Other Toothpastes:

Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Brush Your Teeth With Spongebob

My kids were out of toothpaste, and of course they didn't share this information with me until they were completely out.  My kids do not like grown up toothpaste, they say it is too spicy and it burns.  It was towards the end of the month and I was down to almost zero money, but I didn't want them to miss out on brushing their teeth, so I went to the store to get some toothpaste for them, their regular brand was not on sale, and in fact was quite expensive on this particular day, so I bought them the Colgate Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste, SpongeBob Squarepants.  I normally don't go for the themed toothpastes, but it was from Colgate which is not our normal brand, but it is a brand I know to be good.  My kids are also resistant to change with certain things, but they love Spongbob, so I figured they might be less resistant since he was on the packaging. Colgate Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste, SpongeBob Squarepants comes in a 4.6 oz tube, with a screw off cap.  In fact it looks more like a bottle of suntan lotion than it does a toothpaste.

This product has been proven to prevent cavities so that is certainly a good thing.

**Ingredients**Sodium Fluoride 0.24% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion)|Sorbitol|Water|Hydrated Silica|PEG-12|Cellulose Gum|Tetrasoidum Pyrophosphate|Sodium Lauryl Sulfate|Flavor|Sodium Saccharin|Mica|Titanium Dioxide|FD&C Blue No.1

This toothpaste can be used by people 2 years of age and up.  Those who are between 2 and 6 years old, should only use an amount about the size of a pea.

The toothpaste is a deep blue but clear color.  Clear meaning you could see through it.  It looks more like a gel than a paste.  To me it looks and smells like bubble gum, the taste is very light and is not "spicy" as my children would put it.  The taste is very mild, and that makes it appealing to children, while we adults might like our breath to be minty fresh, that is not what kids really want.  So the kids really liked the flavor, to me the flavor was weak and I didn't get the feel that I am used to when I brush my teeth with my toothpaste, but I am not really the demographic.  My kids like the toothpaste, and they use it without complaining, and believe me if they didn't like it I would know about it, my kids don't ever hold their feelings back.  They say they don't like it as much as their regular brand, but they like it enough to use it and would not have a problem if I bought it again.

**Bottom Line**

**Good price, cute packaging, the kids like it, proven to protect cavities, and is made from a good well known company.  I guess that would mean that I would have to recommend this.  **

Sorry kids--SpongeBob is out because he's not gluten free

My kids have symptoms of Celiac Disease and other multiple sensitivities, so we are avoiding all products with gluten. My 5-year-old's preschool class was learning about tooth care and brought home a trial sized SpongeBob toothpaste tube.

**What I like about SpongeBob Colgate toothpaste:**

- If something like this can get kids to brush, that's great.

- Contact information is clearly labeled on the package.

- Customer support was friendly and somewhat helpful.

**What I don't like about SpongeBob Colgate toothpaste:**

- If it's not gluten free, it's not for me (or the kids). Customer Service said the toothpaste did not have ingredients known to contain gluten but that there could be cross contamination from their suppliers. Imagine having to shop with three young children and needing to read each label and having to contact the manufacturer any time a product is not labeled as gluten free.

- It would be helpful if the label said something like "May contain gluten"--this would save me the time and hassle of calling the contact number and would help people who are doing programs to be able to choose products that are gluten free so that my kids don't feel left out

- In my opinion, SpongeBob is rude and disrespectful and I don't like for my kids to watch this cartoon. I think that **Colgate** could choose a better character to put on their packaging.

**My Viewpoint:**

I do not know how this **SpongeBob Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste** tastes or how it works, but it may contain gluten. This is a big deal to my family because even trace amounts of gluten cause my kids to have severe abdominal pain. I think it would be helpful if Colgate would list their products as either "Gluten Free" or "May Contain Gluten" to make it easier on people who are searching for gluten free products.

My picky kid loves it!

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

I have a son who is seven years old. Since he was three, we had noticed that he has sensory issues, most strongly associated with textures and tastes in his mouth. We struggled transitioning him from "training" toothpaste to regular toothpaste. We seemed to find every brand until we stumbled upon the Colgate Spongebob Squarepants Mild Fruit Toothpaste. My son is not the type to like things just because of characters, but he might TRY IT because of the characters. The moment he tried the mild fruit taste his attitude towards brushing his teeth changed. It is now three years later, and this is still the only toothpaste brand he loves. I tried another competitor (with a different character) and he was not impressed. He wanted to know where his Spongebob toothpaste went. Colgate has not only given me a toothpaste that I trust, but one that has helped me teach my son the importance of oral hygiene.

love this product for my little girl

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

My daughter just turned a year old and our pediatrician said that we needed to start brushing her teeth now that she has them. He told me to use this toothpaste because it was made with children in mind so it is not to harsh on the teeth or gums but still scrubs them gently. I was a little worried about using this product at first because I was not sure if it was okay for my daughter to swallow it because it has floride in it but he said with the small amount that we use it will not hurt her if she swallows it. If it seems to bother her he said to give her lots of water to help flush it out of her system. Over all this product is great. my daughter actually lets me brush her teeth because the toothpaste tastes good now. I know on the box it says for children age two and up but my one year old uses it and she has great teeth. I wouldnt worry about it to much unless it makes you feel uncomfortable but I have yet to find a tooth paste that is safe for children under one year of age.

A wonderful toothpaste for children.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

I just recently was able to get my daughter into brushing her teeth. I bought a Tooth Tunes toothbrush and then I took her to the store to let her pick out her own toothpaste. Colgate Spongebob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste is what she picked. I, of course, was skeptical at first. Bubble fruit? What exactly is that? However, she loved it. She says it tastes really good, however, I think it is a little gross. It is her opinion that matters. She loves brushing her teeth now and this toothpaste is definitely part of what helped her find this love. She gets so excited when she gets to get a new tube; she hums the theme song to the show and everything. Her breath always smells really good after brushing with this toothpaste and I do not have to use a lot on her toothbrush to get a good foam, which is important. I wish I could say Thank You to the creators of this toothpaste specifically, in person, for helping my child start to love brushing her teeth. It is a wonderful thing.

Colgate SpongeBob Toothpaste

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

My son is obsessed with this toothpaste. Actually, he is obsessed with anything SpongeBob. I think the toothpaste is alright, but it could be better. It seems to clean his teeth well, but it does not help his breath. Later in the day, it isn't really an issue. When my son first wakes up in the morning, he has really bad breath. His father does too, so I guess that's where he got it from. He brushes his teeth after breakfast, and his breath still stinks. I tried using the toothpaste, and it did the same to me. The taste is a slight bubble gum flavor, and it isn't very strong. I guess it needs to be mild for kids, but they need to find a way to improve it. Also, this toothpaste doesn't lather up like most. It makes it a little difficult to get some of it on all the teeth. Overall, this toothpaste is alright for kids, but I probably wouldn't buy it if it didn't have SpongeBob on the tube. If it was just a plain box, I wouldn't bother with it.

Great flavor

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

My kids have used lots of toothpastes in their days. They have sensitive palates so adult toothpaste just doesn't cut it for them. They need something with a more mellow flavor and this brand fits the bill. They like the bubble fruit taste. The kids have tried many brands, but seem Colgate always seems to win in the end. My son is a huge fan of the Spongebob one. I personally am not a fan of spongebob, but in a tube of toothpaste that will be used up in 2 or so months, I don't mind having Spongebob chill the in kid bathroom to be squeezed to death by my children. We've used some toothpastes that were bubble fruit, but they were minty bubble fruit and my kids struggled to brush their teeth, this is the right combination of fruit and toothpaste to get the job done for the kids and I. I don't look forward to when my kids are too big for this toothpaste and we have to find something else that they approve of.

My kids love this toothpaste.

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

Getting my kids to brush their teeth is a job in itself. When I brought home SpongeBob toothpaste they were so excited to try it. They said they love the sweet bubble gum taste. It leaves their teeth so clean and eliminates their bad breathe before they go to school in the morning. You would think having SpongeBob on it, it would cost more but it's very affordable. I give it a thumbs up!

Great for kids

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste is a great toothpaste for all kids. My daughter used this toothpaste growing up as a child because she loved to watch SpongeBob. I love the fact that the paste was helping prevent cavitities without her even knowing since it had a great flavor. I recommend it to all parents with children having trouble brushing there teeth.

Colgate Spongebob Squarepants Bubble Fruit Toothpaste

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

Colgate is by far my favorite brand of toothpaste for both adults and kids but lets face it, my opinions don't matter to my two sons who struggle to remember (or remember to forget) to brush their teeth regularly. So it is no doubt a master of marketing who invented the concept of SpongeBob on a fluoride anticavity toothpaste. Thankfully, children are predictable in their reactions to cool marketing tricks and SpongeBob is right up there at the top of entertaining cartoon characters, I even watch the program! The toothpaste gel is bright blue and tasting of bubble gum (but labeled bubble fruit flavor) which is totally agreeable to my kids. Colgate is clinically proven in cavity and enamel protection and my only complaint is the artificial color blue listed last on the ingredients list. The manufacturer places coupons in the Sunday papers somewhat regularly which is good as this little tube of toothpaste fun is not the cheapest brand. It is worth it, but not the cheapest.

This product is great

from Oakwood Village, OH

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

I can only give the Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste product praise. Not only was this product appealing to me when I bought it, but is was also appealing to my grandson and kept him interested in it and wanting to brush his teeth frequently . The toothpaste has a taste that he liked. I repurchased this tooth paste over and over again because it works great and my grandson liked it very much. The results from the product is very appealing because it seems to do very well when I would ask my grandson to "let me see your teeth" when he was done using it on his own without my aiding him with brushing. I really like the claims that the product offers on the packaging and do not dispute them as not being true at all, as I strongly believe this product cleans and protects the teeth without exception for a small child . Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste is a great beginners toothpaste to my grandson just starting out with oral hygiene and care. I highly recommend this dental care product.

My Grandchildren Love This Toothpaste

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Colgate SpongeBob Squarepants Mild Bubble Fruit Toothpaste:

I have my grandchildren sleep over quite frequently and at night before bed they would rather play than take the time to brush their teeth. No matter how much I nag them, they say they are too busy or my toothpaste is too minty and burns their mouths. So when I saw this toothpaste with the image on one of their favorite characters on the tube, I decided to try it. I knew they could not resist it ! I was right. They loved the tube it came in and they also loved the Bubble Fruit taste. It was not minty or strong and they even took a longer time to brush their teeth. One even brushed her teeth twice due to the flavor! Colgate is a trusted brand of toothpaste and you can't go wrong. The price is right, about the same as any other toothpaste. You can find coupons to bring the price down. It is very effective and gives kids a good incentive to brush regularly. The flavor is great and kids love it.