Other Toothpastes:
Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste

Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Colgate is a brand that I trust.

When it comes to toothpaste, every week there seems to be either free toothpaste, or 99 cent toothpaste, after register rewards. This is how our household has purchased toothpaste for several years...Read complete review

When it comes to toothpaste, every week there seems to be either free toothpaste, or 99 cent toothpaste, after register rewards. This is how our household has purchased toothpaste for several years now.

Colgate is a brand that I trust. It has been around since I was a small child in England.

The toothpaste I am reviewing today is the Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste. The size of my tube is 4 ounce.

The second you open the cap you can smell the fresh mint. The toothpaste is white, and similar to theirs, and other brands of toothpaste.

It seems to clean our teeth well, and it states that it "Helps Prevent Cavities, Gingivitis, and Plaque". We both like the taste, smell, and it cleans our teeth as well as any other good brand of toothpaste.

When it comes to stains, and you are in your 60's and 70's no toothpaste will remove them.

I think Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste does a good job. It is quite expensive if you don't check for sales, coupons, and register rewards.

We use this Colgate all the time

This Colgate toothpaste is a brand that we use consistently. It is not fancy nor is it expensive. It is basic and it is effective for keeping your teeth clean and tartar at bay. I am extremely frugal when it comes to buying certain products and toothpaste is one of them. This particular barnd of Colgate toothpaste is always avialable at mygrocery store (which is where I buy my toothpaste) and it is always on sale. It comes in both gel and paste variteies. We prefer the gel, but will go with the paste if they are out of gel. They both work well for our family of five and it lasts a good long time. I usually stock up on several tubes at a time, so we never run out. The tubes squeeze well and aren't messy. We are not too choosy about flavor, but these tubes usually offer a good flavor and keep our breathe fresh enough. The tube stores well for us in our medicine cabinet and everybody accesses the same tube for family use.

Actually seems to whiten!!

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

After trying many different brands looking for a whitening toothpaste I came across the Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste. After a few weeks of using it my wife pointed out that my teeth looked whiter. All I can say is finally there is a whitening toothpaste that works.

Colgate is a brand that I trust.

from New Port Richey, FL

Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste works

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste is one that my wife enjoys using on a regular basis. We are both in our late 50s and preserving our teeth is very important to each of us.

She enjoys the fresh breath and clean feeling that Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste gives her. Also, the toothpaste has fluoride, as most do, and has Triclosan which is an ingredient which prevents gingivitis.

The toothpaste when used regularly also prevents plaque and tarter while whitening teeth.

As for cons, like most branded products, it is expensive at full retail price. However, Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste is epriodically on sale and coupons can be found.

I recommend Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste.

Very healthy

from Miami, FL

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I love colgate total. I have been using it since it first launched. I usually don't like switching between toothpastes but Colgate total was recommended to me by my dentist. She told me that she uses it as well and has only positive experiences with it. So I switched to it and have been very happy with it. It leaves a shine with my teeth and over time I feel it has made my teeth whiter. It also is great in cleaning my teeth. The one thing I usually hate about dental products is the way they taste. Surprisingly Colgate total tastes more natural to me than other products and I don't mind the taste at all. It leaves a refreshing taste in my mouth and it feels very fresh too. It takes care of any bad breath and it is the most healthy for my teeth. It helps avoid any problems for your teeth including cavities and also helps in preventing plaque. I take colgate along with me even when I go on trips as now I cannot do without it and need it everyday.

Colgate Total Advanced keeps my teeth healthy!

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I have purchased Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpast for my family for a while now. We really enjoy using it! The minty flavor is really fresh and strong, which for me is a positive since I feel the freshness of it for a while after I brush my teeth. I also appreciate the healthy aspects of it such as the facts that it helps prevent gingivitis, plaque and cavities. My teeth feel very clean and my gums are healthy! I am a deal hunter, so I love the fact that there are always coupons available for Colgate toothpastes! When I combined the coupons with a sale I get great deals that allows my family to enjoy this nice roduct at an affordable price. I actually have stocked up on toothpaste due to the great sales available. On the whitening properties of it, I have not actually seen a change, but it gets the cleaning job done well regardless, so I strongly recommend it!

Toothpaste That'll Keep You Away From Your Dentist?

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

This Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste is great. It does make my teeth whiter than when I am using other Colgate Toothpaste or other brand. The "Total" is great, as it protects your teeth from gingivitis, plaque, and other dental disease. Even though it did not state on the product, but I think it provides the 24 hours protection like from the other Colgate Total Toothpaste products. The toothpaste does not leave any bad aftertaste in the mouth when you finish brushing your teeth. Also, when finishing brushing my teeth, I use it to brush my tongue as well, which also gives me a cleaner feeling as well. Overall, the product is great, use it twice daily and should give you good dental health.

Colgate total advanced will be my first choice from now on!

from Bryn Mawr, PA

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I originally purchased this toothpaste only because it was on sale at the pharmacy near my house. I have a lot of cavities, as well as many other teeth issues such as staining, so I have tried out many kinds of tooth paste in the past. I have to admit I was very pleased with colgate's advanced total. I love the strong minty after taste that this toothpaste leaves my mouth with - it makes me feel very clean and I think it really freshens up my breath. I'm not positive how effective it is in terms of preventing cavities, but I do think it has helped whiten my teeth in at least some small level. I only hope that they would be able to lower their prices a little, or have more salve, so that I can continue to buy and use this toothpaste!

Colgate Total Advanced Plus Whitening makes my dentist happy

from Denver, CO

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I have to admit, I have been partial to Colgate toothpastes. For some reason, I do prefer the taste to other brands that I've tried, including Crest, Arm & Hammer, Tom's of Maine, and Aquafresh. I think the taste is more pepperminty, not spearminty.

More importantly, of all the types of Colgate toothpaste I've tried, the Total Advanced Plus Whitening is my favorite. It cleans beautifully, has no gritty feeling, leaves a refreshing aftertaste, and gets keeps mild surface stains at bay. My teeth look bright, but not artificially blinding white as you see with whitening strips or whitening products. My dentist has had no complaints about my teeth for the past six years that I've used this product.

Now, I'm not a fanatic about brushing (about a minute twice a day is sometimes all I do), I don't floss regularly, and I don't use any special rinses. Despite not being the optimal dental patient, I've had no cavities, no gum issues, and minimal tartar issues since using this toothpaste. And that makes my dentist smile!

This is the only toothpaste I like

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

I'm really picky about my toothpaste in several ways.

1. It has to taste just right. Colgate Total ADvanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste isn't too strong and it isn't too mild. It has a nice minty, clean flavor and it doesn't burn my mouth when I use it.

2. It has to whiten my teeth. I like to drink coffee and tea so it's very important to me that my toothpast helps me to maintain white (or at least non-yellow) teeth. Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste does just that. My teeth always look just the right amount of white. I don't want my teeth to glow like I've been using whitening strips so I have to rely on my toothpaste and Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste does the job just right.

My Favorite Toothpaste

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Plus Whitening Toothpaste:

Colgate Total with whitening is my favorite toothpaste. It does exactly what it advertises. It cleans and keeps your breath fresh for hours and it whitens your teeth. My husband has always struggled with bad breath and when I switched to this type of toothpaste, his bad breath was much better and it lasted much longer. His teeth also look much better and he hasn't had a cavity since we started using this. I love the way my teeth feel after using it and I love the flavor and how it keeps my whole mouth clean and fresh between brushings. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a new toothpaste. It really does what it claims to do. There are also high value coupons out quite often which allows us to purchase it at a low cost.