Other Toothpastes:
Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste

Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Colgate Total Enamel Protect leaves my teeth feeling clean.

I have a genetic flaw that gives me soft enamel. This means that I get cavities with the greatest of ease. Upon visiting my dentist for some fillings; I asked the hygienist what toothpaste would be best suited for my unusual problem. She recommended Colgate Total Enamel Protect. She said it would strengthen my enamel and even help rebuild some of the damage. I went out and purchased it that day, and after brushing with it for the first time I could feel how clean my teeth were afterwards. It doesn't have a strong overpowering flavor, and it doesn't have that burn that some toothpaste leaves behind. It's a very mild, but powerful toothpaste and it will leave your teeth feeling really clean. The only negative thing I can say is that there isn't a whitening agent in the toothpaste. As far as the enamel protection goes I can honestly say that it works! I haven't had any more cavities since I've started using this product, and I really like the fact that the price compared to items of a similar style is about the same. If you suffer from cavities I recommend this toothpaste.

Colgate sensitive enamel protect toothpaste - just another paste

I didn't find this toothpaste to be any more special than others I've tried in the past. My teeth have very weak enamel, but they still feel sensitive when I eat anything cold or too sweet. I still have over half of the tube left to use, so maybe I will see some results at that point. I think Colgate is a great brand for a great price. I purchase their toothpaste more than any others, but the "enamel protect" has yet to live up to its word. The flavor is good, but the toothpaste does not squirt cleanly out of the cap. Maybe that is how all of the toothpaste tubes from Colgate are, but I would prefer a more clean squirt. Ok, that is a bit of a stretch. The toothpaste is good and quite inexpensive. As far as protecting my enamel...doubt it.

I feel the difference!

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

I have sensitive teeth. Unfortunately, the combination of brushing too hard and not using soft bristle toothbrushes has caught up to me, and the enamal has begun to wear away at the point where my teeth meet my gums. I have spent years just ignoring it, or "toughing it out" before my dentist recommended a sensitive toothpaste. I saw results, but would still feel the occasional sensitivity. A month ago, I stared using this product Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect and I really can feel the difference. I no longer wince if I graze a rough area of my my mouth while brushing and flossing, and my teeth are no nearly as sensitive to hot or cold drinks. I also really enjoy the flavor of this toothpaste, which can be difficult to find when searching for "sensitive" toothpastes. I am thrilled I have found this product, and don't want to go back to standard toothpastes ever again.

Better than Sensodyne

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

I have used Sensodyne in the past and was satisfied with how well it treated my tooth sensitivity, but it was over priced. Then I discovered Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste. The flavor of the Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste is also an improvement from other brands. I use this toothpaste every morning and night and I am very satisfied with the results. I am able to eat hot and cold foods without crying out in pain. I like the texture of the toothpaste, it's smooth and foams easily, but not too much. My breath feels fresh and clean for hours after using this toothpaste. I am happy I took the chance on a cheaper version than Sensodyne. I will be saving quite a bit of money now that I'm using Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste. I had to use this product for about a week before it started working. Be patient and the relief will come.

Awesome For Sensitive Teeth Like Mine!

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

I started using Colgate sensitive because I was experiencing a lot of discomfort and pain due to sensitivity to cold. Drinking cold beverages or even going out in the cold air would make my teeth ache. I also picked this toothpaste because I had just had to have some cavities filled and I wanted to do more about preventing them, and enamel strengthening was just what I needed. I really love this toothpaste. It tastes great, which for me is a huge factor. It also really has improved my teeth's ability to handle cold. My teeth don't ache and I don't get that sharp pain anymore. I owe this to this toothpaste! As for building enamel I can't really prove that it's doing that because you can't tell by looking at your teeth, but I haven't had a single cavity in 5 or 6 months after switching to this toothpaste. If you have sensitive teeth and gums like me this is my first pick for a recommendation!

Tastes Good And It Really Works

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

I really like the Colegate sensitive toothpaste because after using it for a week or two it resolved my problems with sensitivity and it tastes mildly minty and clean.

I just recently started having problems with sensitive teeth. I would feel pain if drinking an ice cold glass or water. The pain would sort of come and go. I really didn't think a toothpaste would have much impact on that issue, but my dentist recommended sensitive toothpaste and I found it really worked.

This is not an immediate thing, but there is some relief right away and about two weeks into using the toothpaste, the pain was gone. I think the use of this toothpaste builds up the enamel to prevent these problems. I read a recommendation to not fully rinse the toothpaste to just sort of spit it out and I did that at first and I think that helped.

The toothpaste is a semi-thick white creamy paste---not a gel. I don't like the taste of most toothpaste, but this is not offensive. It just has a light sort or clean, slightly minty taste.

This toothpaste is just okay.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

This toothpaste did not leave much of an impression on me. It is one of the many sensitive toothpastes that I have tried. My dentist recommended a couple years ago that I try a toothpaste made for sensitive teeth and this is the first one I actually tried. I was not that impressed. It was an okay toothpaste; definitely not anything that made me say "WOW" about it. It helped my sensitivity to cold items a little bit, but not much else. I still noticed a lot of sensitivity to hot liquids and to sugary foods and drinks. Also, I did not really feel as though it got my teeth really clean. I had to use a lo t of it to really get a good toothpaste foam going when I brushed. For the amount it costs, I expected a lot more from this toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I only bought it once and I do not think I will be buying it again, nor would I recommend to anyone else I know that has sensitive teeth.

Do not hurt teeth and its bleaches the coffee stains out.

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

Had a coupon for it. Thought I try it. Finding a toothpaste that doesn't make my teeth hurt is a terrible job. However, this one did the trick. I brush it on my teeth, left it on for a full minute. There wasn't any stinging on my teeth at all! Amazed? I started to brush my teeth , still waiting for the pain to start in. Nothing! When I got done? My teeth that are stained with coffee stains never have looked brighter or more clean with any other toothpaste out there. Amazed, I have almost used up the whole tube and my teeth are brighter and whiter than I thought was possible to get them that way! I recommend this product if you have crack teeth? Its much more comfortable than any other paste out there and the benefits of having white teeth that I never thought I would ever again have has sold me on this toothpaste. The flavors are awesome too. Cool Clean tasting and works!! Good enough for me!

Works well on sensitive teeth

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

I grabbed this toothpaste one time when I couldn't find Sensodyne at the store. Thought I would give it a try and I am glad I did. This product has a lighter mint flavor than Sensodyne, which is nice because I don't like too strong of a mint flavor.

I have a receding gum line from brushing my teeth too hard over the years, which has left some of my roots slightly exposed at the top of my teeth. Sometimes this causes a lot of sensitivity when I eat or drink certain foods. When I brush with this stuff on a regular basis it definitely helps tone that sensitivity down a lot. I actually don't notice it after using this for awhile. If I stop using it, the sensitivity comes back pretty quickly, so it definitely works.

I would recommend using this if you have heat or cold sensitivity too. It works really well and has a nice flavor.

As far as the whitening part of it goes, I did not notice a difference in the whiteness of my teeth after using it. Either way, I will continue to use this product.

Tastes great!

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste will beat the competition. Compared to the other sensitive teeth toothpastes on the market this is the best in value. The colgate brand usually makes great toothpastes and are priced right. We put these in care packages.

Great Sensitive Toothpaste!

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

This brand of sensitive toothpaste is great for me and my sensitive teeth. Colgate makes a quality product with a quality taste that I can definitely get behind. In addition, this product works well with enamel protection. What's not to love here?

Nice product for sensitive teeth!

Comments about Colgate Sensitive Enamel Protect Toothpaste:

I've been plagued with sensitive teeth all my life. I've tried lots of different toothpastes, but most of them taste really really bad. This is the FIRST toothpaste I've found that tastes like normal toothpaste. And it seems to have helped with my tooth sensitivity because I don't make an involuntary "hissss" when I take a drink of something really cold.