3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Performance/Cleaning:

The Colgate Spin Brush has helped my gingivitus symtoms.

The Colgate Spin Brush battery operated tooth brush has been the perfect companion for me for more than two years.

My dental health has been on the back burner for...Read complete review

My dental health has been on the back burner for more that twenty years, due to the needs of the children and my husband.  My teeth were very strong and healthy as a child and I thought they would always be.  WRONG!!!!!!

Two years ago I went to the dentist, because I had bitten down on a hard candy and broke a tooth.  I had the problem tooth pulled because it wasn't noticeable.  The dentist told me I had gingivitis's and needed to have a cleaning.  My gums were recessed, and could become painful if food became trapped.  (Popcorn, my favorite snack, was a major offender.)

So I did go to the cleaning and scheduled another cleaning after six months.  I did buy my Colgate Spin Brush after the first cleaning.  I had choices of other electric toothbrushes but found that the head on the Colgate Spin Brush was the easiest to replace.  I do have problems with the strength in my hands so this became crucial.  I can change the head after each cleaning, and after any illness.

My second cleaning was much easier and the checkup showed that the gingivitis was not critical.  While brushing twice, sometimes three times a day with the Spin Brush, may not have completely corrected the gingivitis I know it has helped.  I no longer have pink when I brush, my gums are tougher and seems to me they hold the teeth more securely.  If the pain associated with gingivitis shows up I just brush the gums a little bit more time and the stimulation seems to take care of the soreness.

The Spin Brush uses two AA batteries, and seems to run a long time.  I change the batteries about every six months.

The Spin Brush is very comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver.  I have bought the Colgate Spin Brush for my children and grandchildren.

This toothbrush is the reason I stick to regular ones!

I bought this toothbrush when I bought a Tooth Tunes brush for my daughter so we could have motorized toothbrushes together (she really loved hers and kept asking me to get one too). I picked up this one when I had a coupon. I had had another motorized toothbrush, but I stopped using because my teeth were too sensitive. My initial experience with this toothbrush was good. It really felt as though it got every tooth and in between clean, which is definitely what I wanted. This toothbrush was not as hard on my teeth as the other one and as long as I used sensitive teeth toothpaste, it worked for me. I loved how my teeth and mouth felt after I used it; it felt like a dentist's cleaning. It was great. Unfortunately, my motorized toothbrush stopped working after about two weeks. I replaced the batteries and that did not work. The motor has burned completely out. I took it back to the store and, thankfully, they let me return it. I bought a new one and at first, again, it was great. This toothbrush burned out after a month. I decided after that, that I was not even going to bother again. I am sticking to my regular toothbrush from now. Motorized toothbrushes are not worth the hassle.

It died after 30 days

from Sugar Land,Tx

Pros

• Cleans Hard To Reach Spots
  • Clean Teeth
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle On Gums

Cons

• Wears Out Quickly

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

This tooth brush wouldn't suck so bad if it worked longer than a month after it had been purchased! I will not be purchasing anything else of colgate brand.

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

This toothbrush is alright, but it's not great by any means. I had a nice powered toothbrush, but the motor went out in it. I wanted another one, but I didn't want to spend that much money on one. I saw this at a grocery store, and it was very cheap! This toothbrush definitely cleans better than a regular toothbrush, but it is not as good as other powered toothbrushes I have used. The batteries in it died after two weeks. That was very disappointing. It was difficult to replace the batteries, so it's not something I would want to have to do twice a month. I also bought some of these for my kids, and they love them. I used to have to force them to brush their teeth, but now they will brush as long as I let them. I wish there was an option to buy a charger for this toothbrush like other ones have. My children still use them because I don't think they need an expensive brush, but I have upgraded.

• Performance/Cleaning:

This toothbrush is the reason I stick to regular ones!

from lakeland, florida

Not worth the effort.

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

I bought this for my son about a year ago to try to get him to brush his teeth willingly. I thought the fun electric aspect to it would keep him entertained enough to make him want to use it, but the whole idea really kind of backfired on me. First, the toothbrush head is really just too big. It hurt his mouth to use it, and actually made him hate using it. The size also kept him from being able to reach all the parts of his teeth so I didn't see the point of having a toothbrush that didn't brush all the teeth. Second, it ran through batteries very quickly. The price of all the batteries was just not worth it to me. This toothbrush might be a good fit for someone with a larger mouth, and someone who doesn't mind buying batteries for it, but it just didn't work for my son and me.

Performance/Cleaning
    The head of the brush was too big to reach into all the tighter places.

Went through batteries very quickly.

Does it's job!

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

I was not too sure about the small battery powered tooth brushes on their cleaning ability, but this one surprised me! I had tried some before that either the heads didn't vibrate properly or they were too strong, and it made my teeth bleed so hard I couldn't finish!

Performance/Cleaning
    Very good cleaning performance, and it gets well between the teeth . It's also small enough to get the teeth in the very back and clean them well. It gets the plaque off the teeth with out making them bleed. Some electric tooth brushes you have to use some pressure on it to get it to clean better but not with this one. It works easily to get the food off the teeth. With the cleaner teeth it helps with flossing to be more efficient and less missed gunk on and between your teeth.

We've had this one for a year and it is still going strong The batteries can be changed easily and the heads come out and changed quickly. The tooth brush heads are priced at a reasonable price so it wont cost much to replace the heads.

Colgrate Motion Toothbrush - not for this household

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

These are just to big to use and store in our bathrooms and they are certainly not travel friendly. They are harder to clean and I would not recommend them for children. Actually I didn't like it for myself either. We ended up throwing them out and I did get a electric toothbrush but I still like the old fashion toothbrushes that fits your hand, store easily and the bristle hold up. These bristle seemed to have a tendency to lay or mash down. The kids didn't like them and wanted to change back to the old fashion kind.

Performance/Cleaning
    I don't think this works as well as when you brush by hand but it made a good stocking stuffer. This brush was somewhat limited to what colors in came in and I could not get 5 different colors.

Probably as durable and lost lasting as any or the other toothbrushes out there. It just was not a fit for our house hold and we did away with them shortly after using them, For the most part we like the old fashion brushes the best.

Overall Good Product

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

Great product and leaves your teeth looking great! A bit hard to clean and maintain though.

Performance/Cleaning
    Cleans your teeth great! But the brush definetely shows all the hard work it does and needs to cleaned itself regularly. Toothpaste is one of the biggest problems I have had with my own and getting that build up off.

Has lasted for a great length of time already and I am excited to see how much longer it lasts at this performance before it is time to get another!

Very good toothbrush!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

I would have to say that this is a very good motion toothbrush and it worked fine for me and my family. I like the fact that it is battery operated and so easy to use. The price is right because I am like many other people that can't afford to purchase the high priced fancy motion toothbrushes. this product serves the purpose just fine. It does a fine job of cleaning the teeth. I would highly recommend this motion toothbrush for a family. I do think that it is a very wise and sensible toothbrush for children and adults.

Performance/Cleaning
    The performance of this product is wonderful and it really does an excellent job of cleaning the teeth and is so very easy to use. I really do think that it does help reduce cavities and other problems such as gum disease if it is used properly and at least three times a day.

I think that this toothbrush is a quite long lasting product and will well be worth the money as a health purchase for the family.

Not a good investment

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

I purchased the Colgate Motion toothbrush for my son about one month ago. He brushes his teeth two times a day and is ten years old. After about two weeks the bristles were already seemed frayed out and the spinner was not at the same FULL SPEED it was in the beginning. I did replace the batteries thinking maybe we had bad batteries in there, but no change. I understand that kids are kind of rough with their toothbrushes but I expect a toothbrush to last longer then two weeks even for a child. He does not chew his toothbrush so I am unsure how the fraying started unless he is pushing to hard on his teeth. I have always purchased Colgate brand toothbrushes and will probably still do so as they are my favorite, however I will read reviews before purchasing any of their motion toothbrushes. Maybe the best thing to do is just stick with the normal plain old toothbrush.

Great for my toddler

from Haslet, TX

Comments about Colgate Motion Toothbrush:

I bought this Colgate motion toothbrush for my two year old daughter who sometimes resists teeth-cleaning. I found a Dora the Explorer version at our local Wal-Mart, and picked it up as one of her Christmas presents. The toothbrush design is cute and makes her look forward to brushing her teeth each day. The speed of the spinning head is just right. Some spin brushes go too fast and make your face feel funny/overly-vibrated, but this one is just right. I feel like I am able to clean her teeth more efficiently with this toothbrush (as opposed to a manual brush). One downside to look out for - wait to turn the toothbrush on until it is inside your mouth. I've accidentaly slung globs of toothpaste onto the bathroom mirror by turning it on before I could get it into her mouth. Other than that, this is a solid toothbrush that I would definitely buy again.