3.9

Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste

3.9

Pros

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this toothpaste!

I'm not really picky about toothpaste, but my husband is.  He only likes Colgate because he says other brands are too sweet, and he prefers paste, so here we are: Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste.  I've tried several Colgate toothpastes and honestly, like them all.  This one is no exception.

**Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste **does everything I want a toothpaste to do - whitens teeth, fights tartar and helps prevent cavities, gingivitis and plaque.  It also has a good flavor, so it's basically perfect.  Even though it's a paste, the texture isn't too chalky or gritty, so that's nice too.

When I brush my teeth with this Colgate toothpaste, it leaves my teeth feeling smooth and my whole mouth feels super clean.  It freshens breath also.  I do have to say that it doesn't freshen breath quite as well as Crest with Scope Toothpaste, but that toothpaste is extra special in the breath freshening department.

Overall, I have no complaints about this toothpaste.  It does everything my husband and I want it to do!

Too thick and tastes nasty.

I usually buy whitening toothpastes and those with tartar protection and have never had any issues with them. This Colgate Total Whitening version just doesn't do it for me. How hard is it to make toothpaste? I shouldn't have to worry about which tube to pick up, they're all pretty much the same, right? Not quite.

This paste is thick and no matter how long you brush with it it never thins out. You end up with a big glob in your mouth that feels gross. What flavor there is is not refreshing, to say the least. After brushing my teeth I feel like I need to brush my teeth again. No mint aftertaste. It has a chemical flavor but it isn't pleasant.

Sorry Colgate, I'll be throwing this tube away and making a mental note to buy Crest from now on.

Fast way to a healthy, whiter smile.

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

This has quickly become my favvorite toothpaste. I am impressed with how clean my teeth feel after brushing. I have also noticed that this tooth paste has helped to reduce the yellowing of my teeth. I am in my 40's and between age, coffee, cola, and berries I have slowly stained my teeth with time. This is a huge, yet simple way to reduce the effects of fun eating! I find it most effective on stains, and I assume cavity fighting as well, if I brush right after eating. The paste is quite smooth in texture which I prefer over the many grittier toothpaste products on the market. My only criticism is the taste. It is one of the stronger flavored toothpastes and because of this, I find that my children will not use it ... more for me! Colgate Whitening is a more expensive brand, but I do find that it has whitened my smile and I haven't had a cavity in many years. It is worth the little extra.

Does not whiten that well.

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

I needed a whitening toothpaste and saw Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste so decided to try it out. After a while I figured that my teeth would at least turn one shade whiter but there was absolutely no difference in the shades of white. This toothpaste has a weird taste to it that you cant get out of your mouth.

Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste Didn't Deliver For Me!

from Tiny Town, GA

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

I normally use toothpastes for people with sensitive teeth, because I have super sensitive teeth, but a couple of months ago I decided to try a tube of **Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste** because my teeth didn't seem to be as white and bright as they normally are.

I have to say that I was not very impressed with the whitening ability of this toothpaste. Honestly, after brushing twice or three times a day with **Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste,** and using the entire tube, I couldn't tell that my teeth were any whiter or brighter than before I used it. I was disappointed that this toothpaste didn't deliver for me what it advertised it would...at least in the stain removal and whitening aspects.

As far as providing protection from cavities and helping prevent gingivitis, I think that **Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste** is fine. It has a very fresh and minty good taste that makes my teeth and my mouth feel clean. BUT, I was looking for those good qualities as we as some noticeable whitening of my teeth, and this product just did not come through for me!

The manufacturer's product features are:

*"Colgate total plus whitening gel toothpaste has a combination of triclosan for gingivitis protection and fluoride for cavity protection.It has been shown to help reduce the formation of plaque and tartar above the gumline.It has a breakthrough cleaning ingredient to whiten your teeth by gently removing surface stains.*"

I suppose this toothpaste must work okay for some people because a lot of people seem to like it much more than I like it. Maybe it's just "my teeth". I'm not really sure. What I am sure of is that this toothpaste's name says it is a "whitening toothpaste" and in my experience using it--I couldn't tell that it whitened my teeth at all.

There are many toothpastes on the market that actually do remove stains and whiten your teeth. If that's what you're looking for in a toothpaste, my advice to you is for you to leave **Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste** on the shelf at the store and buy a different "whitening" toothpaste that may cost a little more but will also actually do what it promises it will--whiten your teeth!

Clean feeling

from Succasunna, NJ

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

I have used this toothpaste forever and a day. I love all of the features Colgate offers in this product. The shortening, cavity protection, fresh breath protection, they have it all covered in this one product. I have heard that Colgate was not good for you but I have never had any problems with it. I use a small amount and get all of the results advertised on the product. I am a smoker and this helps get rid of some of the stains. After I brush I have a shiny smile looking back at me. Works great I would recommend it to new users. My grocery store always has this product on sale and with manufacture coupons you can get this for a great price.

I tried not to swallow to much of this toothpaste. I know that sounds conflicting on how I rated the taste. The taste while brushing your teeth is Monty and refreshing but I do not like the taste of it when I swallow it. I always have to rinse my mouth out and swallow some water. I am not sure why but it just don't like it when I swallow it. Must be a crazy thing I have but I still use it all the time and love how it works.

Colgate Total Whitening Didn't Work For Me

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

Toothpaste is toothpaste if you ask me. I am not picky about the type I use, trying to stock up when they are on sale (and adding coupons always helps too). We have one criteria, my husband does not like gel toothpastes, so I always have to look for a brand that comes in a paste.

Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste makes a lot of claims. It says it will help prevent cavities (that is due to the addition of fluoride), and that it helps prevent plaque build up and gum disease such as gingivitis.

Many toothpastes on the market today claim to whiten teeth, but the words "Total Whitening" really caught my eye and I had high hopes of cleaning my teeth which are stained due to the amount of coffee and tea that I consume.

The tube does say that this toothpaste helps remove surface stains when you brush your teeth after every meal or at least twice a day. That's not unreasonable, most people brush their teeth morning and night, twice a day.

The toothpaste tastes like mint and while it tastes pleasant it doesn't freshen my breath like some stronger tasting toothpastes do. It cleans well enough, but after two tubes I don't see any whiter teeth than before I purchased this toothpaste. It definitely disappointed in that regard.

Since this product didn't live up to its name, I would not purchase it again if I were going for a tooth whitening toothpaste.

Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste is alright

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

I think Colgate Total Whitening toothpaste is better as a general toothpaste than for its whitening capabilities. In general, I think this toothpaste does a good job of getting your teeth clean and your breath fresh. And the taste is fairly good.

However, I don't think it really works in terms of whitening teeth. I did not see any noticable difference in terms of any whitening effect when I used it. To be fair, this is probably true of most "whitening" toothpastes or "whitening" products in general. If you want to really get your teeth whitened, it would be better to get them done by a dentist.

In terms of price, this toothpaste is around the general range of name brands, although I have found some toothpastes like AIM or Pepsodent to be cheaper.

Overall, I would give this toothpaste a partial recommendation as a general toothpaste but not for its whitening.

Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste is great!

from Orem, UT

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

Overall this was an amazing toothpaste. I like that I could brush my teeth at night, and still have that clean feeling when I woke up in the morning. I also appreciated the flip-top lid, as the screw type lids always seem to get misplaced in our house. The toothpaste had a flavor that both my picky husband and I enjoyed.

One thing I didn't like about the Colgate Total Whitening is how thick it was. I suppose this is to be expected when buying a "paste" toothpaste as opposed to a "gel" toothpaste. I will definitely check into a Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste that is the gel consistency.

I would definitely purchase this toothpaste again, but would prefer it in the "gel" consistency for next time.

Colgate Total Whitening Paste makes my mouth feel clean

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

I generally stick to the Colgate brand because of the taste and texture of the toothpaste. The Colgate Total Whitening Paste toothpaste makes my mouth feel clean and refreshed. The box states that it prevents cavaties, freshens breath, removes stains and whitens teeth, and prevents gingivitis (with proper brushing and flossing!), but if you read the active ingredients on most brands of toothpastes, it is generally the same. I think it comes down to personal preference over the the claims of each company and their marketing team.

The Colgate Total Whitening toothpaste tastes clean and minty, it doesn't get too foamy or frothy while brushing. I like that the same formula comes in both white paste and blue gel formula.

I Like Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste. I found that I liked it a lot. I left my mouth feeling clean and with a fresh feeling. It felt like this toothpaste was really doing something and I was glad that I tried it. It has a great taste and my teeth felt truly clean. It has a bit of a gritty feel, but I don't mind that because I think it helps clean my teeth better. I bought the toothpaste on sale and I also had a coupon so it was a very good value, which is important to me. I will definitely be looking for sales and coupons on Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste. It prevents gingivities and cavities and also prevents and removes stains from teeth. I'm glad that I took a chance and tried a new to me toothpaste! I would recommend Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste as a good toothpaste at a good price. I really do like this toothpaste!

This toothpaste feels clean!

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about Colgate Total Whitening Paste Toothpaste:

I love this toothpaste. It really does clean well. The baking soda is what makes this toothpaste great! Your teeth may have to get used to it at first. If you're not used to it, your teeth can feel weird. The taste isn't bad, either. I believe they have different flavors. I prefer the mint. As for the whitening aspect of this toothpaste, it is pretty good but not drastic changes. You will get better results through repeated use (at least twice a day). I have been using this toothpaste for a couple of years now and find myself repurchasing it so there must be something good about it, right?! If you feel like your toothpaste isn't cleaning well, you probably should give this toothpaste a try! I wouldn't say this is the best toothpaste ever because there are some problems with it, but it is defintely the best I have found so far and I have tried a lot of toothpastes! I hope you find your right toothpaste!