Other Manual Toothbrushes:
Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush

Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

The Colgate Wisp gives you clean teeth AND fresh breath!

The other day I ate a Greek gyro with tons of fresh onion.  After I ate it, I had horrible onion breath.  I wasn't at home, so I couldn't just brush my teeth and floss like I normally would have done.  I remembered that I had just purchased the **Colgate** **Wisp **a couple days prior and put one in my purse, so I found a bathroom to try out my new product.

The **Colgate Wisp **is a small, disposable toothbrush that contains a dental pick on one end of the handle and a mini toothbrush on the other.  In the center of the toothbrush is a small, hard "freshening bead".  The toothbrush is very small and has mini bristles surrounding the freshening bead.  Each Colgate Wisp is for a one-time use.  When you are finished using it, just toss it.  There is no water or rinsing necessary.

I took one **Colgate Wisp **out of the package and began to brush my teeth with it.  At first I thought the bristles were too fine and the toothbrush head was too small, but it allowed to me reach all of my teeth easily.  Soon I noticed the wonderful effects of the freshening bead.  The freshening bead is hard and not gel-like, like toothpaste.  The pressure of brushing your teeth seems to activate the freshening bead and you get a burst of fresh, clean, mintiness in your mouth.  I liked the dental pick a lot because it enabled me to easily get food out of my teeth.

The **Colgate Wisp **comes in three flavors:

- Spearmint

- Cinnamint

- Peppermint

The reason why I gave the **Colgate Wisp **5 stars is because I loved how fresh and clean my mouth felt afterwards.  Unlike gum or mints that just temporarily freshen your breath, the **Colgate Wisp **actually left my teeth feeling smooth and clean.  Between the dental pick and the toothbrush, my whole mouth felt clean and fresh and not like I was just covering up bad breath.  The strong mint flavor of the freshening bead really worked.  I felt like I had fresh breath for hours after I used the **Colgate Wisp**.

Another reason why I love this product is because it is so small, a package of four **Wisps, **easily fits in my purse.  They are awesome for eating out or traveling!  I no longer have to worry about onion, garlic or plain old bad breath when I am away from home.  I absolutely love these and will continue to buy them.

The itsy-bitsy ... whatever!

Part of the fun of ordering from *[Drugstore.com][1] * is that sometimes whoever packs your order will throw in a free introductory sample of a new product and so it came to pass that, as I was unpacking a shipment the other day, I ended up staring riveted at something I had never seen before ... the ***Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush***.  This was a new one on me and that is unusual since I am a veteran of many survey sites and know all about most products before they even appear in the stores.  I have got to admit that I would have never dreamt that someone would come up with the ***Wisp***.  It seemed bizarre to me but the siren song of getting a chance to review something else was too strong to resist.  With some difficulty, I wrested the little rascal from its plastic bubble wrap and carefully proceeded to use it.  I won't sugar-coat it -- suffice to say that brushing with the ***Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush*** was one of my worst oral care experiences since the day I ran out of toothpaste and tried to wing it with plain baking soda instead.

**STATS:**

The ***Colgate Wisp Toothbrush*** is an itsy-bitsy plastic instrument roughly resembling a miniature toy toothbrush suitable for use on an American Girl doll.  The brush is almost three inches long and has a small oval bristled head which contains a very small "freshening bead" of something which I assume is toothpaste. *** Wisp Toothbrushes*** come in three flavors ... Peppermint, Spearmint and Cinnamon.  Brushing with this instrument is purported to require no water or rinsing which leads me to believe that this has been designed to be used in moments when discretion is important -- perhaps at one's desk after lunch or surrepticiously on a date or during the course of a trip.  No matter where it is used, I think that this gadget is really a bad idea.

**DRAWBACKS:**

It's not unusual to be confronted with a choice of "*Hard*", "*Medium*" or "*Soft*" bristles whilst purchasing a toothbrush.  None of those designations begins to describe the ***Wisp***'s bristles which are hard enough to scrub itsy bitsy cement pavement!  Even with me looking into a mirror and exercising exquisite care, brushing with the ***Wisp*** was a painful experience and I could barely finish the task.  There is hardly enough freshening-bead paste to cleanse one's mouth but you can forget that business about not needing to rinse with water afterward.  In a word, **YECH**!

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

If you care about the environment even a smidge -- and most of us do -- the worst quality about the ***Colgate Wisp Toothbrush*** is that it is **disposable** -- designed to be used once and dumped.  Discarding a regular-sized plastic toothbrush once every six weeks or so is one thing -- now can you imagine what it would be like if even half of us started ditching hundreds of these itsy-bitsy things every year?

My understanding is that we have to select at least one star to post a legitimate review and I suppose someone deserves at least one star for hatching an oral care idea which was (let's face it) something different.  That the ***Colgate Wisp Toothbrush*** is an unprecedented new invention cannot be disputed -- and that's just what someone must have thought when they developed nuclear bombs back in the '40s!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Drugstore-com-review-cab25

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

The Colgate Wisp disposable toothbrush is a real lifesaver if you have a busy lifestyle. It helps to freshen your breath and make your teeth and mouth feel better. I use the Wisp toothbrush at work, and my children use it at school after they eat lunch.

Perfect & Portable for On the Go

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

I recently stumbled upon these in my local drugstore and thought they looked interesting. I decided I would give them a try as During the day after lunch or a snack, I always want to brush my teeth but dont' want to carry a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste around all day. The Colgate Wisp Disposable toothbrush is perfect for these occasions. I take them to work and leave some in my desk to use after lunch and they also fit easily into any handbag or carryall bag. They are great for travel, work and on the go. They are just like a regular toothbrush only much smaller. They clean your teeth as well as the large size toothbrush and leaves you mouth and teeth feeling clean and fresh. This is important to me as I deal with customers all day long and fresh breath is very important! I would recommend these to anyone especially business people who are not home all day to brush their teeth. They work wonderfully and leave your teeth super clean.

Simply adorable!

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

The Colgate disposable toothbrushes are great and really useful. They can be used for mid-day after lunch, or if you're meeting up with someone after or in between work and class. They really work when you don't have the time to freshen up by traditionally brushing your teeth with a regular toothbrush and toothpaste. You can really get that "clean" feeling and they do not leave any strange after taste in your mouth. These disposable toothbrushes are handy and you can carry them around in your purse. I originally wanted to try these because they were extremely cute, but they really work so that's a huge plus. I know mid-day some people may just eat a mint or chew a slice of gum, but I prefer these for freshening up and clean up any light food stains that could have been left over after lunch or a snack, which is something a simple mint cannot do. To sum things up, I'm going to stick using these.

Ok but not great

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

I have previously purchased and used these Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrushes and they were ok but I would just assume to keep a small travel toothbrush and small tube with me to use on the spot. The first thing I must say about these so called tooth brushes is that they actually aren't brushes at all. They are kind of plastic so yo me it is not at all comparable to real toothbrushes. I do like that in one end they have a sort of toothpick that you can use to get stuff out if your teeth. With the Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrushes they come with a small bubble if toothpaste that activates once it is wet and you start brushing. It does help freshen your breath temporarily but they do not leave your teeth feeling clean and smooth is again I would rather have a regular toothbrush. I would certainly say I would recommend this in a pinch but not often. Another thing about these Colgate Wisp is that they are pretty pricey to only get two or four in a pack.

This are great to have for on the go.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

I used to always take a toothbrush and toothpaste every where with me because you never know when you might need it. I saw these for a while on the shelves before I ever considered using them. I mean really how well can a mini throw away toothbrush help you anyway. I finally was like what the hey I should just try these instead of just assuming that they do not actually work. I bought the Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush pack and loved them. They actually work very well for being as tiny as they are. They are great to have a set in your car in case you need them, in your purse, or in the diaper bag. Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrushes have a good flavor and scent to them that they actually make your mouth taste fresh and help with fighting bad breath. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is on the go a lot. I would not leave home with out these ever since I finally chose to try them out. I have never regretted these since buying them.

Removes bad breath very well.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

These clean the same as my manual toothbrush.The bristles are fine enough to reach and clean between my teeth.The head is very compact to navigate around my mouth and to the back teeth.It gives the back teeth a very clean and glossy feel afterward because of this.This is also gentle as it doesn't scratch my gums or cause any tooth discomfort.It is superior at leaving my breath fresh.The little breath freshening bead in the middle has a refreshing sensation like a mint.It takes care of odors on the tongue very well.Even tough odors like onion.It doesn't mask it and just mix in with it making my breath smell like minty onion either.Gross!It actually removes the taste from my tongue.That is my number one favorite part about these.My second is not having to use water with them.That makes them truly on the go.These are easy to put in my bag because of how tiny they are.

Only for a light brushing .

from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

At first when I saw this item for sale I said to myself what a great idea maybe I should purchase a couple to have on had when I'm in a hurry and do not get a chance to brush before I have to go this would be great. So I did buy a few packs. My family wanted to try this as well first my kids did and they both agreed they like it some but the only problem was that they were to small . They felt like it was not worth their time because they felt like they still needed a good brushing after using. So I decide to try it and I to felt the same just to small feels like you are not covering your teeth when you brush maybe only good for a light touch up when you already brushed real good before.

Very Helpful

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

I am in love with the Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush. This toothbrush allows me to keep a healthy cleaning routine no matter where i am. I like the fact that even though the toothbrush is very compact, it performs like a regular one, when i use it i feel my teeth very clean and my breath is fresh. The size of the toothbrush allows me to have them everywhere, i keep a couple in my purse, on my desk at work and i take them every time i travel. They are the perfect mid day pick me up for my teeth, specially after lunch, when i have a meeting and my lunch is still lingering around my mouth. the only down side is that they are a little hard to use at first, it takes some time to get use to them and have them work properly, but once you practice with them a couple of times, they are the an excellent tool to keep your teeth clean and your dental routine on track when you are on the go.

Nice to have on hand just in case.

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

I really enjoy these Colgate Wisps. They are very handy to keep one or two in your purse or your car if you have forgotten to brush your teeth or just need a refresher. At the center of the wisp is a little dot of cleaner that gives your teeth and your breath that quick pick me up. It easily brushes away pieces of food leftover from your snack, but it shouldn't be relied upon to do a full teeth cleaning. I also like that on the opposite end of the actual brush is a pick. This is great for getting out little pieces of food that the simple brush head just can't get out. My husband likes to use these too when he is traveling or for his work that he works long hours at. It tastes great and contains just the right amount of cleaner to really make your mouth feel cleaner. I wish that there were either a bit cheaper or that they were reusable, but all in all it is a great invention and product!

Perfect for on the go

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Colgate Wisp Disposable Toothbrush:

I saw these in the store on sale one day and because of how great the price was I figured it was a great time to try them. These little things are perfect if your on the go. Obviously it doesn't replace a regular tooth brush. However say your out and you just drank coffee, or ate lunch and you need to brush your teeth. Running home to do so is not always an easy option. These are great to throw in your car or purse for just those occasions. They have the little bristles so they are able to scrub your teeth. They have the tooth past in the center which helps to give you that fresh just brushed your teeth smell. They come in packs of 4 so they really are great to have in your car or purse. The only thing I didn't really like about them was the tooth past past. It's hard so for me at least i'd have to bite it before I used it to scrub my teeth while I was out. Maybe it was just the ones I had or maybe that's how they all are. Either way I just found to do that wasted a good portion of the tooth paste. I usually had to use what was left to scrub my teeth and then eat a mint afterwards just so I'd have that minty fresh breath. Overall though I think they are good to have for people on the go.