.

Customer Service
I called customer service to find out about the rest of my refund. Didn't get a clear answer the first time. The second time I called went better.

Shipping and Returns
Ordered 5 items for $83. Returned 5 items (3 unopened, 2 opened) and was refunded $7 initially. However, I did receive my full refund minus the shipping.

• Shipping and Returns:

knee support and foot massaging ball

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

I had one of the worst online purchase experience with Collections Inc. First my original order didn't arrive as stated, then they told me they would refund the cost minus shipping, but they never did. A true nightmare with the customer crew, Kim, Jessica, etc.

Customer service didn't honor their words.

Customer Service
The worst kind I experienced. Be wise and stay away from a company that doesn't honor their words to their customers.

Shipping and Returns
The package never showed up. Called and was told to wait more first. After I requested to talk to the team leader, she agreed to ship a replacement, though it took another while. Later I was told if I return the second package, they would refund me the cost minus the shipping but they never did. What a disaster company to work with.

Deceitful Advertising

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

The product was not what advertised to be. It was poor quality and had a inferior design. The ole bait and switch. The product advertised in the catalog was not the same one they sent.

Product Selection
Only one option shown but that is not what they sent. Who knows what the product selection really is.

Product Pricing
About twice as high as you could get in a brick a mortar store like a JCPenney.

Customer Service
Did not contact. It was too much for shipping and handling to send it back. We will cut our losses and never order from them again.

Shipping and Returns
Too expensive to return. They lied about the free shipping too.

• Shipping and Returns:

CollectionsEtc.com has nice selections and good service.

Comments about CollectionsEtc.com:

CollectionsEtc.com has nice selections and good service. They have a wide variety of products. Many of their items are available from other sellers. But CollectionsEtc usually has very good prices. And their customer service is very good.

Their website is easy to use and is very user friendly. Their check-out procedure is easy to use. And I have even called them before to discuss a product and the customer service rep was VERY helpful and knowledgeable.

Items were packed well and shipped quickly. Sometimes I am able to use codes to get reduced costs or free shipping. I really like when I can take advantage of special offiers like that.

I have been very pleased with all the products I have purchased from CollectionsEtc. I have never had to return or exchange anything. I have given many of the items to friends and family as gift and all the recipients have been very pleased with the items.

So what do you want from an online retailer? Good service, good products, good prices and a user-friendly website. CollectionsEtc. has all of those things. So I will give them a rating of 10!